This Carbon news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about carbon news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Intense Arctic Wildfires Set a Pollution Record
High temperatures and dry soil mean ideal conditions for fires. Blazes in June produced more carbon
emissions than any other fires in almost two decades of monitoring.
New York Times. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Siberian Arctic sees record average temperatures
The heat in June helped fan wildfires and released 59m tonnes of carbon
dioxide, scientists say.
BBC News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- White dwarfs reveal new insights into the origin of carbon in the universe
A new analysis of white dwarf stars supports their role as a key source of carbon
in galaxies. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Machine learning reveals vulnerabilities in 3D-printed carbon-fiber composites
Components made of glass- and carbon- fiber reinforced composites, soaring in high-performance applications, can be 3D printed. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Storing Heat Energy Offers $300bn Opportunity To Cut Carbon Emissions
The market for heat storage is more than three times the size of the utility scale electricity storage market, at about $300 billion, according to Aurora Research. ...
Forbes. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Carbon monoxide 'likely' to have affected New Year's Eve crash pilot
A pilot whose seaplane crashed in 2017 killing five Britons is likely to have had his ability to fly impaired by carbon
monoxide, according to investigators.
Sky News. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Inquiry into seaplane crash that killed millionaire Richard Cousins finds pilot choked on toxic gas
The Australian Transport Safety Bureau on Friday revealed pilot Gareth Morgan was most likely incapacitated by carbon
monoxide poisoning before crashing.
Daily Mail. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Is iShares MSCI ACWI Low Carbon Target ETF (CRBN) a Strong ETF Right Now?
Smart Beta ETF report for CRBN
Zacks. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Government must fulfil £9bn pledge to decarbonise homes, campaigners say
The government needs to decarbonise UK homes if it is serious about a green building programme after the coronavirus outbreak, climate change campaigners have said.
Sky News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Climate change: UK could hit 40C 'regularly' by end of this century
Britain could see temperatures up to 40C every few years by 2100 if carbon
emissions stay very high.
BBC News. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Alabama mayor resigns after controversial BLM Facebook post
Hill Mayor Mark Chambers submitted his resignation letter to the city clerk on Saturday. The motion hasn't been approved by the city council yet with a meeting set for Wednesday.
Daily Mail. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Fortis (FTS) to Trim Emissions From Tucson Electric Power
Fortis (FTS) intends to curb 80% carbon
emission from its Tucson Electric Power by 2035.
Zacks. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- John J. Mooney, an Inventor of the Catalytic Converter, Dies at 90
The device he developed with a colleague in the 1970s has prevented billions of tons of carbon
emissions from being spewed by cars, trucks and lawn mowers.
New York Times. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Federal Regulator Calls For Closer Look At Carbon Pricing: Why That Matters
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission is calling for a closer look at how operators of competitive wholesale electricity markets can incorporate carbon
pricing into their markets. ...
Forbes. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Yep, Amazon Renamed a Sports Venue in Seattle 'Climate Pledge Arena'
Amazon says the 18,000-seat venue formerly known as KeyArena is being renovated to become the first net zero carbon
sports arena in the world.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
Carbon Products News Headlines and News Summaries