This Carbon news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about carbon news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Mother whose children were hospitalised by 'carbon monoxide leak' SUED by landlord over unpaid rent
Shantelle Williams said the house, in Kirkby, had mounds of rubbish, including hypodermic needles, dumped in the garden, the doors and windows were broken and the boiler did not work.
Daily Mail. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Thomas Hill carbon monoxide death: Fatal accident probe is launched into 2015 death of student
Thomas Hill, 18, was found unconscious at Glenmark Cottage, near Tarfside, in Angus, where faulty gas heaters were found. Now a fatal accident inquiry will be held into his death in October 2015.
Daily Mail. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Fortescue: Firm owned by Australia's richest man buys Williams F1 battery arm
Fortescue Metals says the deal will help it to achieve its target to be carbon
neutral by 2030.
BBC News. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- GM Planning $6.5 Billion Investment In Michigan Electric Vehicle Plants, State Says
General Motors is aiming to eliminate tailpipe emissions by 2035 and to become carbon
neutral by 2040.
Forbes. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- Why Carbon Credit ETFs Soared in 2021
We discuss investing in carbon
markets and China tech stocks.
Zacks. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Net zero targets could cause more unrest and division than Brexit, Tory MP warns
emissions targets could be "bigger than Brexit" for the potential of causing unrest, and division in the country, an organising member of the Net Zero Scrutiny Group of MPs has warned.
Sky News. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- The people moving from high to low-carbon careers
A growing number of people are changing to more environmentally-friendly jobs.
BBC News. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Is Saint-Gobain Serious About Reducing Their Carbon Footprint?
Greenwashing is rampant in industry. There are a few simple questions that can be asked that help determine how serious a company is about reducing their carbon
footprint. How serious is St. Gobain?
Forbes. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Three former SpaceX engineers are designing self-powered electric freight train cars
Parallel Systems hopes to make the freight train system more efficient while reducing carbon
CNBC. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Government clean-coal projects flopped, federal watchdog finds
U.S. is investing billions in "carbon capture" technologies. So far, there's not much to show for it.
CBS News. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- 'Intriguing' Carbon Isotopes on Mars Could Be From Cosmic Dust, UV Radiation or Ancient Life
NASA scientists compared the data to chemical signatures of biological processes on Earth and found some similarities to billion-year-old microbes
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Exxon lays out plan to reduce carbon emissions from its plants
Caveat: Plan excludes emissions from customers burning oil and gas, which account for most of Exxon's climate impact.
CBS News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- EV Roundup: TSLA-Talon Deal, NIO-Baosteel Pact & More
While Tesla (TSLA) secures a nickel supply agreement with Talon, NIO's deal with Baosteel aims at solidifying their cooperation in zero-carbon areas.
Zacks. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Hydrogen power is gaining momentum, but critics say it's neither efficient nor green enough
Hydrogen is a controversial part of decarbonization energy plans. Here's how hydrogen works and why the way it is produced matters.
CNBC. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Energy Department Burned Through Nearly $1 Billion On Failed Projects Intended To Cut Carbon Emissions
'Greater oversight and accountability'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
Carbon Products News Headlines and News Summaries