This Chemical news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about chemical and chemistry news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chemical stockpile that caused Beirut blast 'shipped by business with ties to Syria's Assad'
Three figures with strong ties to the Syrian government were found to have shared a London office with Savaro Ltd, which reportedly purchased the ammonium nitrate.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Police find chemicals to make explosives near San Francisco RV park, evacuate people
The San Francisco Police Department discovered chemicals to make explosives near an RV park Friday night.
ABC News. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Amazon Bans Toxic Chemicals From Its Food Packaging
Amazon has banned the use of certain chemicals in its Amazon Kitchen brand products and food packaging. The company's decision to exclude chemicals of concern only affects its private brands for now.
Forbes. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Biochemical pathway that protects cells from ferroptosis discovered
In an article published in Cell Metabolism, Moffitt Cancer Center researchers report on a newly discovered biochemical pathway that protects cells from a type of cell death called ferroptosis.
Science Daily. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- 5 Specialty Chemical Stocks to Scoop Up on Demand Revival
An upturn in demand across major end-markets such as construction and automotive instills optimism in the specialty chemical
space. DQ, ESI, CE, FSI and FOE are worth betting on right now.
Zacks. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- In Russia's Urals, Abandoned Industrial Towns Are Reclaimed By Forest
In Russia's Urals region, towns that once churned out industrial chemicals and coal are now largely abandoned. ...
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Superheroes, foods and apps bring a modern twist to the periodic table
Many students, especially non-science majors, dread chemistry
Science Daily. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- How Davante Adams became an Aaron Rodgers whisperer
Whether it's cosmic chemistry
or photographic memory, Davante Adams is in spellbinding sync with Aaron Rodgers as the Packers open the playoffs.
ESPN. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- On Factory Floors, a Chime and Flashing Light to Maintain Distance
Businesses like Henkel, a big German chemical
company, are trying wearable sensors to prevent virus outbreaks among workers.
New York Times. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- These 2 Companies Are Leading The Clean Wellness Movement
As consumers increasingly demand living free of toxic chemicals, here are two companies at the forefront of clean wellness. WTHN offers traditional healing treatments including acupuncture and herbal medicine. ...
Forbes. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Smoking marijuana exposes you to low levels of the same toxic chemicals found in tobacco smoke
Scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute looked at the level of dangerous chemicals in blood and urine of 245 volunteers who don't smoke or smoke a combination of weed or tobacco.
Daily Mail. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- The Burundian refugee soap maker who is fighting coronavirus in Kenya
student Innocent Havyarimana started a thriving business in a Kenyan refugee camp.
BBC News. Saturday, 9 Jan 2021.
- Iran Increases Uranium Enrichment at Key Nuclear Facility
The move is another a series of escalations with the United States. In another provocation, the country seized a South Korean chemical
New York Times. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Global Chemical Output Leaps for Sixth Straight Month: 5 Picks
industry has recovered from the pandemic-led slump and looks set for an upturn this year on a rebound in end-market demand. CBT, HUN, CC, PPG and CE to gain from the industry's recovery.
Zacks. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Scientists Use Iron to Turn Carbon Dioxide Into Jet Fuel
If the chemical
reaction at the heart of the process can be scaled up, it could help reduce the carbon footprint of air travel
Smithsonian. Thursday, 31 Dec 2020.
Chemicals News Headlines and News Summaries