This Cable Television news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cable television and cable tv news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- India's Modi Defends Moves In Kashmir As Lockdown Continues
India has split the state into two territories and shut off phone, Internet and cable TV service in the disputed region since early August.
NPR. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Sling TV review: The best budget live TV streaming service - CNET
Sling TV offers cord cutters a wealth of live cable TV channels and plenty of add-on options for an affordable price.
CNET. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Ex-Outdoor Channel host pleads guilty to deer poaching
A former host of the cable TV hunting show "Fear No Evil" pleaded guilty Tuesday to a federal hunting violation.
Fox News. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
- Cable Television Industry Near-Term Prospects Abundant
Industry Near-Term Prospects Abundant
Zacks. Monday, 15 Jul 2019.
- Disney's Freeform claps back against critics of 'Little Mermaid' casting
A Disney-owned cable television
channel issued a scathing response to critics who are upset that a black woman was cast as Ariel in the upcoming live-action adaptation of "The Little Mermaid."
ABC News. Monday, 8 Jul 2019.
- Supreme Court to hear Comcast appeal in Byron Allen racial bias suit
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday agreed to hear cable television
operator Comcast Corp's bid to throw out comedian and producer Byron Allen's racial bias lawsuit accusing the company of discriminating against black-owned channels. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 10 Jun 2019.
- Factors to Consider Ahead of Comcast's (CMCSA) Q1 Earnings
Comcast (CMCSA) first-quarter earnings are likely to benefit from the expanding high-speed Internet subscriber base amid ongoing cord-cutting and stiff competition in the cable TV market.
Zacks. Monday, 22 Apr 2019.
- Colorado television technician faces felony charges for hugging a customer too tightly
A Colorado cable TV repairman has been charged with assault after he allegedly gave a terrified 70 year-old female customer a powerful bear hug.
Daily Mail. Monday, 22 Apr 2019.
- Apple announces long-awaited streaming service Apple TV Plus
Apple has announced a new streaming service, Apple TV Plus, that will house its original shows and movies and could compete with Netflix, Amazon and cable TV itself.
CBC News. Monday, 25 Mar 2019.
- Long-awaited video service expected from Apple on Monday
Apple is expected to announce Monday that it's launching a video service that could compete with Netflix, Amazon and cable TV itself. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 25 Mar 2019.
- Video streaming beats cable subscriptions for the first time
By the Motion Picture Association of America's count, more people are now subscribing to online video streaming services than cable television
ZDNet. Friday, 22 Mar 2019.
- Comcast to launch streaming video service for internet customers
Comcast Corp said on Thursday it will launch a new internet streaming video service called Xfinity Flex, as the U.S. cable operator targets TV viewers who prefer watching content online over more expensive cable TV packages.
Reuters. Thursday, 21 Mar 2019.
- Cord-cutting services are following cable TV's footsteps
Internet video stream cord-cutting services started as cheap alternatives to cable television, but now they are duplicating cable's business models with similar costs.
ZDNet. Tuesday, 22 Jan 2019.
- Nicolle Wallace, MSNBC host and former GOP aide, says Republican Party 'unrecognizable to me'
NEW YORK — Nicolle Wallace lives for the sort of chaos that makes most cable television
hosts shudder. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 10 Jun 2018.
- UFC 225: Date, Time, TV, Stream Info And Potential Viewership Competition
UFC 225 and all of its segments will overlap with all of Saturday's major combat sports events on OTT and network cable television
Forbes. Thursday, 7 Jun 2018.
Cable Television Equipment News Headlines and News Summaries