This Child Care news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about child care and day care news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Policymakers Used to Ignore Child Care. Then Came the Pandemic.
Experts who sounded the alarm about the care economy were often shunted to the side of policy discussions. Not anymore.
New York Times. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- New Jersey day care worker charged with abusing baby
A New Jersey day care
worker is charged with abusing a baby in her care.
Fox News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- The upmarket 'Soho House for dogs' hotel
Urban Mutts in London's Westfield is described as 'a game-changing members' club-meets-modern fitness, day care
and wellbeing space', is designed solely for dogs.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Joe Biden 'American Families Plan' shifts child care costs to taxpayer
President Biden wants to spend $224 billion to reduce how much lower- and middle-income families pay for child care
and make it free for the poorest parents. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- "It's insane": Parents describe struggle to afford child care
Parents are struggling to find and pay for childcare, a situation exacerbated by the pandemic.
CBS News. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Connecticut ends its state religious vaccine exemption
Connecticut will no longer allow a religious exemption from childhood immunization requirements for schools, colleges and day care
facilities, becoming the sixth state to end that policy.
Fox News. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Biden to sell child care and free university in speech to Congress
The Democrat will pledge to enact free pre-school and community college in a speech to Congress.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Biden $1.8 Trillion Plan: Child Care, Student Aid and More
The proposed American Families Plan would expand access to education and child care
. It would be financed partly through higher taxes on the wealthiest Americans.
New York Times. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Joe Biden to detail $1.8 trillion 'families' spending proposal; wealthy to pay higher taxes
President Biden on Wednesday will present a $1.8 trillion spending proposal that boosts federal funding for an array of social programs, including child care, pre-K, community college and health insurance subsidies. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Biden's 'Families Plan' would tax rich to help schools, child care, community college and more
President Biden will unveil the second half of his roughly $4-trillion economic revival agenda in a prime-time speech Wednesday to a joint session of Congress.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Progressive lawmakers push child care plans ahead of Biden proposal
Senators Elizabeth Warren and Patty Murray have introduced competing proposals that pressure the president ahead of his own announcement.
CBS News. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Biden to propose capital gains tax of 39.6% to fund education and child care, reports say
Biden will seek an increase in the tax on capital gains to 39.6% for those Americans earning more than $1 million, according to reports.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Hiring For Equality: Practical Steps To Achieving Gender Parity In The Workplace
When schools and day care
closed, women spent an average of 7.7 more hours per day on unpaid childcare and household duties than men. Take these steps to ensure your gender equality agenda doesn't suffer following the pandemic.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Biden's recovery plan for families set to cost more than $1 trillion, extend enhanced child tax credit
Biden aims to approve the second phase of his infrastructure package based around child care
and paid leave after passage of the first piece.
CNBC. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- Want to Enroll in Summer Camp & Day Care? Parents Should Start Planning Now
Summer camps, classes and daycare options are filling up fast as capacity limits remain in place for many programs.
NBC. Tuesday, Apr 20 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries