This Convention news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about conventions from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Senate candidate lights up an enormous blunt during unusual new campaign ad
A Louisiana Senate candidate released an unconventional new ad featuring him lighting up a massive blunt to underscore the need for weed legalization.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- CES 2022: Dog facial recognition and smart taps
Chris Fox tries out some of the gadgets on display at the convention's area for start-ups.
BBC News. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- European Court Says Bulgarian Eavesdropping Law Violates Rights Convention
The European Court of Human Rights has ruled that Bulgaria's law on secret surveillance and how data is held violates the European Convention
of Human Rights.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022.
- GOP narrows 2024 convention list to 4 cities
The Republican National Committee (RNC) has narrowed the list of contenders to host its 2024 presidential convention
to four major cities.
Fox News. Saturday, 8 Jan 2022.
- Republicans mull four cities for 2024 convention
Party leaders will travel to the four finalist cities to meet with local officials before making a final decision.
CBS News. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- Traffic jams build up in Elon Musk's 'Vegas Loop' tunnels while shuttling around CES attendees
Elon Musk's Las Vegas Convention
Center Loop is shuttling CES attendees through three stations, but a video shows the underground tunnels are more of a 'death trap' than innovation.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- E3: Gaming convention cancels in-person event due to Covid
E3 will not be held in LA this June and organisers have not yet said if it will be held online instead.
BBC News. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- Why Economics Based Planning Beats Conventional Financial Planning
Conventional planning, in my view, is about wishful and dangerous thinking. Conventional planning was designed by Wall Street to sell product, not to obey commonsense economic principles. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- The NCAA Is Not A Democracy
As the NCAA Convention
draws near, I am hearing much frustration from colleagues and presidents who work in Division III.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- Lenovo ThinkBook Plus Gen 3 is a 17.3-inch laptop with secondary 8-inch internal display
Here's something you don't see every day: a laptop with two displays.Lenovo's ThinkBook Plus Gen 3 is certainly an unconventional idea: a 17.3-inch laptop
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Republican Senate Candidate Is Selling NFTs To Finance Campaign
'Less conventional political donors'
Daily Caller. Monday, 27 Dec 2021.
- Will Chile's young, leftist president-elect show his large tattoos?
Gabriel Boric has always shunned conventions. And the woman who inked the three elaborate designs that fill Boric's arms and back is hoping that extends to his displaying her creations.
CBS News. Thursday, 23 Dec 2021.
- CES still on, Davos postponed: Conventions industry rebound in doubt amid omicron
The $100 billion conferences and events industry in the U.S. is on edge amid the recent Covid surge.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 Dec 2021.
- Retirement Retrospective. Will Your Nest Egg Last?
The conventional retirement wisdom suggests that you should save no more than four percent in your first year of retirement. That suggestion could change. Retirement Insight on Your Nest ...
Entrepreneur. Saturday, 11 Dec 2021.
- When lenders go wild: Mortgage broker brawl goes viral
A fight between two groups of mortgage brokers believed to be in Atlantic City for the Triple Play Realtor Convention
and Trade Expo went viral, sparking criticism of the real estate industry.
Inman. Friday, 10 Dec 2021.
Convention Planners News Headlines and News Summaries