This Chemical news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about chemical and chemistry news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- For the First Time, Researchers Find Color Red Preserved in Fossil
The fossilized rodent, dubbed 'mighty mouse', is the first to show chemical traces of a red pigment in soft tissue
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- US says there are signs Syria may be using chemical weapons, warns of quick response
The United States sees signs the Syrian government may be using chemical weapons, and warned that Washington and its allies would respond "quickly and appropriately" if this were proven.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Early life exposure to nicotine alters neurons, predisposes brain to addiction later
In a new mouse study, neonatal exposure to nicotine changed the biochemistry of reward circuitry in the brain. Researchers suggest the same mechanism may be at work in humans.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Air pollution linked to childhood anxiety
A new study looks at the correlation between exposure to traffic-related air pollution (TRAP) and childhood anxiety, by looking at the altered neurochemistry in pre-adolescents.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Should Value Investors Pick Chemical Financial (CHFC) Stock?
Is Chemical Financial (CHFC) a great pick from the value investor's perspective right now? Read on to know more.
Zacks. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Salmon farming giant Mowi probed over chemical use
The world's biggest salmon farming company is under investigation for possible misreporting of chemical use.
BBC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Here's Why You Should Hold Onto Eastman Chemical for Now
Eastman Chemical (EMN) should gain from its aggressive cost management actions amid a challenging business environment.
Zacks. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Police: Louisiana students laced teacher's drink
Authorities say two Louisiana high school students poured a chemical into a teacher's drink and filmed it on Snapchat.
Fox News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Chemical plant fire prompts warnings, bridge, road closures
Authorities say a fire at a chemical plant in New Jersey has been brought under control, but road and bridge closures remained in effect and local residents were urged to remain indoors due to potential danger from fumes
ABC News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- VA hospital evacuated due to 'unknown chemical odor' that wa urine sample dropped off by a veteran
The behavioral health center at the Hampton VA Medical Center in Virginia was evacuated on Wednesday due to a 'pungent' smell that turned out to be coming from a urine sample.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- LanzaTech aims to fuel jets and make consumer goods from recycled carbon pollution
LanzaTech has proved it can transform greenhouse gas emissions into fuels and chemicals. Now the company is trying to bring its clean tech to the masses.
CNBC. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Illinois encourages recycling of farm-chemical containers
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - Illinois agriculture officials are encouraging farmers and agrichemical facilities to save empty chemical containers for recycling late this summer. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Ohio school closes after radioactive chemicals detected
The Ohio school, next to a closed nuclear plant, is contaminated with radioactive chemicals.
BBC News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- CBSA given new powers to seize chemicals used to make illegal opioids
Canada's border officials now have new powers to seize chemicals used to make illegal opioids. ...
CBC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- From Toxic Dump To Golf Course? Russian Site Targeted For Major Cleanup
The Russian city of Dzerzhinsk, a hub for the chemical industry, is also home to one of the most polluted dump sites in the world. A complex cleanup project is under way to try to make the contaminated land usable again.
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
Vial holding a chemical
Related Directory Page(s)
Chemicals News Headlines and News Summaries