This Child Care news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about child care and day care news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Dutch Government Resigns After Benefits Scandal
A parliamentary report concluded that tax authorities unfairly targeted poor families over child care
benefits. Prime Minister Mark Rutte and his entire cabinet stepped down.
New York Times. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Wives bore the brunt of child care during the shutdown
Traditional gendered patterns of child care
persisted during the COVID-19 shutdown, with more than a third of couples relying on women to provide most or all of it, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Pandemic disproportionately affecting women in workplace
Child care is one female-dominated industry that's taken a massive hit during the pandemic.
ABC News. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- Baby nearly downs in a day care centre after being left struggling underwater for 3.5 minutes
The 10-month-old Chinese boy's swimming ring flipped when the centre's staff were not paying attention, leaving him submerged in the water upside down, according to a newspaper in China.
Daily Mail. Friday, 13 Nov 2020.
- Study finds surprising diversity in early child care
A new study of kindergarteners in one Midwestern state identified seven different pathways the children took in their early education and care before arriving at school. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- Child Care Benefits May Be As Important As Healthcare If You Want To Keep Top Employees
In the chaos caused by the pandemic, businesses need to rethink the benefits they offer. Without child care
among the benefits, companies may lose valuable employees.
Forbes. Wednesday, 4 Nov 2020.
- Families, day cares feel strain of new COVID-19 health rules
SEATTLE (AP) - Joelle Wheatley hit her pandemic-parenting rock bottom after her son was sent home from day care
for a second time, with the sniffles, due to stricter health guidelines in a symptom-sensitive COVID-19 world. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 2 Nov 2020.
- Woman charged with child abuse at Colorado day care where baby died
Deputies from the Douglas Country Sheriff's Office arrested Amanda Anderson, 34, who was running the daycare from her home, in connection to the death of a baby girl on August 26.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Does working in daycare increase coronavirus risk? New study suggests no
Exposure to child care
was not associated with a heightened risk of coronavirus infection for providers, according to what authors say is the largest study of its kind.
Fox News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- How is a Governess Different From a Nanny?
Whom better suited to dispatch briskly with the demands of coronavirus-era child care?
New York Times. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- Kids infected at day care spread coronavirus at home, CDC study finds
The CDC study "definitively indicates - in a way that previous studies have struggled to do - the potential for transmission to family members," one expert said.
ABC News. Saturday, 12 Sep 2020.
- Kids caught the coronavirus at child care centers and infected family members, CDC report says
"Transmission was observed from two of three children with confirmed, asymptomatic COVID-19," the researchers wrote, providing more evidence that those who do not have Covid-19 symptoms can still spread the virus.
CNBC. Friday, 11 Sep 2020.
- Child Care Crisis Pushes US Mothers Out of Labor Force
Trend is threat to financial stability of families in near term; in long term, crisis could stall or reverse decades of hard-fought gains by working women.
Voice of America. Saturday, 5 Sep 2020.
- A second stimulus check? Why parents in this state could receive more cash
Parents in North Carolina could soon receive a second cash payment to help with child care
Fox News. Friday, 4 Sep 2020.
- 8/9: CBSN AM
Congress urged to reconvene after mass shootings; Day Care
continue using dangerous sleepers
CBS News. Thursday, 3 Sep 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries