This Clothing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about clothing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Report finds sexual violence at Levi's, Wrangler factories
The Worker Rights Consortium details sexual harassment and abuse at textile factories in Africa making popular brand-name clothing
CBS News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Wireless sensors that stick to the skin to track our health
Engineers have developed experimental stickers that pick up physiological signals emanating from the skin, then wirelessly beam these health readings to a receiver clipped onto clothing
. It's all part of a system called BodyNet.
Science Daily. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Ted Baker dumps Debenhams for Next on children's clothing
The brand will start selling its line of children's clothes through Next stores next year.
BBC News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- J.C. Penney's rebound strategy: Sell used clothing
Old-school retailer announces in-store partnership with popular online consignment website ThredUp. Will it work?
CBS News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Cambodia footwear sector could outpace clothing
Cambodia's footwear sector has the potential to offer more investment and production opportunities than the garment sector, according to a new report from the International Labour Organization (ILO).
Just Style. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Athleisure to outpace clothing market over next 5 years
The global athleisure market is forecast to rise by 9% in 2019 and will continue to outperform the total clothing
and footwear market beyond 2023, driven by consumer desire for a multifunctional wardrobe.
Just Style. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- A miniature stretchable pump for the next generation of soft robots
Scientists have developed a tiny pump that could play a big role in the development of autonomous soft robots, lightweight exoskeletons and smart clothing
Science Daily. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Macy's is getting into the clothing subscription and resale businesses
Macy's said it started a pilot this month with resale marketplace ThredUp at 40 Macy's stores across the country.
CNBC. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- ASTM publishes new voluntary tip-over standard
Safety standard specialist ASTM has published a revised voluntary tip-over standard that now covers dressers and other clothing
storage units 27 inches and higher, and intended to cover children through age five. ...
Furniture Today. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Retail stocks surge after tariffs for clothing, footwear delayed
Shares of retailers jumped Tuesday after the U.S. Trade Representative said it is delaying planned tariffs on clothing, footwear and other items.
CNBC. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Tractor Supply Rolls Out Exclusive Ridgecut Clothing Line
Tractor Supply (TSCO) launches Ridgecut Toughwear for helping customers to endure tough weather conditions at work.
Zacks. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Ex-Pro's Performance Clothing Start-Up Puts Cycling Comfort Feet First
Former professional cyclist Tom Barras created performance clothing
brand Spatzwear to introduce his "revolutionary" products to pro riders and serious amateurs.
Forbes. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- What is Robomaster? DJI's robot battle competition explained
There's an unwritten rule that everything comes full circle. It's cool to like 70s vinyl again. Luminescent 80s clothing
is back in a big way. Remember
Pocket Lint. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- New York Artist Dresses Up Buildings
Amanda Browder works with fabrics of all kinds. But, instead of creating clothing
for people, she "dresses up" buildings with her unique style of installation art. Maxim Moskalkov has the story.
Voice of America. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
- The reason you should never dry your clothing indoors during winter revealed
Australian experts have revealed the sorts of health problems that can be caused by drying clothes indoors during winter.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
Clothing Stores News Headlines and News Summaries