This Child Care news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about child care and day care news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- No Shots, No Day Care: Parents of Kids Under 5 Stuck in Grueling Limbo
Facing an uncontrolled surge of virus cases, parents of young children are again forced to wrestle with child care
crises as the rest of the world appears eager to move on.
New York Times. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- How One Female-Founded Company Is On A Mission To Revolutionize Child Care
Brella, an on-demand, app-enabled child care
model designed with families' needs in mind, announced the news of its $5 Million series seed round earlier this week.
Forbes. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Manchin will reopen talks with Biden on Build Back Better if child tax credits are limited: Report
The West Virginia moderate Democrat reportedly said he'd be open to discussing the climate change and child care
measures in Biden's spending package.
Daily Mail. Monday, 3 Jan 2022.
- Build Back Better bill accused of making it 'virtually impossible' for religious child care to receive funding
Democrats' Build Back Better spending package is taking heat for language that would purportedly block federal funds from flowing to religious child care
Fox News. Friday, 17 Dec 2021.
- Senate Republicans warn Biden's massive spending plan could 'bankrupt religious day care'
Senate Republicans Wednesday highlighted provisions in Democrats' massive reconciliation bill that they say will harm religious day care
Fox News. Wednesday, 15 Dec 2021.
- Biden's Build Back Better plan could DOUBLE the cost of childcare
President Biden's Build Back Better bill contains provisions to make child care
more affordable, but could have the opposite effect for middle class families, according to a new study.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 Dec 2021.
- In Shadow of Arlington Gas Drilling Sites, Health Fears Escalate
The Arlington City Council will vote Tuesday night whether to allow an energy company to drill new natural gas wells on property next to a day care
NBC. Tuesday, Nov 30 2021.
- Democrats' bill plans the biggest expansion of public education in a century
Democrats plan for universal preschool and subsidized child care
in one of the largest pieces of their "Build Back Better" social spending and climate bill.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 11 Nov 2021.
- Pete Buttigieg: Child care a key issue in supply chain disruption, labor shortage
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg repeatedly contended Wednesday morning that access to affordable child care
is a root problem in the country’s supply chain and labor shortage issues. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021.
- House set to vote on Biden's Build Back Better agenda, infrastructure bill; fights remain
House passage of the bill would be a crucial step, sending Biden's effort to expand health care, child care
and other social services to the Senate.
ABC News. Friday, 5 Nov 2021.
- House set to vote on social spending, infrastructure bills after weeks of negotiations
Democrats are getting closer to a vote on President Biden's signature priorities. The plan covering everything from child care
to climate change has been in the works for months and the dealmaking is coming down to the wire. ...
CBS News. Friday, 5 Nov 2021.
- Burnout, child care costs drive more women to temporarily step out of workforce
While the pandemic has negatively impacted everyone, the gap between men and women who are burned out has nearly doubled.
ABC News. Wednesday, 27 Oct 2021.
- As child care facilities struggle, states implement relief measures to avert disaster
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the federal government authorized more than $50 billion in temporary emergency funding for states to assist struggling childcare facilities.
CBS News. Wednesday, 20 Oct 2021.
- Trailblazers: Jessica Eggert, CEO And Cofounder Of LegUp
Jessica Eggert is the CEO and co-founder of LegUp, a company that is making child care
more accessible for working parents. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 19 Oct 2021.
- Why Hiring for Child Care Is a Huge Struggle
The Biden administration is trying to address a problem with private child care
that has worsened during the pandemic.
New York Times. Wednesday, 22 Sep 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries