This Cotton news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cotton news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- It's not too late. Last call for fall color in these California locations
It's not too late for procrastinators to spot flashy colors shimmering on the leaves of oak, maple, cottonwood, sycamore and alder trees at lower elevations.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Sen. Tom Cotton: Confirm Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court. The Second Amendment is at stake
Gun-rights supporters can be hopeful about the future.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- More Trade Tensions Between China and Australia
To add to the frustration, cotton
producers are beginning to plant for what is forecast to be a large crop after a long drought in Australia.
Voice of America. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Australia says it's ready to talk to China about their trade dispute
Two Australian cotton
industry groups said that China has started discouraging its spinning mills from using cotton
imported from Down Under.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Cottonelle Flushable Wipes recalled over bacteria concerns
According to the Cottonelle website, "the affected product could show the presence of a bacterium (Pluralibacter gergoviae) which naturally occurs in the environment and in the human body."
ABC News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Cottonelle wipes recalled for possible bacteria contamination
Irritation and minor infections reported from affected Kimberly-Clark products manufactured over eight-month period.
CBS News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Cavendish, Ramsay, Cotton & Bay share mental health thoughts with Joe Wicks
Mark Cavendish, Fearne Cotton, James Bay and Gordon Ramsay share how they try to maintain a healthy mind.
BBC News. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Sen. Cotton: Amy Coney Barrett confirmation hearing will not be impacted by coronavirus diagnoses
Sen. Tom Cotton
explained why he's confident Amy Coney Barrett's Senate confirmation hearing will occur as scheduled next week.
Fox News. Sunday, 4 Oct 2020.
- Ivanka Trump tries her hand at cotton candy making in North Carolina
Ivanka, 38, traveled to Charlotte, North Carolina, on Thursday wearing a white button-down tucked into black pants and a sweater tied over her shoulders.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- In bid to tackle pollution, England bans plastic straws, stirrers and cotton buds
There are some exemptions to the ban, which was originally due to come into force in April.
CNBC. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Ban on plastic straws begins TODAY: Stirrers and cotton buds also outlawed
Plastic straws and stirrers and plastic-stemmed cotton
buds will be banned in the UK from today in a major victory for the Mail's Turn the Tide on Plastic campaign.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Plastic straws, cotton buds and stirrers banned in England from today
A delayed ban stopping businesses from handing out plastic straws, stirrers and cotton
buds to customers comes into force today in England.
Sky News. Wednesday, 30 Sep 2020.
- Tom Cotton Spars With Jake Tapper Over Amy Coney Barrett, Merrick Garland Comparison
'Yeah, Jake, it's not so much about the timing but how the voters had spoken'
Daily Caller. Sunday, 27 Sep 2020.
- As China Faces U.S. Forced Labor Sanctions, Uzbekistan Becomes A Model
Here's a place to find cotton, if it's going to be banned from Xinjiang China -- Uzbekistan.
Forbes. Thursday, 24 Sep 2020.
- Tom Cotton Says He Took Himself Out Of Consideration For Supreme Court
Trump has publicly committed to picking a woman, with appeals court judges Amy Coney Barrett and Barbara Lagoa reportedly atop the list.
Forbes. Sunday, 20 Sep 2020.
Cotton & Cotton Goods News Headlines and News Summaries