This Cell Phone news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cell phone and cellphone news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Surfing attack' hacks Siri, Google with ultrasonic waves
Using ultrasound waves propagating through a solid surface, researchers were able to read text messages and make fraudulent calls on a cellphone
sitting on a desk up to 30 feet away.
Science Daily. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Pope Francis urges Catholics to disconnect from cellphones for Lent - CNET
The pope would like to see Catholics prioritize the Gospels over technology.
CNET. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Florida high school baseball coach is fired after video showed him use profanities in team speech
Seminole High School baseball team head coach Kenne Brown was fired this month after the Florida district became aware of cell phone
footage of him swearing while holding the trophy in June 2019.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- Cell phone calls to 911 systems not working in parts of Utah
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Emergency authorities in Utah say cell phone
calls to 911 were connecting only intermittently on Saturday. Authorities urged people with emergencies to send texts or call alternate numbers. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 22 Feb 2020.
- Dramatic moment Good Samaritan pulls a driver from a burning truck
Jim Angulo was on the I-95 in Miami at around 2pm on Wednesday when he saw the flaming vehicle. He said: 'I saw 20 people with their cellphones not doing nothing, and I said, "It's on me."'
Daily Mail. Friday, 14 Feb 2020.
- Thyroid cancer, genetic variations, cell phones linked in new study
New research finds that radiation from cell phones is associated with higher rates of thyroid cancer among people with genetic variations in specific genes.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 12 Feb 2020.
- T-Mobile's $26.5 billion Sprint merger approved by judge
The judge rejected objections from some states that the merger would result in higher cell phone
bills for consumers.
CBS News. Tuesday, 11 Feb 2020.
- Cellphone of missing Idaho teen Tylee Ryan found
belonging to missing Idaho teen Tylee Ryan has been found, CBS News has learned. Ryan and her 7-year-old brother JJ Vallow were last seen in September. ...
CBS News. Monday, 10 Feb 2020.
- 'A stupid cellphone': Regrets after distracted driving crash
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Kira Hudson was driving, but her attention was on her phone conversation. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 8 Feb 2020.
- Lynwood police: Man charged in fatal shooting near roller rink after cell phone stolen, police say
Lynwood police said a man has been charged with murder after police said he fatally shot another man who robbed him a popular roller skating rink last week
ABC News. Tuesday, 4 Feb 2020.
- Lynwood police: Man fatally shot after stealing cell phone near Sport Center
Lynwood police said a man was shot and killed after a cell phone
robbery near a popular roller skating rink Tuesday night.
ABC News. Wednesday, 29 Jan 2020.
- Business Idea of the Day: Cannabis Business PR
Passion, a cell phone
and a laptop is all you need to get started.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- Judge threatens to jail Harvey Weinstein for using cellphone in court during #MeToo rape case
Harvey Weinstein is accused in the case pending in Manhattan Criminal Court of raping one of the women in a Manhattan hotel room in 2013 and of forcibly performing a sexual act on another woman in 2006.
CNBC. Tuesday, 7 Jan 2020.
- Judge Reportedly Scolds Harvey Weinstein Mid-Trial For Using His Cellphone
'Mr. Weinstein...is this really the way that you want to land up in jail for the rest of your life'
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 7 Jan 2020.
- Why People Get Angry Over Cellphones On Public Transportation
A new bastion of civility could soon be breached with the widespread use of personal cellphones on flight.
Forbes. Tuesday, 31 Dec 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries