This Building Material news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about building material and construction material news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Would you live in a house made from living bacteria?
A team of researchers from the University of Colorado engineered "living building materials" made out of bacteria, begging the question, "Would you live in a home made of bacteria?"
Inman. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- Building materials come alive with help from bacteria
New living building materials can grow and multiply -- and may help to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions from infrastructure in the future.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- Stardust from red giants
Some of the Earth's building material
was stardust from red giants. Astronomers can also explain why the Earth contains more of this stardust than the asteroids or the planet Mars, which are farther from the sun.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 10 Dec 2019.
- MDU Resources' (MDU) Earnings and Revenues Rise Y/Y in Q3
Strong operational performance in construction materials and services businesses drives MDU Resources' (MDU) Q3 results.
Zacks. Thursday, 31 Oct 2019.
- Martin Marietta (MLM) Stock Up as Q3 Earnings Top Estimates
Martin Marietta Materials' (MLM) third-quarter 2019 earnings benefit from improved volume and solid Building Materials segment.
Zacks. Tuesday, 29 Oct 2019.
- US retail sales unexpectedly decline in a sign that consumer economy could be cracking
Retail sales dropped 0.3% last month as households cut back spending on motor vehicles, building materials, hobbies and online purchases.
CNBC. Wednesday, 16 Oct 2019.
- This green cement company says its product can cut carbon dioxide emissions by up to 70%
Every year, the production of cement accounts for 8% of global CO2 emissions. Solidia Technologies is working to reduce the carbon footprint of the building material
CNBC. Saturday, 28 Sep 2019.
- Disney donates more than $1 million to Hurricane Dorian relief efforts in the Bahamas
Disney will make a $1 million donation to relief agencies and provide food staples and basic construction materials to those in impacted areas.
ABC News. Friday, 6 Sep 2019.
- Why Heated Concrete Can Explode Like Popcorn
The common building material
doesn't burn, but it can explode like microwaved popcorn. Using state-of-the-art thermal imaging, scientists now understand why.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Interserve in talks with lenders over debt swap
Troubled outsourcing firm Interserve has "conditionally" agreed a rescue plan with its lenders and is considering offloading its building materials business.
Sky News. Friday, 21 Dec 2018.
- Interserve may hand construction arm to lenders
Interserve, the struggling outsourcing group, is drawing up plans to hand its £250m building materials unit to its lenders as part of an ambitious plan to secure the company's future.
Sky News. Saturday, 15 Dec 2018.
- Hoteliers are building mostly upscale projects to meet travel demand
Hotel developers are spending most of their money on lodging for higher-end guests and business travelers, thanks to a strong economy and the rising cost of labor and construction material
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 2 Jun 2018.
- James Hardie profit tumbles on mounting asbestos claims
Building materials maker James Hardie says compensation claims from its historical production of asbestos fibre are higher than expected and have dragged down its profits.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- Explosion, fire destroy business building in York
YORK, Neb. (AP) - Officials say a southeastern Nebraska fencing and building materials manufacturer has lost one of its buildings following an explosion. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 19 May 2018.
- Fearless bird plucks fur from a giant panda's rear end in China
A fearless crow visited a giant panda at Beijing Zoo in China for some building materials of its nest. Pictures posted online showed the bird plucking the giant panda's fur at the bottom.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 10 Apr 2018.
Building Materials News Headlines and News Summaries