This Closet news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about closets from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Man who hid in girl's closet and abused her while her parents were downstairs jailed for 15 years
Rossmoine, 36, was sentenced to 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to having sexual relations with a minor in Florida on Wednesday, after cops found him living in a teen girl's wardrobe last year.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Private Label Brands Surge As Consumers Purge Closets
Driven by supply chain disruptions, financially battered consumers, and creeping inflation, the future of private labeling seems to have arrived just about everywhere, and in some unlikely categories.
Forbes. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- Online thrift store Poshmark CEO sees fashion shift as consumers 'purge' closets
Sales of work and nightlife clothes are rising as fitness apparel like sweats declines as consumers emerge from lockdowns, Poshmark CEO Manish Chandra said.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- Artwork Attributed to Picasso Discovered in Maine Closet After 50 Years
The long-forgotten piece was likely a preparatory sketch for a huge stage curtain for the 1919 Russian ballet "Le Tricorne"
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021.
- Picasso painting sells for $150K after sitting in Maine closet for 5 decades
A painting by Pablo Picasso has sold for $150,000 after it sat in a closet
in Maine for 50 years, according to local reports.
Fox News. Sunday, 4 Jul 2021.
- The LGBT people forced 'back in the closet' when they enter residential care
Rita spent her final years in sheltered accommodation where she felt forced to keep her sexuality secret.
BBC News. Saturday, 26 Jun 2021.
- Former Family International member recalls vile abuse and bizarre practices of cult
Sharen Seitz, now 33, recalled being beaten and spending hours locked in a closet
where she was forced to memorize Bible passages as punishment , while growing up in The Family International cult.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 18 May 2021.
- Packing for Summer Vacation Has Never Been Easier With This Closet Baggage Organizer
You've earned this vacation. Take even more stress out of it.
Entrepreneur. Saturday, 17 Apr 2021.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones turns her closet into a runway as she struts to Madonna's 'Vogue'
On Sunday, the 51-year-old "Prodigal Son" actress took to Instagram to share a video of herself modeling a few outfits.
Fox News. Tuesday, 13 Apr 2021.
- Designer duds, with a 30-year guarantee?
A young fashion designer in London wants to fill your closet
with clothes that last - and he's backing them up with a unique guarantee. CBS' Jonathan Vigliotti reports from London.
CBS News. Friday, 9 Apr 2021.
- CC Sabathia's closet is a sneakerhead's dream
Tomorrow on 60 Minutes Sports, see the "sneaker humidors" that house Sabathia's six-figure collection of Air Jordans. (Wed., June 3 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME)
CBS News. Sunday, 4 Apr 2021.
- Gentleman's Closet loses inventory after Woodlawn roof collapse
A Chicago charity that provides suits for the unemployed is in desperate need of help after a roof collapse destroyed most of its inventory.
ABC News. Friday, 26 Feb 2021.
- Crocs became a pandemic staple, but CEO Andrew Rees optimistic its new fans will stick around
Some have called Crocs the "it" shoe of the pandemic, as the clog became a closet
staple for consumers seeking comfort.
CNBC. Tuesday, 23 Feb 2021.
- 20 of the Most Valuable Video Games That Could Be Hiding in Your Closet
If you held onto the video games that got you through childhood, you may be sitting on some valuable collector's items.
Mental Floss. Friday, 12 Feb 2021.
- New Online Fashion Brand Aims To Get Eco-Friendly Clothes From Factory-To-Closet At Affordable Prices
Can eco-friendly clothes be made at an affordable price? This is the ultimate question in the industry, and one of the biggest frustration points for people who want to participate but cannot afford steep price tags.
Forbes. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
Closet Storage News Headlines and News Summaries