This Child Care news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about child care and day care news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 5 children killed in fire at Pennsylvania day care center
A Pennsylvania day care
center was ravaged Sunday by a fire that killed five and sent the owner to the hospital, authorities said. ...
CBS News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Pennsylvania fire chief says day care where blaze killed five children lacked enough working smoke detectors
There weren't enough working smoke detectors at a Pennsylvania home day care
center where a fire killed five children, the fire chief said Tuesday.
Fox News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- 5 children killed in fire at Pennsylvania child care center
Five children were killed at a home child care
center in a tragic fire in Erie, Pennsylvania, early Sunday. The facility lacked critical safety equipment. Nikki Battiste reports.
CBS News. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Early morning fire at Pennsylvania day care center kills five children including four siblings
A morning fire at a day care
center in Erie, Pennsylvania, killed five children, ages eight months to seven years (four of them are pictured), and sent its owner to the hospital, authorities said.
Daily Mail. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- 5 Children Killed in Day Care Center Fire
An early morning fire in Pennsylvania at a residential building housing a day care
center killed five children and sent the owner to the hospital, authorities said.
Newsmax. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- Pennsylvania child care centre fire kills 5 children: police
Authorities say an early morning fire in Pennsylvania claimed the lives of five children and sent another person to the hospital.
CBC News. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- 53 Children Died In Hot Car Deaths In 2018, But New Technology Could Reverse That Statistic
One-year-old twins Phoenix and Luna died last week in the Bronx after their father, Juan Rodriguez, an Army veteran and VA social worker, forgot to drop the children off at day care
before heading to work. ...
Daily Caller. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Two-year-old Florida boy dies after being left inside hot day care van
Noah Sneed's body was found by a Ceressa's Daycare and Preschool employee who found him inside the white Ford E-350 Super Duty van parked in front of the facility on Monday.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- 2-year-old boy dies after he's left in scorching hot van outside day care
The temperature climbed to 91 degrees in Oakland Park on Monday.
ABC News. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Child dies after being left in hot day care van in Florida
OAKLAND PARK, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have identified a 2-year-old child found dead inside transport van parked outside of a Florida day care
center. Broward Sheriff's officials identified the boy as Noah Sneed. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Oklahoma man accused of raping girl, 4, in McDonald's bathroom
Authorities say the incident happened while the child was visiting the fast-food restaurant during a day care
ABC News. Friday, 19 Jul 2019.
- Teen hopes mirror tags can help prevent hot car deaths
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - A Virginia teenager has partnered with law enforcement, hospital officials and day care
centers in the Richmond area to distribute tags intended to make sure no baby is left in a hot car. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
- Drug bust reveals New York home doubled as illicit day care center: report
Authorities in New York conducting a drug bust at a Rockland County home Tuesday were shocked after six children were reportedly discovered inside the residence at the time of the bust.
Fox News. Friday, 21 Jun 2019.
- This Entrepreneur Stars in a Hit Network Series, but Her Favorite Role Is Helping Mothers 'Have It All'
You've seen June Diane Raphael in "Grace and Frankie," but did you know she founded the first workspace to offer child care?
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 18 Jun 2019.
- Advocates seek quick release of migrant kids detained in US
The administration is accused of violating a decades-old settlement that they say requires that children be promptly released to relatives or other sponsors or sent to child care
Voice of America. Saturday, 15 Jun 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries