This Candy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about candy and confection news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chicago candy icon Fannie May celebrating 100th anniversary with new flavors, redesigned stores
A beloved Chicago chocolate and candy
icon celebrates a hundred years in business this year.
ABC News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Trick-or-treater, 9, sends letter to Gov. Baker saying 'king size candy' is 'better for corona'
The child wrote to the governor thanking him 'for not canceling Halloween' and making a suggestion for keeping the holiday tradition of trick-or-treating alive for the 2020 season.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Will the pandemic hurt the candy-industrial complex?
Halloween has always been the "Super Bowl, Olympics and World Cup wrapped into one" for the candy
industry. Will the COVID-19 pandemic change that?
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Reese's builds a robotic DOOR that will dispense king-size candy contact-free on Halloween
The Reese's door is powered by three motors and directed via remote control from up to 5,000 feet away.. It dispenses king-size Reese's Peanut Butter Cups through the mail slot.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- How Well Do You Know Your Halloween Treats?
Beware: This Halloween candy
quiz may be more trick than treat.
Mental Floss. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- Ferrero close to swallowing Fox's Biscuits in £250m deal
Ferrero Group, the owner of some of the world's best-known confectionery brands, is close to striking a £250m deal to swallow Britain's Fox's Biscuits.
Sky News. Monday, 5 Oct 2020.
- Hair secrets and the 'candy man': The doctors who've been responsible for Trump's health
Donald and Melania Trump are being supported by the official White House doctor after testing positive for COVID-19.
Sky News. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
- By Robynblair Launches Candy-Themed Fine Art Prints
artist Robyn Blair Davidson launches an accessibly-priced fine art line.
Forbes. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Texas man builds robot, candy-shooting cannon to deliver Halloween treats at a distance
Will Artie the robot save Halloween? Texas man hopes his creations will bring joy to neighborhood kids at a safe distance during the pandemic.
ABC News. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Real life Russell Stover given chocolate-themed wedding by candy brand
The bride and groom were pleased with how their nuptials turned out.
Fox News. Wednesday, 30 Sep 2020.
- The North Face, Burton Among Brands Joining Protect Our Winters To Urge (And Help) Consumers To Vote
Brands such as The North Face, Burton, Jones, Skullcandy and ski resorts like Aspen Ski Co. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- Texas man builds candy-shooting cannon and robot to keep trick-or-treating alive
As Halloween draws closer, people across the country are still asking what the holiday will look like this year. ...
Fox News. Sunday, 27 Sep 2020.
- Qantas sold 1,000 wine-stuffed bar carts from its retired 747 fleet in just 2 hours
Qantas packed the bar carts full of wine, snacks, and candy, and sold them for more than $1,000 each.
Yahoo. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
- Scavenger hunts, treats dangling from a tree and Covid-19 maps: Candy makers get creative to save Halloween
companies, including Hershey, say they are hopeful that kids will still trick-or-treat and adults will seek out sweets, even if their Halloween is socially distanced.
CNBC. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
- Kids in the UK are now spending more money on 'Fortnite' and 'Roblox' than candy and books
Pocket money app RoosterMoney said video games "Fortnite" and "Roblox" top the pocket money charts. Kids are also saving 14% more than last year.
Yahoo. Sunday, 20 Sep 2020.
Candy & Confectionery News Headlines and News Summaries