This Cable Television news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cable television and cable tv news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- MLB Plans Service To Stream Local Games For Those Without Cable TV
Major League Baseball is in talks to start a streaming service for local games and follow comments by commissioner Rob Manfred about the subject.
Forbes. Monday, 18 Oct 2021.
- Comcast's (CMCSA) Xfinity Drops MSG Network Over Fees Dispute
Comcast's (CMCSA) Xfinity cable TV service sheds Madison Square Garden Entertainment's (MSGE) MSG Network from its bouquet of channels over a fees discrepancy.
Zacks. Wednesday, 6 Oct 2021.
- With A Non-Election Year, TV News And Their Websites Have Been Losing Audience
With a slower news cycle in 2021, the audience for cable TV and their websites, while still strong, has dropped when compared to last year.
Forbes. Monday, 4 Oct 2021.
- Amdocs' (DOX) Vubiquity Renews Izzi TV Content Licensing Deal
Amdocs (DOX) Media Division, Vubiquity, extends multi-year content licensing and processing agreement with Mexican cable TV provider, Izzi TV.
Zacks. Wednesday, 15 Sep 2021.
- Gustave M. Hauser, an Early Force in Cable TV, Dies at 91
The bold experiment Mr. Hauser undertook in Columbus, Ohio, in 1977 helped usher in the modern era of multichannel digital cable television
New York Times. Friday, 20 Aug 2021.
- About one-quarter of U.S. TV time is spent watching streaming services, says Nielsen
Network and cable TV still hold strong, accounting for 64% of time spent on televisions, according to data from Nielsen.
CNBC. Thursday, 17 Jun 2021.
- Wayne Gretzky joins TNT's NHL coverage 'for $3 million a year' after recruitment by Charles Barkley
Wayne Gretzky is headed from the Edmonton Oilers front office to a cable television
studio in Atlanta after being recruited to TNT by NBA analyst and friend Charles Barkley.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 26 May 2021.
- Altice USA CEO says cable TV will die and broadband and wireless companies should merge
The CEO of Altice USA, the fourth largest U.S. cable provider by subscribers, says it's only a matter of time before cable TV dies off.
CNBC. Monday, 1 Mar 2021.
Cable Television Equipment News Headlines and News Summaries