This Building Material news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about building material and construction material news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Simple software creates complex wooden joints
Wood is considered an attractive construction material
for both aesthetic and environmental purposes. Construction of useful wood objects requires complicated structures and ways to connect components together. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- JPMorgan predicts a 10% rally for the S&P 500 and names the U.S. sectors to watch
Industrial and construction material
stocks will be among the sectors that will benefit as U.S. markets hit fresh highs over the next year, JPMorgan Private Bank's Grace Peters told CNBC on Tuesday.
CNBC. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- Foundation Building Buys Marriott, Boosts Milwaukee Presence
Foundation Building Materials' (FBM) acquisition of Marriott is set to generate $2-$3 million of net sales for the rest of 2020.
Zacks. Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020.
- Builders FirstSource & BMC Enter Into Merger Deal, Shares Up
Builders FirstSource (BLDR) joins forces with BMC to create the nation's premier supplier of building materials and services.
Zacks. Friday, 28 Aug 2020.
- 3D printing 'greener' buildings using local soil
Scientists report progress toward a sustainable building material
made from local soil, using a 3D printer.
Science Daily. Thursday, 20 Aug 2020.
- Building materials powerhouse LafargeHolcim launches its 'green concrete' in the U.S.
The Swiss-headquartered company is one of many firms working on this kind of product.
CNBC. Friday, 24 Jul 2020.
- Scientists convert moon dust into construction material that could be used to build a lunar base
Researchers in China have developed a new kind of construction material
that could be used to build a base on the moon using materials collected from across its surface.
Daily Mail. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Wickes owner Travis Perkins plans to shed 2,500 jobs
The UK's largest building materials group has announced plans to cut 2,500 jobs as the coronavirus crisis takes its toll on demand.
Sky News. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus: SIG constructs stake sale to buyout firm
A public markets deal which has not been seen in London for more than a decade will re-emerge on Friday when SIG, a building materials group, unveils plans to sell a big stake to the buyout firm Clayton Dubilier & Rice (CD&R).
Sky News. Thursday, 28 May 2020.
Building Materials News Headlines and News Summaries