This Cell Phone news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cell phone and cellphone news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Government orders phone companies to block spam, robocalls to your cell phone
You may soon get fewer robocalls to your cell phone, thanks to a new government mandate to phone companies. But experts say slow technology implementation mean there is still work to be done.
ABC News. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Texas man charged for 'sending threatening, racist messages to Baltimore Health Commissioner'
Scott Eli Harris, 51, of Aubrey Texas, appeared at District Court in Maryland on charges of sending threatening and racist messages via cellphone
to CNN analyst Doctor Leana Wen in July 2020.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Nurse Dies After She Is Knocked to Ground in Times Square
Maria Ambrocio, 58, who worked through the pandemic in a New Jersey hospital, was knocked down by a man who was fleeing after snatching a cellphone, the police said.
New York Times. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- New York City man brutally beaten outside of 7-Eleven, robbed of bike
A man was brutally beaten outside a New York City 7-Eleven store Monday and robbed of his cellphone
and bicycle, police said.
Fox News. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- NYC thief robs a 10-year-old of her cell phone, takes off on a pink bicycle with butterflies on it
A thief robbed a 10-year-old girl of her cell phone
in Queens on Wednesday, and then made a getaway on a pink children's bike with butterflies on it.
Daily Mail. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- NYC thief on pink bicycle with butterflies robs girl, 10, for cell phone, police say
A thief riding a pink bicycle with butterflies on it in New York City robbed a 10-year-old girl of her cell phone
before peddling away Wednesday, police said.
Fox News. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- Watch: Thieves steal $66K in Louis Vuitton bags from Northbrook Court Mall, police say
The alleged offenders can be seen on cellphone
video running out of the store.
ABC News. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- George Holliday, Who Taped Police Beating of Rodney King, Dies at 61
His shocking video, which played a key role in the prosecution of four officers, presaged the now-common use of cellphones to capture police abuse.
New York Times. Wednesday, 22 Sep 2021.
- 9 Oakland police officers disciplined over racist, sexist social media posts
An investigation showed the group shared offensive content online while using their work cellphones.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 20 Sep 2021.
- Latest study on possible links between cellphones, cancer
New evidence has emerged about whether there is any connection between cellphone
use and an increase in the chance of developing cancer. Anna Werner reports on the latest findings.
CBS News. Friday, 17 Sep 2021.
- After camera found in girls bathroom at Rancho Cucamonga school, ex-coach charged with child porn
The hidden camera, which was discovered by another school staff member, looked like a cellphone
charger that had been plugged into a bathroom wall, attorneys said.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 9 Sep 2021.
- Former Prosecutor Indicted on Misconduct Charges in Arbery Case
The indictment resulted from an investigation requested last year into local prosecutors' handling of Ahmaud Arbery's slaying after a cellphone
video of the shooting and a delay in charges sparked a national outcry.
Voice of America. Thursday, 2 Sep 2021.
- Best phone mount for cars 2021: Cradle your cell phone the easy way with these tried and tested picks
We're routinely testing and rating new products, but our Top Pick is currently the Vicseed Car Phone Mount. We also recommend options from Artech, Yosh,
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 26 Aug 2021.
- At least 22 killed and more than 50 missing in Tennessee flood
The flooding in rural areas took out roads, cellphone
towers and telephone lines, leaving families uncertain about whether their loved ones survived the unprecedented deluge.
CBS News. Monday, 23 Aug 2021.
- Nokia revives the iconic 6310 cell phone (the one with the 'snake'!)
The Finnish brand appeals to the nostalgia of its users by reviving its "retro" models.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
Cell Phones News Headlines and News Summaries