This Chef news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about chef and chefs news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Actress joins list of Mario Batali's accusers
Mario Batali is out of the kitchen and off the air. Five women have now claimed he sexually harassed them. On Monday Eater published the accounts of four women who accuse Batali of groping. Bianna Golodryga reports.
CBS News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Chef Ahktar Nawab on new cookbook, diversity of dishes
Ahktar Nawab is a first-generation Indian-American with classical training in Italian and French and is now known for his Mexican cuisine. He worked in some of New York's best-known restaurants before venturing out on his own. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Llandudno chef killed himself after twice losing his job in lockdown and his home, inquest rules
Neil Crowther (pictured), 45, from Llandudno, lost his jobs and his accommodation and on the second occasion was not eligible for furlough payments.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Chicago chef Beverly Kim inspires national #DoughSomething movement to stop Asian hate
"I was just thinking about how dehumanizing all of this is. This is not the way to live in America," Chef
Beverly Kim said. "I just started thinking, what can I do?"
ABC News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Bear of the Day: Tattooed Chef (TTCF)
Bear of the Day: Tattooed Chef
Zacks. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Mark Wahlberg's chef reveals extreme '7,000 calorie a day diet' for star's new film role
Remember Mark Wahlberg's gruelling daily routine that involved 2.30am wake-ups and cryo chamber recovery to get over his punishing workouts?
Sky News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- The Chef Using Historical Records and Intensive Research to Revitalize Ozark Cuisine
Rob Connoley, a self-taught and James Beard Award-nominated chef, is on a mission to define Ozark cuisine, a murky and often-overlooked food tradition.
Mental Floss. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Roni Mazumdar: New York City Restaurateur, Reimagining Indian Food
Indeed, Mazumdar currently operates Rahi, Adda Indian Canteen, and in mid-February, opened Dhamaka in Manhattan, in concert with chef
Chintan Pandya. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Celebrity chef Rachel Khoo recalls her travel adventures, from Paris to Stockholm
This week celebrity chef
Rachel Khoo checks into our travel Q&A. She recalls some of her foodie adventures, plus her earliest holiday memory, most memorable trip - and more.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Himalaya Restaurant: a Texas twist on Indian classics!
fuses the flavors of India and Pakistan with southern favorites!
ABC News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Dirty Vegan star nears end of cross-Atlantic row
Matt Pritchard rows the Atlantic Ocean in a four-man crew's charity challenge.
BBC News. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Marcus Rashford and Tom Kerridge launch cooking campaign
The Manchester United star has teamed up with chef
Tom Kerridge to promote healthy home cooking.
BBC News. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Garcetti's big plans for L.A. restaurants and food carts
Mayor Eric Garcetti is proposing millions of dollars in restaurant aid and new programs to help street vendors and other struggling chefs
and restaurateurs to avert fees, red tape and other logistical hurdles in the wake of COVID-19.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- Pandemic-weary chefs, cooks enjoy serving from home
Many laid-off chefs
or idle restaurant workers have pivoted to dishing out food with a taste of home. Some have found their entrepreneurial side, slinging culinary creations from their own kitchens.
Fox News. Sunday, 11 Apr 2021.
- These Are The Cultural Movers And Makers Of Forbes 30 Under 30 Europe
These artists, designers, models, chefs
and performers are the most successful young European creatives.
Forbes. Wednesday, 7 Apr 2021.
Chefs News Headlines and News Summaries