This Business news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about business news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How to Start Using Email to Market Your Small Business
Email is still the best way to reach your customers.
Entrepreneur. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- Former Unilever veteran Banga lined up to lead government agency UKGI
A former Unilever executive is being lined up to take the helm of the Whitehall agency which oversees taxpayers' interests in businesses including the Post Office, NatWest Group and Channel 4.
Sky News. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- Save the slog and buy an oven-ready small business
It tends to be easiest to buy a business
in a field where you have existing expertise. You're likely to already have contacts, and to have a better grasp of the value of the business
and its potential.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- Free leads from Google: How to set up, optimize your Google My Business page
There's a pretty easy (and free) way to position yourself as the local expert and scoop up leads as you grow, thanks to Google My Business
. Here's how to set up, build and optimize your business
Inman. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- New Data: Who Is Creating Million-Dollar, One-Person Businesses?
One of the most exciting trends in the small business
world is the growth of million-dollar, one-person businesses. Now there's more data available showing who is building them--and women and minority-owned firms are well-represented.
Forbes. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- How To Burnout-Proof Your Business
Many self-employed people are battling exhaustion these days. Putting a few simple systems in place can help you get your energy back on track.
Forbes. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- MAIL ON SUNDAY COMMENT: Extradition to America: shameful, unfair and oppressive
MOS COMMENT: Businessman Mike Lynch faces being hauled off to the US on allegations of fraud. Yet Britain's own Serious Fraud Office has not even called him in for an interview.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Lollapalooza scam: Fraudsters target festival-goers with fake tickets, vaccination cards
Lollapalooza is back this year and fraudsters are taking advantage of festival-goers' excitement to attend. Consumer Investigator Jason Knowles has the warning from the Better Business
ABC News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- What Business Podcasters Need to Know About Social Audio Platforms
Social audio platforms allow you to create interactive social media shows complete with live voting, real-time rankings and more.
Entrepreneur. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Mask mandates return, states consider vaccination requirements as COVID-19 cases rise nationwide
New coronavirus infections are on the rise across the nation, mask mandates are returning in some places, and cities, states and businesses are rolling out vaccination requirements. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- After Sancho, Varane signings, Man United have to win titles. Can Solskjaer deliver?
Man United's summer business
has naturally sparked high expectations for trophies this coming season. No pressure, then.
ESPN. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- How Covid 'almost shut down' the island of Alderney
First Covid outbreak among Alderney's 2,000 residents causes 'sleepless nights' for businesses.
BBC News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Europe recovers from double-dip recession but lags the United States.
The eurozone economy grew 2 percent last quarter, as lockdowns eased and business
New York Times. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Lollapalooza gives big boost to downtown businesses, bars, hotels
Lollapalooza is drawing hundreds of thousands of people into downtown Chicago, and when they're not at the festival they're spending money.
ABC News. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Covid: Furlough cut 'kick in teeth' as businesses recover
Making businesses pay more towards furlough could lead to job losses, unions have warned.
BBC News. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
Business Services News Headlines and News Summaries