This Cable Television news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cable television and cable tv news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- ESPN Starting A Streaming Service Is The Beginning Of The End Of Cable
As cord-cutting continues, ESPN's plans to launch a direct-to-consumer streaming service, will mark the beginning of the end of cable television
Forbes. Thursday, 1 Jun 2023.
- 2 Cable Stocks to Buy From a Challenging Industry
Cable television industry participants like Rogers Communication (RCI) and Liberty Global (LBTYA) are benefiting from the growing demand for high-speed Internet, including broadband.
Zacks. Thursday, 25 May 2023.
- Brittney Griner's return to the court was the most-watched WNBA game on cable in 24 YEARS
Brittney Griner's return to WNBA action was the most-watched WNBA game on cable TV in a staggering 24 years, as her Phoenix Mercury were comfortably beat by the LA Sparks.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 24 May 2023.
- Is ESPN Cutting Its Own Cord?
An internal project called "Flagship" is mapping out a plan to stream all of ESPN's cable TV content in the coming years.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 19 May 2023.
- Commentary: Cable news remains powerful. The reaction to Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon proves it
How the media reacted to the firings of the Fox News and CNN hosts is a signal of the power that cable TV news, and its anchors, continues to wield.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 25 Apr 2023.
- Tucker Carlson Has Left Fox News
In a shock to many, conservative firebrand Tucker Carlson, host to one of the top rated programs on cable TV has abruptly left Fox News.
Forbes. Monday, 24 Apr 2023.
- What Dominion's lawsuit could mean for Fox and its cable TV networks
Dominion Voting System's defamation lawsuit against Fox Corp. and its cable TV networks will go to trial on Monday.
CNBC. Friday, 14 Apr 2023.
- Rocco Commisso: How a billionaire businessman runs a soccer club
Rocco Commisso made billions running his cable TV empire, but owning Italian soccer club ACF Fiorentina has been much harder, he told 60 Minutes correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi.
CBS News. Sunday, 19 Mar 2023.
- Streaming bundles are forming, but don't expect a cable TV-like package any time soon
It's easy to say streaming will morph into cable-like bundles, but business realities are working against the concept.
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Samsung Galaxy A53, Stream from Virgin Media, and more - Pocket-lint Podcast 152
The Pocket-lint Podcast episode 152 is now available to stream and download.This week, UK cable TV and broadband provider, Virgin Media, announced an all-in-one
Pocket Lint. Friday, 29 Apr 2022.
Cable Television Equipment News Headlines and News Summaries