This Cruise news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about cruises from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- British grandma jailed for smuggling cocaine on cruise dies in agony in Portuguese rat-infested jail
Retired secretary Susan Clarke died in Lisbon's EP Tires jail last Sunday, where she had been held for two years after being caught smuggling cocaine on a cruise
with husband Roger, 72.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- Norwegian Cruise (NCLH) Bets on Strong Demand Amid Cash Burn
(NCLH) benefits from robust demand and resumption of operations. However, coronavirus pandemic and cash burn woes persist.
Zacks. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Analyzing General Motors' (GM) Cruise: A Front-Runner in AV Space
General Motors' (GM) majority-owned Cruise
anticipates making $50 billion in revenues as it scales up operations over the next couple of years.
Zacks. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- COP26: Cruise ship arrives on River Clyde to accommodate delegates
About 2,000 people will stay on two vessels berthed in the River Clyde during the climate change summit.
BBC News. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Russian warships stage show of strength off of Japan
Varyag, a Russian cruiser and flagship of the Pacific Fleet, shot down 'flying targets' using its anti-missile defences in a drill on Monday in the Sea of Japan involving 13 other vessels, the Kremlin said.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- Cruise ships to return to San Francisco with record 127 port calls expected
The return comes after a 19-month cruise
hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
CBS News. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- Arsenal cruise past Everton to maintain 100% start to season
Arsenal continue their perfect start to the Women's Super League season with a comfortable victory over a disjointed Everton.
BBC News. Sunday, 10 Oct 2021.
- A COVID-free "cruise to nowhere"
Plying out of Hong Kong's waters, the "Genting Dream" cruise
ship offers a breath of fresh air for stir-crazy city dwellers seeking a COVID-free bubble on the high seas. Correspondent Ramy Inocencio reports.
CBS News. Saturday, 9 Oct 2021.
- Star Wars experience and more revealed on the new Disney Wish
When the summer of 2022 arrives, so will the debut of Disney Cruise
Line's latest addition to its fleet: the Disney Wish.
Fox News. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- GM-backed Cruise targets 1 million self-driving vehicles by 2030
Cruise, General Motors' majority-owned autonomous vehicle subsidiary, is targeting a fleet of at least 1 million self-driving vehicles by 2030.
CNBC. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- GM's Ultra Cruise can drive autonomously 95% of the time
GM's Ultra Cruise
advanced driver-assist system will be able to handle up to 95% of driving scenarios, according to the automaker. It will launch in 2023 with the capability to operate on 2 million miles of roads.
Fox News. Wednesday, 6 Oct 2021.
- GM To Launch Hands-Free Ultra Cruise On 2M Miles Of Roads In 2023
In 2023, General Motors will launch its next-generation hands-free driver assist system that works on 2 million miles of roads and navigates door to door.
Forbes. Wednesday, 6 Oct 2021.
- Norwegian Cruise Line set to launch full fleet by April for first time since pandemic no-sail orders, CEO says
Lines CEO Frank Del Rio said his full fleet of 28 ships will resume service by April 1 for the first time since the Covid pandemic began.
CNBC. Tuesday, 5 Oct 2021.
- Russian submarine test fires hypersonic Tsirkon cruise missile that 'could travel up to 6,900mph'
Russia says it has successfully launched a hypersonic Tsirkon cruise
missile from a submarine for the first time.
Sky News. Monday, 4 Oct 2021.
- Can U.S. Build A Better Iron Dome To Stop Cruise Missiles?
On September 24, the Army announced it had awarded U.S. defense firm Dynetics a $237 million contract to build prototypes of its Enduring Shield short-range air defense system designed to protect U.S. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 30 Sep 2021.
Cruises Travel Agents News Headlines and News Summaries