This Carbon news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about carbon news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- See you at the Supreme Court, Ottawa says after Alberta demands carbon tax be killed
"Our government is confident that the price on carbon
pollution is within federal jurisdiction," Federal Justice Minister David Lametti wrote to Alberta Justice Minister Doug Schweitzer, in a letter obtained by CBC News.
CBC News. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- CCS Set To Unlock A Low-Carbon Future
CCS can be applied in power generation, natural-gas processing, refining, cement, hydrogen reforming and chemicals and other industries.
Forbes. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- Our Carbon Problem Is A Multibillion-Dollar Opportunity
Everyone is worried about the carbon
dioxide problem, but nobody wants to pay for it yet. We have 10 years to solve this problem. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Council holds referendum on whether to hike tax to tackle climate change
Warwick District Council wants to become carbon-neutral itself by 2025, and make the entire district carbon-neutral by 2030.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- New method converts carbon dioxide to methane at low temperatures
Scientists developed a new method to convert carbon
dioxide to methane with an electric field at low temperatures. In comparison to previous methods, this new method can produce any amount of methane whenever necessary. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- The World's Best Natural Defense Against Climate Change May Soon Make Things Worse
As extreme weather rocks the Southern Ocean, a tumultuous mix of carbon
dioxide, winds and warming waters could reach an environmental tipping point
Smithsonian. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Learn Longannet 'lessons' when cutting carbon emissions
Little consideration was given to the impact on the local community when the power station shut, says a report.
BBC News. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Impact crater in Germany could show how Mars hosted alien life
A German impact crater could help scientists understand the alkalinity, pH and nitrogen content of ancient waters on Mars, as well as carbon
dioxide composition of the planet's ancient atmosphere.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Melting properties determine biological functions of cuticular hydrocarbon layer of ants
The bodies of ants are covered with wax-like substances known as cuticular hydrocarbons (CHCs) that serve communication as well as protection against desiccation. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Orion Engineered Carbons (OEC) Earnings Top, Sales Lag in Q4
Lower volumes due to broad economic weakness hurt Orion Engineered Carbons' (OEC) sales in Q4.
Zacks. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- How Scotland's parks could heat homes with low-carbon energy
Ground heat in urban parks could generate significant energy, according to new research.
BBC News. Monday, 24 Feb 2020.
- Q by Aston Martin's DBX has wild carbon fiber trim - Roadshow
The British automaker is revealing bespoke commission options for its new SUV at the Geneva Motor Show.
CNET. Monday, 24 Feb 2020.
- Needle exchange expanded for southern Illinois drug users
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP) - From 2011 to 2015, a small pocket of rural Indiana became a hotbed for HIV. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 23 Feb 2020.
- Alberta public pensions being used to prop up struggling carbon industry, union says
Alberta's largest labour organization says public-service pensions are being used to prop up the province's struggling fossil fuels industry at a time when many large investment funds are moving away from the sector.
CBC News. Thursday, 20 Feb 2020.
- Is iShares MSCI ACWI Low Carbon Target ETF (CRBN) a Strong ETF Right Now?
Smart Beta ETF report for CRBN
Zacks. Wednesday, 19 Feb 2020.
Carbon Products News Headlines and News Summaries