This Clothing news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about clothing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Inditex to promote Carlos Crespo to CEO
Spanish clothing giant Inditex, the world's largest clothing retailer, is to promote its chief operating officer Carlos Crespo to the role of chief executive, helping to move the company towards its digital and sustainability goals.
Just Style. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- UK retail sales stall in April
The ONS said sales were flat in April, as clothing sales offset declines in other sectors.
BBC News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Trump's latest China tariffs to cost typical U.S. family $831 a year
Tally does not include president's threat to tax another $300 billion in Chinese consumer goods like clothing and shoes
CBS News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Urban Outfitters launches clothing rental service
Urban Outfitters jumps into the clothing rental market to please young consumers who want variety and sustainability
CBS News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Urban Outfitters to rent out clothing
The retailer is launching a monthly subscription service for fashionistas who are happy to share.
BBC News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Dressbarn, Women's Clothing Chain, To Close All Stores
The company's CFO, Steven Taylor, called it a difficult decision but said the "chain has not been operating at an acceptable level of profitability in today's retail environment."
NPR. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Scientists Build Microbial Map to Trace Where an Object Has Been
Scientists say they have new ways of tracking where clothing, medicines and other items are made, making it harder for unscrupulous businesses to sell items that don't work or violate laws. ...
Voice of America. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Researchers create washable sensor that can be woven into materials
Researchers have developed a low-cost sensor that can be interlaced into textiles and composite materials. While the research is still new, the sensor may pave the way for smart clothing that can monitor human movement.
Science Daily. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Factbox: U.S. executives warn consumers will pay for Trump's tariffs
Some executives from U.S. companies that sell clothing, food and other products warn that costs related to the latest round of tariffs on goods from China will be passed along to consumers in the form of higher prices.
Reuters. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Clothing May Soon Be Able to Change Color in the Presence of Harmful Gases
Tufts University engineers have developed dyed threads that change hues when exposed to carbon monoxide and other hazards
Smithsonian. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Officials working Robert Kraft sex spa sting watched and recorded semi-nude women strip down
Multiple women who visited the Orchids of Asia Day Spa back in January were being watched by members of law enforcement while they took off their clothing and received legal massages.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Macy's CEO says tariff escalation could hurt business
Macy's Inc said on Wednesday the latest tariffs on Chinese imports by Washington are hitting its furniture business and warned investors that additional levies would leave its clothing and accessory categories vulnerable as well.
Reuters. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- US retail sales slip 0.2% in April as spending on cars, appliances and clothing falls
US retail sales slip 0.2% in April as spending on cars, appliances and clothing falls
ABC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Macy's CEO: Tariff Escalation Could Hurt Business, Customers
Macy's Inc. said on Wednesday the latest tariffs on Chinese imports by Washington are hitting its furniture business and warned investors that additional levies would leave its clothing and accessory categories vulnerable as well.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- As Leaks Show Lavish NRA Spending, Former Staff Detail Poor Conditions At Nonprofit
New documents leaked about NRA top executive Wayne LaPierre's lavish clothing and travel expenses contrast with the culture of fear, poor pay and an underfunded pension described by former staffers.
NPR. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
Clothing displayed in a department store
Related Directory Page(s)
Clothing Stores News Headlines and News Summaries