This Building Material news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about building material and construction material news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Builder confidence rebounds after 3 months of declines
Prices for softwood lumber and some other building materials ease, but workers remain in short supply, according to the National Association of Home Builders.
Inman. Tuesday, 21 Sep 2021.
- Prices for home construction materials dip for first time in 2021
Builders got a break in August from the price increases of previous months, but the unpredictable swings in costs remained unwelcome.
Inman. Tuesday, 14 Sep 2021.
- Carlisle (CSL) Acquires Henry, Strengthens Construction Business
Carlisle's (CSL) Henry buyout will enhance its Construction Materials segment's growth prospects in North America's residential and commercial construction markets.
Zacks. Thursday, 2 Sep 2021.
- Hurricane Ida could make the supply chain disaster even worse.
Shortages in construction materials are likely to delay the efforts to rebuild in the aftermath of the devastating storm.
New York Times. Thursday, 2 Sep 2021.
- 'Living' building materials containing genetically modified bacteria can detect damage and self-heal
Tiny 3D building blocks made from genetically modified bacteria include sensors that detect damage, allowing the 'living' material to self-heal a break or hole in just three days.
Daily Mail. Monday, 23 Aug 2021.
- Retail Sales Fall In July, Driven by Sharp Drop In Auto Buying
Excluding automobiles, gasoline, building materials, and food services, retail sales fell 1.0 percent in July after an upwardly revised 1.4 percent increase in June.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021.
- Marmite to Magnum maker Unilever says costs have soared - and it's already putting up prices
Every day, it seems, there is fresh evidence of a take-off in inflation - whether it is soaring petrol prices, higher building materials prices or rising paper and packaging costs.
Sky News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Carlisle (CSL) to Buy Henry, To Boost Construction Business
Carlisle's (CSL) Henry buyout is likely to strengthen its growth prospects in North America residential and commercial construction markets. Henry will be added to the Carlisle Construction Materials segment.
Zacks. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Farmer hits out at Cheshire fly-tippers that dumped an entire kitchen
A fridge, a separate freezer, a toilet and ample building material
believed to be from a Manchester takeaway refit were dumped on Andrew Sharpe's farm in Rixton, near Warrington, Cheshire.
Daily Mail. Friday, 25 Jun 2021.
- These Are the Ten Biggest Companies in Building Materials Industry
Building materials is a massive industry that includes several sub segments. This industry includes glass and glassware; products of clay, concrete, ...
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 22 Jun 2021.
- Prices for construction materials, producer goods spike as inflation concerns persist
Companies paid significantly higher prices to producers in April, and prices of construction materials also rose sharply, in two more signs of inflation for the recovering U.S. economy. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 13 May 2021.
- Homebuilder confidence improves, despite record high lumber prices
Buyer demand for newly built homes continues to surge, and that is keeping builder confidence high even as building material
CNBC. Wednesday, 17 Feb 2021.
- Building materials maker Azek raises outlook on hopes of continued housing boom
Azek, a maker of sustainable building materials, saw revenues grow 28% last quarter amid a red-hot market and raised its guidance for the current fiscal year.
CNBC. Saturday, 13 Feb 2021.
Building Materials News Headlines and News Summaries