This Chinese news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about Chinese news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Girl, 13, blows her Chinese family's life savings spending $64,000 on mobile phone games
The teenager's mother, only found out her account had been ransacked after teachers at her daughter's boarding school phoned to tell her they were worried she was addicted to the games. Picture: File image
Daily Mail. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Prospect of Chinese spy base in Cuba unsettles Washington
Cuba may allow China to establish a facility on its territory capable of conducting electronic surveillance on the United States, CBS News has confirmed.
CBS News. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Chinese censors take aim at AirDrop and Bluetooth
Authorities are relentlessly plugging the "cracks" in China's Great Firewall to quench dissent.
BBC News. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Chinese-owned Canary Wharf office tower calls in receivers
A second Canary Wharf office block in as many weeks has collapsed into a form of insolvency amid growing financial pressure on commercial property owners.
Sky News. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Blinken Expected to Visit China Soon
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken is expected to visit Beijing in coming weeks, rescheduling a trip canceled in February amid tensions that included a Chinese
spy balloon flying over the United States. ...
Voice of America. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- U.S. Business Interest In China Is Slowly Recovering, Ex-American Diplomat Says
Multinationals eye Chinese
private sector sentiment as a guide, says Sean Stein.
Forbes. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Space Force Preparing To Unleash Secretive Spy Satellites To Monitor Chinese Weapons
They'll keep watch over adveraries' counterspace weapons
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- TikTok: ByteDance accused of helping China spy on Hong Kong activists
The Beijing-based firm has denied Chinese
Communist Party members were allowed to access user data.
BBC News. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- More Muscular American and Chinese Presence Leads to Increasingly Close Encounters in Indo-Pacific
South Korea scrambled fighter jets after Chinese
and Russian military aircraft entered its air defense zone in the south and east of the Korean Peninsula. The incursion followed encounters between U.S. ...
Voice of America. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- DeSantis fundraiser is a lobbyist for Moderna, puberty blockers and a sanctioned Chinese company
A lobbyist for vaccine manufacturer Moderna and for a leading puberty blocker given to transgender children is holding a fundraising event Ron DeSantis in Washington this month.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- Chinese authorities raided 3 firms gathering information on Chinese companies for investors
authorities recently raided the offices of three firms gathering information on Chinese
companies for investors. It's part of a broader push by China to limit foreign access to business data in the name of national security. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- The Billion Dollar Asos Question As Shareholders Hope Bid Lifts Stock
Reports that Trendyol, a Turkish competitor backed by Chinese
e-commerce colossus Alibaba, previously launched a $1.24 billion takeover bid have briefly lifted its stock.
Forbes. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- China Tensions Cause Shakeup At VC Firm That Once Funded Apple, Google: REPORT
arm of the firm currently has about $56 billion in assets under management
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- U.S. Slaps Sanctions On Iranian, Chinese Targets Over Tehran's Missile, Military Programs
The United States has imposed sanctions on more than a dozen people and entities in Iran, China, and Hong Kong, accusing them of supporting Iran's missile and military programs.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- U.S. Levies Sanctions On Iranian, Chinese Companies Over Ballistic Missile Programs
The United States has sanctioned seven individuals and six entities from Iran, China, and Hong Kong who the U.S. Treasury Department says have helped Tehran get key technology for ballistic missile development.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
Chinese Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries