This Building Material news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about building material and construction material news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Occidental (OXY) Gains From Investments & Permian Exposure
Occidental's (OXY) increasing investment and Permian Basin focus are likely to have a positive impact on earnings. However, stringent regulation and the impact of inflation on construction materials are concerns.
Zacks. Wednesday, 31 May 2023.
- Robin Guenther, Architect of Healthy Hospitals, Dies at 68
Supporting the use of nontoxic construction materials, she co-wrote the first guide to building green health care facilities and designed them to be less austere.
New York Times. Friday, 19 May 2023.
- Why Indiana Limestone Is One of America's Most Prized Building Materials
From the 19th century to today, a geological trove offers a strong foundation for the nation's cities
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 17 May 2023.
- Building materials supplier CMO swings back to full-year profit
The Plymouth-based company, which sells plumbing, heating and insulation products as well as tiles, doors and bathrooms, said sales fell 10% in the last quarter.
Daily Mail. Friday, 12 May 2023.
- Is it the end for the doer-upper? What you need to know if you want to 'flip' run-down properties
Building materials have been steadily rising in price for years, and 2023 is to be no exception due to inflation still wreaking havoc on the economy.
Daily Mail. Monday, 8 May 2023.
- The Materials Stock You Need to Own in May for Optimal Returns
Building and construction materials leader Owens Corning's (OC) shares have been soaring in price and look poised to maintain the momentum. Let's explore the trends of some of the ...
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 3 May 2023.
- Colleges Showcase Mass Timber, in Research and on Display
Campuses across the nation are promoting the sustainable construction material
as a low-carbon alternative to steel and concrete.
New York Times. Tuesday, 14 Mar 2023.
- The mushrooms you can wear and build with
A growing number of firms are turning fungi roots into clothing and building material
BBC News. Monday, 6 Mar 2023.
- British chip giant Arm chooses New York listing in a blow to London
British chip designer Arm and building materials group CRH are planning to pursue a listing in the U.S., dealing a blow to London.
CNBC. Friday, 3 Mar 2023.
- Blow for London as another FTSE 100 firm eyes primary listing in New York
FTSE 100 building materials firm CRH has recommended moving its primary stock market listing to New York, exacerbating worries about the London market's standing as a global financial centre.
Sky News. Thursday, 2 Mar 2023.
- Here's Why Carlisle (CSL) Stock is Up More Than 11% in a Year
Carlisle (CSL) is backed by strengthening reroofing activity in its Carlisle Construction Materials (CCM) segment and accretive acquisitions. Its shareholder-friendly measures are also encouraging.
Zacks. Tuesday, 28 Feb 2023.
- Fears of fire after Grenfell tragedy are 'holding back switch to building with wood'
Fear of fire in the wake of the Grenfell tragedy is holding back a switch to more sustainable building materials, a leading architect has told Sky News.
Sky News. Saturday, 4 Feb 2023.
- Plantd Raises $10M, Pioneering Carbon-Negative Building Materials
Serial entrepreneur Josh Dorfman teams up with a couple of former SpaceX engineers to disrupt the building materials market. They just closed their Series A round. ...
Forbes. Saturday, 28 Jan 2023.
Building Materials News Headlines and News Summaries