This Cell Phone news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cell phone and cellphone news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Hungary's Orban, Serbia's Vucic seize greater authority amid coronavirus lockdowns
In ex-communist Eastern Europe and elsewhere, populist leaders are introducing harsh measures including uncontrolled cellphone
surveillance of their citizens and lengthy jail sentences for those who flout lockdown decrees.
CBC News. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Steven Mnuchin wins praise for Coronavirus stimulus bill negotiations
Alfredo Ortiz, president and CEO of the conservative Job Creators Network, didn't recognize the number on his ringing cellphone, so he didn't answer. The voicemail surprised him. It was Treasury Secretary Steven T. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 29 Mar 2020.
- Driving Safely In The Time Of Coronavirus And Why It Matters
Buckling-up, driving slower, putting down the cell phone
and not driving while under the influence can help save the lives of drivers and passengers, and reduce the impact of Covid-19.
Forbes. Sunday, 29 Mar 2020.
- Government is tracking Americans' cell phones to see how they move and spread coronavirus
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, state and local governments have started reviewing data about the presence and movement of people from certain areas.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 29 Mar 2020.
- Why cellphone tracking is the wrong way to try and contain COVID-19 at this point
Now that community spread of the virus has taken hold in Canada, scarce resources are better allocated to address the COVID-19 public health crisis directly, writes Christian Leuprecht.
CBC News. Saturday, 28 Mar 2020.
- Cell phone data shows Spring Break partygoers traveled across US
A heat map created by Tectonix GEO and X-Mode tracked Spring Breakers cell phone
data to see where they traveled after the parties, potentially tracking coronavirus spread.
Daily Mail. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- Could Cellphone Radiation Raise Risk of ADHD?
Pregnant women exposed to high levels of radiation from cellphones, microwaves, and Wi-Fi may be increasing their baby's risk for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), a new study suggests.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020.
- Your phone may be harboring coronavirus. Here's how to clean it.
Cellphones are a magnet for potentially harmful bacteria.
CBS News. Tuesday, 17 Mar 2020.
- Meet Sharkchaser: The Brand That Launched Technology In Harmony With Design Aesthetics And Functionality.
Sharkchaser, the DTC luxury handbag company launches first luxury handbag collection featuring unique materials that protect our bodies from harmful cell phone
Forbes. Friday, 13 Mar 2020.
- Texas police document evidence at murder scene
Body camera video shows Maypearl, Texas, Police Chief Boyd Norton taking important cellphone
photos shortly after arriving to investigate the shooting death of Jon Garner on January 2, 2018.
CBS News. Sunday, 8 Mar 2020.
- 'Surfing attack' hacks Siri, Google with ultrasonic waves
Using ultrasound waves propagating through a solid surface, researchers were able to read text messages and make fraudulent calls on a cellphone
sitting on a desk up to 30 feet away.
Science Daily. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Pope Francis urges Catholics to disconnect from cellphones for Lent - CNET
The pope would like to see Catholics prioritize the Gospels over technology.
CNET. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Cell phone calls to 911 systems not working in parts of Utah
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Emergency authorities in Utah say cell phone
calls to 911 were connecting only intermittently on Saturday. Authorities urged people with emergencies to send texts or call alternate numbers. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 22 Feb 2020.
- Thyroid cancer, genetic variations, cell phones linked in new study
New research finds that radiation from cell phones is associated with higher rates of thyroid cancer among people with genetic variations in specific genes.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 12 Feb 2020.
- Lynwood police: Man charged in fatal shooting near roller rink after cell phone stolen, police say
Lynwood police said a man has been charged with murder after police said he fatally shot another man who robbed him a popular roller skating rink last week
ABC News. Tuesday, 4 Feb 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries