This Chinese news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about Chinese news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Overseas bidders lead the race to buy Topshop
fast fashion giant Shein and US investment firm Authentic Brands appear to be going head to head to buy Topshop and sister company Topman out of administration after a bidding war.
Daily Mail. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Millions ordered to get COVID test in Beijing after city reports three cases
Millions of people in Beijing are being tested for COVID-19 after the Chinese
capital recorded three new cases on Friday.
Sky News. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- 2 films offer 2 tales ahead of Wuhan lockdown anniversary
WUHAN, China (AP) - Two new films about Wuhan were released Friday, the eve of the anniversary of the start of a 76-day lockdown in the central Chinese
city where the coronavirus was first detected. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Honor launches first phone since being sold by Huawei after U.S. sanctions
Honor, the Chinese
smartphone brand formerly owned by Huawei, launched the V40, its first device since being sold off in response to U.S. sanctions.
CNBC. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Suspected Chinese spy 'is caught hiding in a wardrobe at Navy base RNAS Yeovilton'
The woman is said to have been caught hiding among her lover's jumpsuits at RNAS Yeovilton in Somerset, after being smuggled in by the aircraft technician, according to the Sun.
Daily Mail. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- This Chinese Ride-Sharing Company Will Allocate $10 Million to Support Vaccination Efforts Around the World
In Mexico, the application will implement the "DiDi Vaccinate" option, which will grant coupons for trips to vaccination centers starting from Stage 2 of the National Vaccination Policy.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Will Biden ease the sky-high tension between the U.S. and China?
The chasm between the two superpowers deepened considerably over the last 4 years, but one veteran Chinese
analyst sees clear opportunities "to reengage."
CBS News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Alibaba stock spikes after Jack Ma resurfaces
billionaire Jack Ma resurfaced in an online video after staying out of the public eye for months -- fueling rumors that he was missing.
ABC News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- How Will OFAC Change In The Biden Administration With Respect To China-Related Sanctions
What you need to know about how the new Biden-led government will approach OFAC and Chinese
Forbes. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Millions of new investors piled into mainland Chinese stock markets in 2020
For all of 2020, new investors increased by 18.02 million to 177.77 million, official data showed. That's about 1.5 million new accounts a month.
CNBC. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Twitter Says It Locked Account of China's US Embassy Over Xinjiang-Related Tweet
Embassy's account has not posted any new tweets since January 9
Voice of America. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- QUIZ: Chinese Propaganda Or American Journalists?
See if you can match the following ten quotes to their speakers' group.
Daily Caller. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Chinese Billionaire Jack Ma Suddenly Reappears In A Video Months After Criticizing The Government
He spoke online at the Jack Ma Rural Teachers Award ceremony on Wednesday. This was his first appearance since allegedly invoking the ire of the Chinese
Forbes. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Alibaba's Jack Ma Makes First Appearance After China Criticism
Mr. Ma, the co-founder of the retailing giant Alibaba, had disappeared after criticizing Chinese
regulators late last year.
New York Times. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Prada cuts ties with Chinese actress after surrogacy controversy
Italian designer Prada has cut ties with a popular Chinese
actress engulfed in a surrogacy scandal.
Sky News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
Chinese Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries