This Chemical news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about chemical and chemistry news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Some Indiana beaches along Lake Michigan closed after spill
PORTAGE, Ind. (AP) - Some beaches are closed along Lake Michigan in northwestern Indiana after authorities say a chemical
spill into the Little Calumet River caused fish to die in the area. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Mossmorran chemical plant shut for a month
The move follows the fourth unplanned flaring incident at the site in Fife this year.
BBC News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Green chemists find a way to turn cashew nut shells into sunscreen
Team of 'green chemists' are working on techniques to produce useful compounds from wood and other fast growing non-edible plant waste, through a chemical
process named xylochemistry.
Science Daily. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Air Products Gets Supply Contract for POSCO's Sejong Site
Air Products (APD) to supply onsite nitrogen to POSCO Chemical's new anode manufacturing site.
Zacks. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Fracking prompts global spike in atmospheric methane, study suggests
As methane concentrations increase in the Earth's atmosphere, chemical
fingerprints point to a probable source: shale oil and gas, according to new research.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Fracking for shale gas has 'dramatically increased' global methane emissions, scientists warn
The research from Cornell University looks at the 'chemical fingerprint' of methane in the atmosphere and concludes that a third in the past decade has come from exploiting shale gas.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Trump tours new Shell Pennsylvania Petrochemicals Plant
On Tuesday, President Trump toured the site of Shell's new Pennsylvania Petrochemicals Complex. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Trump touts U.S. energy at Pennsylvania plastics plant
President Trump visited a petrochemical plant outside of Pittsburgh on Tuesday. The factory, which is owned by the Shell Oil Company, is expected to produce more than 1 million plastic pellets each year. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Trump Claims Credit for Shell Plant Announced Under Obama
President visits Shell's soon-to-be completed Pennsylvania Petrochemicals Complex, which will turn the area's vast natural gas deposits into plastics.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Flaring 'turns night into day' at Mossmorran chemical plant
The flaring started at 22:00 on Monday at the ExxonMobil Chemical
facility at Mossmorran in Fife.
BBC News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Trump to Promote Turning Natural Gas into Plastics in Pennsylvania
Trump will be in Monaca, about 40 minutes north of Pittsburgh, on Tuesday to tour Shell's soon-to-be completed Pennsylvania Petrochemicals Complex.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Energy Boom That Trump Celebrates Began Years Before He Took Office
President Trump tours a Pennsylvania petrochemical plant Tuesday to highlight the U.S. energy boom. Trump claims credit for surging oil and gas production, but the trend began before he took office.
NPR. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Teen suffered third degree burns all over his body after a 'teacher's science experiment went wrong'
Malachi McFadden, 15, caught fire during a chemistry
class on Tuesday at Redan High School in Stone Mountain, Georgia following an alleged 'science experiment gone wrong'
Daily Mail. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Huntsman to Divest Two Chemical Units to Indorama for $2.1B
The transaction transforms Huntsman's (HUN) balance sheet as well as enhances its ability to expand in downstream areas.
Zacks. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- ZDHC programme adds three new value chain affiliates
Premium formal and casual wear supplier Smart Shirts, and German chemicals supplier Trumpler Group are among the latest additions to the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) group's value chain affiliates.
Just Style. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
Chemicals News Headlines and News Summaries