This Canoe and Kayak news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about canoe and kayak news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- There's snow stopping Buddha the Pomeranian who climbs mountains and even KAYAKS with his owner
Steph Kitching, 28, says her three-year-old Pomeranian Buddha loves nothing more than putting on his lifejacket and going out with her on the water while kayaking in Peebles, Scotland.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
- Dad who had finally fulfilled his dream of becoming a father drowned in 'silly tragic accident'
Mark Hill, 40, drowned after his canoe
overturned on Amberswood Lake, in Wigan, last year. An inquest heard he was drunk at the time as a coroner ruled his death as an accident.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Understanding origins of Arizona's Sunset Crater eruption of 1,000 years ago
Scientists have been working to solve the mysterious root cause of the Sunset Crater eruption and any lessons learned to better understand the threats similar volcanoes may pose around the world today. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Caribbean island residents told to evacuate as dormant volcanoes come back to life
- Attenborough on Biden and forces of nature
Sir David examines how wildlife adapts to the forces of nature, such as volcanoes, in a new series.
BBC News. Saturday, 19 Dec 2020.
- Tina Fey: US comedian 'saved a man's life' by the Hudson River
The US comedy actor and writer was apparently in the right place at the right time for one kayaker.
BBC News. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- A Massive Supervolcano May Lurk Beneath Alaska's Aleutian Islands
Multiple lines of evidence led scientists to the idea that a group of six volcanoes in the islands are actually part of a 12-mile-wide caldera
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 9 Dec 2020.
- Kayaking and cat therapy on a Santa Barbara getaway by train
Going away but staying close soothed the mind after months of staying home
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 23 Nov 2020.
- Mother drowned trying to save two children in rough seas, inquest told
A mum drowned trying to save her son and his friend when they became separated from their sea kayak, an inquest has heard.
Sky News. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Crystals reveal the danger of sleeping volcanoes
Most active volcanoes on Earth are dormant and are normally not considered hazardous. A team of volcanologists has devised a technique that can predict their devastating potential. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 5 Nov 2020.
- Australian fisherman has close encounter with giant great white shark as it circles tiny kayak, video shows
Fisherman Matthew Smith was confronted by a giant great white shark.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Kayaking Trend: NYC Chooses New Safe Sport Amid Pandemic
New Yorkers have turned to a new safe way of exercising during the pandemic.
Voice of America. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
- Dick's Sporting Goods crushes Wall Street estimates as online sales surge 194%, shares soar
Dick's Sporting Goods reported eye-popping quarterly earnings and sales growth as consumers flocked to its website for hiking gear, kayaks, weights and workout clothes to stay busy during the coronavirus crisis.
CNBC. Wednesday, 26 Aug 2020.
- Body found on beach in search for missing kayaker
A kayaker who was reported missing is believed to have been found dead.
Sky News. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- Researchers Discover What May Be 37 Active Volcanoes on Venus
Scientists had long assumed Venus' volcanoes were dormant, but a new study suggests the inhospitable planet has 37 active volcanoes
Smithsonian. Thursday, 23 Jul 2020.
Canoes and Kayaks News Headlines and News Summaries