This Cable Television news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about cable television and cable tv news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- AT&T Watch TV review: Great freebie, not-so-great cable TV replacement - CNET
At just $15 per month -- or free for certain AT&T Wireless customers -- it's the cheapest multichannel live TV service. But competitors offer better functionality, including Roku support and a DVR.
CNET. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Woman tricked by scam offering cable TV discount
A local woman trying to get a good deal on her cable bill found out the hard way that it was too good to be true. Toni Smith told FOX 46 she can't believe she fell for it.
Fox News. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- Can T-Mobile's TVision Home Replace Your Cable TV?
T-Mobile's TVision Home Can Replace Your Cable TV, but It's Not Cheap Over the past 18 months, a growing number of streaming services have really been shaking up the TV business, giving ...
Yahoo. Friday, 3 May 2019.
- NFL Draft 2019: How to watch live, when it starts, draft order and picks - CNET
Watch every pick on TV or streaming live on a computer, phone or tablet -- no cable TV subscription required.
CNET. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
- Factors to Consider Ahead of Comcast's (CMCSA) Q1 Earnings
Comcast (CMCSA) first-quarter earnings are likely to benefit from the expanding high-speed Internet subscriber base amid ongoing cord-cutting and stiff competition in the cable TV market.
Zacks. Monday, 22 Apr 2019.
- Colorado television technician faces felony charges for hugging a customer too tightly
A Colorado cable TV repairman has been charged with assault after he allegedly gave a terrified 70 year-old female customer a powerful bear hug.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 21 Apr 2019.
- Apple announces long-awaited streaming service Apple TV Plus
Apple has announced a new streaming service, Apple TV Plus, that will house its original shows and movies and could compete with Netflix, Amazon and cable TV itself.
CBC News. Monday, 25 Mar 2019.
- Long-awaited video service expected from Apple on Monday
Apple is expected to announce Monday that it's launching a video service that could compete with Netflix, Amazon and cable TV itself. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 25 Mar 2019.
- Video streaming beats cable subscriptions for the first time
By the Motion Picture Association of America's count, more people are now subscribing to online video streaming services than cable television.
ZDNet. Friday, 22 Mar 2019.
- Comcast to launch streaming video service for internet customers
Comcast Corp said on Thursday it will launch a new internet streaming video service called Xfinity Flex, as the U.S. cable operator targets TV viewers who prefer watching content online over more expensive cable TV packages.
Reuters. Thursday, 21 Mar 2019.
- Internet, used car repairs top W.Va. AG consumer complaints
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) - Internet service, used vehicle repairs and cable TV are topping the West Virginia attorney general's list of consumer complaints in the Charleston-Huntington regions. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 15 Mar 2019.
- Cable Television Industry Near-Term Prospects Encouraging
Cable Television Industry Near-Term Prospects Encouraging
Zacks. Thursday, 7 Mar 2019.
- Americans spend more than $1,000 a year per household on cable TV channels they NEVER watch
Americans watch an average of 11 channels out of 192 available on cable TV, and the unused channel cost an average of $1,088 per year, per household, according to a new survey.
Daily Mail. Friday, 8 Feb 2019.
- Box set: TV drama stirs debate over South Korea's cutthroat education culture
It was created as a biting satire of South Korea's notoriously competitive education system, but the country's most popular cable TV drama has inspired some fans to ignore its warnings and instead double down on their pursuit of success.
Reuters. Saturday, 2 Feb 2019.
- Cord-cutting services are following cable TV's footsteps
Internet video stream cord-cutting services started as cheap alternatives to cable television, but now they are duplicating cable's business models with similar costs.
ZDNet. Tuesday, 22 Jan 2019.
Vintage cable television manhole cover
Related Directory Page(s)
Cable Television Equipment News Headlines and News Summaries