This Candy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about candy and confection news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Microsoft to buy gaming company Activision Blizzard in a deal valued at $68.7 billion
Microsoft is buying the gaming company Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion, gaining access to blockbuster games like "Call of Duty" and "Candy Crush."
ABC News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Microsoft will seek to reboot Activision Blizzard's culture after $68.7-billion acquisition
Microsoft would gain access to games such as 'Call of Duty' and 'Candy Crush,' as Activision remains in turmoil over claims of misconduct and unequal pay.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Microsoft to buy troubled Call of Duty gaming firm Activision Blizzard for £50bn
Microsoft has agreed a deal to buy the troubled Call of Duty and Candy
Crush gaming firm Activision Blizzard for $68.7bn (£50.5bn).
Sky News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Microsoft buys game maker Activision Blizzard for about $70B
Microsoft is paying nearly $70 billion for Activision Blizzard, the maker of Candy
Crush and Call of Duty, as it seeks an edge in the fiercely competitive businesses of mobile gaming and virtual-reality technology. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- How to lose weight fast: Mum-of-four reveals how she lost 10kg in just 12 WEEKS
Warburton, 40, from Melbourne , weighed 83kg when she decided to take charge of her health and try and reach her 'goal weight' of 75kg.
Daily Mail. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- How much candy do Americans eat in a whole year?
A healthy diet can include some candy
. But if you eat too much, it can interfere with your appetite for the stuff your body actually needs.
Entrepreneur. Sunday, 16 Jan 2022.
- Tony's Chocolonely puzzles shoppers with new bars titled 'Injustice', Inequality' and 'Inhuman'
The Dutch confectioners, who are popular in the UK, launched three new chocolate bars in partnership with Waitrose emblazoned with the words 'injustice', 'inequality' and 'inhuman'.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- Sweet repeat: Brothers regift same hard candy for decades
It started as a gag gift in 1987 from one brother to another. ...
ABC News. Monday, 27 Dec 2021.
- Mystery gift givers in strange costumes caught on home security cameras
Residents of Holbrooks in England began finding candy
canes on their property, seemingly left by two unknown locals wearing costumes.
Fox News. Wednesday, 22 Dec 2021.
- Candy Canes Now Running Out of Stock in Shortage-Hit Christmas Season
Congestion at ports and labor shortages in the trucking industry have driven peppermint-flavored candy
canes out of shelves with Christmas shoppers having to content themselves with fruit-flavored alternatives.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 21 Dec 2021.
- What goes into a box of See's Candies?
At the See's Candies factory, in Culver City, Calif., candymakers are busy cranking out holiday cheer, which is sold online and in more than 200 stores across the U.S. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 19 Dec 2021.
- Found in a Candy Tin: One of the First Coins Struck in Colonial North America
Illegally minted in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, the 1652 silver shilling recently sold at auction for $351,912
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 30 Nov 2021.
- Woman sues after being jailed for cotton candy
After she spent over 3 months in jail, a new drug test determined the woman's cotton candy
never had any meth in it
CBS News. Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021.
- Police Solve Case Of 9-Year-Old Girl Who Disappeared While Selling Candy 62 Years Ago
Guilty of the 1959 murder of Candy
Daily Caller. Friday, 19 Nov 2021.
- Rare 'Cotton Candy' Blue Lobster Is a 1-in-100 Million Catch
The crustacean's bizarre blue hue could be due to genetics or diet
Smithsonian. Monday, 15 Nov 2021.
Candy & Confectionery News Headlines and News Summaries