This Child Care news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about child care and day care news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Child care, eldercare workers eyed for taxpayer-funded pay hikes in Dems' welfare state expansion
A lot of workers may feel underpaid and underappreciated, but President Biden and congressional Democrats have singled out child care
and eldercare workers for taxpayer-funded raises. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Child Care Facilities Prep as Dallas County Sees Increase of COVID-19 Cases
On Wednesday Dallas County health officials said as COVID-19 cases continue to rise, they're also seeing a trend in kids under the age of 12.
NBC. Wednesday, Jul 28 2021.
- Allyson Felix & Athleta launch a $200,000 grant to fund child care for competing athletes
Nine-time Olympic medalist Allyson Felix joins "CBS This Morning" to talk about her partnership with Athleta and the Women's Sports Foundation to launch a $200,000 grant aimed at covering child care
costs for competing athletes.
CBS News. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Biden promotes economic agenda as debate heats up in Congress
President Joe Biden promoted the bipartisan infrastructure framework and other components of his Build Back Better agenda, including such as education, affordable housing and child care
CBS News. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- McDonald's reportedly adds tuition, child care to sweetened benefits in a bid to attract new workers
Restaurants were among the hardest-hit businesses during Covid shutdowns, letting go of many of their workers as sales stalled.
CNBC. Monday, 12 Jul 2021.
- Senate may work into August to pass infrastructure plan, set the stage for huge spending bill
Democrats are trying to pass a bipartisan infrastructure plan and a broader bill to address child care
and climate change in the coming weeks.
CNBC. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Otter Raises $23 Million To Tackle Broken Childcare Market And Help Stay-At-Home Parents Get Paid
The New York-based startup pairs stay-at-home parents with those needing child care
to offer a solution to the pandemic-accelerated dearth of options.
Forbes. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- Biden pitches increased education, child care spending during Illinois trip
President Biden on Wednesday pitched his proposals to increase spending on education and child care, saying the investments will help keep Americans competitive in a global economy. Mr. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021.
- Young adults put pandemic savings toward down payments
Zillow survey finds that half of millennials and Gen Zers plan to use money saved on transportation, child care
and dining out to buy a home.
Inman. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- Charities cut adrift dementia patients as dwindling funds see day care groups slashed
Covid restrictions halted fundraising opportunities for facilities in the UK that provide everything from lunch clubs to memory-boosting activities - services both patients and their carers rely on.
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Jul 2021.
- England Women v India Women: Kate Cross takes five wickets
Watch Kate Cross take the second five-wicket haul of her one-day career during England's five-wicket victory over India in the second one-day international at Taunton.
BBC News. Wednesday, 30 Jun 2021.
- Biden, Facing July 4 Deadline, Rallies Nation With Vaccination Incentives
President Biden announced a get-out-the-vote-style plan to meet his goal of partly vaccinating at least 70 percent of Americans by July 4, including offers of free child care, free sports tickets and free beer.
New York Times. Thursday, 3 Jun 2021.
- Have Three Children? No Way, Many Chinese Say.
Intense workplace competition, inadequate child care
and widespread job discrimination against pregnant women have made childbearing an unappealing prospect for many.
New York Times. Tuesday, 1 Jun 2021.
- We Need to Reimagine a More Family-Friendly Workplace
Child care as a benefit boosts productivity and enables a more diverse workforce.
Entrepreneur. Saturday, 22 May 2021.
- New Jersey day care worker charged with abusing baby
A New Jersey day care
worker is charged with abusing a baby in her care.
Fox News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries