This Candy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about candy and confection news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Vegan version of Cadbury chocolate reportedly in works
Maker of classic candy
will only admit it's "very aware of" vegan trend and is working on "more great-tasting choices."
CBS News. Monday, 24 Feb 2020.
- Ferrero Investing $100 Million In New Distribution Center To Fuel North American Expansion
Italian confectioner Ferrero, which owns brands including Nutella, TicTac, and Kinder Chocolate, has opened a new distribution center in Goodyear, Arizona, as the company is rapidly ramping up its North American business.
Forbes. Friday, 21 Feb 2020.
- Property tycoon's PA, 35, who stole from boss to pay for her addiction to Candy Crush spared jail
Hollie Johnson, 35, pictured outside Southwark Crown Court today, was spending a fortune on 'boosters' which help players get to the next level of a game.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 20 Feb 2020.
- Candy, cheese soar from NASA's Wallops Flight Facility to space station to satisfy crew cravings
A cargo ship rocketed toward the International Space Station on Saturday, carrying candy
and cheese to satisfy the astronauts' cravings.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 16 Feb 2020.
- On Valentines Day Warren Buffet Explains Why See's Candy is His 'Dream Business'
The billionaire investor, who bought See's Candy
in 1972, says people associate the boxes with romance.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 14 Feb 2020.
- Hapy Kitchen Portland, Oregon Raises The Bar On Confections In Gourmet Cannabis Edibles
I was in Portland, Oregon a couple weeks ago and happened upon a most intriguing company.
Forbes. Friday, 7 Feb 2020.
- Chocolate has been on the menu for a century at Aunt Charlotte's Candies
This family started serving candy
from a model T Ford in 1920. One hundred years later, their tried and true recipe is making people happy all over New Jersey.
ABC News. Friday, 31 Jan 2020.
- Got Impeachment Trial Milk? These Senators Do
The Senate's strict rules allow the following on the chamber's floor during the impeachment trial: water, candy
and ... milk. The presence of milk during the trial became a hot topic on social media.
NPR. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- Jerrell Dorsey sentenced to 60 years in fatal shooting of 7-year-old Heaven Sutton
Jerrell Dorsey has been sentenced to 60 years in prison for the 2012 death of 7-year-old Heaven Sutton, who was shot by a stray bullet while selling candy
with her mother by their Chicago home.
ABC News. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- America's favorite Valentine's Day candy is back, but not without a few hiccups
Sweethearts conversation hearts are back on shelves after changes in its ownership led the brand to miss the holiday last year.
CNBC. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Grant aimed at boosting endangered candy darter's comeback
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) - An endangered fish could get a boost from grants aimed at restoring its population in West Virginia. The West Virginia Division of Natural Resources is matching a $61,000 grant from the U.S. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- Riccardo Zacconi: Hitting the sweet spot
Riccardo Zacconi is the co-founder of King, the company behind "Candy Crush Saga" that was sold for $5.9 billion in 2016. He gives CNBC the inside story of the game that has hit the sweet spot for millions around the world.
CNBC. Monday, 6 Jan 2020.
- FDA issues ban on most flavored e-cigarettes
The Trump administration has outlawed the sale of fruit, candy, mint and dessert-flavored vapes popular with teens. But the ban has large exceptions which critics call a surrender to industry. Anna Werner reports.
CBS News. Thursday, 2 Jan 2020.
- NASA maps inner Milky Way, sees cosmic 'candy cane'
A feature resembling a candy
cane highlights this colorful composite image of our Milky Way galaxy's central zone. But this is no cosmic confection
. It's part of a set of radio-emitting filaments extending 190 light-years.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 18 Dec 2019.
- Smithsonian Archaeologist Crafts Science-Themed Cakes; This One Is an Elephantine Treat
Confectionary artworks span everything from an Aztec calendar stone to King Tut's tomb
Smithsonian. Monday, 25 Nov 2019.
Candy & Confectionery News Headlines and News Summaries