This Construction news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about construction news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Fastenal (FAST) Q4 Earnings & Revenues Beat, Shares Rise
Fastenal (FAST) reports higher earnings and revenues on the back of strong demand for manufacturing and construction
Zacks. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Builder confidence dips in January as construction materials soar 19%
The index decreased by one point to 83 in January, the first marked decrease in four months, according to the National Association of Homebuilders.
Inman. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- The Zacks Rank Explained: How to Find Strong Buy Construction Stocks
Finding strong, market-beating stocks with a positive earnings outlook becomes easier with the Zacks Rank.
Zacks. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Former Democrat Virginia governor praises Glenn Youngkin's focus on education
Former Virginia Democratic Gov. L. Doug Wilder, the first African-American elected governor of a state since Reconstruction, joined 'Your World' on Monday.
Fox News. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Construction group Kier in talks to buy rival Tilbury Douglas
Kier Group, the London-listed construction
company, is in talks about a deal that will complete the break-up of what was once one of Britain's biggest outsourcers.
Sky News. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Three dead and six wounded in 'drone attack' on Abu Dhabi carried out by Iran-backed Houthi rebels
Police said three fuel tanker trucks exploded in the industrial Musaffah area near storage facilities of oil firm ADNOC and that a fire broke out at a construction
site at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Daily Mail. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- China steps up construction along disputed border, implicating security in key Indian territory
The buildings may provide a base of operations for China to improve its activity in the region after struggling to maintain forces during a standoff with India.
Fox News. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- US Navy unveils plans for new warship that would fire hypersonic missiles and lasers
The new DDG(X) - expected to begin construction
by 2028 - will be the largest war vessel the Navy has attempted to build in more than 20 years and hopes to feature 600kw laser weapons.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- Construction in Rome Reveals Well-Preserved, 2,000-Year-Old Dog Statue
Researchers also uncovered three stone tombs, an urn and the remains of a young man
Smithsonian. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- Landslide kills 14 and injures three others at hospital construction site in China
A landslide has killed 14 people and injured three others on a hospital construction
site in southwestern China.
Sky News. Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022.
- Italy Bans McDonald's Drive-Through at Ancient Roman Baths Site
Upholding an earlier decision, the high court halts construction
of a new restaurant, resolving a years-long dispute in favor of cultural preservation
Smithsonian. Monday, 3 Jan 2022.
- Top 4 Construction Stocks Likely to Maintain Momentum in 2022
Investors should buy Toll Brothers (TOL), Lennar (LEN), Comfort Systems (FIX), Eagle Materials (EXP) and Tecnoglass (TGLS) stocks for 2022 as these are likely to maintain their momentum amid ...
Entrepreneur. Friday, 31 Dec 2021.
- We Can Finally Do Away With The Accursed BEEP-BEEP Of Heavy Machines - And EVs Too
This sound travels for huge distances and is the bane of everybody who is anywhere near construction, which is a lot of people, a lot of the time.
Forbes. Monday, 27 Dec 2021.
- Santa Monica's message to people evicted long ago for the 10 Freeway: Come home
Santa Monica is pushing a program among the first of its kind to offer affordable housing to families and their descendants who were displaced by the construction
of Interstate 10.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 26 Dec 2021.
- Kosovo Ex-Mayor Among 10 Detained Corruption Suspects
Kosovar authorities say they have detained 10 people, including a former mayor, municipal directors, and heads of private companies, over allegations of illegal construction
work at a tourist resort.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 21 Dec 2021.
Construction Companies News Headlines and News Summaries