This Candy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about candy and confection news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Inside the story of Friday the 13th axe murderer Candy Montgomery
Montgomery killed her friend Betty Gore with an axe on Friday, June 13, 1980, in their hometown of Wylie, Texas.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Kids leave sweet gesture on Halloween for 3-year-old diagnosed with leukemia
A group of kids out trick-or-treating on Halloween left several pieces of candy
for a 3-year-old girl in Atlanta after learning that she had been diagnosed with leukemia. Steve Hartman reports for "On the Road."
CBS News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Activision (ATVI) Q1 Earnings Up Y/Y on Solid Top-Line Growth
Activision Blizzard's (ATVI) first-quarter results reflect solid demand for Call of Duty, World of Warcraft and Candy
Zacks. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Skittles owner sues THC-laced copycat Zkittlez for trademark infringement
Mars Wrigley, owner of Skittles, filed a lawsuit against Terphogz, the maker of THC-laced candy
Zkittlez, claiming copyright infringement.
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Spanish Confectioners Create Life-Size Chocolate Replica of Picasso's 'Guernica'
Local artisans undertook the ambitious project in honor of the 85th anniversary of the bombing depicted in the famed anti-war mural
Smithsonian. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Kitto Katto: Japan's candy obsession
Kit Kat candy
is exceedingly popular in Japan, where the name itself promises good luck. Up to five million Kit Kat bars are sold every day, in dozens more varieties and flavors than just the familiar chocolate bar available in the U.S. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Reese's to sell new candy bar, sweetening permanent lineup
The Hershey Company is giving Reese's nuts more to enjoy with the debut of a new candy
bar, set to hit store shelves and join the brand's lineup this month.
Fox News. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Billionaire property tycoon Nick Candy 'backs Shaun Bailey's campaign to be London's new mayor'
The Conservative candidate Shaun Bailey, who launched his manifesto last Monday, appeared to have secured some wealthy backing to accompany him as he met voters in Chelsea.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 25 Apr 2021.
- Candy-fueled fun for the whole family at Sugar Rush in Woodland Hills
Sugar Rush in Woodland Hills, CA is a candy
inspired walk-thru experience for the whole family. We join Freeform actress Maeve Press on her visit.
ABC News. Tuesday, 13 Apr 2021.
- Topps to go public through SPAC deal as baseball card company ventures into NFTs
Topps, which is best known for its baseball cards and Bazooka candy
line, has agreed to go public through a merger with a special purpose acquisition company.
CNBC. Tuesday, 6 Apr 2021.
- 7-Eleven Is Ringing in Spring With Peeps-Flavored Lattes
Between the new Peeps Pepsi and the Peeps latte from 7-Eleven, fans of the candy
have their choice of marshmallow-flavored beverages this spring.
Mental Floss. Monday, 29 Mar 2021.
- Family of Deep Ellum Vendor Known as Cotton Candy Man Files Suit Against ERCOT, Oncor
The family of a man who died in his Dallas home during the February winter storm have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against ERCOT and Oncor alleging negligence.
NBC. Sunday, Mar 28 2021.
- Pinchers Boil'n Pot famous for spicy crawfish & vintage candy!
Stuffed with 16 pounds of seafood, the Boil'n Boat at Pinchers is the ultimate feast for crawfish lovers!
ABC News. Sunday, 28 Mar 2021.
- Easter candy is one of the most popular parts of the holiday, new survey reveals
Due to the pandemic, families are still figuring out ways to celebrate Easter while not missing out on seeing their loved ones. But one thing that will definitely be involved, apparently, is all of the amazing Easter candy
Fox News. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
- They Said It Could Not Be Done: How Stuffed Puffs Is Disrupting The $40-Billion Candy Industry
When Michael Tierney was 19 years old, he had an idea that he assumed no one ever thought of: putting chocolate inside the marshmallow. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
Candy & Confectionery News Headlines and News Summaries