This Cemetery news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cemetery and cemeteries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Pet Cemeteries Reveal Evolution of Humans' Relationships With Furry Friends
By analyzing a thousand tombstones, an archaeologist revealed how animals evolved from companions to family in just 100 years
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Twelve Artworks and the Spooky Movies They Bring to Mind
Undead animals, creepy kitties, cyanotype cemeteries
and other ghouls and creepy stuff to be found at the Smithsonian American Art Museum
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Self-cloning mutant crayfish are invading a Belgian cemetery
Self-cloning mutant crayfish are invading a Belgian cemetery
. The marbled crayfish produces asexually, allowing populations to grow rapidly that can destroy the local biodiversity.
Daily Mail. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Volunteers Take Part in Annual Memorial and Clean-Up Day at Oakland Cemetery in Dallas
Volunteers are taking part in the Annual Memorial and Clean-Up Day at Oakland Cemetery
in Dallas on Friday.
NBC. Friday, Oct 23 2020.
- Treasure hunter caught digging in Yellowstone cemetery is indicted by federal grand jury
A Utah man has been formally indicted on charges of unlawfully excavating and damaging the Fort Yellowstone Cemetery
in Wyoming between Oct. 2019 and May 2020.
Fox News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Treasure hunter dug through Yellowstone cemetery looking for famous bounty, feds say
He was allegedly seeking the coveted Forrest Fenn treasure, officials said.
Yahoo. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Mass Grave Unearthed in Tulsa During Search for Massacre Victims
An excavation found 11 coffins in Oaklawn Cemetery, but painstaking work will be required to identify whether the remains are from Black victims of the 1921 race massacre.
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Ten bodies are found in unmarked mass grave in search for 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre victims
Ten coffins were discovered in Oaklawn Cemetery
in Tulsa Wednesday with what is presumed to be one person in each, Oklahoma state archaeologist Kary Stackelbeck said.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Human remains found at burial site linked to 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre
One set of human remains, and perhaps a second, have been found in a Tulsa cemetery
where investigators are searching for victims of the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre, Oklahoma state archaeologist Kary Stackelbeck said Tuesday.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Justice Ginsburg buried at Arlington in private ceremony
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was buried Tuesday in a private ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery, laid to rest beside her husband and near some of her former colleagues on the court. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- Headstones spray painted in historically Black cemetery in Austin
"This is not just a random act of vandalism, there is a purpose, there is a purpose behind this," says family member of several people buried there.
CBS News. Tuesday, 22 Sep 2020.
- Plans for Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's funeral services underway
Her family plans to hold a private funeral at Arlington National Cemetery, where Ginsburg will be buried next to her husband Marty.
ABC News. Sunday, 20 Sep 2020.
- Franco: Spain seeks to transform monument into civilian cemetery
The government intends to transform a monument to the fascist dictator into a civilian cemetery
BBC News. Tuesday, 15 Sep 2020.
- Arlington National Cemetery is running out of room
This week on "The Takeout," Karen Durham-Aguilera, executive director Army National Military Cemeteries, talks with Major Garrett about how the cemetery
may change the standards for burial at Arlington
CBS News. Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020.
- President Trump denies calling US war dead 'losers,' 'suckers'
Trump is denying he made several disparaging remarks, including allegations that he described American war dead at a cemetery
as "losers" and "suckers."
ABC News. Friday, 4 Sep 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries