This Cell Phone news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cell phone and cellphone news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Supreme Court upholds federal ban on robocalls to cell phones
The Supreme Court on Monday upheld a ban on robocalls to cellphones, while also throwing out a congressionally-created exception that had allowed the calls for collection of government debt.
Fox News. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Supreme Court won't throw out ban on robocalls to cellphones
A group of fundraisers, political organizations and pollsters filed a lawsuit alleging the prohibition was unconstitutional.
Yahoo. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- CNN Brazil Reporter Bruna Macedo Robbed At Knifepoint During Live Segment
Reporter Bruna Macedo handed over two cell phones
Daily Caller. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- US prisoners post videos on TIKTOK with contraband cell phones
Prisoners have long used contraband cell phones, though being caught with one could add to their sentence. Some are using them for social media and have posted popular videos on TikTok.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- New Indiana state laws ban drivers holding phones, raise marriage age requirements starting July 1
Using a handheld cellphone
while driving will become illegal in Indiana under a new state law taking effect this week.
ABC News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus US: BLM protests 'haven't caused spike in cases'
A new study used cellphone
data to track protests held in 280 large cities across the US and found no evidence that the demonstrations caused significant increases in COVID-19 cases.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Cellphone data used to find remains of missing Idaho kids
Newly released court documents reveal that authorities in Idaho used data from the cellphone
of Lori Vallow's brother to locate the remains of her two missing children. Jonathan Vigliotti reports.
CBS News. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- Lori Vallow case: Cellphone pings helped find missing Idaho kids' bodies on stepdad's property, documents say
Neighbors also confirmed they saw fires on the property around Sept. 6 and 9, which they said was unusual.
ABC News. Sunday, 21 Jun 2020.
- To make a good impression, leave cell phone alone during work meetings
New hires especially should keep their cell phones stashed away during business meetings, a new study strongly implies. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Protests Live Updates: Atlanta Police Chief Resigns After Officer Kills Black Man
Rayshard Brooks, 27, struggled with police officers after failing a sobriety test, the authorities said, then was fatally shot. Cellphone
video appeared to show him running away.
New York Times. Saturday, 13 Jun 2020.
- Knicks owner James Dolan finally releases statement on George Floyd's death
New York Knicks owner James Dolan broke his silence on the death of George Floyd, the Minneapolis man who died in police custody May 25 after an officer kneeled on his neck for more than eight minutes in a moment caught on cellphone
Fox News. Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020.
- Israel halts coronavirus cellphone surveillance, official says
Israel's internal security service Shin Bet has halted its cell-phone tracking of coronavirus carriers, an official said on Tuesday, citing the success of alternatives to the controversial method of containing contagions.
Reuters. Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020.
- A Crisis That Began With an Image of Police Violence Keeps Providing More
Chaos in the streets and the ubiquity of cellphones have created a disturbing array of videos reflecting violent police behavior.
New York Times. Friday, 5 Jun 2020.
- Three white men to face Georgia judge in death of Ahmaud Arbery
Three white men charged with the murder of an unarmed black man in Georgia will face a judge Thursday morning in a case that caused a national outcry after cellphone
video of the shooting was leaked on social media.
Reuters. Thursday, 4 Jun 2020.
- The DOJ is closing its insider trading inquiries into 3 senators but is still investigating GOP Sen. Richard Burr
Burr stepped down as chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee last week after it surfaced that the FBI had seized a cell phone
belonging to him.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 26 May 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries