This Building Material news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about building material and construction material news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Old appliances and construction material continue to emit banned CFC gases from the junkyard
As more people gravitate toward energy efficient appliances and building materials, a large number of older discarded appliances still pose a threat to the environment while in the junk yard.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020.
- Unexpected technical complications to keep NASA's Lunar Gateway from being fully operational by 2024
NASA's plans for a base on the surface of the moon will likely be delayed. The delay is attributed to technical complications with the lunar gateway used to stage construction materials.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 17 Mar 2020.
- Zacks.com featured highlights include: Signet Jewelers, Macy's, Citigroup, US Foods and Foundation Building Materials
Zacks.com featured highlights include: Signet Jewelers, Macy's, Citigroup, US Foods and Foundation Building Materials
Zacks. Monday, 16 Mar 2020.
- What's in Store for Foundation Building's (FBM) Q4 Earnings?
Benefits from acquisitions and solid demand in core non-residential construction markets are likely to get reflected on Foundation Building Materials' (FBM) Q4 earnings.
Zacks. Friday, 21 Feb 2020.
- 'Wood' you like to recycle concrete?
Scientists studied a method for recycling unused concrete with wood fibers. They found the conditions that produce new building materials with bending strength even greater than the original concrete. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 20 Feb 2020.
- New Solutions Emerge For Embodied Carbon In Buildings
Heliogen, a clean energy startup, recently made a promising step toward addressing embodied carbon in cement, steel, and other building materials.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 Feb 2020.
- Concrete made with bacteria could create self-healing green buildings
Researchers have created a a new kind of 'biological concrete' that heals itself, grows additional bricks and could provide a green alternative to traditional building materials.
CBC News. Friday, 24 Jan 2020.
- Would you live in a house made from living bacteria?
A team of researchers from the University of Colorado engineered "living building materials" made out of bacteria, begging the question, "Would you live in a home made of bacteria?"
Inman. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- Building materials come alive with help from bacteria
New living building materials can grow and multiply -- and may help to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions from infrastructure in the future.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- US retail sales unexpectedly decline in a sign that consumer economy could be cracking
Retail sales dropped 0.3% last month as households cut back spending on motor vehicles, building materials, hobbies and online purchases.
CNBC. Wednesday, 16 Oct 2019.
- This green cement company says its product can cut carbon dioxide emissions by up to 70%
Every year, the production of cement accounts for 8% of global CO2 emissions. Solidia Technologies is working to reduce the carbon footprint of the building material
CNBC. Saturday, 28 Sep 2019.
- Why Heated Concrete Can Explode Like Popcorn
The common building material
doesn't burn, but it can explode like microwaved popcorn. Using state-of-the-art thermal imaging, scientists now understand why.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Hoteliers are building mostly upscale projects to meet travel demand
Hotel developers are spending most of their money on lodging for higher-end guests and business travelers, thanks to a strong economy and the rising cost of labor and construction material
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 2 Jun 2018.
- James Hardie profit tumbles on mounting asbestos claims
Building materials maker James Hardie says compensation claims from its historical production of asbestos fibre are higher than expected and have dragged down its profits.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- Explosion, fire destroy business building in York
YORK, Neb. (AP) - Officials say a southeastern Nebraska fencing and building materials manufacturer has lost one of its buildings following an explosion. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 19 May 2018.
Building Materials News Headlines and News Summaries