This Color and Pigment news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about color and pigment news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- From seats that change color when clean to staggered rows, here's what airplane cabins could look like post-pandemic
London-based design firm PriestmanGoode re-imagined what airplane cabins could look like in a post-pandemic world. Here's what the economy cabin could look like, and the features they dreamed up.
CNBC. Saturday, 8 Aug 2020.
- Improving diversity in medicine could help close racial care gap
Only about 5% of doctors are African American. A neurosurgeon in training shows Adriana Diaz how difficult it can be for doctors of color
to overcome barriers and how diversity can help improve care.
CBS News. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- In Poland, the Rainbow Flag Is Wrapped Up in a Broader Culture War
Three activists were arrested and charged after hanging banners on Warsaw monuments, while opposition lawmakers wore multicolor clothing and masks in a protest in Parliament.
New York Times. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- 5 Questions With Parker Sullivan, Founder And Co-Owner Curidor
Over the span of a year, the flowers in the Curidor retained their full terpene profile, color
Forbes. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Women Of Color Are Running For Congress At An All-Time High
There are record numbers of women of color
up and down Congressional ballots for the November 2020 elections.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- This fruit attracts birds with an unusual way of making itself metallic blue
Instead of relying solely on pigments, the metallic blue fruits of Viburnum tinus use structural color
to reflect blue light, a mechanism rarely seen in plants. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- 'Healthy' blue food colouring could soon be brightening up our dinner plates
Most foods lack the pigment
needed to produce blue naturally, but researchers from the University of Cambridge found a shrub that evolved a way to generate blue fruit.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Black man afraid to walk in his neighborhood starts movement
After the death of George Floyd, Nashville resident Shawn Dromgoole posted to social media saying he was afraid to walk alone in his gentrified community because of the color
of his skin. ...
CBS News. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- First genetically modified squids born transparent after scientists 'knock out' pigmentation gene
For the first time in history, scientists have genetically-altered squid embryos by removing a pigmentation gene, resulting in transparent creatures that could answer a host of biological questions.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 30 Jul 2020.
- 'Watchmen' leads 2020 Emmy nominees with 26 nominations: See full list
Regina King was part of a vanguard of actors of color
who showed that TV academy voters took heed of the calls for change.
ABC News. Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020.
- Even in Wealthy Areas of the U.S., People of Color Are More Likely to Get and Die from Coronavirus, Study Says
People of color
have suffered most from COVID-19, and a new study says that's true regardless of income level.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020.
- NHL's Seattle Kraken to break the ice in 2021-22
Seattle's NHL team has finally announced its name -- the Kraken -- as well as a color
scheme: icy blue and navy blue with sharp red accents.
ESPN. Thursday, 23 Jul 2020.
- DC NFL franchise to go by 'Washington Football Team' amid search for new name: ESPN
The team will retain its burgundy and gold color
scheme and call itself the Washington Football Team until a permanent name is chosen.
ABC News. Thursday, 23 Jul 2020.
- Elusive, Ultra-Black Fish Are Cloaked to Survive in the Deep Ocean
cells in deep-sea fish may provide clues to cancer treatment and stealthy new materials
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 21 Jul 2020.
- How nonprofit Color of Change applies pressure to fight racial inequality
of Change, a Black Lives Matter partner, has been waging their own war on racial inequality for over a decade, working as a change maker within the spheres of culture and media representation of Black people and experiences.
CNBC. Sunday, 19 Jul 2020.
Colors and Pigments News Headlines and News Summaries