This Computer news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about computers from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Has PagerDuty (PD) Outpaced Other Computer and Technology Stocks This Year?
Is (PD) Outperforming Other Computer
and Technology Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- MacBook Pro with Apple's new processor expected later this year, top Apple analyst says
Macs with Apple processors will allow the company to more closely control the Mac release schedule and deliver improvements, but it may face challenges to ensure apps run on its computers.
CNBC. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Apple (AAPL) to Support Thunderbolt on Future ARM-Based Macs
Apple (AAPL) set to support Intel's Thunderbolt USB-C connectivity standard on new Apple silicon computers, despite the lack of Intel processors.
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Why Hollywood needs computer games tech more than ever
The same technology that runs computer
games is increasingly popular for making films and television.
BBC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Boy, 15, has stroke after 22 hours a day playing computer games
The 15-year-old from Guangxi, nicknamed Xiaobin, indulged in video games for about 22 hours a day while staying at home during the coronavirus lockdown, his mother said.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- World's fastest supercomputer generates recommendations to limit the spread of COVID-19
Japanese researchers have turned to the world's fastest supercomputer to help test the effectiveness of different COVID-19 mitigation tactics, and recommend personal barriers and ventilation.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Compass Lens to help agents envision, value major renovations
The tech-leaning brokerage announced Wednesday the launch of a computer
vision-based tool that searches and categorizes room renovations to help agents price homes.
Inman. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Scientists create new device to light up the way for quantum technologies
Researchers have created an innovative new device that will emit single particles of light, or photons, from quantum dots that are the key to practical quantum computers, quantum communications, and other quantum devices.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- These leaked Pixel 5 renders supposedly reveal Google's next flagship
The Google Pixel 5 has appeared online in the form of leaked renders revealing an early prototype of the phone.David Kowalski (@xleaks7) shared the computer-generated
Pocket Lint. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Atomic 'Swiss army knife' precisely measures materials for quantum computers
Scientists have developed a novel instrument that can make three kinds of atom-scale measurements simultaneously.
Science Daily. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- How the Russians penetrated Illinois election computers
The twelve Russians charged with hacking into Illinois' election database may have worked as intelligence agents, but the I-Team has learned it didn't take above-average computer
intelligence to pull off the heist.
ABC News. Saturday, 4 Jul 2020.
- How a Covid-19 Contact Tracer Spends Her Sundays
Kimberly Jocelyn is at her computer
on the weekends, but she forces herself to take breaks for fresh air and video calls with friends.
New York Times. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Best iPad Pro 11 and 12.9 cases 2020: Protect your premium Apple tablet
Apple's iPad Pro range is chockablock full of super tablets that boast so much functionality that they're pretty capable as your main computer
Pocket Lint. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- AMD donating computers to help fight Covid-19
Chipmaker AMD has given "computing horsepower" to researchers aiming to tackle coronavirus.
BBC News. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Universities and Tech Giants Back National Cloud Computing Project
A proposal to give scientists access to huge data sets and powerful computers.
New York Times. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
Computers & Equipment News Headlines and News Summaries