This Clothing news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about clothing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Liposuction rise linked to gym wear trend
More women are seeking surgery, possibly to get a body that looks good in trendy gym clothing, says surgeon.
BBC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Brunello Cucinelli: Fashion and philosophy
The designer's company, which makes some of the most exclusive clothing in the world, has raised the fortunes of the Italian town of Solomeo by upholding "the moral and economic dignity of the human being"
CBS News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Scientists Build Microbial Map to Trace Where an Object Has Been
Scientists say they have new ways of tracking where clothing, medicines and other items are made, making it harder for unscrupulous businesses to sell items that don't work or violate laws. ...
Voice of America. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Researchers create washable sensor that can be woven into materials
Researchers have developed a low-cost sensor that can be interlaced into textiles and composite materials. While the research is still new, the sensor may pave the way for smart clothing that can monitor human movement.
Science Daily. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Factbox: U.S. executives warn consumers will pay for Trump's tariffs
Some executives from U.S. companies that sell clothing, food and other products warn that costs related to the latest round of tariffs on goods from China will be passed along to consumers in the form of higher prices.
Reuters. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Clothing May Soon Be Able to Change Color in the Presence of Harmful Gases
Tufts University engineers have developed dyed threads that change hues when exposed to carbon monoxide and other hazards
Smithsonian. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Officials working Robert Kraft sex spa sting watched and recorded semi-nude women strip down
Multiple women who visited the Orchids of Asia Day Spa back in January were being watched by members of law enforcement while they took off their clothing and received legal massages.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Macy's CEO says tariff escalation could hurt business
Macy's Inc said on Wednesday the latest tariffs on Chinese imports by Washington are hitting its furniture business and warned investors that additional levies would leave its clothing and accessory categories vulnerable as well.
Reuters. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- US retail sales slip 0.2% in April as spending on cars, appliances and clothing falls
US retail sales slip 0.2% in April as spending on cars, appliances and clothing falls
ABC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Macy's CEO: Tariff Escalation Could Hurt Business, Customers
Macy's Inc. said on Wednesday the latest tariffs on Chinese imports by Washington are hitting its furniture business and warned investors that additional levies would leave its clothing and accessory categories vulnerable as well.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- As Leaks Show Lavish NRA Spending, Former Staff Detail Poor Conditions At Nonprofit
New documents leaked about NRA top executive Wayne LaPierre's lavish clothing and travel expenses contrast with the culture of fear, poor pay and an underfunded pension described by former staffers.
NPR. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Abercrombie & Fitch axes COO role to become more agile
US clothing company Abercrombie & Fitch is axing the role of chief operating officer in an effort to streamline the business and support its bid for organisational agility.
Just Style. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- World's First Digital Only Blockchain Clothing Sells For $9,500
Digital clothing is not readily accessible to the masses yet, but it took a leap closer this weekend. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Law change to end fake cooperatives in South Africa textile sector
A change to the law governing cooperatives in South Africa is expected to benefit the textile and clothing sector, where unions say loopholes have enabled employers to avoid paying decent wages and benefits.
Just Style. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Bed bugs found in King's College Hospital postnatal ward
King's College Hospital says staff are wearing protective clothing while deep cleaning is carried out.
BBC News. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
Clothing displayed in a department store
Related Directory Page(s)
Clothing Stores News Headlines and News Summaries