This Building Material news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about building material and construction material news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 2 Real Estate Development Stocks to Avoid Amid Industry Woes
Zacks Real Estate - Development industry stocks LGIH and FOR are likely to bear the brunt of rising interest rates and inflationary pressure as well as a shortage in construction materials.
Zacks. Tuesday, 13 Sep 2022.
- Tiny home startup looks to disrupt by building with recycled plastic
Azure Printed Homes uses recycled plastic as its building material
. The company said its goal is to develop homes faster, more economically and with much less of an environmental impact.
Inman. Monday, 22 Aug 2022.
- U.S. retail sales stall as gasoline prices decline.
Sales of other goods rose more than expected in July, with food, building materials, electronics and other goods posting gains.
New York Times. Wednesday, 17 Aug 2022.
- MDU Resources To Spin-Off Its Construction Materials Business Knife River Corp
MDU, $30.82, Market Capitalization: $6.3 billion) announced that its Board of Directors unanimously approved a plan to separate its wholly owned construction material
business, Knife River Corp.
Forbes. Friday, 12 Aug 2022.
- Demand for mortgages hits lowest level since 2000
Decline in purchase applications aligns with slower homebuilding activity due to reduced buyer traffic and ongoing building material
shortages, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association.
Inman. Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022.
- Russia threatens Lithuania as Kaliningrad blockade threatens to drag NATO into war
Lt-Gen Evgeny Buzhinsky said the West is playing with fire after deliveries of coal, metals, construction materials and advanced technology were stopped from entering the Russian territory via Lithuania.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 21 Jun 2022.
- Beacon (BECN) Buys Complete Supply, Expands Chicago Presence
With the Complete Supply buyout, Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN) fortifies building materials distribution in the greater Chicago market.
Zacks. Friday, 3 Jun 2022.
- Skyrocketing Construction Costs Threatening Full Recovery
"The rising costs of construction materials is a serious threat to policyholders in 2022. This rise is well documented at this point, but it is one thing to notice the trend and another to consider its implications."
Forbes. Tuesday, 19 Apr 2022.
- Marmite to Magnum maker Unilever says costs have soared - and it's already putting up prices
Every day, it seems, there is fresh evidence of a take-off in inflation - whether it is soaring petrol prices, higher building materials prices or rising paper and packaging costs.
Sky News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
Building Materials News Headlines and News Summaries