This Builder news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about builders from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Builder Confidence Slips in January: Housing Rally to Fizz Out?
Although the dip in builders' confidence is a concern, higher demand on the back of lower borrowing cost is likely to keep the U.S. housing momentum alive through 2021.
Zacks. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Builders ask why sites are not shut and worry over 'lack of Covid security'
Labourers have slammed ministers for failing to close non-essential construction sites across the UK during the lockdown, despite the mounting death toll.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Spike in lumber and land prices causes homebuilder confidence to fall from epic high
The rising costs of getting homes built is making builders
CNBC. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Biden looks to give a big boost to homebuyers and builders
President-elect Joe Biden's housing agenda is focused on affordability. Changes to mortgage lending and home construction will be key.
CNBC. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Pandemic pushes older homeowners into thinking about downsizing sooner
A survey of homeowners aged 55 and over, by retirement home builder
Audley Group, found 34 per cent want to move to a better area and 29 per cent want to be closer to family and friends.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- As Day Zero Approaches, Home Builders Need To Prepare
By building homes with decentralized and circular water systems, we can help avoid a clean, affordable water crisis, or Day Zero.
Forbes. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Housebuilder Avant lays foundations for £500m sale
The owners of Avant Homes Group, one of Britain’s biggest private housebuilders, are preparing to kick off a long-delayed auction of the company that could fetch more than £500m.
Sky News. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- 5 Broker-Friendly Stocks in View Amid COVID-Led Economic Gloom
Brokers' evaluation should come in handy for investors. Evidently, broker-friendly stocks like ABM, Manpower (MAN), Builders
FirstSource (BLDR), Signet Jewelers (SIG) and Tenet Healthcare (THC) are in focus.
Zacks. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- KFConsole is a real gaming PC from Cooler Master with chicken heater draw
KFC and PC builder
Cooler Master have partnered for a quite bonkers bit of gaming kit that certainly turns heads.The KFConsole is claimed to be a games
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 22 Dec 2020.
- 7 ways to help buyers score a deal on new construction
While sheer supply and demand is making it tough to negotiate much beyond what a builder
is offering, understanding how to navigate the process may help buyers time their purchase appropriately and save some money wherever they can.
Inman. Tuesday, 22 Dec 2020.
- 10 Harry Potter LEGO Sets to Get Fans This Holiday Season
This holiday season, check out our gift guide to the top 10 LEGO Harry Potter sets available for builders
of all skill levels.
Mental Floss. Friday, 4 Dec 2020.
- Paul Lamb: Paralysed Leeds man urges government inquiry
The 65-year-old former builder
says the Court of Appeal setback has left him feeling "powerless".
BBC News. Wednesday, 25 Nov 2020.
- Homebuilders Complain About Dallas Permitting Delays
Despite the pandemic there's a tremendous demand for new homes. Interest rates are low and builders
want to meet that demand, but NBC 5's Ken Kalthoff reports many complain Dallas is making it very difficult.
NBC. Saturday, Nov 21 2020.
- Iranian disabled bodybuilder jailed for questioning coronavirus restrictions, sparks calls for execution
The arrest of an Iranian champion disabled bodybuilder for allegedly merely questioning why gyms are closed while Muslim shrines remain open amid the coronavirus pandemic has sparked calls for his execution by a regime cleric.
Fox News. Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020.
- Editorial: Here's what California needs in its next senator
Let's have a Latino or Black bridge-builder from Southern California as our next senator.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 15 Nov 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries