This Carbon news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about carbon news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Halliburton Conducts First Electric Frac Job for Cimarex
Halliburton (HAL) deploys the industry's first electric grid-powered fracturing operation for Cimarex (XEC) and aims to offer low carbon-intensive solutions for the entire energy industry.
Zacks. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Third homegrown coronavirus variant found in U.S. as researchers say first emerged in Texas in MAY
Researchers from from Southern Illinois University Carbondale say the earliest appearance of new variant, called 20C-U, was in Texas in May 2020 and is most highly prevalent in the Upper Midwest.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- ALLETE's (ALE) Unit Aims to Provide 100% Clean Energy by 2050
ALLETE's (ALE) subsidiary Minnesota Power sets a target to provide completely carbon-free, more reliable and affordable energy to customers by 2050.
Zacks. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- SolarEV City concept: Building the next urban power and mobility systems
Cities are responsible for 60-70% of energy-related CO2 emissions. As the world is increasingly urbanized, it is crucial to identify cost-effective pathways to decarbonize. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Earth to reach temperature tipping point in next 20 to 30 years, new study finds
An international team looked at 20 years of data from throughout the world and found that record-breaking temperatures are contributing to a significant decrease in plants' ability to absorb human-caused carbon
Science Daily. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- China unveils prototype of 385mph 'super bullet maglev train'
The lightweight, carbon-fibre locomotive rolled off the production line and made its debut at a ceremony in the south-western city of Chengdu on Wednesday.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- 2021 Is The Year We Turn A Corner On Climate Action
The next 12 months will determine what the zero-carbon transition looks like; one which embraces change, or takes a more expensive and dangerous route for the planet.
Forbes. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- 2020 was one of the hottest years on record, tied with 2016
The Arctic and northern Siberia saw the largest temperature surges in 2020, and Europe had its hottest year ever as global carbon
emissions continued to rise.
CNBC. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Carbon Management In 2021
2021 is shaping up to be a banner year for carbon
management in the U.S., with actors across society promising action, from President-elect Joe Biden to major oil and gas companies. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Five ways to reduce your carbon footprint
Climate activists explain how individuals can help reduce their carbon
BBC News. Saturday, 2 Jan 2021.
- Scientists Use Iron to Turn Carbon Dioxide Into Jet Fuel
If the chemical reaction at the heart of the process can be scaled up, it could help reduce the carbon
footprint of air travel
Smithsonian. Thursday, 31 Dec 2020.
- Op-ed: How Joe Biden can tap the private sector to accelerate transition to clean energy
Now is the time for President-elect Joe Biden to engage with the private sector to accelerate this historic transition to a low-carbon world.
CNBC. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- Green body gives verdict on Boris Johnson carbon-cutting policies
The Green Alliance says there is gap between the PM's plans and what is needed to meet carbon
BBC News. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- Japan to eliminate gas-powered cars, go carbon-neutral in 30 years
Some question whether the naturally resource-poor Asian nation will be able to wean itself off imported oil and gas.
CBS News. Friday, 25 Dec 2020.
- British inventor wins prize for revolutionary wheelchair design
A British inventor and entrepreneur has won a $1m (£740,000) prize to help him continue to develop a revolutionary ultra-light, stable carbon
Sky News. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
Carbon Products News Headlines and News Summaries