This Church news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about church and churches news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Queens church deacon is arrested for 'arranging to have sex with 14-year-old boy
deacon, Rogelio Vega, was arrested in Queens this week after he attempted to meet up with a minor for sex, only to be nabbed by an undercover cop.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 23 Jan 2021.
- Earnings Preview: Church & Dwight (CHD) Q4 Earnings Expected to Decline
& Dwight (CHD) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Seven-year-old found $5 note at New Zealand beach, auctioning it for $755
Bidders have offered a seven-year-old $755 for a soggy five dollar bill he found at a Christchurch beach. His dad put the note on a trade site as a joke, now his son wants a motorbike and mansion.
Daily Mail. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Lodger found guilty of murdering elderly landlady
The 77-year-old let him stay at her Edinburgh flat after the priest at her church
asked her to take him in.
BBC News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Covid: Llangollen 'Pimm's and Hymns' reaches Brazil
Online audiences for singalongs in the Llangollen church
have "exploded", Father Lee Taylor says.
BBC News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Three dead and six injured after explosion destroys residential building in Madrid
At least three people have died and six others were injured after an "extremely loud" explosion destroyed a residential building belonging to the Catholic Church
in Madrid's city centre.
Sky News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Church & Dwight (CHD) Gains From Strong Demand Across Brands
& Dwight's (CHD) products, especially in the cleaning and personal care categories, are gaining from rising demand amid the pandemic.
Zacks. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- The inequities of PPP: Megachurches receive money ahead of small businesses
Small businesses are hoping for more than a miracle.
ABC News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Biden's inauguration to feature ceremony honoring COVID-19 victims
Officials are asking cities around the country to participate by illuminating buildings and ringing church
bells during the ceremony.
CBS News. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- How the Medical Director of a Nonprofit Spends His Sundays
After clients and church
duties, Dr. David Collymore might sneak in a game of Ms. Pac-Man.
New York Times. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Pastor Who Advised Two Presidents Is Sentenced to 6 Years for Cheating Investors
Kirbyjon H. Caldwell was senior pastor of the Windsor Village United Methodist Church
in Houston and rose to prominence as a supporter of George W. Bush and Barack Obama.
New York Times. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Pope Francis changes church law, grants women more access to altar
Pope Francis changed church
law Monday to explicitly allow women to do more things during Mass, granting them access to the most sacred place on the altar, while continuing to affirm that they cannot be priests.
Fox News. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Here are the L.A. County malls, gyms, restaurants and churches cited for COVID-19 violations
L.A. County inspectors have issued 157 citations to businesses and churches
for violating COVID-19 protocols since Dec. 1, some multiple times.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Dozens of coronavirus cases linked to Christmas Eve services at Boston-area church
Dozens of people who attended Christmas Eve services at a church
in Woburn, Mass., outside of Boston, have tested positive for COVID-19.
Fox News. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- WATCH: Rev. Raphael Warnock speaks after projected victory in Georgia Senate runoff
The preacher, who leads the same church
once led by Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., will make history as the first Black senator in the state of Georgia.
ABC News. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries