This Cable Television news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cable television and cable tv news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Amount of time spent on video streaming apps increased by almost a THIRD
It wasn't just on-demand programming that increased, the cable television
firm says TV consumption as a whole has gone up across all platforms since lockdown.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Margarita Pracatan: Cuban singer beloved of Clive James dies at 89
Discovered by Clive James on cable TV, she became his show's "resident Latin American chanteuse".
BBC News. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Fox News Dominates As Most-Watched Network On Cable Television Last Week
The network beat out the competition again
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 7 Apr 2020.
- Cable TV channels from an over-the-air antenna? Next Gen TV makes it possible - CNET
Edge Networks is launching Evoca, a new kind of pay TV service broadcast over the air, this summer in Boise, Idaho.
CNET. Tuesday, 7 Apr 2020.
- Sanguine Prospects for Cable Television Industry's Near Term
Sanguine Prospects for Cable Television
Industry's Near Term
Zacks. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- Democratic 2020 dropout Andrew Yang endorses Joe Biden on live TV
Andrew Yang, a former presidential candidate who faced off against Joe Biden on the debate stage, announced his support for the former vice president while serving on a cable TV news panel.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 11 Mar 2020.
- Sean Spicer Set To Launch New Cable TV Show About How The News Is Being Covered
The first episode will premiere on March 3
Daily Caller. Thursday, 13 Feb 2020.
- Black News Channel looks to shake up US cable TV
The network plans to offer original programming "created by people of colour for people of colour".
BBC News. Monday, 10 Feb 2020.
- Streaming Wars Update: NBCUniversal Unveils Programming Details for Upcoming Peacock
Peacock will be available to pay-TV subscribers who have cable TV service from parent company Comcast for no additional charge.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Altice USA misses estimates, cuts full-year sales forecast; shares slide
Altice USA missed expectations for third-quarter results on Tuesday due to weakness at its pay-TV division and the cable TV provider cut its full-year sales forecast, sending its shares down 10%.
CNBC. Wednesday, 6 Nov 2019.
- How AT&T, Disney and Comcast are handling the move from pay TV to streaming
The pricing and roll-out strategies of streaming services are linked to how much media companies have to gain, or lose, if consumers start relying on streaming video in lieu of cable TV.
CNBC. Sunday, 27 Oct 2019.
Cable Television Equipment News Headlines and News Summaries