This Building Material news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about building material and construction material news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Skyrocketing Construction Costs Threatening Full Recovery
"The rising costs of construction materials is a serious threat to policyholders in 2022. This rise is well documented at this point, but it is one thing to notice the trend and another to consider its implications."
Forbes. Tuesday, 19 Apr 2022.
- Amid Soaring Demand for Warehouses, an Effort to Make Them Greener
Some owners are taking steps to make their buildings more energy efficient, including upgrading building materials and turning the rooftops into solar farms.
New York Times. Tuesday, 12 Apr 2022.
- Will Housing ETFs Suffer as New Home Sales Dip in February?
The U.S. housing space is continuously taking a hit from supply-chain constraints of lumber and building materials, rising construction costs and the Fed's hawkish monetary policy.
Zacks. Thursday, 24 Mar 2022.
- Top Stock Picks for Week of January 31, 2022
A Biomed Stock Well Positioned for Outperformance and a Building Materials Company Befitting From a Robust Demand Environment.
Zacks. Monday, 31 Jan 2022.
- Builder confidence dips in January as construction materials soar 19%
The index decreased by one point to 83 in January, the first marked decrease in four months, according to the National Association of Homebuilders.
Inman. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Marmite to Magnum maker Unilever says costs have soared - and it's already putting up prices
Every day, it seems, there is fresh evidence of a take-off in inflation - whether it is soaring petrol prices, higher building materials prices or rising paper and packaging costs.
Sky News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
Building Materials News Headlines and News Summaries