This Cable Television news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cable television and cable tv news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Newsmax TV Surpasses Bloomberg TV, C-SPAN in Key Ratings
Newsmax TV has surpassed Bloomberg Television and C-SPAN in key cable TV ratings, according to recently released Comscore data.
Newsmax. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Streaming Wars Update: NBCUniversal Unveils Programming Details for Upcoming Peacock
Peacock will be available to pay-TV subscribers who have cable TV service from parent company Comcast for no additional charge.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- TiVo cuts the cable TV cord with the $49 Stream 4K box - CNET
It's not a DVR, it's a streamer running Android TV and designed to be partnered the Sling TV service.
CNET. Tuesday, 7 Jan 2020.
- Cable man allegedly stabs 83-year-old woman to death in her own home
An 83-year-old woman has allegedly been stabbed to death in her home by a man working for her cable television
ABC News. Wednesday, 18 Dec 2019.
- John Sherman Buys Kansas City Royals For $1 Billion
The near-term upside for Sherman is the team's next cable TV deal.
Forbes. Friday, 22 Nov 2019.
- Cable Television Industry Near-Term Prospects Abundant
Industry Near-Term Prospects Abundant
Zacks. Wednesday, 20 Nov 2019.
- Altice USA misses estimates, cuts full-year sales forecast; shares slide
Altice USA missed expectations for third-quarter results on Tuesday due to weakness at its pay-TV division and the cable TV provider cut its full-year sales forecast, sending its shares down 10%.
CNBC. Wednesday, 6 Nov 2019.
- How AT&T, Disney and Comcast are handling the move from pay TV to streaming
The pricing and roll-out strategies of streaming services are linked to how much media companies have to gain, or lose, if consumers start relying on streaming video in lieu of cable TV.
CNBC. Sunday, 27 Oct 2019.
- Video streaming beats cable subscriptions for the first time
By the Motion Picture Association of America's count, more people are now subscribing to online video streaming services than cable television
ZDNet. Friday, 22 Mar 2019.
- Cord-cutting services are following cable TV's footsteps
Internet video stream cord-cutting services started as cheap alternatives to cable television, but now they are duplicating cable's business models with similar costs.
ZDNet. Tuesday, 22 Jan 2019.
- Nicolle Wallace, MSNBC host and former GOP aide, says Republican Party 'unrecognizable to me'
NEW YORK — Nicolle Wallace lives for the sort of chaos that makes most cable television
hosts shudder. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 10 Jun 2018.
- Trump calls for comedian Samantha Bee's firing after crude Ivanka slur
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump called on Friday for comedian Samantha Bee to be fired after she made a vulgar comment about his daughter and White House adviser Ivanka Trump on her cable television
Reuters. Friday, 1 Jun 2018.
- Comcast in 'advanced stages' of 21st Century Fox bid
The US cable TV giant considers a takeover offer, setting up a potential bidding war with Disney.
BBC News. Thursday, 24 May 2018.
- Inside the Beltway: Laura Ingraham outpaces Rachel Maddow
There is another ratings victory for Fox News Channel, which marks its 18th consecutive week as the No. 1 network across the entire cable TV realm besting such non-news rivals as HGTV or TNT, according to Nielsen Media Research. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 15 May 2018.
- Vodafone challenges Deutsche Telekom with $21.8 billion Liberty deal
LONDON (Reuters) - Vodafone has agreed to pay $21.8 billion to buy Liberty Global's assets in Germany and eastern Europe to take the fight to rivals with a broader range of superfast cable TV, broadband and mobile services.
Reuters. Wednesday, 9 May 2018.
Cable Television Equipment News Headlines and News Summaries