This Candy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about candy and confection news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Supply chain crisis hits Halloween in US as shelves are stripped bare leaving shoppers scrambling
Costumes, decorations and candy
remain held up in California ports due to a shortage of truck drivers, warehouse space and bottlenecks in the network.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Razor blades and poisoned candy: A history of Americans fearing Halloween
Warnings against tainted Halloween candy
have been around for decades, but confirmed incidents are far and few in between.
Fox News. Saturday, 9 Oct 2021.
- Youth Vaping Declined Sharply for Second Year, New Data Show
Now that it has stopped selling most flavored pods, Juul has become far less popular with teens than brands offering disposable fruit- and candy-flavored devices.
New York Times. Thursday, 30 Sep 2021.
- Why we must ban the toxic phrase mum guilt
argues the phrase 'working mum guilt' is outdated, toxic and should be banned, as research shows in 60 per cent of UK families today both parents work.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 29 Sep 2021.
- Activision Blizzard Under Investigation By SEC Over Allegations Of Workplace Discrimination
The company is known for its popular video games Call of Duty and World of Warcraft as well as apps like Candy
Forbes. Monday, 20 Sep 2021.
- Nabisco Workers End Weekslong Strike After Reaching New Contract
The impasse began in August after members of the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers Union objected to changes in shift lengths and overtime rules.
New York Times. Monday, 20 Sep 2021.
- Nia DaCosta first Black woman director to debut film at No. 1
"Candyman" director Nia DaCosta will also make history as the first Black woman to direct a Marvel Studios picture.
CBS News. Wednesday, 1 Sep 2021.
- Candyman: Horror reboot director Nia DaCosta makes US box office history
Nia DaCosta is the first black woman to have a film open at number one in North American cinemas.
BBC News. Tuesday, 31 Aug 2021.
- 'Candyman' star Yahya Abdul-Mateen II on sequels, mirrors and Chicago; movie now in theaters
The new "Candyman" movie hits theaters nationwide today, and star Yahya Abdul-Mateen II spoke to ABC7 about the film.
ABC News. Friday, 27 Aug 2021.
- Why Killer Clown and the Candy Man are the most shocking serial killers in US history
They are two of the most notorious serial killers in US history after murdering more than 60 young men and boys between them.
Sky News. Tuesday, 10 Aug 2021.
- CPS back to school bashes excite, prepare kids for new school year and have free COVID vaccines
Popcorn, cotton candy, backpacks, face masks, and free vaccines are all part of Chicago Public Schools' back to school bashes.
ABC News. Saturday, 7 Aug 2021.
- Marvel Aims To Start Fans Young With Animated Spidey Show For Preschoolers
Marvel's first full-length animated show targeting preschoolers eases kids into the universe with fun, inclusive storytelling, lots of eye candy
and upbeat Patrick Stump tunes.
Forbes. Thursday, 5 Aug 2021.
- Activision (ATVI) Q2 Earnings Up Y/Y on Steady Top-Line Growth
Activision Blizzard's (ATVI) second-quarter results reflect solid demand for Call of Duty, World of Warcraft and Candy
Crush franchises even as net bookings decline.
Zacks. Wednesday, 4 Aug 2021.
- FACT CHECK: Is The PayDay Candy Bar Changing Its Name?
'PayDay is not changing our name'
Daily Caller. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Children increasingly overdosing on marijuana edibles
Doctors are warning parents to keep the candy-like drugs hidden from children.
CBS News. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
Candy & Confectionery News Headlines and News Summaries