This Cable Television news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about cable television and cable tv news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Media executives are finally accepting the decline of cable TV as they plot a new path forward
The largest U.S. media companies are projecting about 25 million more households will cancel cable TV in the next five years, prompting major changes throughout the industry.
CNBC. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- How the end of 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' hints at cable TV's demise
The E! staple will be saying goodbye in March 2021, but the series finale says more about the decline of traditional cable television
Yahoo. Saturday, 12 Sep 2020.
- Paul Kagan, Cable TV Pioneer, Dies.
Paul Kagan, the Guru of Cable, and a well-regarded Cable analyst, has passed away.
Forbes. Thursday, 10 Sep 2020.
- Donald Trump complains that cable news is not covering Republican convention's roll call of states
President Donald Trump tweeted out his complaints at cable TV networks for failing to cover the roll call of states as the Republican National Convention.
Daily Mail. Monday, 24 Aug 2020.
- TV audience for night two of Democratic convention down from 2016
The event, which was held virtually for the first time because of the COVID-19 pandemic, was watched by roughly 19.2 million people on 10 U.S. broadcast and cable television
networks, said Nielsen. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 19 Aug 2020.
- Sumner Redstone: Empire Builder for the MTV Generation
He embodied the impolite era of the media mogul, a time before streaming, when movie theaters and cable TV were all the rage.
New York Times. Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020.
- Cable Television Industry's Near-Term Prospects Lack Luster
Industry's Near-Term Prospects Lack Luster
Zacks. Friday, 31 Jul 2020.
- Amount of time spent on video streaming apps increased by almost a THIRD
It wasn't just on-demand programming that increased, the cable television
firm says TV consumption as a whole has gone up across all platforms since lockdown.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Cable TV channels from an over-the-air antenna? Next Gen TV makes it possible - CNET
Edge Networks is launching Evoca, a new kind of pay TV service broadcast over the air, this summer in Boise, Idaho.
CNET. Tuesday, 7 Apr 2020.
Cable Television Equipment News Headlines and News Summaries