This Canoe and Kayak news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about canoe and kayak news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Is Italy's SUPERVOLCANO about to blow? Campi Flegrei is on the verge of first eruption in 485 YEARS
Located about nine miles to the west of Naples, Campi Flegrei is one of the few active supervolcanoes in the world.
Daily Mail. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- WATCH: Hawaii's Kilauea volcano erupts after 3-month pause
Kilauea, one of the most active volcanoes in the world, began erupting Wednesday after a three-month pause on Hawaii's Big Island.
ABC News. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Crowds expected as Kilauea Volcano spews lava as it erupts on Hawaii's Big Island
One of the most active volcanoes in the world has begun erupting after a three-month pause.
Sky News. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Kilauea, one of the world's most active volcanoes, begins erupting after 3-month pause
U.S. Geological Survey officials say a glow was detected in webcam images from the summit caldera early Wednesday.
ABC News. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Travel This Summer With These 6 Google And ChatGPT AI Companions
Can AI plan three perfect days in Tokyo? You bet. Here's a look at the new chat features from Expedia, Kayak, Snapchat, Google Bard, ChatGPT Mobile and Roam Around.
Forbes. Saturday, 3 Jun 2023.
- Massive Shark Swims Under Kayaker In Horrifying Video
A massive shark terrifies two kayakers
Daily Caller. Saturday, 27 May 2023.
- Newly Discovered Exoplanet May Be Covered in Volcanoes
Astronomers found an Earth-sized world that could have liquid water on its surface and may be able to support life
Smithsonian. Thursday, 18 May 2023.
- Hippo Capsizes Canoe In Malawi, Leaving Infant Dead And 23 Missing: Officials
The dangers inherent within the river make it perilous to cross and accidents like this are unfortunately common
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 17 May 2023.
- Baby dies, dozens feared dead after hippo capsizes canoe
Locals managed to pull 13 people from the treacherous waters, while another 23 were still missing, police said.
CBS News. Wednesday, 17 May 2023.
- Moment shark attacks fisherman on kayak off Hawaii coast
This is the heart-stopping moment a fisherman is attacked by a tiger shark while out at sea in his kayak
Sky News. Wednesday, 17 May 2023.
- Watch: Shark comes out of nowhere and rams man's kayak
Angler Scott Haraguchi filmed the dramatic moment and was not hurt during the encounter in Hawaii.
BBC News. Tuesday, 16 May 2023.
- Shark attacks kayak off Hawaii coast in encounter caught on video
Scott Haraguchi left his GoPro camera running after catching a fish off the Hawaiian island of Oahu, and it captured his close encounter with a shark.
CBS News. Monday, 15 May 2023.
- Heart-stopping moment shark rears up to take a chunk out of kayak
Footage shows fisherman Scott Haraguchi sailing off the coast of Hawaiian island O'ahu when the large tiger shark came crashing into his kayak
Daily Mail. Monday, 15 May 2023.
- Chicago kayakers discover 'Chonkosaurus' turtle
'I'm proud of ya!', kayaker Joey Santore said to the giant turtle in his thick Chicago accent.
BBC News. Friday, 12 May 2023.
- These are the 10 best destinations in the world for an eco-friendly vacation
Kayak's 2023 City Index for Mindful Travelers ranked the best cities in the world for sustainable travel.
CNBC. Saturday, 22 Apr 2023.
Canoes and Kayaks News Headlines and News Summaries