This Concrete news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about concrete news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 3 Tips for Hitting Your Growth Goals This Year (60-Second Video)
Get specific with a timeline, concrete numbers and a clear list of exactly what you want to accomplish.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Former Texas prison sergeant set for trial in inmate's death
A former Texas prison sergeant is slated to stand trial, accused of throwing a handcuffed prisoner onto a concrete floor so viciously that the inmate died.
Fox News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Nuclear "coffin" may be leaking radioactive material into Pacific
Concrete dome was built to contain waste from atomic-bomb tests in the Marshall Islands
CBS News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Beijing defiant on trade war: 'No one should expect China to swallow bitter fruit'
The United States and China appeared at a deadlock over trade negotiations on Sunday as Washington demanded promises of concrete changes to Chinese law and Beijing said it would not swallow any "bitter fruit."
CNBC. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Day one of Houthi withdrawal from Yemen ports went according to plan, UN says
The development marks the first concrete step since a fragile UN ceasefire agreement was brokered between the war-ravaged nation's rival parties last December.
CNBC. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- Freddie Starr 'threatened to kill himself by eating CONCRETE' after sex probe left him 'broken'
Freddie Starr's carer Nelly Georgieva, 47, has said his body is being left in limbo after she was left unable to bury him in Spain and he may be buried in a pauper's grave
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- Why Heated Concrete Can Explode Like Popcorn
The common building material doesn't burn, but it can explode like microwaved popcorn. Using state-of-the-art thermal imaging, scientists now understand why.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Arizona declares PORN a public health risk
The move, voted 16-13 in the state Senate on Monday, is nothing more than a gesture, with no concrete ramifications. But Rep. Sen. Sylvia Allen insists it is a powerful against 'an epidemic'.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- Records: Cracks in Miami bridge grew 'daily' before collapse
Just hours before a pedestrian bridge collapsed and killed six people at a Miami university, engineers confirmed that cracks in the concrete structure "increased in length daily."
ABC News. Monday, 6 May 2019.
- Venezuela's Guaido calls for uprising but military loyal to Maduro for now
Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaido on Tuesday made his strongest call yet to the military to help him oust President Nicolas Maduro but there were no concrete signs of defection from the armed forces leadership.
Reuters. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- Facebook overhauls design as it pivots to private messaging
Facebook Inc debuted an overhaul of its core social network on Tuesday, taking its first concrete steps to refashion itself into a private messaging and e-commerce company as it tries to move past scandals while tapping new revenue sources.
Reuters. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- Facebook Overhauls Messaging as It Pivots to Privacy
Facebook Inc on Tuesday debuted an overhaul of its core social network and new business-focused tools, the first concrete steps in its plan to refashion itself into a private messaging and e-commerce company. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- White House to meet with Democrats on infrastructure without a concrete plan
The White House has invited top Democrats to the White House to hear "what the Democrats want to say, and we will try to react to that"
CBS News. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- New 3D printer can build home in days, says B.C. scientist
A B.C. scientist has invented a 3D concrete printer that he claims can build a four-bedroom home in a matter of days at a fraction of the costs of normal construction.
CBC News. Friday, 26 Apr 2019.
- Los Angeles Rams Continue To Give Slight Hints For 2020 Uniform Change
The Los Angeles Rams will have new uniforms for the 2020 season. There's no concrete idea of what the Rams have in store as of yet. We got a slight idea of what to expect once 2020 rolls around.
Forbes. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
Spreading wet concrete with a trowel
Related Directory Page(s)
Concrete Products News Headlines and News Summaries