This Cotton news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cotton news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Tom Cotton: There is 'no specific, credible threat' to justify National Guard being at Capitol
said there is no justifiable reason why thousands of National Guard members remain in Washington, D.C. as Republican lawmakers step up demands for their troops to return home.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Sen. Cotton: Democrats want Russia treaty extension after 'four years of beating their chests like Jack Ryan'
House Armed Services Committee member Tom Cotton, R-Ark., ripped President Biden's proposal to unconditionally extend the last remaining nuclear arms treaty between Moscow and Washington.
Fox News. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- Sen. Cotton: China sanctions are 'insidious escalation' of 'effort to influence American policy'
Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., argued on Sunday that sanctions against former Trump administration officials are a "dangerous" and "insidious escalation of China's effort to influence American policy."
Fox News. Sunday, 24 Jan 2021.
- "Super puff" exoplanet is as big as Jupiter but 10 times lighter
The "cotton candy" planet is challenging everything astronomers thought about the formation of gas giants.
CBS News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Sen Tom Cotton argues the Senate lacks authority to hold trial once the president leaves office
Tom Cotton, seen by many as a possible future presidential candidate, announced on Wednesday night he was against impeachment as he said the Senate did not have the authority.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- U.S. Bans All Cotton and Tomatoes From Xinjiang Region of China
The sweeping ban, which was based on concerns about forced labor in the region, could compel companies to reorganize their multinational supply chains.
New York Times. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- US bans all cotton and tomato products from Xinjiang over slave labor
"China does not just indicate a country of origin," one U.S. official said.
ABC News. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Xinjiang China Cotton, Tomatoes Get Forced Labor Ban By US Homeland
Homeland and Customs targets tomato sauces, cotton
goods, sourced from the Uyghur province of Xinjiang in China.
Forbes. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- UK tightens rules on using Uighur-picked cotton
Government says UK exports will also be monitored to ensure goods are not used in Uighur camps.
BBC News. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Warnock victory speech honors mother, who picked cotton in Jim Crow South
"The 82-year-old hands that used to pick somebody else's cotton
went to the polls and picked her youngest son to be a United States senator," Warnock said of his mother.
CBS News. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- These Are The Republicans Who Oppose Electoral College Objections
The list includes Trump allies like Sen. Tom Cotton
and Rep. Chip Roy, who argue objections would do more harm than good for Republicans.
Forbes. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- Make a Great Drink and Stay Sustainable With These Reusable Coffee Filters and Tea Bags
Paper coffee filters and tea bags can have harmful effects on the environment, so ReFlow wants to reimagine these caffeine staples with the help of recycled cotton
Mental Floss. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- Cotton Bowl preview: Can Kyle Trask lead Florida past Oklahoma's defense?
Breaking down everything we're expecting in this year's Cotton
Bowl between the Sooners and Gators.
ESPN. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- Biotech cotton key to eliminating devastating pest from US and Mexico
A collaboration between the University of Arizona, cotton
growers, and government and industry partners eradicated the pink bollworm -- one of the world's most damaging crop pests -- from the United States and Mexico.
Science Daily. Monday, 21 Dec 2020.
- UK business 'must wake up' to China's Uighur cotton slaves
MPs say clothes retailers must act after the BBC disclosed the plight of China's Uighurs and other minorities.
BBC News. Wednesday, 16 Dec 2020.
Cotton & Cotton Goods News Headlines and News Summaries