This Canoe and Kayak news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about canoe and kayak news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- New Jersey police officer in kayak rescues dog trapped in muddy pond, video shows
A New Jersey police officer paddled a kayak
to the middle of a muddy pond to rescue a dog that had gotten stuck neck-deep in the muck.
Fox News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Asteroid impact, not volcanoes, made the Earth uninhabitable for dinosaurs
Modelling of the Chicxulub asteroid impact 66 million years ago shows it created a world largely unsuitable for dinosaurs to live in.
Science Daily. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- How volcanoes explode in the deep sea
Explosive volcanic eruptions are possible deep down in the sea -- although the water masses exert enormous pressure there.
Science Daily. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- "Ghost ships" greet kayakers in Mallows Bay
Kayakers are out on the Potomac once again as the country heads into warmer weather. In a section of the water called Mallows Bay, kayakers find themselves immersed in history as the tide reveals a number of shipwrecks. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 27 Jun 2020.
- Lucy Aitkenread: Meet the mum who doesn't believe in mainstream schooling
Lucy Aitkenread's two daughters, Ramona, nine, and Juno, seven, are encouraged to wake up when they want and pass their days surfing, hiking, kayaking and exploring their 25-acre farm in NZ.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Great White shark swims just below group of oblivious surfers in South Africa
The terrifying incident, involving six surfers and a lone kayaker, occurred on Tuesday at Plettenberg Bay in Western Province, South Africa, in just six foot deep water.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Kayaker rescued after falling into sea near Dunbar
The man, who fell in while fishing, was helped by a passing angler and the RNLI.
BBC News. Saturday, 20 Jun 2020.
- Kayak and OpenTable CEO Steve Hafner on reopening and state of restaurants
Steve Hafner, CEO of Kayak
and OpenTable, joins "Squawk on the Street" to talk about the reopening of restaurants and the resumption of travel.
CNBC. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
- 11 Great Alternatives to the Top National Parks
Whether you like hiking, fishing, volcanoes, trees or even fossilized trees, there is a less-traveled and still awe-inspiring national park for you.
New York Times. Thursday, 4 Jun 2020.
- The New Training Facilities: Backyard Gym, Hallway Track
With restrictions imposed in their countries to slow the spread of Covid-19, athletes from the canoeist Mallory Franklin to the runner Valeria Nazarova have found ways to train at home.
New York Times. Saturday, 23 May 2020.
- U.S. travelers pick car rentals over flights for holidays: travel website Kayak
Travel website Kayak
is seeing more demand for car rentals than air travel from customers looking to avoid crowds and stay closer to home as U.S. states reopen, Chief Executive Officer Steve Hafner told Reuters on Wednesday.
Reuters. Wednesday, 20 May 2020.
- Forty Years After Mount St. Helens, Scientists Make Tiny Eruptions to Study Volcanoes
Meet the Smithsonian scientist who makes and studies tiny volcanic eruptions
Smithsonian. Monday, 18 May 2020.
- Body of Iowa 18-year-old found by kayakers 5 months after he mysteriously vanished from Target
The body of an 18-year-old who mysteriously went missing after leaving an Iowa Target store in January was found by kayakers in the Des Moines River over the weekend, police said Monday.
Fox News. Tuesday, 5 May 2020.
- The Cleantech Crash, Hollywood's Villain, Volcanoes
Despite billions invested by the U.S. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 21 Apr 2020.
- Lifeboat charity's plea to stay on dry land during lockdown
The lifeboat charity's appeal comes after a search operation for two missing kayakers in Shetland.
BBC News. Monday, 20 Apr 2020.
Canoes and Kayaks News Headlines and News Summaries