This Credit and Debt news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about credit and debt news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Amsterdam' star Mike Myers credits Chicago improv teacher for movie successes
Comedic actor Mike Myers opens up about his upcoming movie "Amsterdam," and who he credits for some of his famous skills.
ABC News. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Judge will soon decide the fate of Biden's student loan plan
Three lawsuits have surfaced aiming to block President Biden's plan to forgive billions of dollars in student debt
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Time to Invest in this Big Bank Stock During High Inflation?
While mortgage loans may continue to decline, banks that can keep loan volume up through personal loans, credit
cards, and commercial banking have a chance to thrive in current economic conditions.
Zacks. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Hospital System to Refund Poor Patients Who Were Entitled to Free Care
Providence began reaching out to more than 700 patients after The Times contacted the hospital system about its billing and debt-collection practices.
New York Times. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Pound at two-week high after spending plan reports
The pound remained high despite confusion over when Kwasi Kwarteng would set out his debt-cutting plan.
BBC News. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Credit Suisse to remain 'under pressure' but analysts wary of Lehman comparison
Suisse shares briefly sank to an all-time low on Monday while credit
default swaps hit a record high.
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Daughter Of Journalist Who Set Self On Fire Charged With Discrediting Russian Army
The daughter of the late Russian journalist Irina Slavina, who died two years ago after setting herself on fire in an apparent reaction to being under investigation, has been charged with discrediting Russia's armed forces.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Credit union invites members to back zero-down mortgages
Blue Federal Credit
Union is partnering with real estate agents to find creditworthy borrowers for creative "no-money-down" mortgage program.
Inman. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Biden's student debt bailout benefits top earners most, new report shows
President Biden's $420 billion student debt
bailout will benefit top earners the most, according to a new study released Monday.
Washington Times. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng to set out debt plan earlier than planned
The chancellor has been under pressure to say how he will pay for major tax cuts package.
BBC News. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Credit Suisse reeling as fears for future mount: German rival Deutsche Bank also in the spotlight
The Zurich-based lender, which dates back to 1856 but has seen its reputation sullied in recent years by a string of scandals, saw its stock tank another 11.5%.
Daily Mail. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Credit Suisse crash to a record low amid market turmoil
Traders and bankers rushed to buy Credit
Default Swaps (CDS) - an insurance tool if the company goes bust - after its share price dropped by 10 per cent.
Daily Mail. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- GOP challenges to Biden's student loan forgiveness plan put debt relief in jeopardy
Millions of Americans who've been celebrating news of student loan forgiveness are now stuck in limbo as legal challenges to the plan mount.
CNBC. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- How to take control of your medical bills
Health care costs can become overwhelming, but consumers often have more power than they think in dealing with debt
CBS News. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- WEC Energy (WEC) Gains on Investments & Debt Management
WEC Energy (WEC) is poised for growth with systematic capital investments and an expanding customer base. However, its dependence on operating units and regulations are headwinds.
Zacks. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries