This Clinic news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about clinics from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Christian nurse is to sue Portman Clinic over course that said Bible was racist
Amy Gallagher, 33, a Christian from South London, is preparing legal action against the Portman Clinic
in North London, part of the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- F.D.A. Approves Remdesivir for Patients Not Hospitalized
The treatment must be given via intravenous infusion over three consecutive days, generally at a hospital or clinic.
New York Times. Saturday, 22 Jan 2022.
- Inside a long COVID clinic as patient who was 'fit and healthy' can now 'barely do anything'
"Look at me - I'm shaking," Laura Swarbrick says as she waits for her appointment.
Sky News. Saturday, 22 Jan 2022.
- Hospital in Norfolk moves patients into a HOTEL in a bid to free up beds
Up to 15 patients will be cared for at a city centre hotel in Norwich in a pilot scheme that will last three months, NHS Norfolk and Waveney Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) said.
Daily Mail. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- UCSF Aims To Re-Think Neuroscience Research With Its New Building
The University of California San Francisco is attempting to re-think how basic and clinical neuroscience research and care are done with its newly opened Joan and Sanford Weill Neurosciences Building.
Forbes. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Kidneys From a Genetically Altered Pig Are Implanted in a Brain-Dead Patient
Surgeons at the University of Alabama at Birmingham said they hoped to start clinical trials with kidney patients later this year.
New York Times. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Catalent (CTLT) to Advance Oral Drug Development With New Launch
Catalent's (CTLT) Xpress Pharmaceutics service offers a quicker alternative to the traditional clinical development model, lowering the time needed to complete clinical studies.
Zacks. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Humana To Expand Welsh Carson-Backed Primary Care Senior Clinics To 12 States
Humana is expanding primary care senior clinics
into three more states, increasing to more than 240 the number of such centers by the end of this year.
Forbes. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- PolarityTE (PTE) Gets FDA Nod to Begin Pivotal Ulcer Study
PolarityTE (PTE) announces removal of clinical hold on a proposed pivotal study to evaluate its SkinTE for chronic cutaneous ulcers. PolarityTE plans to start enrollment in the next few months.
Zacks. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Retired GP broke Covid rules to hug bereaved woman at clinic
Dr Prit Buttar says he was humbled by the social media response after he comforted a bereaved woman.
BBC News. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Omicron causing less severe illness in Southern California patients, study suggests
A preliminary study based on Kaiser Permanente patient records noted substantially reduced risk of severe clinical outcomes in patients who are infected with the Omicron variant compared with Delta.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- Car crashes into local Southwest Side clinic, breaks through wall
A car slammed into a local clinic
in Chicago's Brighton Park neighborhood on Wednesday morning.
ABC News. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- China: Doctor charged for treating fever patient
The medic in Henan could face a prison term because there wasn't a fever clinic
at their hospital.
BBC News. Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022.
- Ketamine and therapy can help alcoholics 'stay off heavy drinking for longer,' clinical trial finds
People being treated for alcoholism were able to stay away from heavy drinking for longer with the use of ketamine and psychological therapy, results from an "extremely encouraging" clinical trial have shown.
Sky News. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
- Moderna working with world health leaders on Covid booster for this fall that targets omicron, CEO says
Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel said the omicron-specific booster will enter clinical trials soon.
CNBC. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
Clinics & Medical Centers News Headlines and News Summaries