This Color and Pigment news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about color and pigment news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Americans see Kamala Harris' history-making moment as a good thing
Majorities of Democrats, ranging from very liberal to moderate, feel having Harris as the first woman and person of color
as vice president is a positive development.
CBS News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- For the First Time in 200 Years, a New Blue Pigment Is Up for Sale
Researchers discovered YInMn Blue in 2009. Now, you can purchase a tiny tube of the bright blue paint for $179.40
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- The history of Charles Curtis, the first Vice President of color
When she's Inaugurated on Wednesday, Kamala Harris will make history, as the first woman to become vice president. But she won't be the first person of color
to hold that office. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Martin Luther King Jr. seen up close in rare color photos during Chicago visit
"I made every shot count."
ABC News. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- In Living Color: Georgia Before The Soviets Arrived
The people and spectacular cityscapes of tsarist Georgia captured in vivid color
by a world famous photographer.
Radio Liberty. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Photographer captures beauty of albino skin in people across the globe
Italian photographer Silvia Alessi, 44, has travelled the world taking pictures of people with albinism, where pigment
is completely or partially missing from their skin.
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Health: Retinal cells transplanted from corpses could cure blindness for millions of people
Experts led from China have now successfully transplanted retina stem cells from a human cadaver into the eyes of monkeys - where they survived and grew into retinal pigment
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Muralist helps bring colorful art to local neighborhoods
Artist Phobik has teamed up with Smile South Central, a nonprofit organization, to bring some color
to local neighborhoods. Phobik has donated his time and paint to create murals.
ABC News. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Rampage Weighs on Congressional Staff Members and Capitol Workers
The violence caused by a pro-Trump mob on Wednesday has shaken many who work at the Capitol. And some people of color
say the law enforcement response reopened old wounds.
New York Times. Saturday, 9 Jan 2021.
- Scientists paint multicolor atlas of the brain
Scientists have engineered a coloring technique, known as NeuroPAL (a Neuronal Polychromatic Atlas of Landmarks), which makes it possible to identify every single neuron in the brain of a worm.
Science Daily. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Exclusive: Black Female-Founded Partake Foods Raises $4.8 Million In Funding From Investors Including Rihanna
Partake Foods founder and CEO Denise Woodard is the first woman of color
to raise $1 million for a food startup.
Forbes. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- Forbes Announces The Forbes Fellowship For Business Journalism For Emerging BIPOC Journalists
Forbes today announced the Forbes Fellowship for Business Journalism, created to prepare and support young Black journalists and journalists of color
from historically Black colleges and universities.
Forbes. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Viewing upper gastrointestinal cancers in a new light
Researchers report the use of Linked Color
Imaging, an innovative modality that specifically combines selected wavelengths of light for illumination in upper gastrointestinal endoscopy. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- A Third of the United States' Rivers Have Changed Color Since 1984, Satellite Images Reveal
The transformation from blue to shades of yellow and green raises concerns that waterways have been increasingly imperiled since 1984
Smithsonian. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- How race factors into decisions about who should get priority for COVID-19 vaccines
Health experts hope to nudge people of color
to the front of the COVID-19 vaccine line without explicitly saying race, ethnicity influence priority.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 30 Dec 2020.
Colors and Pigments News Headlines and News Summaries