This Chemical news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about chemical and chemistry news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Eastman (EMN) & Interzero Ink Supply Deal for Recycling Plant
Under the deal, Interzero will provide up to 20,000 metric tons annually of hard-to-recycle PET household packaging waste for Eastman Chemical's (EMN) facility in France.
Zacks. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- A Cheaper Chemistry Is Storming The Battery Market
While scientists are rushing to develop a successor to lithium-ion batteries, the market has been doing its own innovation, promoting a less expensive lithium-iron-phosphate battery.
Forbes. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- At NYU, Students Were Failing Organic Chemistry. Whose Fault Was It?
Maitland Jones Jr., a respected professor, defended his standards. But students started a petition, and the university dismissed him.
New York Times. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Back From Brink, Sasol Gets On The Path To Greener Chemicals
Louisiana megaproject complete, CEO Fleetwood Grobler is cutting risk and emissions at South Africa's energy leader.
Forbes. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Fans Fled as Police Fired Tear Gas, Causing Deadly Rush For Exits
Policing experts and human rights organizations are raising questions about why police used the chemical
. In the panic that ensued, many were trampled, leaving at least 125 people dead.
New York Times. Sunday, 2 Oct 2022.
- Barrel of liquid nitrogen EXPLODES in botched chemistry experiment at Spanish school [VIDEO]
The huge liquid nitrogen blast from the botched experiment at the House of Culture in Girona, Spain, left 15 victims with burns, which were treated at Placa de l'Hospital.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 1 Oct 2022.
- From Tagovailoa-Waddle to Burrow-Chase, college chemistry paying off for six QB-receiver duos in the NFL
Reunited in the pros, QB Joe Burrow and WR Ja'Marr Chase reached the Super Bowl their first season together. It's a recipe other teams hope to follow.
ESPN. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Jeff Bezos' ex wife MacKenzie Scott files for DIVORCE from chemistry teacher a year after marrying
Scott, who is worth an estimated $28 billion following her divorce from Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, removed husband Dan Jewett's name and picture from her Giving Pledge profile.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD) Gains But Lags Market: What You Should Know
Air Products and Chemicals (APD) closed at $234.97 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.82% move from the prior day.
Zacks. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- California bans unnecessary pesticide, chemical testing on dogs and cats
Gov. Gavin Newsom signs bill into law that will go into effect Jan. 1 and make California the first state in the U.S. to prohibit harmful testing on dogs and cats.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- U.S. ratifies global treaty to curb climate-warming chemicals in air conditioning, refrigeration
The Senate voted to ratify a global climate treaty that will phase down the use and production of HFCs, chemicals used in air conditioning and refrigeration.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- Chemistry Reveals the History of an Ancient Dancing Horse Sculpture
The artwork dates to China's Tang dynasty, when horses were a symbol of prosperity
Smithsonian. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- School uniforms in N America linked to PFAS "forever chemicals"
A study of school uniforms in the US and Canada shows high levels of chemical
substances linked to health issues.
BBC News. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Firms join forces to combat racism in chemistry
Leading firms launch a scheme to help black and minority ethnic students get jobs as chemistry
BBC News. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Jury awards $363 million to cancer survivor over chemical leak
Plaintiff describes award against medical device sterilization company "a relief." Sterigenics faces hundreds more lawsuits.
CBS News. Tuesday, 20 Sep 2022.
Chemicals News Headlines and News Summaries