This Concrete news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about concrete news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- National Guard Soldiers Seen Resting in Parking Garage Causes Outcry
Photographs of Guard soldiers resting on the concrete
floor of a parking garage prompted swift condemnation and apologies from members of Congress.
New York Times. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Russia Welcomes U.S. Call To Extend New START Nuclear Treaty But Wants Details
Russia has welcomed U.S. President Joe Biden's proposal to extend the New START arms control treaty, but said it needs to see concrete
proposals from the American side.
Radio Liberty. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Bio-inspired: How lobsters can help make stronger 3D printed concrete
New research addresses some of the technical issues that still need to be solved for 3D printed concrete
to be strong enough for use in more free-form structures. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- New U.S. Tank Round Can Destroy Almost Anything
The U. S. Army is acquiring a new multipurpose tank round which can flatten bunkers, pulverize obstacles, breach concrete
walls, or take our groups of personnel or armored vehicles, thanks to an innovative fusing system.
Forbes. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Former Shanghai city airport runway transformed into beautiful park
The project is the brainchild of U.S-headquartered international architecture firm Sasaki, which has transformed the concrete
runway of Shanghai's Longhua Airport.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Flashing plastic ash completes recycling
A new flash graphene process, adapted to convert worthless pyrolyzed plastic ash, could be used to strengthen concrete
and toughen plastics used in medicine, energy and packaging applications.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Should Value Investors Now Choose U S Concrete (USCR) Stock?
Let's see if U S Concrete
(USCR) stock is a good choice for value-oriented investors right now from multiple angles.
Zacks. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Santa Monica's Sunset Park neighborhood sees highest sale ever at $5.387 million
A jagged concrete
home in Santa Monica's Sunset Park neighborhood just sold for $5.387 million, a price record for the community.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Concrete Pumping (BBCP) Reports Q4 Loss, Lags Revenue Estimates
Pumping (BBCP) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -200.00% and -0.82%, respectively, for the quarter ended October 2020. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Caught on camera: Fiery explosion after gas truck slams into propane tank
A huge gas explosion was caught on camera after a gas truck slid across ice and hit a propane tank at a concrete
batch plant in Bozeman, Mont.
ABC News. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Events giant Informa predicts business will pick up this summer
Informa, which is behind the Monaco Yacht Show, China Beauty Expo and the World of Concrete
convention in Las Vegas, was hammered in 2020 after large gatherings stopped.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- By Helping Elect Raphael Warnock, WNBA Players Set New Blueprint For Athlete Activism
WNBA players banded together in an unprecedented effort to elect Warnock to the U.S. Senate. It shows what athletes can accomplish when they use their platforms to promote concrete
Forbes. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Power plant stacks that loom over Arizona set to come down
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) - Three towering concrete
stacks are the most visual reminder of a coal-fired power plant that operated for decades in far northern Arizona. On Friday, they are scheduled to come down. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- Rep. Brad Wenstrup, DPM: COVID vaccine -- Operation Warp Speed is unprecedented, shows America at its best
This year has been deeply challenging for our nation. Yet, we have a concrete
reason for hope on the horizon.
Fox News. Tuesday, 8 Dec 2020.
- Home of the Week: A jagged, striking structure in Santa Monica
In Santa Monica, a newly built home offers polished concrete, floating staircases, skylights and heated floors. Asking price: $5.487 million.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 5 Dec 2020.
Concrete Products News Headlines and News Summaries