This Chemical news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about chemical and chemistry news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Judge questions secrecy in Chemours lawsuit against DuPont
A Delaware judge has chastised attorneys for the secrecy surrounding a dispute between chemical manufacturer Chemours and the DuPont Co., which spun off Chemours in 2015
ABC News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Chemical juggling with three particles
Chemists have discovered a novel mechanism in catalysis. It allows the synthesis of certain alcohols more cheaply and environmentally friendly than before. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Hot spots in rivers that nurture salmon 'flicker on and off' in Bristol Bay region
Chemical signatures imprinted on tiny stones that form inside the ears of fish show that two of Alaska's most productive salmon populations, and the fisheries they support, depend on the entire watershed.
Science Daily. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- US warns Assad against using chemical weapons as fighting escalates in Syria
Fighting in the last rebel stronghold in Syria has prompted U.S. warnings that it has seen signs Bashar al Assad is preparing to use chemical weapons.
ABC News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Ozone layer: Banned CFCs traced to China say scientists
Atmospheric observations pinpoint eastern China as the source of a rise in ozone-destroying chemicals.
BBC News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- For the First Time, Researchers Find Color Red Preserved in Fossil
The fossilized rodent, dubbed 'mighty mouse', is the first to show chemical traces of a red pigment in soft tissue
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- US says there are signs Syria may be using chemical weapons, warns of quick response
The United States sees signs the Syrian government may be using chemical weapons, and warned that Washington and its allies would respond "quickly and appropriately" if this were proven.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Should Value Investors Pick Chemical Financial (CHFC) Stock?
Is Chemical Financial (CHFC) a great pick from the value investor's perspective right now? Read on to know more.
Zacks. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Salmon farming giant Mowi probed over chemical use
The world's biggest salmon farming company is under investigation for possible misreporting of chemical use.
BBC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Here's Why You Should Hold Onto Eastman Chemical for Now
Eastman Chemical (EMN) should gain from its aggressive cost management actions amid a challenging business environment.
Zacks. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Police: Louisiana students laced teacher's drink
Authorities say two Louisiana high school students poured a chemical into a teacher's drink and filmed it on Snapchat.
Fox News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- VA hospital evacuated due to 'unknown chemical odor' that wa urine sample dropped off by a veteran
The behavioral health center at the Hampton VA Medical Center in Virginia was evacuated on Wednesday due to a 'pungent' smell that turned out to be coming from a urine sample.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- LanzaTech aims to fuel jets and make consumer goods from recycled carbon pollution
LanzaTech has proved it can transform greenhouse gas emissions into fuels and chemicals. Now the company is trying to bring its clean tech to the masses.
CNBC. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Illinois encourages recycling of farm-chemical containers
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - Illinois agriculture officials are encouraging farmers and agrichemical facilities to save empty chemical containers for recycling late this summer. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- CBSA given new powers to seize chemicals used to make illegal opioids
Canada's border officials now have new powers to seize chemicals used to make illegal opioids. ...
CBC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
Vial holding a chemical
Related Directory Page(s)
Chemicals News Headlines and News Summaries