This Building Material news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about building material and construction material news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Foundation Building Materials, Inc. (FBM) Hits Fresh High: Is There Still Room to Run?
Foundation Building Materials, Inc. (FBM) is at a 52-week high, but can investors hope for more gains in the future? We take a look at the company's fundamentals for clues.
Zacks. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Foundation Building Materials, Inc. (FBM) Earnings Expected to Grow: Should You Buy?
Foundation Building Materials, Inc. (FBM) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- Cement contributes to global warming, investors warn
Cement, a key ingredient in the world's most popular building material, emits more carbon than all but two countries
CBS News. Tuesday, 23 Jul 2019.
- Why 3D printing could be key to a Moon base
Construction materials, ceramics and food could all one day be printed on the lunar surface.
BBC News. Sunday, 21 Jul 2019.
- Using building materials to monitor for high enriched uranium
A new article details how small samples of ubiquitous building materials, such as tile or brick, can be used to test whether a facility has ever stored high enriched uranium, which can be used to create nuclear weapons. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 15 Jul 2019.
- Wood: Tomorrow's Skyscraper Construction Material?
Tall buildings made of wood are beginning to pop up around the world, from the United States and Canada to Norway and soon England. Builders say wood may well be the construction material
of the future. VOA's Kevin Enochs reports.
Voice of America. Sunday, 14 Jul 2019.
- Conservation Group Saves Forests and Jobs
Forests are one of the planet's best defenses against climate change. But trees are worth more to most people as building material
or firewood than as sponges for planet-warming carbon dioxide. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019.
- Governor Abbott Signs Building Materials Bill Amid Urge to Veto
Governor Greg Abbott signed a bill Friday that cities urged him to veto, saying it will change the future look of North Texas communities. HB 2439 will limit local regulation of building materials in new... Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Friday, 14 Jun 2019.
- Grenfell Tower fire survivors, victims' families join lawsuit against U.S. companies
A lawsuit filed in the U.S. on Tuesday argues faulty building materials helped spread a devastating fire at London's Grenfell Tower that killed 72 people in 2017.
CBC News. Tuesday, 11 Jun 2019.
- Transportation Sec Elaine Chao Under Fire For Reportedly Failing To Cut Ties With Construction Materials Company
Top ethics official okayed it
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 28 May 2019.
- Drop in auto sales indicates consumer spending is weakening
U.S. retail sales unexpectedly declined in April for the second time in three months, weighed down by soft sales of autos and building materials and suggesting consumer spending will remain subdued this quarter. ...
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Why Heated Concrete Can Explode Like Popcorn
The common building material
doesn't burn, but it can explode like microwaved popcorn. Using state-of-the-art thermal imaging, scientists now understand why.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Shocking moment Amazon delivery driver steals building materials
The Amazon delivery driver hurried away from the home in Tamworth, Staffordshire, only to return less than a minute later to steal two spirits levels and a pack of bolts.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- Flytipper dumps 50 tons of rubbish outside the offices of Scotland's Environment Protection Agency
A mountain of junk - building materials, rubble and household rubbish was strewn across a car park just two doors down from HQ of Scotland's Environment Agency building in Ayr, Scotland.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 18 Apr 2019.
- Transparent wood can store and release heat
Wood may seem more at home in log cabins than modern architecture, but a specially treated type of timber could be tomorrow's trendy building material
Science Daily. Wednesday, 3 Apr 2019.
Building Materials News Headlines and News Summaries