This Clinic news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about clinics from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Medics treating victims of Russian 'radiation explosion' are 'flown to Moscow for urgent tests'
Three victims arrived naked in plastic bags to Arkhangelsk Regional Clinical Hospital, Russia, after a 'radiation explosion' near the village of Nyonska. Medics were not told extent of explosion.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Sophie Bennett death: Clinician faces jail for 'withholding evidence'
Duncan Lawrence admitted failing to cooperate with an inquest into the death of a teenager.
BBC News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Promising New Treatment for Brain Cancer
New therapies are showing real promise in fighting the type of brain cancer that claimed the lives of Sens. John McCain and Ted Kennedy, a pair of new clinical trials shows.
Newsmax. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Moleculin Completes Enrollment in Early-Stage Cancer Study
Moleculin (MBRX) reaches enrollment target in a clinical study evaluating its p-STAT3 inhibitor, WP1220, as a treatment for cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, a form of skin cancer.
Zacks. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Stomach-churning footage captures podiatrist cutting away at woman's toenails
Dr Binh Nguyen, who works at the Healthy Feet Podiatry clinic
in Tampa in Florida, revealed the unidentified patient hadn't cut her nails in 'over a year'.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Hair removal can be a struggle for some trans women but this electrologist can help
Trans women often struggle with hair removal, so Siobhan set up her own clinic
in Manchester providing electrolysis - the only form of permanent hair removal.
BBC News. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Planned Parenthood sets exit from family planning program
Planned Parenthood said it will leave the federal family planning program within days unless a court puts a hold on Trump administration rules that bar clinics
from referring patients for abortions.
Modern Healthcare. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- New drug shows encouraging survival in pancreatic cancer
A phase 1 clinical trial testing a new drug in pancreatic cancer had promising initial results, report researchers. The trial looked at AZD1775, an inhibitor designed to block an enzyme called Wee1, which plays a role in DNA damage repair.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Jazz (JAZZ) Acquires Cavion, Adds Movement Disorder Candidate
Jazz (JAZZ) acquires privately-held Cavion for a total consideration of $312.5 million including an upfront payment of $52.5 million and $260 million in potential clinical, regulatory and commercial milestones.
Zacks. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Scientists hail promise of first effective Ebola treatments in Congo trial
Scientists are a step closer to finding the first effective treatments for the deadly Ebola hemorrhagic fever after two potential drugs showed encouraging survival results in a clinical trial in Congo.
CNBC. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Free Shots for Some at Mobile Vaccine Clinic in Dallas
Dallas County Health and Human Services hosts back-to-school mobile vaccine clinics
throughout the month of August and will give free shots to those who qualify this Saturday.
NBC. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Father accuses fertility clinic of heartbreaking sperm mix-up
A new lawsuit accuses an Ohio fertility clinic
of a sperm mix-up with heartbreaking consequences. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- HIV self-testing kits for blood examined for licensing in Canada
Sexual health clinics
to study HIV self-testing kits with the aim of gaining federal approval for the first such device in Canada.
CBC News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Canadian pot company Tilray ships CBD to US for clinical trials on alcohol and PTSD
The Canadian pot company says the studies are being conducted by researchers at New York University.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Dad accuses clinic of sperm mix-up after learning daughter isn't his
They have since narrowed the possible biological father to a handful men, including one who worked at the hospital that helped conceive their daughter
CBS News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
Clinics & Medical Centers News Headlines and News Summaries