This Builder news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about builders from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Mortgage Rates At Record Lows: Buy Homebuilder & REIT ETFs
Mortgage rates have been on a declining trend with the 30-year fixed mortgage average rate now slipping deeper to below 3%.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Homebuilder Taylor Morrison reports record June sales
Ultra-low mortgage rates, a shortage of existing homes for sale and strong demand for new high-tech homes catapulted the homebuilder's sales.
CNBC. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Man who died of cocaine overdose had female hormone in system
Champion bodybuilder Sebastian Kakol, 39, was found dead two days after winning the Mr UK title. An inquest into his death heard he was taking female hormone drugs to build up muscle for events
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Warning over cowboy builders targeting the vulnerable as lockdown ends
Experts say they expect a 'significant escalation' in fraudsters coercing the elderly into accepting dodgy repairs. Conmen usually cold call and make up reasons why work is needed.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Contract workers for summer festivals look for job options amid COVID
In California, artists and builders
would usually be producing floats for events like the San Francisco Pride parade or July 4th celebrations.
CBS News. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Allen Lew, a Virtuoso Builder of Public Works, Dies at 65
He bypassed red tape and erected stadiums, schools, hospitals and convention centers in Washington and New York. Mr. Lew died of the novel coronavirus.
New York Times. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Under the Hood with The Diesel Brothers: Big Fun, Big Trucks and Really Big Beards
On this week's episode of the 'Get a Real Job' podcast, insane truck builders
Diesel Dave and Heavy D reveal how they pursue growing their business and their facial hair with equal vigor and intensity.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Zacks.com featured highlights include: Diebold Nixdorf, Genesco, AutoNation, Conn's and Builders FirstSource
Zacks.com featured highlights include: Diebold Nixdorf, Genesco, AutoNation, Conn's and Builders
Zacks. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Where To Find Exceptional Startup Team Members
A startup needs a leader, builder, and marketer. The leader identifies opportunities, sets a plan, builds a team, and executes. The builder
is the creator of the solution while the marketer brings and boosts sales. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Homebuilders see strongest May sales in over a decade, but they have a big problem
Sales of newly built homes jumped far more than expected in May, according to the U.S. Census. ...
CNBC. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Bath Iron Works shipbuilders are on the verge of striking
The largest union at U.S. Navy shipbuilder Bath Iron Works begins voting Friday on a contract proposal that was unanimously rejected by its negotiating committee, raising the possibility of the first strike in 20 years.
Yahoo. Thursday, 18 Jun 2020.
- How Company Builders Create Long-Term Value in Latin America
So-called "venture studios" may be the solution for entrepreneurs in emerging markets.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Surging builder confidence hints at housing market recovery
The National Association of Home Builders
and Wells Fargo's Housing Market Index jumped significantly in June, back into positive territory.
Inman. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Covid: Wickes owner Travis Perkins to cut 2,500 jobs
The UK's biggest builders' merchant, Travis Perkins, is to cut 2,500 jobs and close 165 branches.
BBC News. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
- Hero builders pin down knifeman who 'stabbed Jewish man in busy London street'
and a delivery driver pinned down a knifeman after he stabbed a Jewish man in a busy London street.
Sky News. Friday, 12 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries