This Canoe and Kayak news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about canoe and kayak news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The Gold Coast King Who Fought the Might of Europe's Slave Traders
New research reveals links between the 18th-century Ahanta leader John Canoe
and the Caribbean festival Junkanoo
Smithsonian. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- 3,000-year-old canoe discovered in Wisconsin lake
A diver unexpectedly spotted the canoe
in the lakebed and it was carefully excavated by hand.
CBS News. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- Mystery Vessel May Be New Ukrainian Attack Drone
A kayak-sized vessel found washed up in Crimea may be a new type of drone boat used by Ukraine to carry out attacks on Russian warships. And it might have been supplied by the U.S.
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- How the Co-Founder Of Kayak Creates A 7-Day Hiring Process
Recruiting the right people starts with getting a first meeting. Paul English has broken his recruiting process down to a science to identify who he wants to meet.
Forbes. Friday, 16 Sep 2022.
- Five killed, two injured climbing Eurasia's tallest active volcano
The incident marks the latest in a recent string of climbing accidents involving volcanoes around the world.
CBS News. Saturday, 3 Sep 2022.
- Larne: Kayaker in serious condition after Brown's Bay rescue
The man got into difficulty at Brown's Bay near Larne on Friday evening.
BBC News. Friday, 2 Sep 2022.
- Kayaker Nick Ray: I'll paddle off to sea and not come back for a year
Kayaker and mental health advocate Nick Ray is heading on a year-long journey into the wilderness.
BBC News. Sunday, 28 Aug 2022.
- Kayak rescue: Fishing boat rescues child off the Welsh coast after kayaks they were in capsized
This afternoon in Ceibwr Bay, Pembrokeshire, a fishing vessel rescued a child when they drifted away from their father and sibling after a kayak
they were in capsized.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 23 Aug 2022.
- 'Smelly OIL' is 'dumped' in woods near Manchester as sheep manure causes swimming ban at Devon beach
Pollution continues to plague the country after complaints of foul smelling oil dumps a river loved by swimmers and canoeists was found to contain 'alarming levels' of E.coli.
Daily Mail. Friday, 19 Aug 2022.
- WATCH: Dolphins spotted in Hudson River
A group of kayakers spotted a set of dolphins swimming in the New York City river.
ABC News. Wednesday, 17 Aug 2022.
- 2 kayakers struck by sightseeing boat on Chicago River, CPD says
Chicago police said two kayakers were hit by a sightseeing boat on the Chicago River Tuesday.
ABC News. Wednesday, 3 Aug 2022.
- Florida kayaker, stranded for hours in the water, is dramatically rescued by a fellow boater
Davey Wright of Port St. Lucie, Florida, wanted to take his kayak
out to fish and clear his head; the veteran never expected he would face a desperate fight for his life this summer.
Fox News. Friday, 22 Jul 2022.
- You can (and should) kayak the L.A. River. Here's how
You might not think of the Los Angeles River as a kayaking destination, but the experience can be a remarkable respite from the city and an opportunity to learn about the importance of conservation.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 14 Jul 2022.
- Washington Glacier Peak new seismometers get green light from forest services
The U.S. Forest Services gave the green light to install seismometers on Glacier Peak in Washington. The peak is classified as one of the most dangerous U.S. volcanoes.
Fox News. Wednesday, 6 Jul 2022.
- More Americans seek eco-friendly car rentals to save gas money
Searches for hybrid and electric rental cars more than doubled in May as Americans looked for ways to avoid high gas prices, according to booking service Kayak
Washington Times. Friday, 1 Jul 2022.
Canoes and Kayaks News Headlines and News Summaries