This Canoe and Kayak news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about canoe and kayak news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Australian fisherman has close encounter with giant great white shark as it circles tiny kayak, video shows
Fisherman Matthew Smith was confronted by a giant great white shark.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Body of multi-millionaire's son, 36, was found floating in the Thames by canoeist
Alexander Stern, son of stationery tycoon Ronald Stern, was last seen dragging a suitcase in Sonning-on-Thames. On April 3, his body was discovered about two miles downstream.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Alexander Stern: Canoeist found body in River Thames
Alexander Stern was last seen at a pub in Berkshire three months earlier, an inquest hears.
BBC News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Dolphins surround kayakers on Scottish loch
Denise Vernon, 32, and her 54-year-old partner Mark, were paddling through Loch Hourn on the west coast of Scotland when they were surrounded by a pod of dolphins.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Stressed out volcanoes more likely to collapse and erupt
An international study has discovered how volcanoes experience stress. The study has implications for how the world might be better protected against future volcano collapses.
Science Daily. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Deep learning artificial intelligence keeps an eye on volcano movements
Radar satellites can collect massive amounts of remote sensing data that can detect ground movements -- surface deformations -- at volcanoes in near real time. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Kayaking Trend: NYC Chooses New Safe Sport Amid Pandemic
New Yorkers have turned to a new safe way of exercising during the pandemic.
Voice of America. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
- 'Toughest' Munro-bagging record broken by a week
The 35-year-old ran, walked, cycled and kayaked between all 282 Munros in 31 days and 23 hours.
BBC News. Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020.
- Dick's Sporting Goods crushes Wall Street estimates as online sales surge 194%, shares soar
Dick's Sporting Goods reported eye-popping quarterly earnings and sales growth as consumers flocked to its website for hiking gear, kayaks, weights and workout clothes to stay busy during the coronavirus crisis.
CNBC. Wednesday, 26 Aug 2020.
- Video shows dramatic helicopter rescue of 2 women
Two kayakers were rescued by a Coast Guard crew after becoming stranded on Anacapa Island.
CBS News. Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020.
- The New Panic Buys: Kayaks, Pools, Tents and Trampolines
Americans seeking getaways (or staycations) in the pandemic are putting outdoor retailers in a supply crunch.
New York Times. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- Body found on beach in search for missing kayaker
A kayaker who was reported missing is believed to have been found dead.
Sky News. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- Search suspended for kayaker missing near Brighton
The search for a kayaker who went missing near the Brighton coast has been suspended.
Sky News. Sunday, 2 Aug 2020.
- New interactive tool helps Hoosiers find canoes, kayaks
FRANKLIN, Ind. (AP) - A steady breeze rippled the placid water of the Driftwood River, breaking the tranquility surrounding the canoe
Washington Times. Sunday, 2 Aug 2020.
- Researchers Discover What May Be 37 Active Volcanoes on Venus
Scientists had long assumed Venus' volcanoes were dormant, but a new study suggests the inhospitable planet has 37 active volcanoes
Smithsonian. Thursday, 23 Jul 2020.
Canoes and Kayaks News Headlines and News Summaries