This Candy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about candy and confection news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- FACT CHECK: Is The PayDay Candy Bar Changing Its Name?
'PayDay is not changing our name'
Daily Caller. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Tokyo Olympics: Dutch skateboarder fumes at 'inhuman' conditions in quarantine after catching Covid
Jacobs, 31, spent eight days in quarantine and missed the street event in skateboarding's debut as an Olympic sport. She had to strike for eight hours to get 15 minutes of supervised fresh air.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Cicadas, candy and an old English bulldog: Rose Lavelle's unusual path to USWNT stardom
Lavelle doesn't particularly care for the spotlight, but her fast footwork and knack for navigating the midfield are garnering lots of attention in her first Olympics.
ESPN. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Children increasingly overdosing on marijuana edibles
Doctors are warning parents to keep the candy-like drugs hidden from children.
CBS News. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Tokyo Olympics: First athlete forced to quit due to Covid
Fernanda Aguirre, a Chilean taekwondo fighter, (pictured) and Candy
Jacobs, a Dutch skateboarder, are the first athletes forced to quit the Tokyo Olympics after testing positive for Covid.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Better-For-You Treats Hit The Sweet Spot At Candy Expo
Industry innovation is pivoting to reducing sugar and portions.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- MLB, Candy Digital will offer World Series ring with Los Angeles Dodgers NFT
The Fanatics-owned company will make it second NFT avaiable as part of an licensing agreement with MLB.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- Lorry driver shortage threatens Haribo sweets
The German confectionery giant is struggling to get supplies of Goldbears and Tangfastics to UK shops.
BBC News. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
- Haribo sweet shortage threat as deliveries to shops gummed up by lorry driver shortage
Confectionery giant Haribo has warned a shortage of lorry drivers is causing difficulties getting its sweets to shops in the UK.
Sky News. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
- Truly and Sugarfina Collaborate To Create Hard Seltzer Infused Candy
Hard seltzer gummies have arrived.
Forbes. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- Hershey (HSY) Buys Lily's, Boosts Better-For-You Brand Portfolio
Hershey (HSY) acquires Lily's, a leading better-for-you confectionery brand, for $425 million. The buyout is in sync with Hershey's focus on multi-pronged better-for-you snacking strategy.
Zacks. Monday, 28 Jun 2021.
- London's most expensive penthouse offered in a whisper listing for $247 million
The nine-figure trophy flat, owned by London real estate developer Nick Candy, spans two floors at 9,000 square feet per level, with a total of five bedrooms.
CNBC. Monday, 14 Jun 2021.
- Florida mom demands clearer label on marijuana edibles after child winds up in hospital
A Florida mom is urging stricter packaging regulations on THC products after her 6-year-old daughter allegedly ate a Faded Fruits cannabis-infused gummy thinking it was candy
Fox News. Friday, 11 Jun 2021.
- Texas bakery sells out of inventory after facing Pride backlash
Confections in Lufkin, Texas sold its entire inventory and received support from across the U.S.
CBS News. Tuesday, 8 Jun 2021.
- NYC men arrested in separate incidents of trying to lure young kids with candy, dog: police
The New York City police department has arrested two men accused in separate incidents of trying to lure young children using candy
or a dog, and in one case inappropriately touching one of the victims, police said.
Fox News. Wednesday, 2 Jun 2021.
Candy & Confectionery News Headlines and News Summaries