This Cotton news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cotton news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Patagonia sues Nordstrom accusing the retail giant of selling thousands of knock-off 'cotton' merch
Patagonia has filed a lawsuit against retail chain Nordstrom, with the outdoor clothing giant accusing them of selling fake Patagonia sweatshirts and t-shirts at their off-price stores.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Biden's staff look like 'lovestruck teenagers' trying to cozy up to China says Sen. Tom Cotton
Sen. Tom Cotton
(R-Ark.) called it 'pathetic' that Biden administration officials were 'chasing' their Chinese counterparts, amid signals of a potential thaw in relations.
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- The Best Beach Towels To Add To Your Cart
From lightweight Turkish cotton
options to cozy plush picks, these are the best beach towels to tote to the shore in 2023.
Forbes. Saturday, 27 May 2023.
- Sierra Leone's iconic cotton tree felled by storm
The Freetown landmark was a symbol of liberty for early settlers and appeared on banknotes.
BBC News. Thursday, 25 May 2023.
- 'I had a terrible life. I just kept going' - The trauma and triumph of rock icon Tina Turner
"Look what I have done in this lifetime, with this body," said Tina Turner, in a documentary released about her life in 2021. "I'm a girl from a cotton
field, that pulled myself above what was not taught to me."
Sky News. Wednesday, 24 May 2023.
- Teen accused of baby's murder told of 'hate' for newborn cry, court hears
A teenage mother accused of murdering her baby by assaulting him and then stuffing cotton
wool down his throat said "I hate the newborn cry", a court has heard.
Sky News. Friday, 12 May 2023.
- How Timberland, Vans, VF Corp. are making sure their cotton isn't 'greenwashed'
How does a retailer really know that the product they are selling is sustainable? Regenerative cotton
in Haiti shows how the data can overcome the skepticism.
CNBC. Saturday, 15 Apr 2023.
- The 9 Best Linen Sheets For Wicking, Cooling And All-Around Comfort
The best linen sheets are more breathable than cotton, and quickly absorb and release sweat. We selected our favorites from The Company Store, Buffy, Avocado and more.
Forbes. Tuesday, 11 Apr 2023.
- West suburban high schools under fire for controversial cotton lesson in slavery unit
Two west suburban high schools are under fire for a cotton
lesson that is part of their teachings on slavery in American History classes.
ABC News. Saturday, 18 Mar 2023.
- Adventurer Elise Wortley Recreates the Journeys of Famous Female Explorers
For historical accuracy, the 33-year-old Brit wears only the cotton
dresses, yak wool coats and hobnail boots that her predecessors would have had
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 8 Mar 2023.
- Cotton unveils bill to make doctors liable for gender transition surgery on kids
Sen. Tom Cotton
and a group of fellow GOP lawmakers introduced legislation Thursday that would allow adults to sue medical providers who performed gender transition procedures on them as minors.
Washington Times. Thursday, 2 Mar 2023.
- Black students at Upland elementary school reportedly bullied with racist drawings
The mother of a girl at Pepper Tree Elementary School said her daughter, who is Black, was given drawings with the messages, "You're my favorite monkey" and "To my favorite cotton
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 21 Feb 2023.
- Indiana Rep. Jim Banks picks up Senate endorsement from Tom Cotton
Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton
endorsed his House GOP colleague Rep. Jim Banks of Indiana for U.S. Senate on Tuesday, hours after Banks launched his campaign.
Fox News. Tuesday, 17 Jan 2023.
- Peach Or Cotton? Viral Bowl Girls Fracture The College Football World
Who doesn't love beautiful women?
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 4 Jan 2023.
- USC Blows 15-Point Lead In 4 Minutes To Suffer Epic Collapse, Tulane Wins Cotton Bowl
Man, you gotta love bowl season.
Daily Caller. Monday, 2 Jan 2023.
Cotton & Cotton Goods News Headlines and News Summaries