This Construction news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about construction news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Construction: How to turn 36 seconds into USD 5.4 billion
A team of researchers have, for the first time ever, linked 40 years of productivity data from the construction
industry with the actual work done. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- House Democrats propose blocking construction projects on military bases with Confederate names
The House Appropriations Committee approved a spending bill for the fiscal year 2021, but included a provision that would prohibit military construction
projects on bases named after Confederate figures.
Fox News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Sky wins planning approval for new UK studios complex
of the state-of-the-art facility, which will be built in Hertfordshire near the famous Elstree studios, can now begin. It will have 12 sound stages and be equivalent in size to 22 football pitches.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Greenpeace activists hang banner on Notre Dame Cathedral crane
Greenpeace activists hung banners from a huge construction
crane atop Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris on Thursday, accusing France and President Emmanuel Macron of not doing enough to fight climate change.
Fox News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- JCB electric digger wins top MacRobert engineering prize
An all-electric construction
vehicle from the Staffordshire firm wins this year's MacRobert Award.
Yahoo. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Brick Boys: Afghan Kids Toil For Construction Industry
A 14-year-old boy called Shukrullah makes 500 bricks a day in 40-degree heat. At this Afghan brick factory in Faryab Province, more than half of the workers are children.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- HD Supply (HDS) Displays Bright Prospects Despite Risks
HD Supply (HDS) is likely to gain from strength across its living space MRO and specialty construction
markets. Change in customer demand patterns and high debt level remain concerning.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Climate activists protest from Notre Dame Cathedral crane
PARIS (AP) - Greenpeace activists hung banners from a huge construction
crane atop Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris on Thursday, accusing France and President Emmanuel Macron of not doing enough to fight climate change. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Bow crane collapse: One dead and four injured in crane collapse
The crane crashed on to a block of flats under construction
and two terraced houses in east London.
BBC News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Massive crane collapses onto homes in Bow east London 'leaving one man seriously injured'
Firefighters are searching for at least one person believed to be trapped after a 65-foot crane collapsed onto two houses next to a construction
site in Bow, east London.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Construction worker dies at SoFi Stadium after exhibiting 'signs of a health issue'
worker dies at SoFi Stadium on Tuesday after exhibiting 'signs of a health issue,' according to the joint venture overseeing the project.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Here's Why Improving Economic Trends Will Aid EMCOR Business
EMCOR (EME) gains from robust construction
activity and lucrative opportunities in the commercial market.
Zacks. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- The construction industry draws on green tech with electric and hydrogen fuel cell equipment
HS2 is a major high-speed rail project linking London to other big cities in England.
CNBC. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Amnesty Urges Pakistan To Allow Construction Of Islamabad's First Hindu Temple After Halt
Amnesty International has urged Pakistan to allow the construction
of a Hindu temple in the capital, Islamabad, that was halted amid opposition to the project from religious and political circles.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Small Business Loans Flowed to Health Care, Construction and Big States
The Trump administration began releasing details of which businesses received Paycheck Protection Program loans.
New York Times. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
Construction Companies News Headlines and News Summaries