This Builder news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about builders from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Homebuilder confidence drops for the first time in four months, as inflation hits materials
Homebuilders are facing rising costs for materials and labor, causing the first drop in builder
confidence in four months.
CNBC. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- 4 Retail Stocks That Look Promising Despite Soft December Sales
Retailers such as Builders
FirstSource (BLDR), Ulta Beauty (ULTA), Genesco (GCO) and Costco (COST) are finding innovative ways to navigate through industry challenges.
Zacks. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Bull of the Day: KB Home (KBH)
2022 is expected to be another red-hot year for the home builders.
Zacks. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Cladding crisis: Norwegian wealth fund urged to pressure firms and builders
Grenfell survivors have asked a huge public fund to have 11 firms "resolve" buildings' fire safety defects.
BBC News. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- London mayor Sadiq Khan calls for temporary visa scheme for builders
London Mayor Sadiq Khan is proposing that ministers create a Coronavirus Recovery Visa of at least a year, to help sectors struggling with shortages of workers, including construction.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- MAGGIE PAGANO: Britain's big builders are the real energy culprits
The row over energy firms giving heat saving tips disguises a bigger problem - that UK homes are some of the most poorly built in Europe.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022.
- Housebuilders told to remove unsafe cladding on low buildings
Firms making profits through the cladding crisis are warned by the government that we're "coming for you".
BBC News. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
- Cladding concerns, roaming charges and a Rolls-Royce record
Ian King speaks to the executive chairman of the Home Builders
Federation about how ministers are calling for developers to fix dangerous cladding.
Sky News. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
- Offerpad expands partnership with homebuilder Taylor Morrison
The relationship between Arizona-based Offerpad and Taylor Morrison Home Corp. will help homeowners secure a new home before moving, executives told Inman Thursday.
Inman. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- Lumber costs skyrocket, lifting new home prices by nearly $20K
Lumber prices are surging again after months of moderation, causing the average price of a new single-family home to rise by $18,600, according to the National Association of Home Builders.
Inman. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Bodybuilder accused of shooting parents in $3.2M New York home on Christmas morning: report
Authorities in New Jersey released the mugshot of the personal trainer police say shot both his parents on Christmas morning inside their $3.2 million Long Island home, according to reports.
Fox News. Tuesday, 28 Dec 2021.
- How the Building Industry Blocked Better Tornado Safeguards
Engineers know how to protect people from tornadoes like the ones that recently devastated parts of Kentucky, but builders
have headed off efforts to toughen standards.
New York Times. Thursday, 23 Dec 2021.
- SpaceX faced COVID-19 outbreak, health records show
says that the more than 100 employees who tested positive were infected outside of work.
CBS News. Wednesday, 22 Dec 2021.
- Beloved North Texas Builder Dies of COVID-19
A beloved North Texas builder
with high-profile construction projects under his belt including AT&T Stadium and Globe Life Field has died of COVID-19.
NBC. Monday, Dec 20 2021.
- Fossils From One of the World's First Reefs Can Be Found on Mountains in Nevada
Archaeocyaths were the original reef builders, and one of the best places to see them is in the desert
Smithsonian. Monday, 20 Dec 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries