This Cruise news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about cruises from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Tom Cruise returns his Golden Globes amid HFPA controversy
"Jerry Maguire" star Tom Cruise
has given back his three Golden Globes in protest of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which continues to face scandal.
Fox News. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Florida man crashes a cop car during chase, outmaneuvers cops and steals a SECOND patrol car
Xavier Cummings, 33, has been charged with grand theft auto and other counts for allegedly stealing two police cruisers in Florida on May 6 and leading cops on a 60-mile high-speed chase.
Daily Mail. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- NBC will not air 2022 Golden Globes ceremony as Tom Cruise returns his gongs
US network NBC will not air the Golden Globes in 2022, following criticism over a lack of diversity in the group that organises the awards.
Sky News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Untroubled waters: Bridge transported along Rotterdam river
THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) - A 200-meter (656-foot)-long bridge took a slow cruise
through the heart of Rotterdam in the early hours of Monday morning, heading for its new home near the city's busy port area. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Cruise line may flee Florida over ban on "vaccine passport"
CEO says state law barring businesses from asking for vaccination status conflicts with federal guidelines.
CBS News. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- American grandmother among 12 killed in Mexico bus crash
A tourist bus carrying cruise
ship passengers to Mayan ruins in Mexico killed 12 people and hurt 18 others when it flipped Tuesday. Seven Americans are among the injured and at least one American died in the crash. Manuel Bojorquez reports.
CBS News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Cruise Line Threatens to Skip Florida Ports Over Proof-of-Vaccination Ban
Line plans to require Covid-19 vaccine documentation from its crew members and customers, but Florida recently enacted a law that bars businesses from doing so.
New York Times. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Norwegian Cruise Line CEO says U.S. ships are unlikely to sail this summer, calls CDC guidance 'unfair'
Shares of Norwegian Cruise
Line fell nearly 7% on Thursday after the company released financial results for the first quarter.
CNBC. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Viking Announces New Summer Mediterranean Cruises
Viking announced it will be restarting its ocean cruises
on the Mediterranean this summer with a new ship, Viking Venus, new itineraries, and a new homeport in Malta.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- CDC issues new cruise guidelines for volunteer test voyages
The CDC issues new guidance for cruise
operators to move toward with resuming operations.
Fox News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Norwegian Cruise (NCLH) Posts Narrower-than-Expected Q1 Loss
(NCLH) top line in first-quarter 2021 hurt by cancellation of voyages due to the pandemic.
Zacks. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Disney shares first look at its 'real' lightsaber coming to Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Hotel
In honor of Star Wars Day, Disney revealed its "real" lightsaber and gave fans a look at the new Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Hotel coming to Walt Disney World.
ABC News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Fox News Cruises To Big Win In Weekly Cable News Ratings
FNC's "Tucker Carlson Tonight" was the most-watched show in cable news, with a total audience of 2.9 million viewers.
Forbes. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Norwegian Cruise (NCLH) to Post Q1 Earnings: What's in Store?
Norwegian Cruise's (NCLH) first-quarter performance is likely to have been affected by pandemic-induced lockdowns and travel restrictions along with closure of key ports.
Zacks. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Suspected migrant boat breaks up off San Diego, killing four
Four people die and some two dozen are injured after the cabin cruiser breaks up close to shore.
BBC News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
Cruises Travel Agents News Headlines and News Summaries