This Clinic news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about clinics from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Plasma from recovered COVID cases has 'no clinical benefit' for patients
Convalescent plasma has no clinical benefit for COVID-19 patients, according to a new study.
Sky News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Toward a new staging system for prostate cancer, and why it matters
The development and validation of a staging system for non-metastatic prostate cancer could help doctors and patients assess treatment options, as well as improve clinical trials.
Science Daily. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- AstraZeneca (AZN), J&J (JNJ) Coronavirus Trials May Resume Soon
Clinical studies on coronavirus vaccine candidates of AstraZeneca (AZN) and J&J (JNJ) which were paused for reviewing adverse events are anticipated to resume as early as this week.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Covid: Scots told to prepare for 'digital Christmas'
The idea of people in Scotland having a normal Christmas in 2020 is "fiction", the national clinical director says.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Covid risk factors for ethnic minorities 'can't be changed overnight'
Dr Raghib Ali, a clinical epidemiologist at Cambridge University, was one of the main researchers behind a major Government race report into Covid-19 published today.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- FDA should 'under no circumstances' fast-track a COVID-19 vaccine, says patient safety group
The US Food and Drug Administration should not approve a vaccine before full clinical trials are completed, said ECRI, a nonprofit patient safety organization.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine trial continues despite Brazilian volunteer death
Brazilian health authority Anvisa said on Wednesday that a volunteer in a clinical trial of the COVID-19 vaccine developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University had died but added that the trial would continue.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Highly effective tumor detection strategy for common childhood brain tumors
A team of scientists have developed a way to more accurately both detect and monitor a common type of pediatric brain cancer, setting the stage for giving clinicians a real-time view into how the cancer responds to treatment.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Preclinical Trials On Synthetic Cannabinoid Drug For Covid-19 Suggest Benefits For Treating Lung Inflammation
This week, Tetra Bio-Pharma announced that they had completed preclinical trials on the experimental synthetic cannabinoid drug, and the results suggest it could be helpful for reducing inflammation, scarring and damage in the lungs.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Volunteer in AstraZeneca coronavirus clinical trial dies, report says
A volunteer involved in AstraZeneca and Oxford University's coronavirus vaccine trial has died, according to Brazil's health authority.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Man, 39, has a 'Kinder-egg sized' cyst on his forehead removed in The Bad Skin Clinic
Robert, 39, a planning co-ordinator from Rugby, who doesn't go outside without a hat due to an 'egg-sized' cyst on his forehead, has it removed in tonight's episode of Quest Red's The Bad Skin Clinic.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Federal appeals court upholds Kentucky abortion law
A federal appeals court has upheld a decades-old Kentucky law requiring abortion clinics
to have written agreements with a hospital and an ambulance service in case of medical emergencies. The 2-1 decision by the 6th U.S. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Sanofi's mRNA Vaccine for Coronavirus to Enter Clinical Stage
Sanofi (SNY) and Translate Bio select coronavirus vaccine candidate MRT5500 for clinical development, based on its promising pre-clinical data. A clinical study is anticipated by this year-end.
Zacks. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- U.S. blocked Chinese purchase of San Diego fertility clinic over medical data security concerns
The government action reveals previously unknown concerns about Chinese access to Americans' medical data stored in fertility clinics.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Covid: Remdesivir 'has little or no effect' on survival, says WHO
Drug manufacturer Gilead has questioned the findings, from a clinical study by the WHO.
BBC News. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
Clinics & Medical Centers News Headlines and News Summaries