This Church news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about church and churches news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- U.S. Roman Catholic Church Received At Least $1.4 Billion In Taxpayer-Funded PPP Loans
At least $200 million was sent to approximately 40 dioceses that have paid out massive settlements to thousands of sex-abuse victims in recent years.
Forbes. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- The Catholic Church Lobbied To Become One Of The Largest Beneficiaries Of PPP Loans
Persuaded by religious groups
Daily Caller. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- After lobbying, Catholic Church won $1.4 billion in virus aid
The Catholic Church
used an unprecedented exemption to amass at least $1.4 billion in taxpayer-backed aid.
CBS News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- FBI offers $10,000 reward in search for missing Amish teen
The FBI has joined the ongoing search for Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, who was last seen walking home from a church
service in East Lampeter Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, on June 21.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Scotland's papers: Lockdown 'milestone' and Beattie tributes
The reopening of bars, hairdressers and churches, and the death of a showbiz legend feature on Scotland's front pages.
BBC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- AP: After lobbying, Catholic Church won $1.4B in virus aid
NEW YORK (AP) - The U.S. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Saint Sabina Church gives away food boxes to hundreds on Chicago's South Side every week
This Chicago church
is giving away hundreds of boxes of fresh food every week, for as long as they possibly can.
ABC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Feds charge phony church with selling toxic bleach as COVID-19 cure
Florida family allegedly pitched product that had U.S. regulators receiving reports of hospitalizations and death.
CBS News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Georgia man, 66, is found dead by a food delivery driver after ordering a meal to his home
Marshall Tallant, 66, was found dead in his home on Church
Road, Georgia, at around 3.30pm Tuesday by a driver delivering his food.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Navy updates coronavirus policy to allow church attendance, 'major victory' for religious liberty advocates
The Navy updated its coronavirus restrictions policy to allow service members to attend houses of worship after chaplains and a religious liberty law firm complained last week alleging the temporary orders were being unlawfully applied.
Fox News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Churches Emerge as Major Source of Coronavirus Cases
The virus has infiltrated Sunday services, church
meetings and youth camps. More than 650 cases have been linked to reopened religious facilities.
New York Times. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- SCOTUS Tosses Employment Discrimination Suits From Ex-Catholic School Teachers
'Stay out of employment disputes' related to churches
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Teen attended church party with 100 people weeks before dying from coronavirus: report
A Florida teenager who died of the coronavirus attended a party at a church
with 100 others just two weeks before her death, a report said Monday.
Fox News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Televangelists, Dallas megachurch that hosted Pence approved for millions in pandemic aid
A Dallas megachurch whose pastor has been a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump was approved for a forgivable loan worth $2 million to $5 million, according to long-awaited government data released on Monday. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: What are the changes to places of worship?
Churches, mosques and other places of worship have reopened in England - but with changes.
BBC News. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries