This Cell Phone news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about cell phone and cellphone news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Tensions flare in Texas Capitol over new Sandra Bland video
Texas authorities say they didn't withhold a 39-second cellphone video taken by Sandra Bland during her confrontational traffic stop in 2015
ABC News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Police sergeant fired after video shows him slamming, deploying stun gun on woman
A cell phone video captured the officer slamming Maggie Thomas to the ground.
ABC News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Video shows police putting "spit mask" on 12-year-old boy
A cellphone video showing Sacramento police detaining a 12-year-old boy and putting a "spit mask" over his head is going viral. The boy's mother is demanding an apology over how her son was treated, CBS Sacramento reports.
CBS News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- UK cell phone operators pause launch of Huawei's 5G phones amid US pressure
U.K. cell phone network operators EE and Vodafone are temporarily putting the launch of 5G smartphones from Huawei on hold.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- The UK's biggest cell phone operator pauses launch of Huawei's 5G phones
EE will put the launch of Huawei 5G devices on pause as the U.S. places renewed political pressure on the Chinese telecommunications giant.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Virginia software startup to expand, create 40 jobs
BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) - A Virginia software startup is expanding its operations and adding 40 new jobs. Blacksburg-based Ozmo builds software used in troubleshooting problems with cellphones and other devices. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Best wireless headphones for making calls - CNET
The microphone and communications features are better on some wireless headphones than others. Here are some our current favorites for making cellphone calls.
CNET. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- WSJ: Huawei Crackdown Will Hit Silicon Valley
A U.S. crackdown on Chinese cell phone maker Huawei could impact Silicon Valley and other areas of the United States that work in the mobile communications industry, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Newsmax. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Officer fatally shoots woman in altercation over taser
A police officer in Texas has been put on leave after shooting and killing a woman. The violent confrontation was recorded on a cellphone. Mireya Villarreal has the story.
CBS News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Michigan man charged with murder in fatal beating of 2 women
A man has been charged with murder in the deaths of two women who were found fatally beaten after he allegedly showed cellphone photos of the bodies to police during a traffic stop in mid-Michigan.
Fox News. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Anger at early hours Amber Alert on cellphones shows education needed, experts say
Anger at cellphone Amber Alerts that rouse people from their sleep is misplaced and shows the need for more public education, observers said on Tuesday.
CBC News. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- A step for a promising new battery to store clean energy
Researchers have built a more efficient, more reliable potassium-oxygen battery, a step toward a potential solution for energy storage on the nation's power grid and longer-lasting batteries in cell phones and laptops.
Science Daily. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- GPS stalkers, lethal cell phones, incognito issues, and more: Tech Q&A
Everything you need to know about GPS trackers, and more.
Fox News. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- David Beckham Gets Six-Month Driving Ban for Using Phone at Wheel
Retired soccer star David Beckham can't drive for six months in his native England after being caught using his cell phone behind the wheel.He pleaded guilty to using his phone while driving his Bentley last Nov. 21 in London. ...
Newsmax. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Truck driver who killed couple on the way to their WEDDING is charged with vehicular homicide
State police said Jaspreet Singh Chahal, 24, of Fresno, was distracted while talking on his cellphone, while the didtrict attorney said they believe he never even braked.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
Vintage cell phone ready for use
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries