This Clothing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about clothing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Pressure grows on brands to support garment suppliers
Fashion Revolution, a global movement calling for greater transparency in the fashion industry, is urging consumers to demand clothing
brands do more to protect workers in their supply chains amid the coronavirus crisis.
Just Style. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Coronavirus: Clothing warehouse 'putting lives at risk'
Clipper Logistics is accused of not doing enough to allow staff to follow social distancing advice.
BBC News. Monday, 30 Mar 2020.
- Used Clothing Resale Is A Rising Opportunity For Retailers Large And Small
Even as many retailers experience disruption because of the coronavirus outbreak, with consumers shifting spending to essential goods and away from apparel, the general upward trend in resale is expected to continue post-virus.
Forbes. Monday, 30 Mar 2020.
- Brooks Brothers to convert clothing factories into mask, gown factories during coronavirus pandemic
The oldest American clothing
brand is halting the production of ties, shirts and suits at some of its clothing
factories in order to make masks and gowns.
ABC News. Monday, 30 Mar 2020.
- Bangladesh factories told to operate despite lockdown
Bangladesh has ordered thousands of clothing
factories to continue production throughout a 10-day countrywide lockdown in force since Thursday (26 March) aimed at slowing the spread of new coronavirus that causes Covid-19.
Just Style. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- This clothing line for people with disability makes getting dressed a snap
People with disabilities are often relegated to the sideline when it comes to fashion. Smart Adaptive Clothing
is here to change that with easy-access shirts and blouses.
ABC News. Thursday, 26 Mar 2020.
- Classic Apple trainers just sold for nearly $10,000
In both the 1980s and 90s Apple was experimenting with fashion and clothing
designs for its fans. The company was making all sorts of clothes from branded
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 26 Mar 2020.
- How a Chance Conversation in a Coffee Shop Launched the Multimillion-Dollar Vegan Clothing Company Om & Ah
Started in 2016 as a $500 side hustle by two English women, the ethically sourced company is expected to hit $10 million in sales by inspiring people with kindness.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020.
- UK pharmacists not being given protective masks gloves clothing amid coronavirus outbreak
EXCLUSIVE: London pharmacist Nikita Oliver, 28, told MailOnline her boss banned her from wearing a facemask because they would 'frighten patients'.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 24 Mar 2020.
- Body had 'exact clothing' as missing Tennessee toddler, report says
An investigator revealed new details about the discovery of a child's body on property belonging to relatives of a Tennessee woman whose daughter was reported missing last month.
Fox News. Tuesday, 10 Mar 2020.
- New material could turn clothing into a health monitor
Researchers have reported a new material, pliable enough to be woven into fabric but imbued with sensing capabilities that can serve as an early warning system for injury or illness.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 4 Mar 2020.
- Moment a large 'Mennonite family' are almost killed while posing for pictures on tracks
The shocking clip shows a family with young children dressed in Mennonite clothing
trespassing on the tracks near an old station in Greencastle, Pennsylvania.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020.
- Upcycled Vintage Clothing And Accessories A Strong Trend At London Fashion Week February 2020
Some fashion designers are taking sustainability one step further by using existing materials or garments and repurposing them to create new clothing
and accessory designs. ...
Forbes. Saturday, 29 Feb 2020.
- US may use Defense Production Act to boost supplies of coronavirus protective gear
The Trump administration is considering using special executive powers to ramp up U.S. production of protective face masks and clothing
to combat the domestic spread of coronavirus.
Fox News. Saturday, 29 Feb 2020.
- Google teases Adidas, Electronic Arts smart clothing product for March 10 - CNET
The product is part of the search giant's Project Jacquard line for developing smart fabrics.
CNET. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
Clothing Stores News Headlines and News Summaries