This Child Care news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about child care and day care news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Woman charged with child abuse at Colorado day care where baby died
Deputies from the Douglas Country Sheriff's Office arrested Amanda Anderson, 34, who was running the daycare from her home, in connection to the death of a baby girl on August 26.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Does working in daycare increase coronavirus risk? New study suggests no
Exposure to child care
was not associated with a heightened risk of coronavirus infection for providers, according to what authors say is the largest study of its kind.
Fox News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- How is a Governess Different From a Nanny?
Whom better suited to dispatch briskly with the demands of coronavirus-era child care?
New York Times. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- NHS bosses will carry out review of child care at hospital after boy, six, died from septic shock
An inquest has found more could have been done to prevent the death of Leon Singh after he was admitted with a series of symptoms including a high temperature and a rash on his body.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 4 Oct 2020.
- Pandemic Imperils Promotions for Women in Academia
Even as faculty members are given more time to meet a deadline for tenure, many say they are getting less work done because of child care
New York Times. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- Kids infected at day care spread coronavirus at home, CDC study finds
The CDC study "definitively indicates - in a way that previous studies have struggled to do - the potential for transmission to family members," one expert said.
ABC News. Saturday, 12 Sep 2020.
- Kids caught the coronavirus at child care centers and infected family members, CDC report says
"Transmission was observed from two of three children with confirmed, asymptomatic COVID-19," the researchers wrote, providing more evidence that those who do not have Covid-19 symptoms can still spread the virus.
CNBC. Friday, 11 Sep 2020.
- Child Care Crisis Pushes US Mothers Out of Labor Force
Trend is threat to financial stability of families in near term; in long term, crisis could stall or reverse decades of hard-fought gains by working women.
Voice of America. Saturday, 5 Sep 2020.
- A second stimulus check? Why parents in this state could receive more cash
Parents in North Carolina could soon receive a second cash payment to help with child care
Fox News. Friday, 4 Sep 2020.
- 8/9: CBSN AM
Congress urged to reconvene after mass shootings; Day Care
continue using dangerous sleepers
CBS News. Thursday, 3 Sep 2020.
- Could Elizabeth Warren Become The Next Education Secretary?
Warren is a leader on child care, free college, debt cancellation, and more.
Forbes. Monday, 31 Aug 2020.
- Will my child be sent home for cough, runny nose? What to know about day care guidelines during COVID-19
With flu, cold and allergy season around the corner, experts say a runny nose or cough is almost inevitable at daycare facilities.
Yahoo. Monday, 31 Aug 2020.
- Women forced to 'make the sacrifices' as child care centers face lack of support
Economic challenges have only grown amid the coronavirus pandemic, leaving workers and providers squeezed.
Yahoo. Monday, 31 Aug 2020.
- Obama's former top economist says COVID-19's impact on child care could last decades
Betsey Stevenson, the former chief economist for the Department of Labor, talks about the lasting impacts coronavirus will have on the U.S. education and child care
CBS News. Friday, 28 Aug 2020.
- Survey: 73% Of Parents May Make Major Professional Changes If Schools Don't Fully Reopen
The uncertainty surrounding school reopenings has increased anxiety among working parents, with 52% of respondents saying they hide child care
concerns because they worry that their employer or colleagues won't understand.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries