This Credit and Debt news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about credit and debt news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Allina Health Pauses Policy of Cutting Off Care for Patients in Debt
Allina Health, a large health system in the Midwest, had withheld care for patients who had $4,500 in medical bills.
New York Times. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- BlackRock (BLK) to Buy Kreos, Enhance Private Debt Products
BlackRock (BLK) signs an agreement to acquire Kreos Capital. This will help the company provide its clients with a wide range of private market investment products and services.
Zacks. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Ark7, the transparency-centered app that leaves no investor behind: Tech Review
Ark7 is a mobile and browser application helping accredited and non-accredited investors alike invest in real estate.
Inman. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Jewelry chain apologizes for not accepting Puerto Rico license as valid U.S. ID
Abdiel Gonzalez was trying to buy an engagement ring from Shane Co. and needed a U.S. ID to finance it with a Shane Co. credit
CBS News. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- State reaches settlement over pandemic rent relief: What tenants and landlords need to know
A year after tenant advocates sued the state housing department, a settlement requires it to disburse rent debt
relief funds to eligible tenants.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- UBS and the Swiss government sign loss protection agreement over Credit Suisse takeover
UBS and the Swiss government announced Friday that they had signed a loss protection agreement which will come into effect once the takeover of Credit
Suisse is completed.
CNBC. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Speaker McCarthy eyes new commission to tackle nation's debt, but many Democrats are wary
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy is studying the history books and considering the appointment of a mix of lawmakers and business leaders as he lays the groundwork for a new commission to tackle the nation's growing debt
Washington Times. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- GOP agenda's momentum threatened by Republican hard-liners upset with McCarthy-Biden debt limit deal
Speaker Kevin McCarthy's debt
limit deal has spawned such bad blood within the House Republican Conference that it threatens to upend the rest of the GOP's agenda for this year.
Washington Times. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Warner Bros. Discovery stock rises for second straight day as company pays down debt
Warner Bros. Discovery said it paid off a chunk of debt
this quarter, a development overshadowed by the departure of CNN chief Chris Licht.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Young Americans brace for 'unprecedented' return of student loan payments
Student loans will be due for millions in August for the first time in years, due to the pandemic, despite a Supreme Court challenge to Biden's debt
ABC News. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Cullen/Frost (CFR) Aided by High Interest Rates Amid Cost Woes
Cullen/Frost (CFR) continues to benefit from higher loans, rising interests and franchise expansion moves. However, deteriorating credit
quality and an undiversified loan portfolio are concerning.
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- White House Plots Backup Plan If SCOTUS Slaps Down Student Debt Relief: REPORT
Several administration officials have conveyed private doubts
Daily Caller. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Thiel-backed fund Valar seeds British payments start-up
A fund backed by Peter Thiel, one of the world’s most prominent technology investors, is injecting fresh funding into a British payments start-up which aims to compete with credit
card giants Visa and Mastercard.
Sky News. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Telegraph owner tables last-ditch bid to keep control of newspapers
The former owners of The Daily Telegraph have tabled a proposal to restructure its debt
to Britain's biggest high street lender in a last-ditch attempt to regain control of the right-wing newspaper.
Sky News. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- House Proposal Would Restore Expanded And Improved Monthly Child Tax Credits
A group of U.S. Representatives have introduced the American Family Act, which make the previously expanded and improved monthly child tax credit
Forbes. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
News Headlines and News Summaries