This Cable Television news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cable television and cable tv news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sanguine Prospects for Cable Television Industry's Near Term
Sanguine Prospects for Cable Television
Industry's Near Term
Zacks. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- Democratic 2020 dropout Andrew Yang endorses Joe Biden on live TV
Andrew Yang, a former presidential candidate who faced off against Joe Biden on the debate stage, announced his support for the former vice president while serving on a cable TV news panel.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 11 Mar 2020.
- YouTube TV: The best premium live-TV streaming service - CNET
YouTube TV is the premier cable TV replacement with an easy-to-use interface, a generous DVR and a comprehensive channel lineup.
CNET. Thursday, 5 Mar 2020.
- Sean Spicer Set To Launch New Cable TV Show About How The News Is Being Covered
The first episode will premiere on March 3
Daily Caller. Thursday, 13 Feb 2020.
- Black News Channel looks to shake up US cable TV
The network plans to offer original programming "created by people of colour for people of colour".
BBC News. Monday, 10 Feb 2020.
- Newsmax TV Surpasses Bloomberg TV, C-SPAN in Key Ratings
Newsmax TV has surpassed Bloomberg Television and C-SPAN in key cable TV ratings, according to recently released Comscore data.
Newsmax. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Streaming Wars Update: NBCUniversal Unveils Programming Details for Upcoming Peacock
Peacock will be available to pay-TV subscribers who have cable TV service from parent company Comcast for no additional charge.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Cable man allegedly stabs 83-year-old woman to death in her own home
An 83-year-old woman has allegedly been stabbed to death in her home by a man working for her cable television
ABC News. Wednesday, 18 Dec 2019.
- John Sherman Buys Kansas City Royals For $1 Billion
The near-term upside for Sherman is the team's next cable TV deal.
Forbes. Friday, 22 Nov 2019.
- Cable Television Industry Near-Term Prospects Abundant
Industry Near-Term Prospects Abundant
Zacks. Wednesday, 20 Nov 2019.
- Altice USA misses estimates, cuts full-year sales forecast; shares slide
Altice USA missed expectations for third-quarter results on Tuesday due to weakness at its pay-TV division and the cable TV provider cut its full-year sales forecast, sending its shares down 10%.
CNBC. Wednesday, 6 Nov 2019.
- How AT&T, Disney and Comcast are handling the move from pay TV to streaming
The pricing and roll-out strategies of streaming services are linked to how much media companies have to gain, or lose, if consumers start relying on streaming video in lieu of cable TV.
CNBC. Sunday, 27 Oct 2019.
- Video streaming beats cable subscriptions for the first time
By the Motion Picture Association of America's count, more people are now subscribing to online video streaming services than cable television
ZDNet. Friday, 22 Mar 2019.
- Cord-cutting services are following cable TV's footsteps
Internet video stream cord-cutting services started as cheap alternatives to cable television, but now they are duplicating cable's business models with similar costs.
ZDNet. Tuesday, 22 Jan 2019.
- Nicolle Wallace, MSNBC host and former GOP aide, says Republican Party 'unrecognizable to me'
NEW YORK — Nicolle Wallace lives for the sort of chaos that makes most cable television
hosts shudder. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 10 Jun 2018.
Cable Television Equipment News Headlines and News Summaries