This Chocolate news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about chocolate and cocoa news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- M&Ms fans finally discover what the initials actually stand for
While many speculate the name and initials was inspired by the 'mmm' sound made when you eat the chocolate
- this isn't the case
Daily Mail. Sunday, 25 Sep 2022.
- Lady Hicks' pet mongoose ate the Queens chocolates
India Hicks, daughter of Lady Pamela Hicks, the Queen's former lady-in-waiting, has taken to Instagram to share a funny story of her mother's pet mongoose eat the Queen's chocolates.
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Sep 2022.
- Ivory Coast, a Big Cocoa Exporter, Tries to Move Up the Ladder
A new generation of Ivory Coast chocolatiers is striving to change an industry that has long left cocoa
farmers in poverty.
New York Times. Saturday, 13 Aug 2022.
- 'Got fooled': Man scams chocolate shop after pretending to check for carbon monoxide leak
The employees fell for his story and the man made away with $170.
ABC News. Thursday, 11 Aug 2022.
- World's biggest chocolate plant running again after salmonella scare
The Belgian plant, which supplies industry giants including Hershey and Nestle, was shut down in June after salmonella was discovered in products.
CBS News. Monday, 8 Aug 2022.
- Aamir Khan: Forrest Gump gets Bollywood treatment
Aamir Khan tells BBC World how the iconic 'life is like a box of chocolates' line was adapted for new audiences.
BBC News. Thursday, 4 Aug 2022.
- Hershey warns of possible Halloween candy shortage
says it won't be able to make enough candy to fully meet the Halloween deadline.
ABC News. Saturday, 30 Jul 2022.
- Hershey warns of Halloween candy shortage
Hershey, one of the world's largest chocolate
makers, is warning of a shortage of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kat and other sweets this Halloween. Hershey said it won't be able to fully meet consumer demand.
CBS News. Friday, 29 Jul 2022.
- How science is making chocolate taste even better
beans go through a fermentation process that scientists say can be more precisely controlled.
BBC News. Thursday, 7 Jul 2022.
- Rejoice! Here Are 8 Possible Benefits of Eating Chocolate
You no longer have to save chocolate
for your treat day.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 7 Jul 2022.
- £22,000 worth of fake and potentially dangerous Wonka chocolate bars seized in Oxford Street shop raid
A haul of fake and potentially dangerous Wonka chocolate
bars worth £22,000 has been seized from a shop on London's Oxford Street.
Sky News. Wednesday, 15 Jun 2022.
- Two Workers Fall Into Tank Full Of Chocolate. Rescuers Forced To Cut Hole For Them To Escape
OSHA is investigating the incident
Daily Caller. Monday, 13 Jun 2022.
- Pennsylvania first responders rescue two people stuck in chocolate factory tank
Two people got stuck in a chocolate
tank in the Mars M&M factory in Pennsylvania on Thursday, leading to a rescue operation by officials.
Fox News. Thursday, 9 Jun 2022.
- World's largest Jaffa Cake weighing 80kg is created by Great British Bake Off winner
What do you get if you mix 160 eggs, 8kg of dark chocolate
and 15kg of orange jelly? The world's largest-ever Jaffa Cake, of course.
Sky News. Monday, 30 May 2022.
- How Jane Lynch, Actress, Spends Her Sundays
What gets the comedic performer through her Broadway shows? Chocolate
and peanut butter, for one thing.
New York Times. Friday, 13 May 2022.
Chocolate & Cocoa News Headlines and News Summaries