This Construction news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about construction news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Multi-billion pound firm supplied Grenfell Tower with flammable cladding to save money
giant Arconic supplied polyethylene panels to the west London tower block through a subsidiary company in France.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Seabird response to abrupt climate change 5,000 years ago transformed Falklands ecosystems
A 14,000-year paleoecological reconstruction of the sub-Antarctic islands has found that seabird establishment occurred during a period of regional cooling 5,000 years ago. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Nucor's (NUE) Earnings and Revenues Surpass Estimates in Q3
Nucor (NUE) benefited from strength in non-residential construction
markets in the third quarter.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Father, 30, drowned while boating with his son after taking 'large amount' of cocaine, inquest hears
foreman Jake Brown, 30, was reported missing after his child was spotted in the boat on his own following a day trip at Sunbury-on-Thames in Surrey on June 16 this year.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Dow's (DOW) Earnings and Revenues Trounce Estimates in Q3
Dow's (DOW) overall volumes rose sequentially in Q3 on improved demand across furniture & bedding, appliances, packaging, construction
and automotive end markets.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Cognitive elements of language have existed for 40 million years
Humans are not the only beings that can identify rules in complex language-like constructions -- monkeys and great apes can do so, too, a new study has shown. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- US Reportedly Lost $19 Billion To Fraud, Abuse in Afghanistan
The American oversight authority noted that the US Congress has appropriated nearly $134 billion for Afghan reconstruction programs since the ouster of the Taliban in late 2001
Voice of America. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- This chef got Covid, got laid off and then became a homebuilder
As housing demand soars, the acute labor shortage in the home construction
business is providing new opportunities to unemployed workers in other fields.
CNBC. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Real estate startup takes aim at new construction market
Welcome raised $5.35 million in seed funding and is founded by the team behind DigitalOcean, a unicorn cloud infrastructure provider.
Inman. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Displaced Yet Determined: Tornado-Damaged Schools Years Away From Construction Completion
Thomas Jefferson High School, Walnut Hill Elementary School and Cary Middle School all took direct hits from the 2019 outbreak of tornadoes that carved a path of destruction through parts of Dallas.
NBC. Tuesday, Oct 20 2020.
- Construction of second Trump golf course at Menie approved
The 18-hole MacLeod course is to be built to the south and west of the controversial original course at Menie.
BBC News. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Trump barred from moving $3.6 billion from military to fund border wall construction: Federal court
The new border wall projects in Texas would have covered more than 60 miles, according to the ACLU
Yahoo. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Balfour Beatty reconstructs board as chairman steps down
Balfour Beatty, one of the UK’s biggest construction
groups, is kicking off the search for a new chairman.
Sky News. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- Your Rage Is Justified
For a couple of days, the world stopped. Then my mom went back to work at the store, a day later my dad went back to work construction
Forbes. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- From Construction To Tech: How To Start A Tech Company Without A Tech Background
Even if you have don't have a technical background, you can start a tech company and raise money. Tom Sagi, who formerly was in the construction
business, is a great case study.
Forbes. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
Construction Companies News Headlines and News Summaries