This Cruise news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about cruises from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Powerful investors think cruises will be 'next big thing' for Virgin
Virgin Voyages is launching after the lifting of Covid restrictions allowed international cruises
to restart. Chief commercial officer Nirmal Saverimuttu reported 'strong demand'.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- American superstar Caeleb Dressel takes gold in the men's 50m freestyle at the Tokyo Olympics
Dressel cruised to a relatively easy win in the frenetic dash from one end of the pool to the other, touching in an Olympic record of 21.07 seconds. He splashed the water in victory after the race.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- Jack Whitehall's 'Jungle Cruise' character comes out as gay in a not so 'big deal' kind of a way
Jack Whitehall's character, Macgregor Houghton, just happens to be gay in the new Disney adventure, "Jungle Cruise"
ABC News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Royal Caribbean shares tumble as 6 Covid cases discovered on board a ship, cruise line expands U.S. testing policy
Royal Caribbean Cruises
announced that it will require all guests to test for Covid after several fully-vaccinated guests tested positive.
CNBC. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- 6 people test positive for COVID-19 after Caribbean cruise
Six passengers who sailed on a Royal Caribbean ship tested positive for COVID-19 near the end of their cruise
and were immediately quarantined, the company said Friday.
Fox News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- 'Top Gun: Maverick' star Lewis Pullman reveals he 'puked so much' filming flight scenes: Never 'on camera'
Lewis Pullman stars in the Tom Cruise-led movie, "Top Gun: Maverick." The film is slated for a November 19 theater release.
Fox News. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Norwegian Cruise Line (NCLH) May Report Negative Earnings: Know the Trend Ahead of Next Week's Release
Line (NCLH) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Box Office: How Hollywood Killed The Leading Man
Hollywood spent 20 years trying to turn every handsome white guy into Tom Cruise
and yet kept casting them as flat heroic leads in one mega-budget variation on 'Legend' after another.
Forbes. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt think new 'Jungle Cruise' movie offers the kind of 'scare' kids find fun
'It can be a little scary but that's the fun, tantalizing part for kids; they love this kind of scare.' Dwayne Johnson thinks the new 'Jungle Cruise' movies offers the right tone of fright and fun for the whole family.
ABC News. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- International cruises from England to restart
People arriving at UK ports who have been fully vaccinated in the US and the EU will not have to isolate.
BBC News. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Norwegian Cruise Line (NCLH) Gains As Market Dips: What You Should Know
In the latest trading session, Norwegian Cruise
Line (NCLH) closed at $25.52, marking a +0.28% move from the previous day.
Zacks. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Up 16% Last Week, Will Royal Caribbean Stock Rally Further?
While RCL stock, along with other major U.S. cruise
companies, saw a sell-off earlier this month, amid the spread of the Delta variant of the Coronavirus and an uptick in U.S. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- The Cruise Industry Stages a Comeback
After watching thousands of passengers get ill and more than a year of devastating financial losses, the global cruise
industry is coming back to life. And it says it knows how to deal with the coronavirus.
New York Times. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Tokyo Live updates: Katie Ledecky cruises to 400m finals, Biles and Co. have wobbly start
Team USA already has six medals in the pool, and Jagger Eaton took bronze in skateboarding.
ESPN. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Ross, Klineman cruise in beach volleyball opener
Americans April Ross and Alix Klineman won in straight sets over China in their Olympic beach volleyball opener on Sunday.
ESPN. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
Cruises Travel Agents News Headlines and News Summaries