This Chocolate news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about chocolate and cocoa news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chicago candy icon Fannie May celebrating 100th anniversary with new flavors, redesigned stores
A beloved Chicago chocolate
and candy icon celebrates a hundred years in business this year.
ABC News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Graduate whose acne was so bad it ruined her teenage social life ditches chocolate to clear her skin
Mariia Bilenka, 23, from Kiev, Ukraine, has suffered with acne for the past ten years but is now delighted by her clearer skin after she ditched her daily fix of chocolate
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Mother, 28, slams McDonald's after spilled hot chocolate leaves her with burns on her thighs
WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT Rosie Chapman claims the cup she got from the Hemel Hempstead McDonald's branch was 'poorly put together', causing her hot chocolate
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Tourist seen hand-feeding a bear on TikTok has been charged, Tennessee officials say
She appeared to give the animal chocolate
and watermelon, footage from a mountain town shows.
Yahoo. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- High social and ecological standards for chocolate
Worldwide demand for food from the tropics that meets higher environmental and social standards has risen sharply in recent years. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Quality Street missing 'the Chocolate Brownie one'
Manufacturing problems mean some tins don't include the full range of chocolates.
BBC News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Hand pollination, not agrochemicals, increases cocoa yield and farmer income
Agroecologists compare pesticides, fertilizers, manual pollination and farming costs in Indonesia.
Science Daily. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Real life Russell Stover given chocolate-themed wedding by candy brand
The bride and groom were pleased with how their nuptials turned out.
Fox News. Wednesday, 30 Sep 2020.
- Yuengling brewery and Hershey's team up for chocolate porter
Yuengling Hershey's Chocolate
Porter contains 4.7% ABV and "smooth chocolate
tones," according to the brand.
Fox News. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- Chocolate factories, churches and courts: Residential conversions heat up
As new apartment building starts slow, commercial-to-residential apartments conversions are picking up steam as they offer renters affordability and style.
Inman. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- The World's Largest Chocolate Museum Debuts in Switzerland
Launched by Lindt, the attraction features a 30-foot-tall chocolate
fountain and a tour of the sweet treat's history
Smithsonian. Monday, 28 Sep 2020.
- How Hotels Are Helping Get Out The Vote In The 2020 Election
From giant chocolate
"Vote!" sculptures to complimentary stamped envelopes for voter registration forms, here's how hotels are helping travelers get ready for the 2020 election.
Forbes. Saturday, 26 Sep 2020.
- 24 Strange Predictions For the 21st Century
Everyone from chocolate-making companies to some of history's greatest minds (think Ben Franklin and Nikola Tesla) weighed in on what they thought life would be like in the 21st century.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 3 Sep 2020.
- Climate change: How the UK contributes to global deforestation
Chocolate, pizza, shampoo.... Just some of the things that could be making climate change worse.
BBC News. Wednesday, 26 Aug 2020.
- Last Week, This Swiss Town Was Briefly Showered in Cocoa Powder
A broken ventilation system at a Lindt factory spewed crushed cocoa
nibs into the air
Smithsonian. Friday, 21 Aug 2020.
Chocolate & Cocoa News Headlines and News Summaries