This Cable Television news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cable television and cable tv news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Harmonic (HLIT) Boosts Medianet's Video Delivery With EyeQ
Harmonic (HLIT) provides its EyeQ content-aware encoding solution to Maldivian cable TV provider, Medianet, to upgrade the latter's video streaming service delivery.
Zacks. Thursday, 19 Nov 2020.
- ADTRAN (ADTN) Spurs FTTH Deployments With NCTC Collaboration
ADTRAN (ADTN) partners with National Cable Television
Cooperative to provide next-gen fiber access solutions to the latter's members for a revamped network infrastructure.
Zacks. Monday, 16 Nov 2020.
- Biden Election Call Boosts Cable TV Network Ratings
Ratings surged, with 21 million watching six networks, but Fox News viewers tuned out at a higher percentage as the coverage went on.
New York Times. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- The Rise And Fall Of Cable Television
After decades of growth, the ratings and subscriber counts of most cable networks have been in decline. Their parent companies are now focusing on streaming video platforms.
Forbes. Monday, 2 Nov 2020.
- Netflix will keep raising prices with confidence as its value proposition remains superior to cable TV
Netflix will keep raising prices with minimal blowback because the company's best comparison is the cable bundle without news and sports.
CNBC. Saturday, 31 Oct 2020.
- Media executives are finally accepting the decline of cable TV as they plot a new path forward
The largest U.S. media companies are projecting about 25 million more households will cancel cable TV in the next five years, prompting major changes throughout the industry.
CNBC. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- How the end of 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' hints at cable TV's demise
The E! staple will be saying goodbye in March 2021, but the series finale says more about the decline of traditional cable television
Yahoo. Saturday, 12 Sep 2020.
- Paul Kagan, Cable TV Pioneer, Dies.
Paul Kagan, the Guru of Cable, and a well-regarded Cable analyst, has passed away.
Forbes. Thursday, 10 Sep 2020.
- Donald Trump complains that cable news is not covering Republican convention's roll call of states
President Donald Trump tweeted out his complaints at cable TV networks for failing to cover the roll call of states as the Republican National Convention.
Daily Mail. Monday, 24 Aug 2020.
- Cable TV channels from an over-the-air antenna? Next Gen TV makes it possible - CNET
Edge Networks is launching Evoca, a new kind of pay TV service broadcast over the air, this summer in Boise, Idaho.
CNET. Tuesday, 7 Apr 2020.
Cable Television Equipment News Headlines and News Summaries