This Chef news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about chef and chefs news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Lockdown baking: 'You just need posher butter and free-range eggs'
Former Masterchef contestant Tim Kinnaird offers some top tips to improve you lockdown baking.
BBC News. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Julia Child's Genius Trick for Making Perfect Poached Eggs Every Time
If you want to know how to poach eggs without making a mess, cookbook author and celebrity chef
Julia Child has a tip that can help.
Mental Floss. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Michelin stars for gourmet takeaway chefs
Two female chefs
were the standout winners of the Michelin Guide for Great Britain and Ireland, which were announced in an online ceremony hosted by Davina McCall.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- Brewery With Acclaimed Chef Starts National Meal Delivery
Chicago craft brewery with Michelin-starred chef
begins national delivery.
Forbes. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Chef reveals you've been cooking scrambled eggs WRONG
In his book, Everyday Cook, chef
Alton Brown, from the US, said that the nation has been cooking scrambled eggs wrong. He went on to explain that the key missing ingredient is a teaspoon of mayonnaise/
Daily Mail. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- James Beard Award-Winning Pastry Chef To Offer Online Cooking Course On Chocolate Desserts
James Beard Award-winning pastry chef
Nick Malgieri is teaching a three session, live, online cooking course on chocolate desserts that will start tomorrow night, January 25.
Forbes. Sunday, 24 Jan 2021.
- Renowned Chef Jose Andres helps feed thousands of National Guard troops
Members of Congress and world-renowned Chef
Jose Andres want to make sure National Guard troops protecting the U.S. Capitol are well-fed.
ABC News. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Marcus Rashford and top chefs demand free school meals review
The footballer joins celebrities and campaigners to call for action in a letter to the prime minister.
BBC News. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- How High-End Restaurants Have Failed Black Female Chefs
Training and advancement as a chef
can be hard to find in American fine-dining restaurants, according to Black women who have tried.
New York Times. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Sick of Quarantine Cooking? New Companies Let Chefs Prepare Homemade Meals for You
Startups like Shef and WoodSpoon give Covid-impacted professional chefs
and excellent home cooks a platform for sharing their food
Smithsonian. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Chicago restaurants pivot from elegant menus to BBQ to survive pandemic
The pandemic has forced every chef
and restaurateur in Chicago to make changes. These pivots can be found in how menus are written, and what items are cooked and served.
ABC News. Sunday, 10 Jan 2021.
- The Dish: Chef Asma Khan on breaking barriers with familiar flavors
A woman who adds an extra spice to all her endeavors is being featured on the "CBS This Morning: Saturday" series The Dish. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 9 Jan 2021.
- 'True titan' chef and restaurateur Albert Roux dies aged 85
Renowned French chef
and restaurateur Albert Roux has died at the age of 85, his family has announced.
Sky News. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- The pandemic's new chefs and foodies: How the health crisis shaped what we cook and crave
Americans have made more meals at home, expanded their palates with new flavors and gravitated toward premium items during the coronavirus pandemic.
CNBC. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- Bobby Flay on creating a holiday meal fit for 2020
As Christmas approaches and news of vaccines brings hope on the horizon, the chef
and cookbook author suggests the way back to normalcy may be via our stoves.
CBS News. Sunday, 20 Dec 2020.
Chefs News Headlines and News Summaries