This Candy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about candy and confection news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Rival Percy Pig sweets redesigned after M&S demand
Marks & Spencer has agreed on a settlement with the confectionary company Swizzels after accusing it of copying its Percy Pig sweets.
Sky News. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Pennsylvania Man Allegedly Attempted To Lure Child In NJ Wawa To Car With Candy
Crime statistics indicate a child is abducted every 40 seconds in the United States
Daily Caller. Sunday, 4 Jun 2023.
- Cousins who were torn apart by their feuding fathers are reunited 72 years later
Linda Candy, 75, and her cousin Valerie Linden, 76, travelled Down Under from the UK in the wake of World War II because their fathers, who were brothers, wanted to build a better life for their families.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 1 Jun 2023.
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI) Reveals Candy Crush Event Winner
Activision Blizzard (ATVI) announces the 2023 champion of the Candy
Crush All Star Tournament.
Zacks. Thursday, 1 Jun 2023.
- Is FaZe Rug the Willy Wonka of Gen Z?
YouTuber Brian Awadis, better known as "FaZe Rug," expands his massive brand from esports to candy
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 25 May 2023.
- Faze Rug Hopes To Put A Sour Face On Fun With 1Up Candy Line And Challenge
Long-time online creator Faze Rug has launched 1Up Candy
with a first product so sour it comes with a neutralizer. t's designed to be food as experience, and challenge.
Forbes. Wednesday, 24 May 2023.
- Slurping Spaghetti and other food photo contest winners
An image called the Candy
Man by UK photographer Jon Enoch wins the overall prize.
BBC News. Tuesday, 16 May 2023.
- Ample Space Hits The Sweet Spot In This Stylish New York City Loft
Once considered a state-of-the-art candy-making facility, the building was converted into condos a little over a decade ago.
Forbes. Friday, 12 May 2023.
- Confectionery firms try to sugar coat price rises
Makers of sweets and chocolates are aiming to shield customers from their higher costs.
BBC News. Wednesday, 10 May 2023.
- It may sound crazy. But a handful of Sour Patch Kids before public speaking could calm your nerves
A TikTok trend has people eating sour candy
for anxiety. Experts Micheline Maalouf (top right) and Katie Pankonin (bottom right) say it's legit, though it might not work as a long-term solution.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 7 May 2023.
- 3 school kids hospitalized after finding and ingesting suspected methamphetamine
Three children have been hospitalized after falling sick when they found and ingested a container of what they thought to be candy
ABC News. Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023.
- Consumer Reports calling for ban on food coloring used in Peeps candy
Consumer Reports has delivered a petition to the FDA calling for a ban on Red Dye No. 3, the food coloring used in Peeps and other popular candies which it says contains a carcinogenic ingredient.
ABC News. Saturday, 8 Apr 2023.
- Pennsylvania governor orders flags at half-staff for candy factory explosion victims
Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro ordered flags be flown at half-staff to honor the seven people who were killed in an explosion at a candy
factory in West Reading on Friday.
CBS News. Monday, 27 Mar 2023.
- Abcarian: Relax, candy lovers. No one is trying to ban Skittles. Well, not exactly.
A California lawmaker wants Skittles to remove ingredients that some believe are toxic, especially for kids
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 26 Mar 2023.
- Killer Candy Striper Spiders Prowl Before the Sun Rises
A study of candy-striped spiders feasting on sleeping insects suggests there are many surprising arachnid behaviors still waiting to be discovered.
New York Times. Monday, 13 Mar 2023.
Candy & Confectionery News Headlines and News Summaries