This Canoe and Kayak news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about canoe and kayak news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Sea kayaking helps my recovery from depression'
Nick Ray says he finds relief on the sea, enjoying close encounters with seals and dolphins.
BBC News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- 'Sea kayaking helps my mental health'
A sea kayaker tells how his experiences on the water help him in his struggles with his mental health.
BBC News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Study: Dinosaur-killing space rock may have triggered sea volcanoes
About 66 million years ago, a 6-mile wide asteroid smacked into Earth. It was enough to kill off three-quarters of life on the planet
CBS News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Northern Ireland's mountains 'like volcanoes exploding' as crews battle devastating wildfire
A huge wildfire on Northern Ireland's Mourne Mountains, declared a major incident by the Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS), is causing "incredible" damage to the environment.
Sky News. Saturday, 24 Apr 2021.
- Underwater volcanoes unleash enough energy to power an entire continent
New research found underwater eruptions produce ash clouds and they megaplumes of hot water which dissipates upwards and then outwards.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Shark surprises Texas man while fishing
A man got an unexpected visitor while fishing off the coast of Corpus Christi. A three-foot long sharp-nose shark surprised the Texas man on his kayak
. CBSN's Elaine Quijano has more on what the man did during the close encounter.
CBS News. Saturday, 17 Apr 2021.
- Death-defying moment Aniol Serrasolses speeds down volcano in Chile at 62mph in a KAYAK [Video]
Video footage shows Red Bull athlete Aniol Serrasolses on top of Villarrica, one of Chile's most active volcanos. After soaking up the scenery, he gets into his kayak
to make a speedy descent.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Apr 2021.
- 'COVID breach' kayaker from England stuck on Scottish island without paddle is rescued
A kayaker had to be rescued after becoming stranded without a paddle on an island in Scotland.
Sky News. Wednesday, 7 Apr 2021.
- CEO of Kayak's parent says vaccine passports would make it safer for people to travel
Glenn Fogel, CEO of Booking Holdings, said he thinks vaccine passports would make it safer for people to return to travel as more people get vaccinated.
CNBC. Monday, 5 Apr 2021.
- Body of Missing Kayaker Recovered
The body of a missing kayaker, 18-year-old Jose Reyes, was recovered Saturday at 1 p.m. according to officials. Reyes was found near the Benbrook Lake search area close to Holiday Park. ...
NBC. Sunday, Mar 28 2021.
- From Eruptions To Sunsets, Volcanoes Have Left Their Mark On Paintings
Whether it's a live webcam from Iceland or a 19th century painting, people have always been fascinated with volcanoes. But volcanic skies have also crept into paintings with no volcano in sight.
Forbes. Friday, 26 Mar 2021.
- Search Continues for 18-Year-Old Last Seen Kayaking at Benbrook Lake
Sunday evening around 7:30 p.m., 18-year-old Jose Reyes was last seen kayaking in Benbrook Lake. He has been missing ever since.
NBC. Friday, Mar 26 2021.
- Aleksander Doba, Who Kayaked Across the Atlantic, Dies at 74
He hungered to paddle across an ocean so vast it seemed infinite. He did it three times, setting records and becoming a national hero in Poland.
New York Times. Friday, 12 Mar 2021.
- Found: A Planet Close To Us With A Day That Lasts Forever And An Eternal Night Lit Up By Exploding Volcanoes
The first evidence of global tectonic activity on a planet outside our Solar System.
Forbes. Saturday, 6 Mar 2021.
- Scientists identify flank instability at a volcano with history of collapse
Landslides caused by the collapse of unstable volcanoes are one of the major dangers of volcanic eruptions. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
Canoes and Kayaks News Headlines and News Summaries