This Canoe and Kayak news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about canoe and kayak news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The McBoat: The incredible German McDonald's where customers have food delivered waterside
Are you a fast-food lover who wants to push the boat out? Then try the 'McBoat' - a McDonald's on the banks of a canal in Hamburg that delivers food to customers in boats and kayaks.
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Colds spread rapidly between gorillas when they stand close to one another
Respiratory infections are also more likely to spread within groups of apes than between neighbouring ones, said researchers who studied mountain gorillas in the Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda.
Daily Mail. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- Manchin confronted by kayakers in his DC houseboat
Manchin was confronted by a group of kayakers over his lack of support for Democrats' $3.5 trillion spending bill
Fox News. Sunday, 3 Oct 2021.
- El Salvador has just started mining bitcoin using the energy from volcanoes
El Salvador has mined 0.00599179 bitcoin, or about $269, with power harnessed from a volcano, in a first for the country.
CNBC. Saturday, 2 Oct 2021.
- World War Two: The brothers who fled Nazi occupation by kayak
The "Engelandvaarders" who paddled from the Netherlands to England 80 years ago.
BBC News. Tuesday, 21 Sep 2021.
- Pair of Michigan kayakers die amid rough Lake Superior waters, gale-force winds
Two kayakers who went missing on Lake Superior in Michigan amid rough weather were found dead along the shore on Friday.
Fox News. Monday, 20 Sep 2021.
- Schaumburg man found dead in Fox Lake after falling out of canoe
The body of a Schaumburg man was recovered after he fell out of a canoe
on Fox Lake.
ABC News. Friday, 10 Sep 2021.
- Why Families Should Plan A Trip To The Apostle Islands Region In Bayfield County, Wisconsin
Families who love active adventure trips will especially love Bayfield County, Wisconsin which has plenty of options for sailing, hiking, kayaking, SUP and biking.
Forbes. Tuesday, 7 Sep 2021.
- Tokyo Paralympics: Hannah Cockroft & Aled Sion Davies retain titles for GB
British athletes Hannah Cockroft and Aled Sion Davies retain their Paralympic titles, as canoeists Charlotte Henshaw and Laura Sugar also triumph on day 11 in Tokyo.
BBC News. Saturday, 4 Sep 2021.
- If you love Big Bear, you'll also love these 3 Central California lakes
These off-the-beaten-path beauties, often overshadowed by Lake Tahoe, are ready for hiking, kayaking, camping, fishing, boating and a cool summertime swim.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 12 Aug 2021.
- There Are Three Volcanoes in Alaska Erupting Right Now
Three volcanoes are exhibiting activity in Alaska's Aleutian Islands, prompting scientists to watch and wait for what may happen next.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 12 Aug 2021.
- Three Volcanoes Are Erupting Simultaneously in Alaska
Scientists continue to monitor activity in Aleutians, other U.S. sites
Smithsonian. Thursday, 12 Aug 2021.
- Three Volcanoes In Alaska Erupt At The Same Time
various stages of eruption
Daily Caller. Saturday, 7 Aug 2021.
- USA's Nevin Harrison wins gold in historic women's 200-meter canoe sprint
The 19-year-old takes home the U.S.' first canoe
sprint medal since 1992.
CBS News. Thursday, 5 Aug 2021.
- WATCH: This boy turned a pool into an Olympic venue, and we're here for it
Inspired by the Olympics, this 8-year-old decided to kayak
in a swimming pool in Norfolk, England.
ABC News. Thursday, 5 Aug 2021.
Canoes and Kayaks News Headlines and News Summaries