This Building Material news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about building material and construction material news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Marmite to Magnum maker Unilever says costs have soared - and it's already putting up prices
Every day, it seems, there is fresh evidence of a take-off in inflation - whether it is soaring petrol prices, higher building materials prices or rising paper and packaging costs.
Sky News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Carlisle (CSL) to Buy Henry, To Boost Construction Business
Carlisle's (CSL) Henry buyout is likely to strengthen its growth prospects in North America residential and commercial construction markets. Henry will be added to the Carlisle Construction Materials segment.
Zacks. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Farmer hits out at Cheshire fly-tippers that dumped an entire kitchen
A fridge, a separate freezer, a toilet and ample building material
believed to be from a Manchester takeaway refit were dumped on Andrew Sharpe's farm in Rixton, near Warrington, Cheshire.
Daily Mail. Friday, 25 Jun 2021.
- New home sales fall to 1-year low
New home sales are still up 9.2 percent year over year but have been falling since March, likely as a result of high home prices due to the rising cost of construction materials like lumber.
Inman. Wednesday, 23 Jun 2021.
- These Are the Ten Biggest Companies in Building Materials Industry
Building materials is a massive industry that includes several sub segments. This industry includes glass and glassware; products of clay, concrete, ...
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 22 Jun 2021.
- Scientists turned food scraps like banana peels, and cabbage leaves into construction materials
Researchers in Japan created a way to turn food waste, such as banana peels or cabbage leaves into building products for construction.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 26 May 2021.
- Builders FirstSource (BLDR) Expands Reach in Arizona With Alliance
Builders FirstSource (BLDR) adds another building materials supplier to its portfolio with the acquisition of Alliance.
Zacks. Tuesday, 25 May 2021.
- Prices for construction materials, producer goods spike as inflation concerns persist
Companies paid significantly higher prices to producers in April, and prices of construction materials also rose sharply, in two more signs of inflation for the recovering U.S. economy. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 13 May 2021.
- Uproar over California school handling of toxic chemicals
Building materials used in a California school are sparking a nationwide debate about the safety of students. The dispute involves toxic chemicals known as PCBs. They were discovered in Malibu classrooms about thee years ago. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 15 Apr 2021.
- Earthquake crumbles downtown Napa buildings
Bricks and building materials were strewn across several streets in Downtown Napa. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 24 Mar 2021.
- Homebuilder confidence improves, despite record high lumber prices
Buyer demand for newly built homes continues to surge, and that is keeping builder confidence high even as building material
CNBC. Wednesday, 17 Feb 2021.
- Building materials maker Azek raises outlook on hopes of continued housing boom
Azek, a maker of sustainable building materials, saw revenues grow 28% last quarter amid a red-hot market and raised its guidance for the current fiscal year.
CNBC. Saturday, 13 Feb 2021.
- This entrepreneur transforms difficult-to-recycle plastics into very resistant paving stones
Nzambi Matee is the founder of Gjenge Makers, a company that uses high and low density polyethylene and polypropylene as raw materials in order to create building materials.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021.
- Wickes owner Travis Perkins plans to shed 2,500 jobs
The UK's largest building materials group has announced plans to cut 2,500 jobs as the coronavirus crisis takes its toll on demand.
Sky News. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
Building Materials News Headlines and News Summaries