This Cotton news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cotton news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Nitrocotton Blamed for Fireworks Factory Explosion in China
South China blast injures 6
Voice of America. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Despite any discomfort as temperatures rise, health officials say to keep your mask on when out in public
Experts say if you are planning on being outside for a long period of time, use a more breathable cotton
mask in a lighter color and bring extras in case of sweat.
ABC News. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: Cotton masks more protective than bandanas
Researchers from Florida Atlantic University examined different materials and designs to find the best option for slowing the spread of virus carrying droplets.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Tom Cotton Nuclear testing amendment a reaction to China, Russia
It has been nearly 30 years since the U.S. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- GOP senator claims China is using coronavirus pandemic to make power grabs in Asia
Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ar., accused China on Sunday of using the coronavirus pandemic as a cover to make power grabs in contested regions along its borders.
Fox News. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Sen. Cotton urges legal consequences for 'mob violence' against US statues
Arkansas GOP Sen. Tom Cotton
urges the Justice Department to bring charges against statue vandals on 'Fox & Friends.'
Yahoo. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Germany bans single-use plastic straws, food containers
BERLIN (AP) - Germany is banning the sale of single-use plastic straws, cotton
buds and food containers, bringing it in line with a European Union directive intended to reduce the amount of plastic garbage that pollutes the environment. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Republican Senator Tom Cotton says John Roberts to run for office if he wants to get into politics
Arkansas Rep. Tom Cotton
tore into Chief Justice John Roberts for a 5-4 opinion that knocked out the Trump Administration's effort to end the DACA program.
Daily Mail. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- In pictures: Cairngorms' 'snowy fields' of bog cotton
This year's "display" of flowering cottongrass in the Cairngorms has been described as particularly striking.
BBC News. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Record Cotton Yields, Rising Acres Could Take A COVID-19 Crash
For hundreds of years, the dark, nutrient-rich soils of the Arkansas Delta supported cotton
farming. For more than a century, trade in this plant made this the most prosperous region in the state. ...
NPR. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Poll: Independents Dissatisfied With President Trump, Senator Cotton In Arkansas
President Donald Trump and U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., are struggling with independent voters in Arkansas less than five months before Election Day. ...
NPR. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
- Tom Cotton Runs Ad In New York Times After His Op-Ed Caused Outrage
'Joe Biden is too confused to be president'
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- James Bennet: NYT opinion editor resigns over Tom Cotton's article
The piece calling for military force to be used to quell protesters caused outrage in the newsroom.
BBC News. Sunday, 7 Jun 2020.
- New York Times Editorial Page Editor James Bennet Resigns After Tom Cotton Op-Ed
The NYT saw its employees publicly revolt after the op-ed was published
Daily Caller. Sunday, 7 Jun 2020.
- David Marcus: Tom Cotton's New York Times op-ed hysteria reveals shocking cowardice at the paper
Reporters at the New York Times are dictating what views the paper is and is not allowed to publish.
Fox News. Saturday, 6 Jun 2020.
Cotton & Cotton Goods News Headlines and News Summaries