This Builder news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about builders from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Dramatic Upsurge Of Lumber Prices Will Impact Builders And Buyers For Months Ahead
The roller-coaster prices hit both large national entry-level builders
and custom luxury home developers building on speculation.
Forbes. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Quartet of bidders vie for £700m housebuilder Keepmoat
A quartet of blue-chip property investors, including the owner of Pinewood Studios, are vying to buy Keepmoat, the Yorkshire-based group which has become a national powerhouse in affordable homes construction.
Sky News. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Startup homebuilder Welcome Homes hires Compass executive
With the hire of Benjie Burford, Welcome Homes is poised to grow its personnel by 500 percent and expand into multiple markets by next year.
Inman. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- 3 Stocks to Watch Amid Continued Demand for Home Improvement
Watch out for the likes of GMS (GMS), Beacon Roofing (BECN) and Builders
FirstSource (BLDR) as demand for home improvement in the United States looks set to sustain even as the pandemic situation improves.
Zacks. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Will Builders FirstSource (BLDR) Beat Estimates Again in Its Next Earnings Report?
FirstSource (BLDR) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
Zacks. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Goole WW2 bomb: Army experts carry out controlled explosion
A live Word War Two bomb, unearthed by builders
on a housing development, has been destroyed in a controlled explosion.
BBC News. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Builder confidence curbed in July by continued supply-side roadblocks
Labor shortages, regulatory costs and high costs of materials continued to dampen builder
confidence, but strong buyer demand helped moderately temper those challenges in July, according to a new report.
Inman. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Woman, 28, has shed 5st after deciding to become a bodybuilder
Faye Giles, 28, from Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, has gone from a size 16 to a size six after deciding to take the plunge and become a bodybuilder.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Builder jailed for life for murdering ex-wife with an axe because she was selling family home
Stephen Booth lay in wait for ex-wife Susan outside her home in Greater Manchester and attacked her with an axe. Booth caused catastrophic injuries and Susan died a short time later in hospital.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Builders pull back as more homebuyers are priced out of the market
Building permits, an indicator of future construction, fell more than expected to the lowest since August.
CNBC. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Homebuilder confidence is still high, but it slipped this month as construction costs grew
U.S. homebuilders are happy with buyer demand, but higher construction costs are starting to eat away at their confidence.
CNBC. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- 3 Steps for Building Carbon Neutral Houses
To kick off a carbon neutral home revolution, a new generation of green builders
must start by assessing our footprint, normalizing carbon offsets, and enacting realistic government regulations.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- Covid in Scotland: Warning over building delays and price hikes
The Federation of Master Builders
says members are struggling to secure key materials due to the pandemic.
BBC News. Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021.
- Trading Strategies For Homebuilder Stocks Getting Hammered
KB Homes and other homebuilding stocks have been getting nailed recently. Here's how to trade them.
Forbes. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- News Analysis: Supreme Court under Roberts moved right on religion and voting this year
Chief Justice Roberts is often a consensus builder, but a conservative champion on civil rights, voting and religion.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries