This Cruise news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about cruises from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- UK cruise liner to require all passengers be vaccinated
Saga Cruises, a U.K.-based cruise
operator, announced it was requiring all passengers to have received the COVID-19 vaccine before embarking on a trip.
ABC News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Saga says cruise customers will need vaccines before boarding
Over-50s holiday and insurance specialist Saga is to require customers to be fully vaccinated before boarding cruises, the company has announced.
Sky News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Saga cruises says all customers must be vaccinated
Holidaymakers in 2021 must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, the travel firm says.
BBC News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Microsoft invests in Cruise, a company that develops driverless cars
This investment will raise Cruise's subsequent valuation to $ 30 billion. Its objective will be to accelerate the commercialization of self-driving vehicles.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Saga will turn away cruise passengers who haven't been vaccinated
The firm, which mainly caters to over-50s based in the UK, today wrote to passengers saying they must be inoculated at least 14 days before travel and take a Covid test.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Norwegian (NCLH) Extends Voyage Suspension to Meet CDC Guidelines
Norwegian's (NCLH) Norwegian Cruise
Line, Oceania Cruises
and Regent Seven Seas Cruises
extend suspension of operations till Apr 30, 2021.
Zacks. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Microsoft is investing and partnering with GM's Cruise on self-driving cars
Microsoft will join GM, Honda Motor and other institutional investors in a combined new equity investment of more than $2 billion in Cruise.
CNBC. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Acidification impedes shell development of plankton off the U.S. West Coast, study shows
Results from a 2016 research cruise
show ocean acidification has interfered with shell development of zooplankton that are a critical part of the marine food web.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Microsoft Partners With GM-Backed Cruise On Robotaxi Tech, Joins $2 Billion Funding Round
The partnership strengthens Cruise's push to commercialize its Origin robotaxi service.
Forbes. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- No. 11 Houston uses big first half to cruise past UCF 75-58
Quentin Grimes scored 18 points, Justin Gorham added 15 points and nine rebounds and No. 11 Houston used a dominant first half to cruise
to a 75-58 win over UCF on Sunday.
Fox News. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Clippers still rule in Sacramento Kings' castle: Five takeaways from Friday's win
Guard Patrick Beverley (personal reasons) didn't play, but the Clippers still cruised to a 15th straight win, 138-100, over the Kings in Sacramento.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Carnival's (CCL) Holland Opens Bookings for 2022 Europe Voyages
Carnival's (CCL) Holland America Line starts taking bookings for 2022 Europe season. The company states that 2022 cruise
bookings are running ahead compared with 2019 levels.
Zacks. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- No vaccine, no service: How vaccinations may affect travel plans in the future
The choice of whether to vaccinate against Covid-19 may affect the ability to fly, cruise
and travel once vaccinations become widespread later this year.
CNBC. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Iran 'starts building key component of nuclear bombs'
Iran has announced plans to begin manufacturing uranium metal, amid heightened tensions with the US. It comes as Iran fired cruise
missiles as part of a naval drill in the Gulf of Oman today.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Here's who bought the Vista Cruiser from 'That '70s Show' for $500
Actor Wilmer Valderrama told Kelly Clarkson about how he came to own the 1969 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser from "That '70s Show."
Fox News. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
Cruises Travel Agents News Headlines and News Summaries