This Color and Pigment news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about color and pigment news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Women of Color are the New Unicorn in Silicon Valley
As billion dollar valuations become increasingly common, and the venture markets bounce back after a global pandemic, women of color
are the real unicorns in Silicon Valley.
Forbes. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Dallas Stars unveil electrifying new 'Blackout' jerseys
With a color
scheme inspired by the Dallas skyline, the team's alternate uniform set for 2020-21 certainly stands out.
ESPN. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- It's not too late. Last call for fall color in these California locations
It's not too late for procrastinators to spot flashy colors shimmering on the leaves of oak, maple, cottonwood, sycamore and alder trees at lower elevations.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Research provides a new understanding of how a model insect species sees color
Through an effort to characterize the color
receptors in the eyes of the fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster, researchers discovered the spectrum of light it can see deviates significantly from what was previously recorded.
Science Daily. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Surging coronavirus cases color White House race in closing days
President Trump assured supporters at weekend rallies that "we're rounding the turn" on the coronavirus at the same time cases are spiking.
ABC News. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Meet The Design Entrepreneur Who Uses Science And The Sense Of Color For Good
Guido-Clark often has to go deep with her mostly corporate clients to understand what their needs are and how color
can be best used to suit that purpose.
Forbes. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- FDA's non-coronavirus-related Halloween tips include warnings about face paint, color contacts
The FDA posted a list of do's and don'ts to help keep your Halloween safe.
Fox News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- 1 in 6 women of color face food insecurity amid pandemic
Since March, more than 57% of Hispanic women and 53% Black women say they've lost income, compared to about 41% among White men and women.
CBS News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Democrats of color rally around Kamala Harris amid discrimination, political attacks
Kamala Harris' path on the campaign trail has been filled with discrimination, as she is the first Black and Indian Democratic vice presidential nominee, and a woman.
ABC News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- CDC study: Coronavirus thrives where poverty reigns
Low-income communities, particularly those in which people of color
live, have a higher risk than their wealthier, whiter counterparts of becoming coronavirus hot spots, according to a new study by the CDC.
Yahoo. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Puppy is born with GREEN fur on a Sardinian farm due to extremely rare pigment in its mother's womb
Cristian Mallocci could not believe his eyes when his dog gave birth to the green-tinted puppy, which he has since named Pistachio, at his farm on the Italian island of Sardinia earlier this month.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Jim Gaffigan on the dark side of blondes
The blonde comedian is miffed that pop culture villains often have the same hair color
that he has.
CBS News. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- Joe Biden: Mistake to support crime bill
Joseph R. Biden said Thursday that it was a mistake to support a crime bill he helped craft that many have blamed for the over-incarceration of people of color
in subsequent decades. His campaign then said Mr. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Senator John Kennedy says professor who called Amy Coney Barrett a white colonizer is a butthead
Senator John Kennedy made the comments on Tuesday as he asked Amy Coney Barrett to respond to Ibram X. Kendi's suggestion that she is racist and using her children of color
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- The Wing Founder Audrey Gelman Says She Made Big Mistakes
The former women's coworking space CEO is speaking out to take responsibility for how the company mistreated employees of color
and sustained classist structures.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
Colors and Pigments News Headlines and News Summaries