This Cemetery news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about cemetery and cemeteries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Tom Cotton to Newsmax TV: 'Few More Honorable' Missions Than Old Guard at Arlington
There were "few more honorable" missions on which Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., served than his time in the Army's "Old Guard" at Arlington National Cemetery, the war veteran told Newsmax TV's "Newsmax Now."
Newsmax. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Sen. Tom Cotton on China tariffs: "There will be some sacrifice on the part of Americans"
The changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington National Cemetery is one of the many roles of the Army's Old Guard. ...
CBS News. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- On Mother's Day In Puerto Rico, Hope To Visit A Mother's Grave Turns To Anguish
The municipal cemetery in Lares, Puerto Rico, has been closed since Hurricane Maria hit. Residents flocked to visit when a portion of the cemetery was opened for Mother's Day, but many were unable to reach their loved ones' graves.
NPR. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- NTX Cemetery Helps Families Honor, Connect With Mothers
A North Texas cemetery took time Sunday to help families honor and connect with their mothers on Mother's Day.
NBC. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- A Wine-Soaked Ball Unites a Georgian Village, but Only After Dividing It
Every spring in Shukhuti, a black leather ball is sewn together to play Lelo Burti, a brutally physical folk game. The winners carry it straight to the cemetery.
New York Times. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- World War Two mortuary found in overgrown Wrexham cemetery
Conservationists hope to open the building to the public after it was left undisturbed for 70 years.
BBC News. Friday, 3 May 2019.
- Alaska's indigenous people feel the heat of climate change
The cemetery has already been moved twice, the old school is underwater and the new one is facing the same fate as erosion constantly eats away at the land in Napakiak. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- Efforts to Uncover History in Historically Black Plano Cemeteries
For decades, two old cemeteries in the Douglass Community, a historically African American neighborhood in Plano, had fallen into disrepair. But, volunteers over the last four years have worked to ...
NBC. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- In a neglected cemetery lie black jockeys who helped create the Kentucky Derby
Tucked off a quiet two-lane road in Lexington, you'll find African Cemetery No. 2, the burial site of many of Kentucky's first - yet least remembered - jockeys and horse trainers.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- French far-right leader Le Pen blasts EU's "broken promises"
French far-right leader Marine Le Pen has described the European Union as a "cemetery of broken promises" at a campaign rally for the European Parliament elections.
Fox News. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- Mother of two brothers who died from rare illness urges vandals who damaged their grave to say sorry
Harry and Cody Churchill, aged three and 21 months, both had a rare illness and died within days of each other in 2013. Toys and mementos from their grave at Poole Cemetery, Dorset were discovered damaged.
Daily Mail. Friday, 26 Apr 2019.
- Service Corporation Q1 Earnings Beat Estimates, Sales Miss
Service Corporation (SCI) Q1 results gained from strong performance in the cemetery category. However, lower funeral revenues impacted the company's performance.
Zacks. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
- The Cemeteries of Holy Week
It is clockwork. Virtually every year, you can count on it. Holy Week is the most dangerous week of the year to be a Christian.
American Thinker. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- Italy: Gravestone maker accused of hiding drugs at cemetery
Italian police say officers found more than a kilogram (2.4 pounds) of cocaine allegedly hidden at a Rome cemetery and arrested a 42-year-old gravestone maker
ABC News. Thursday, 18 Apr 2019.
- Italy: Gravestone maker suspected of cemetery drug stash
Italian police say they have arrested a 42-year-old gravestone maker after they found more than a kilogram (2.4 pounds) of cocaine hidden in two burial chambers at a Rome cemetery.
Fox News. Thursday, 18 Apr 2019.
Headstones in a cemetery
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries