This Clinic news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about clinics from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Will New Buyouts Aid Quest Diagnostics (DGX) Q4 Earnings?
Quest Diagnostics' (DGX) acquisition of Clinical Laboratory Services of Boston Clinical Laboratories is expected to have been accretive to its Q4 earnings.
Zacks. Thursday, 23 Jan 2020.
- Now Princess Michael pushes a stem cell clinic in Bahamas
Princess Michael of Kent has been promoting a private medical clinic
in the Bahamas - for free. The princess is featured raving about her stem cell treatment on an island in the Bahamas.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- Bisexual woman, 22, describes torture in Chechen 'conversion clinic' where she underwent 'exorcism'
Aminat Lorsanova, 22 said she was held at two Chechen clinics, in the region's capital of Grozny, for five months in 2018. Her parents watched as a friend beat her in an 'exorcism' to drive out evil.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- America is about to get a powerful tool in the war against cancer
The country's first carbon ion therapy center to treat cancer is being built in partnership with Hitachi on the campus of the Mayo Clinic
in Jacksonville, Florida.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- Philanthropist supports Intermountain's $500 million pediatric project
Salt Lake City-based Intermountain aims to build a second Primary Children's Hospital campus, expand telemedicine, increase the number of pediatric emergency clinicians in rural areas and add behavioral health services.
Modern Healthcare. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- NHS faces huge clinical negligence legal fees bill
Doctors' groups say the current system is not fit for purpose and requires "fundamental" reform.
BBC News. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- FemBeat: Concierge Fertility Startup Future Family Launches Reciprocal IVF Program For Lesbian And Trans Couples
The fertility space has flourished over the past few years, giving rise to freshly-minted startups that offer more affordable egg freezing options, at-home fertility test kits and a health clinic
for women by women.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Study answers when moderate to late preterm babies go home
'When is my baby going home?' is one of the first questions asked by families of infants admitted to the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Now clinicians have a data-based answer.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- Abortion: Is Public Opinion Changing?
In early January, 207 members of Congress signed a friend of the Court brief asking the Supreme Court to uphold a Louisiana law on regulating abortion clinics
and also reconsider its 1973 Roe v. Wade decision on abortion.
Forbes. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- Hernia mesh implants used 'with no clinical evidence'
The devices cut into tissue and nerves, leaving some unable to walk, work or care for their children.
BBC News. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- BioMarin to Begin Early-Stage Study on Gene Therapy for PKU
BioMarin (BMRN) is set to initiate dosing in an early-stage clinical study in the first quarter to evaluate its gene therapy candidate, BMN 307, in phenylketonuria, a rare disease affecting the brain.
Zacks. Tuesday, 14 Jan 2020.
- Mayo Clinic's new data-sharing initiative launches first project
said it hopes the new clinical data analytics platform, run on Google Cloud, will accelerate drug discovery.
Modern Healthcare. Tuesday, 14 Jan 2020.
- Potential new treatment for preventing post traumatic stress disorder
Scientists have discovered the first biomarker unique to PTSD patients and they have created a peptide shown in a preclinical trial to treat and even prevent PTSD.
Science Daily. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- Rally against 'hate' planned in Newark after Planned Parenthood is targeted
Residents, advocates and elected officials plan to gather in Newark Saturday to stand up against violence directed at the Planned Parenthood clinic
there last week.
NPR. Friday, 10 Jan 2020.
- 'Our little miracle': Penn Medicine announces baby born by uterine transplant from dead donor
Penn Medicine introduced the first couple in the area to have a baby via uterine transplant from a deceased donor. Jennifer Gobrecht received the new uterus in 2018, as part of a clinical trial. Baby Ben was born in November.
ABC News. Friday, 10 Jan 2020.
Clinics & Medical Centers News Headlines and News Summaries