This Construction news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about construction news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Residents of 432 Park Sue Developers For $125 Million, Citing Defects
The condo board at 432 Park Avenue is suing the developers for construction
and design defects that have led to floods, faulty elevators, and electrical explosions.
New York Times. Monday, 27 Sep 2021.
- Here's Why Investors Should Hold EMCOR (EME) Stock Right Now
services demand and focus on aggressive buyouts to drive EMCOR Group (EME) amid challenges associated with the U.S. Industrial Services unit.
Zacks. Friday, 24 Sep 2021.
- Volkswagen (VWAGY) to Set Up $164M EV Battery Plant in Hefei
Volkswagen (VWAGY) announces the the construction
of a fully-owned battery systems plant in China's Hefei, which is expected to significantly boost production.
Zacks. Friday, 24 Sep 2021.
- Construction work starts on new Type 31 warships
The UK defence secretary cuts steel on the first of five warships to be built at Babcock's facility in Fife.
BBC News. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
- The Maya Built This Monumental Pyramid Out of Volcanic Rock
New research cites the colossal construction
as evidence of the civilization's rapid recovery from a devastating eruption
Smithsonian. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
- Construction Closures You Need to Know Today in Arlington & Irving
There are several construction
closures you need to know about beginning Thursday.
NBC. Thursday, Sep 23 2021.
- Government contracts 'killing off' construction industry
Andrew Richards of the construction
industry leadership board said pricing was unsustainable in Scotland.
BBC News. Wednesday, 22 Sep 2021.
- Covid-19 Australia: Dad forced to sack his son over mandatory jab blasts tradie riots in Melbourne
Melbourne businessman Peter Wishart says he had no other choice to sack general manager and son Daniel on Tuesday after the Victorian government mandated vaccinations for construction
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 22 Sep 2021.
- Construction Workers in Melbourne, Australia, Protest Vaccine Mandate
A second straight day of demonstrations included violent clashes with the police.
New York Times. Tuesday, 21 Sep 2021.
- Anti-vax protesters ambush cops, smash police cars and take over bridge in violent Melbourne protest
Building industry workers and anti-vaxxers were out protesting for a second consecutive day - many of them distraught after a tradesman took his own life at a construction
site on Tuesday morning.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 21 Sep 2021.
- Empty Tequila Bottles Reportedly Found On New Air Force One Plane Under Construction
The project is considered among ballistic missile programs as the "highest national priority."
Forbes. Saturday, 18 Sep 2021.
- Uptick in cybercrime ahead of Rio Olympic Games
The road to the Olympics in Rio de Janerio has been a bumpy one to say the least, plagued by worries about Zika, doping, water pollution, street violence and construction
CBS News. Friday, 17 Sep 2021.
- America Is Short of Over 5 Million Homes Amid Surge in Demand and Lack of Construction: Report
Data released on Sept. 9 show that the United States is short of 5.24 million homes.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 16 Sep 2021.
- New York City crime boss among arrests over alleged construction union plot
Ten members of a New York City crime family have been charged in connection with an alleged plot to seize control of a construction
union in a scheme which prosecutors said had all the major trappings of TV shows like The Sopranos.
Sky News. Wednesday, 15 Sep 2021.
- Prices for home construction materials dip for first time in 2021
Builders got a break in August from the price increases of previous months, but the unpredictable swings in costs remained unwelcome.
Inman. Tuesday, 14 Sep 2021.
Construction Companies News Headlines and News Summaries