This Chemical news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about chemical and chemistry news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Women's egg quality dependent on metabolic factors
Increasing the levels of a chemical
found in all human cells could boost a woman's fertility and help select the best eggs for IVF.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Engineers use electricity to clean up toxic water
Powerful electrochemical process destroys water contaminants, such as pesticides. Wastewater is a significant environment issue. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Oil & Gas Stock Roundup: Shell & Exxon's Q2 Updates, BP's Divestment & More
Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A) and ExxonMobil (XOM) issued updates on their upcoming Q2 earnings, while BP plc (BP) agreed to sell its global petrochemicals business for $5 billion.
Zacks. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Saudi embassy worker tells Khashoggi murder trial he saw many 'skewers of meat'
Zeki Demir, a technician who worked for the consulate, told the court today he saw skewers of meat and noticed the marble around the oven looked like it had been cleaned with a chemical
Daily Mail. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Fire At Power Station, Gas Leak At Petrochemical Plant Are Latest Incidents At Iranian Facilities
Fire broke out at an Iranian power station and chlorine gas leaked at a petrochemical plant on July 4, two new incidents in a string of fires and explosions in recent weeks at Iranian facilities.
Radio Liberty. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Dr. Reddy's Inks Deal With Two Companies for Coronavirus Drug
Dr. Reddy's (RDY) signs agreement with FUJIFILM Toyama Chemical
and Global Response Aid for Avigan tablets for the potential treatment of COVID-19.
Zacks. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Early Residents of the Pacific Northwest Smoked Smooth Sumac
Researchers used a new technique to detect the chemical
fingerprints of specific plant species in a 1,400-year-old pipe's residue
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Blind date photo shoot charms Facebook users: 'Their chemistry was amazing'
Would you have guessed it was a blind date?
Fox News. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- BP sells petrochemicals business to Ineos in $5bn deal
The oil giant said the move would help its transition to being a lower carbon firm.
BBC News. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Far-Right bomb maker, 25, caught with explosives 'is faking illness'
Filip Bednarczyk, 25, of Luton, Bedfordshire, has admitted hoarding chemicals used to make bombs and a library of terrorist propaganda.
Daily Mail. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- BP sells petchems arm for $5 billion in energy transition revamp
BP has agreed to sell its global petrochemicals business to billionaire Jim Ratcliffe's Ineos for $5 billion, pulling out of a sector widely seen as a key driver of oil demand growth in the coming decades. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- BP meets asset sale target through $5 billion divestment of petrochemical unit
BP will sell its global petrochemicals business to billionaire Jim Ratcliffe's Ineos for $5 billion, the oil major said on Monday.
CNBC. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- BP sells petrochemicals arm to Ineos in $5bn deal
BP has agreed a $5bn (£4bn) deal to sell its petrochemicals business to Sir Jim Ratcliffe's Ineos.
Sky News. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- How Facebook scammers target people at risk of suicide
Dozens of Facebook pages claim to be selling a deadly chemical
to people at risk of suicide - but it's all a fraud.
BBC News. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Trump consumer protection nominee faces stiff opposition over relaxing rules on toxic chemicals
Critics from both sides of the aisle fear Nancy Beck, nominated to lead the U.S. consumer safety regulator, would be too cozy with business interests.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
Chemicals News Headlines and News Summaries