This Canoe and Kayak news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about canoe and kayak news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- WATCH: Kayaker gets up close with dolphin
The dolphin kept doing circles around the kayaker in South Australia.
ABC News. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Kamchatka: A Mysterious Land Of Volcanoes, Bears, And Secret Military Bases
The Kamchatka Peninsula in Russia's Far East is one of the world's wildest places, where researchers keep watch over active volcanoes and hunters come in search of big game. ...
Radio Liberty. Sunday, 18 Jul 2021.
- Gas on Venus may actually be produced by volcanoes, study says
Phosphine gas in Venus' upper atmosphere was announced in September 2020, but according to scientists at Cornell University in New York state, it's a geological signature.
Daily Mail. Monday, 12 Jul 2021.
- I took a rare (and affordable) trip to one of the most scenic parts of the West Coast
These redwood canoes link past and future on the Klamath River. Here's how my ride went.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- American teen aims for gold in new Olympic canoe sprint race
Sometime before she races across Tokyo Bay, American teenager Nevin Harrison will likely paddle her canoe
to a quiet spot and have a good cry.
Fox News. Sunday, 4 Jul 2021.
- Boy Scout bitten by shark near Catalina Island
A 15-year-old Boy Scout was bitten by a shark Wednesday while kayaking near Catalina Island.
Fox News. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- Boy Scouts camper bitten by shark while canoeing off Southern California coast
The child was described to be in stable condition and is undergoing surgery, officials said.
ABC News. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- How Success Happened for Paul English, Co-Founder of Kayak and Lola.com
The serial entrepreneur who sold Kayak
for $1.8 billion reveals how he's planning to reshape the podcast industry.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 22 Jun 2021.
- Older volcanoes erupt less often but when they do it is larger and more dangerous, researchers say
The last eruption of Mount Toba in Indonesia 74,000 years ago was cataclysmic compared to the smaller eruption of younger Mount St. Helens in the US in 2008, scientists at the University of Geneva said.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 22 Jun 2021.
- Building a canoe, and ties to his late father
Trent Preszler had an estranged relationship with his father, who died of cancer in 2014. His only inheritance was his father's toolbox. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 20 Jun 2021.
- Dee Estuary kayaker dies after falling from boat
The man, who was in his 30s, was swept away by the current in the Dee Estuary, police say.
BBC News. Monday, 14 Jun 2021.
- Body found in search for missing kayaker Shane Davies
Shane Davies was kayaking with a friend on Saturday but they became separated, Sussex Police says.
BBC News. Sunday, 13 Jun 2021.
- L.A. River to reopen for kayaking and fishing on Memorial Day
The river recreation zones will open in time for Memorial Day weekend, the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority announced Monday.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 24 May 2021.
- Kayaker says he photographed crack in I-40 bridge in 2016
A kayaker said he took the photos about five years before the discovery of a major crack shut down the bridge indefinitely.
CBS News. Friday, 21 May 2021.
- Northern Ireland's mountains 'like volcanoes exploding' as crews battle devastating wildfire
A huge wildfire on Northern Ireland's Mourne Mountains, declared a major incident by the Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS), is causing "incredible" damage to the environment.
Sky News. Saturday, 24 Apr 2021.
Canoes and Kayaks News Headlines and News Summaries