This Child Care news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about child care and day care news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- KinderCare CEO says childcare industry needs at least $25 billion in stimulus funds
Tom Wyatt, CEO of one of the nation's largest childcare providers, says the child care
industry has been left largely unprofitable as a result of the coronavirus.
CBS News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- The Economy Can't Recover as Long as Day Cares and Schools Remain Closed
Lack of childcare could cause a severe dip in the American workforce, with women bearing the brunt of the struggle.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- De Blasio plans to reopen NYC child care centers as early as next week after coronavirus closings
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said Tuesday that he plans to reopen 3,000 child care
centers in the city as early as next week.
Fox News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Prioritize COVID aid for child care and schools to help parents and the economy: GOP leader
The economic crisis will get worse if we don't reopen schools and child care
. We must educate our kids safely and help our communities return to work.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Florida State University Child Care Policy Draws Backlash
The university sent an email to its employees last week saying they would no longer be able to care for children while working remotely. After a backlash, the university clarified its policy.
New York Times. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Father Whose Infant Twins Died in Hot Car Avoids Prison
Juan Rodriguez, who told the police that he forgot to drop the children at day care
before going to work, pleaded guilty to reckless endangerment.
New York Times. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Over half of employees frustrated by remote tech issues during COVID-19 lockdown
How has working from home impacted your efficiency ? From traffic to child care
and even employment itself, there is now a lot to consider -- especially if you are new to this way of working.
ZDNet. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Chicago day care providers fight for funding amid new rules
Child care providers say they are in a fight to survive amid new rules in the city of Chicago.
ABC News. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Amazon rolls out backup child care for employees
Online retailer offering to subsidize emergency child or adult care after employees cited it as challenge.
CBS News. Thursday, 4 Jun 2020.
- Amazon offers 10 days of subsidized backup day care for all U.S. employees until October
All of Amazon and Whole Foods' full- and part-time workers will have access to the benefit through Oct. 2.
CNBC. Tuesday, 2 Jun 2020.
- Editorial: Want to actually help the economy? Bail out child care providers
If the Trump administration, Congress and the nation's governors are serious about reopening the economy, they need to figure out how to help child-care providers reopen and stay open.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 13 May 2020.
- Coronavirus lockdown: Sierra Leone 'role model' minister carries baby and holds Zoom meeting
Sierra Leone's Education Minister David Sengeh combines child care
and official duties at home.
BBC News. Thursday, 30 Apr 2020.
- Dog Day Care Owners Evicted for Partial Rent Payment During COVID-19 Shutdown
Owners of a dog daycare in Little Elm say the business was cleared out because they could only pay partial rent because of the shutdown.
NBC. Monday, Apr 27 2020.
- Tarrant County Updates Guidance for Child Care Providers During Coronavirus Pandemic
The Tarrant County Child Care
Task Force has updated its Guidance and Recommendations to Child Care
Providers amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
NBC. Friday, Apr 24 2020.
- When remote learning goes wrong: Zoom classes for preschoolers can be extra burdens on parents who just want refunds
Day cares and preschools across the U.S. have implemented remote learning plans as an alternative to refunding parents for tuition, to the chagrin of some working families.
CNBC. Monday, 13 Apr 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries