This Clock news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about clocks from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The speed-painter and the Steelers: How a locker room embraced an artist
The coronavirus wiped out most of Cody Sabol's business, but thanks to the Steelers, he has been working around the clock
to deliver artwork to players. "Those guys are the reason why I still have a house."
ESPN. Saturday, 8 Aug 2020.
- Pinpointing the cells that keep the body's master circadian clock ticking
Scientists have developed a genetically engineered mouse and imaging system that lets them visualize fluctuations in the circadian clocks
of cell types in mice. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- 5 alternative school options parents are weighing as more districts opt for remote learning
CHICAGO - Laura Reber, founder and CEO of Chicago Home Tutors, has been fielding calls from nervous parents around the clock
in recent weeks, as uncertainty over fall schooling sent many searching for alternative options. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- Downfall of the REAL Don Juan
His passion for exclusive sports, from hunting and shooting to skiing and yacht-racing, has been matched only by the vigour with which he has pursued women, clocking up roughly 5,000 partners.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- Small-business owners have until Aug. 8 to apply for paycheck protection loans
is ticking on the Paycheck Protection Program. The last day to apply for a federal forgivable loan is Aug. 8.
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- With early-voting states in mind, Trump campaign resets
"I know a lot of people look at the election countdown clock
on our wall: it says 91 days," Stepien said Monday. "But ballots will be in the hands of North Carolina voters in 33 days."
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- White House seeks deal this week with congressional Democrats on coronavirus bill
White House negotiators on Tuesday vowed to work "around the clock" with congressional Democrats to try to reach a deal on coronavirus relief by the end of this week, as the pandemic takes a heavy toll on American life. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- Trump Sets Clock Ticking for TikTok
US president has threatened to ban popular Chinese-owned social media app amid security concerns.
Voice of America. Saturday, 1 Aug 2020.
- Editorial: Trump's choice of a 'gold bug' would imperil the Federal Reserve
Like the president who nominated her for the Federal Reserve board of governors, economist Judy Shelton wants to turn back the clock
on monetary policy.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 31 Jul 2020.
- As clock ticks, McConnell accuses Dems of sabotage
Meanwhile Trump pans Senate GOP stimulus plan as "semi-irrelevant."
Fox News. Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020.
- West Dorset beauty spot Chideock Hill most polluted in Britain
The most polluted area according to a survey by Friends of the Earth is Chideock Hill, in West Dorset, followed by Station Taxi Rank in Sheffield and North Street Clock
Tower in Brighton.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: Motorbike accident spike fear on Welsh roads
Almost 50,000 motorbikes were clocked on roads in one weekend after restrictions were eased, police say.
BBC News. Sunday, 26 Jul 2020.
- Latest Samsung Galaxy Note 20 leak is a spec dump revealing key features
Samsung's Unpacked event is set for early August, and like clockwork, there's been a leaked spec dump for the standard Galaxy Note 20, which is expected
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 23 Jul 2020.
- Minimum wage workers must clock 97 hours a week to afford housing
According to the National Low Income Housing Coalition, minimum wage workers need to make $23.96 per hour to comfortably afford a two-bedroom rental.
Inman. Monday, 20 Jul 2020.
- Ex-Lakers trainer Gary Vitti sees a level playing field in the NBA's Orlando bubble
COVID-19 did not alter the NBA's competitive balance, says longtime Lakers trainer Gary Vitti on the Legends of Sport: Restarting the Clock
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 16 Jul 2020.
Clocks News Headlines and News Summaries