This Color and Pigment news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about color and pigment news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How John Needham expressed his emotions through art and music
While waiting for his trial and punishment for the killing of Jacque Villagomez, John Needham struggled to express his grief -- "There's no color right now."
CBS News. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- The Story Behind the Color Choices of Luxury Hotel Logos
What is the color of luxury? If you assess the answer by looking at the logos of luxury fashion houses, the answer is literally black and white. ...
Hsyndicate. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- For the First Time, Researchers Find Color Red Preserved in Fossil
The fossilized rodent, dubbed 'mighty mouse', is the first to show chemical traces of a red pigment in soft tissue
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- 3-million-year-old "Mighty Mouse" had red fur, scientists say
The same team was able to uncover black pigment in fossils during a previous study 10 years ago
CBS News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- People with benign skin condition willing to trade time, money to cure disorder
People with benign hyperpigmentation (the darkening or increase in the natural color of the skin), are willing to pay (WTP) nearly 14 percent of their monthly income and approximately 90 minutes a day to cure their condition.
Science Daily. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- How a member of a family of light-sensitive proteins adjusts skin color
Researchers have found that opsin 3 -- a protein closely related to rhodopsin, the protein that enables low-light vision -- has a role in adjusting the amount of pigment produced in human skin, a determinant of skin color.
Science Daily. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Tronox's (TROX) Earnings & Revenues Lag Estimates in Q1
Lower pigment sales volumes hurt Tronox's (TROX) revenues in Q1. The company expects a significant sequential increase in adjusted EBITDA in Q2.
Zacks. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Clothing May Soon Be Able to Change Color in the Presence of Harmful Gases
Tufts University engineers have developed dyed threads that change hues when exposed to carbon monoxide and other hazards
Smithsonian. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- 'Beaumont Necklace' Fetches $3.5 Million, 36-Carat Diamond Achieves $5 Million At Sotheby's
Signed jewels and pieces with provenance made up more than half of the sales at the Geneva auction. A ring set with a 36.57 carat D-color diamond was the top lot, selling for $5 million.
Forbes. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- The Reason Some Cats Look Like They're Wearing Socks
The feline fashion statement depends on whether a certain gene that gives their fur its pigment is mutated.
Mental Floss. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Newly discovered color images offer a rare glimpse of 1950s America during its boom years
The U.S. photos are part of a new website called the Lost Colour Library, which was recently launched by Wolfgang Wild, who has been working with archival images for years.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- 'Property Brothers' reveal worst colors to paint your walls
Bad news, primary color fans.
Fox News. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- How These Fishes Can See Color In The Light-less Depths Of The Ocean
Deep-sea fish have genes that allow them to see many colors in the murky depths of the ocean.
Forbes. Saturday, 11 May 2019.
- Some Fish Can See in Color at 5,000 Feet Below Sea Level
In the dark, watery depths, these swimmers see in a way scientists previously thought was impossible.
Yahoo. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- With Some Players Bowing Out, Trump Hosts Red Sox At The White House
The 2018 World Series Champion Red Sox were honored at a White House ceremony on Thursday. Most players of color stayed away, leading one sportswriter to comment, "its the white Sox who'll be going."
NPR. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
Various colors of pigment powder
Related Directory Page(s)
Colors and Pigments News Headlines and News Summaries