This Cruise news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about cruises from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sabalenka cruises past Azarenka for title at Ostrava Open
Third-seeded Aryna Sabalenka cruised to the title at the inaugural Ostrava Open on Sunday, defeating fourth-seeded Victoria Azarenka 6-2, 6-2 in the first WTA all-Belarusian final.
Fox News. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Ajax nets 13 goals to set Dutch league record
Lassina Traore scored four times and two other players had two goals as Ajax cruised to a 13-0 victory over VVV-Venlo for the largest margin of victory in Eredivisie history.
ESPN. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- If A.O.C. Is So Heavily Favored, Why Has Her Race Drawn $30 Million?
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is expected to cruise
to re-election, yet the race for her congressional seat is the second most expensive House campaign in the nation.
New York Times. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- Will cruise ships return to Venice?
Pressure is mounting on the Italian authorities to decide on the future of cruise
ships in Venice.
BBC News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Cruise Ship Rescues 24 People From Sinking Boat Off Florida Coast
The Carnival Sensation, which was sailing with no guests and a skeleton crew, found the boat in distress 37 miles off the coast of Palm Beach.
New York Times. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Expect a price jump, and new COVID-19 rules, when booking your next cruise
companies say pent-up demand, once the U.S. no-sail order is lifted, will lead to higher ticket costs.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Exclusive for MoS readers: Discover Venice on a river cruise with culinary legend Prue Leith
You'll go to the Rialto food market with Prue and enjoy a cooking demonstration, exclusive talk and gala dinner with her aboard this seven-night luxury Uniworld cruise.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Cruise ship rescues 24 people from boat off Florida coast
A Carnival Cruise
Line ship rescued two dozen people, including two children, from a sinking boat 37 miles off the Florida coast, the cruise
line reported Saturday.
Yahoo. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- Bodycam footage shows terrifying moment Seattle cop is injured after burning piece of wood thrown
A man threw a flaming piece of lumber into a police cruiser while an officer was inside while driving down an alleyway in Seattle. Body cam footage provides a split screen account.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Norwegian Cruise Line (NCLH) Outpaces Stock Market Gains: What You Should Know
Line (NCLH) closed the most recent trading day at $16.20, moving +0.62% from the previous trading session.
Zacks. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Eight passengers test positive for COVID-19 on Costa Cruises ship
Eight passengers who sailed on Costa Cruises' Costa Diadema in Italy have tested positive for COVID-19.
Yahoo. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Waiting more than 170 days for cruise refund
customers say they have been waiting more than six months for refunds for cancelled holidays.
BBC News. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Indiana grandfather pleads guilty in Puerto Rico cruise ship death
Eighteen-month-old Chloe Wiegand slipped from his grasp and fell about 150 feet from an open window of Royal Caribbean Cruises' Freedom of the Seas ship in July 2019.
ABC News. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Grandfather pleads guilty in Puerto Rico cruise ship death
An Indiana man who was holding his granddaughter when she fell to her death from an 11th-story open window on a Royal Caribbean cruise
ship docked in Puerto Rico last July pleaded guilty Thursday to negligent homicide, according to reports.
Fox News. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- GM's Cruise plans to test unmanned self-driving cars this year in San Francisco
General Motors plans to begin testing autonomous vehicles without drivers through its majority-owned subsidiary Cruise
by the end of this year in California.
CNBC. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
Cruises Travel Agents News Headlines and News Summaries