This Construction news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about construction news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Julia James murder suspect, 21, pokes tongue out after appearing in court for first time
The Kent man charged with the murder of PCSO Julia James stuck out his tongue as he was led away from court this morning - as police staged a reconstruction of the officer's last movements.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Julia James's dog takes part as police reconstruct PCSO's final moments
Julia James's dog has taken part in a police reconstruction near to where his owner was found dead last month.
Sky News. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- 10 new construction gotchas agents should watch out for
Navigating new construction
is like walking through a field of landmines right now. You can never really be certain of the ground you are setting foot on because all continues to change at a rapid pace. ...
Inman. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Chandos And Buy Social Canada Launch Guide To Social Procurement To Help More Companies Spend With Impact
Chandos is one of the most admired companies in Canada: A 100% employee-owned construction
company with offices across Canada, they are the first and largest B Corp certified commercial builder on the continent.
Forbes. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Earnings Boom for Housing and Construction
Earnings Boom for Housing and Construction
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- The Zacks Rank Explained: How to Find Strong Buy Construction Stocks
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Rank.
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Ex-ITV chief Lord Allen lined up to chair Balfour Beatty
Balfour Beatty, one of Britain's biggest construction
groups, is lining up Lord Allen of Kensington, the former ITV chief executive, as its next chairman.
Sky News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Can Miami cranes withstand Hurricane Irma?
People in Miami Beach and other low-lying areas of Florida are being told to leave and find higher ground. Across the bay in Miami, there are big concerns over 25 construction
cranes that cannot be taken down before Irma arrives. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Subway construction project unearths prehistoric fossils in CA
A subway construction
project is Los Angeles is unearthing the prehistoric side of southern California. Workers excavating the tunnels discovered fossils of ancient mammals that roamed the area about 11,000 years ago. ...
CBS News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Major City investors join queue to fund UK's Disneyland
Funding documents for the London Resort near Dartford show it has lined up investors to finance the construction
of the giant attraction in two phases through a mix of investment and debt.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- A green tech battery plant is transforming deep-red Georgia
COMMERCE, Ga. (AP) - The size of the SK Innovation electric battery plant is staggering, a construction
project so vast it splays out along an industrial highway as far as the eye can see. But what really impressed Gov. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Horse Fossil, Possibly From the Ice Age, Is Found in Las Vegas Backyard
Workers found the bones, which could be up to 14,000 years old, during the construction
of a pool.
New York Times. Saturday, 1 May 2021.
- Pentagon halts border wall construction paid for with defense funds
- Pentagon cancels Trump-era border wall construction paid for by military funds
The Pentagon on Friday announced it is canceling all border wall construction
projects that were paid for by military funding -- part of a broader effort by the Biden administration to cancel the Trump-era barrier.
Fox News. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Soaring lumber prices add $36,000 to the cost of a new home, and a fierce land grab is only making it worse
As the housing market gets leaner, potential buyers are turning in greater numbers than ever to new construction, but builder costs are soaring.
CNBC. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
Construction Companies News Headlines and News Summaries