This Cable Television news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cable television and cable tv news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- About one-quarter of U.S. TV time is spent watching streaming services, says Nielsen
Network and cable TV still hold strong, accounting for 64% of time spent on televisions, according to data from Nielsen.
CNBC. Thursday, 17 Jun 2021.
- Wayne Gretzky joins TNT's NHL coverage 'for $3 million a year' after recruitment by Charles Barkley
Wayne Gretzky is headed from the Edmonton Oilers front office to a cable television
studio in Atlanta after being recruited to TNT by NBA analyst and friend Charles Barkley.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 26 May 2021.
- EMCORE (EMKR) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards?
EMCORE's (EMKR) second-quarter 2021 results benefit from strong performance of the broadband segment, driven by the continued surge in demand for its Cable TV
transmitters and components.
Zacks. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Are cord-cutters satisfied?
Will cable TV subscribers become extinct? Maybe not. A new J.D. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- As Their Ratings Drop, TV Networks Fault Nielsen; Media Researchers Weigh In
During the pandemic, TV ratings plummeted. The VAB, a trade organization promoting broadcast & cable TV cites Nielsen's inability to accurately measure homes with their people meter panel during the lockdown as the reason. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- Nokia (NOK) Boosts NCTC Network Expansion With Fiber Solutions
Nokia (NOK) partners National Cable Television
Cooperative to accelerate the latter's member companies' network expansion and deployment initiatives on the back of customized fiber solutions.
Zacks. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- Is cable dying?
1 in 3 households in the U.S. has a Netflix subscription. With the rise of streaming services, are cable TV's days numbered? CNET's Bridget Carey joins CBSN with a look at how the number of "cord cutters" is growing.
CBS News. Friday, 2 Apr 2021.
- CNN, Fox News Split Prime Time Victories In February Cable Ratings
MSNBC's "The Rachel Maddow Show" was the most-watched prime time show in all of cable television
for the month.
Forbes. Tuesday, 2 Mar 2021.
- Altice USA CEO says cable TV will die and broadband and wireless companies should merge
The CEO of Altice USA, the fourth largest U.S. cable provider by subscribers, says it's only a matter of time before cable TV dies off.
CNBC. Monday, 1 Mar 2021.
- MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell will release a three-HOUR movie claiming election fraud
The Donald Trump supporter said the movie will be out on cable TV Friday. Lindell, main, said he made the doc over five days under former Navy SEAL security. Trump is inset.
Daily Mail. Friday, 5 Feb 2021.
Cable Television Equipment News Headlines and News Summaries