This Chef news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about chef and chefs news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Simple, Yet Exquisite-One Chef Guides Diners Toward a More Modern Style Of Italian Cuisine
David DiStasi of Connecticut brings his experiences with culinary giants Eric Ripert and Enrico Bertolini together in his own restaurant, on his own stage, gearing diners toward more sophisticated plates of Italian food.
Forbes. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Amid scrutiny, the James Beard Foundation awards 5 L.A. restaurants, chefs and writers
Here are all of the 2023 Los Angeles James Beard Award winners, including L.A. Times Food critic Bill Addison.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- Chicago area chefs win big at James Beard Awards
Virtue's Damarr Brown won "Emerging Chef
of the Year," and Tim Flores and Genie Kwon won "Best Chef: Great Lakes."
ABC News. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- James Beard Awards 2023: Chicago area restaurants, chefs up for culinary awards Monday night
Virtue's Damarr Brown has won "Emerging Chef
of the Year."
ABC News. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Andrew Bellucci, Pizza Visionary With a Troubled Past, Dies at 59
His obsession with recreating the original New York pizza helped revive a classic and inspire a generation of chefs
. But his ambitions led to conflicts and, once, prison.
New York Times. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- I'm a chef and you've been making Victoria sponge all wrong! Exec pastry chef Tracey Rutt tells all
EXCLUSIVE. Executive pastry chef
Tracey Rutt shares her top tips for making a sponge fit for royalty. Her advice also covers equipment, how to add the eggs, the joys of vanilla pods and ...
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Chefkoudy reveals you eat Tobelerone by pushing triangles inwards
Koudy, from the Czech Republic, revealed the triangles are supposed to be pushed together and pinched before being snapped off an be eaten.
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Bournemouth victim was fabulous young man - family
The family of 17-year-old trainee chef
Joe Abbess said he had had a "bright future ahead of him".
BBC News. Sunday, 4 Jun 2023.
- Celebrating National Soul Food Month With Celebrity Chef Carla Hall
The vivacious media star dishes on her lifelong love of soul food and some of her favorite places to eat it, with stops in Dallas, New Orleans, L.A. and her hometown ...
Forbes. Sunday, 4 Jun 2023.
- He fed farmworkers during the pandemic. Now chef Juan Sanjuan wants to make 'magic' in L.A.
The son of restaurant owners from Jalisco, Mexico, distributed burritos to essential workers during the COVID outbreak. Now he wants to help other chefs
who lost everything.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 3 Jun 2023.
- MasterChef finalist Terri: Why I made Nan's dippy eggs and soldiers
A finalist on the TV cookery show says her County Down childhood influenced her MasterChef dishes.
BBC News. Thursday, 1 Jun 2023.
- 5/27: CBS Saturday Morning
Debt ceiling deadline extended as negotiators work towards deal; The Dish: Why chef
Rob Pronk's Gourmet Cafe is worth the trip
CBS News. Saturday, 27 May 2023.
- California City Grants Celebrity Chef Exemption From Gas Stove Ban After He Threatens To Sue
'We are hopeful that the City agrees that SPG may move forward with the construction of Building EE'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 18 May 2023.
- What Made Edna Lewis the Mother of Soul Food
The Virginia-born chef
did more than anyone to elevate Southern food to haute cuisine
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 16 May 2023.
- Wall Street Analysts Think Chefs' Warehouse (CHEF) Could Surge 42.06%: Read This Before Placing a Bet
The consensus price target hints at a 42.1% upside potential for Chefs' Warehouse (CHEF). ...
Zacks. Friday, 5 May 2023.
Chefs News Headlines and News Summaries