This Carbon news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about carbon news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- GEVO Gears Up to Release Q1 Earnings: What's in the Cards?
GEVO Q1 results are expected to be hurt by reduced ethanol production and hydrocarbon sales.
Zacks. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Connection And Carbon Offsets: Rethinking Business Travel Post-Covid-19
Some studies are projecting post-pandemic business travel will be cut back between 30% and 50%. On one hand, this is great for our impending climate crisis. Yet it raises the question: How does this impact our respective businesses?
Forbes. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- ESG investing to reach $1 trillion by 2030, says head of iShares Americas as carbon transition funds launch
As money pours into environmental, social and governance (ESG) investments, BlackRock's head of iShares Americas says this is just the beginning.
CNBC. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- This girl's creation could help kids in cities she's never visited
A 12 year-old science wiz in Colorado saw a problem and invented a solution that could prevent a lot of kids from getting sick. Her device can detect lead in water within seconds using carbon
molecules. Adriana Diaz reports.
CBS News. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm floats federal subsidies for nuclear power plants
The Biden administration is floating federal support for the nuclear power industry in a bid to boost carbon-free energy to meet its emissions goals.
Fox News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Kidde recalls thousands of smoke detectors
About 226,000 smoke/carbon monoxide alarms were recalled after the Consumer Product Safety Commission said they fail to give alerts about fires.
ABC News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Orion Engineered Carbons (OEC) Q1 Earnings and Revenues Top Estimates
Orion Engineered Carbons (OEC) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 13.33% and 13.82%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Goodwings Turns Travel Net Zero
Travel and tourism contributes significantly to carbon
emission totals. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Boycott threatened over Shell's sponsorship of Science Museum carbon capture exhibition
Climate activists say they'll call for people to boycott a new exhibition at London's Science Museum if the oil company Shell isn't dropped as a major sponsor.
Sky News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- What the solar eclipse might teach us about the sun and moon
Tens of thousands went to Southern Illinois University in Carbondale to watch the total eclipse. Some were there for the fun, while others went for the science. Adriana Diaz reports on what scientists hoped to learn.
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Rewilding our OCEANS will be 'as important as reforestation' in achieving net-zero
In a new report, the Marine Conservation Society (MCS) and Rewilding Britain highlight that Britain's coastal waters store more carbon
than UK forests.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- China's push to cut carbon emissions boosts risks for part of the country
Fifteen regions in the northern half of China account for a growing majority of national bond defaults, according to Nomura.
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- E.P.A. to Announce Sharp Limits on Powerful Greenhouse Gases
The Biden administration is moving quickly to limit hydrofluorocarbons, the Earth-warming chemicals used in air-conditioning and refrigeration.
New York Times. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Rewilding UK's seas is 'as urgent as restoring forests' in reducing emissions, campaigners say
Restoring the seas around Britain is as important to achieving net zero carbon
emissions as reforesting, campaigners have said.
Sky News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Carbon: How calls for climate justice are shaking the world
Young activists are breathing new life into the long-running debate over how to cut carbon
BBC News. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
Carbon Products News Headlines and News Summaries