This Building Material news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about building material and construction material news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Uproar over California school handling of toxic chemicals
Building materials used in a California school are sparking a nationwide debate about the safety of students. The dispute involves toxic chemicals known as PCBs. They were discovered in Malibu classrooms about thee years ago. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 15 Apr 2021.
- Earthquake crumbles downtown Napa buildings
Bricks and building materials were strewn across several streets in Downtown Napa. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 24 Mar 2021.
- Homebuilder confidence improves, despite record high lumber prices
Buyer demand for newly built homes continues to surge, and that is keeping builder confidence high even as building material
CNBC. Wednesday, 17 Feb 2021.
- Bulgaria Says 400 Kilos Of Heroin Found In Cargo From Iran
Bulgarian authorities say they have confiscated more than 400 kilograms of heroin from a ship traveling from Dubai that was transporting construction materials from Iran.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 16 Feb 2021.
- Building materials maker Azek raises outlook on hopes of continued housing boom
Azek, a maker of sustainable building materials, saw revenues grow 28% last quarter amid a red-hot market and raised its guidance for the current fiscal year.
CNBC. Saturday, 13 Feb 2021.
- This entrepreneur transforms difficult-to-recycle plastics into very resistant paving stones
Nzambi Matee is the founder of Gjenge Makers, a company that uses high and low density polyethylene and polypropylene as raw materials in order to create building materials.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 9 Feb 2021.
- 'Ethical' funds still hold shares in Grenfell fire firm
A number of leading ethical investment funds continue to hold shares in Irish building materials business Kingspan.
Daily Mail. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Fire Hits Huge Market In Dushanbe
A fire has swept through Tajikistan's largest market of construction materials and household appliances, Sultoni Kabir, in Dushanbe, the capital.
Radio Liberty. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- New building materials watchdog formed after Grenfell fire inquiry
The investigation into the 2017 fire heard some firms involved in the production of materials used on the tower's flammable cladding deliberately manipulated fire tests and marketing materials.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- MDU Resources' (MDU) Arm Acquires McMurry Ready-Mix's Assets
MDU Resources' (MDU) subsidiary Knife River buys the assets of McMurry Ready-Mix to further expand its construction material
Zacks. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- Wickes owner Travis Perkins plans to shed 2,500 jobs
The UK's largest building materials group has announced plans to cut 2,500 jobs as the coronavirus crisis takes its toll on demand.
Sky News. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus: SIG constructs stake sale to buyout firm
A public markets deal which has not been seen in London for more than a decade will re-emerge on Friday when SIG, a building materials group, unveils plans to sell a big stake to the buyout firm Clayton Dubilier & Rice (CD&R).
Sky News. Thursday, 28 May 2020.
Building Materials News Headlines and News Summaries