This Builder news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about builders from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Time capsule showing young Queen Victoria unearthed under school
Headteacher Sue Taylor said the frosted glass jar had been found by accident while builders
were digging up a chapel at Barrow URC Primary School in Clitheroe, Lancashire.
Daily Mail. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Chandos And Buy Social Canada Launch Guide To Social Procurement To Help More Companies Spend With Impact
Chandos is one of the most admired companies in Canada: A 100% employee-owned construction company with offices across Canada, they are the first and largest B Corp certified commercial builder
on the continent.
Forbes. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Three Hot Homebuilder Stocks
For investors focused on a surge of buyers who are taking advantage of the lowest financing rates in a generation, these homebuilder stocks may help build your portfolio.
Forbes. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Builders FirstSource (BLDR) Buys John's Lumber, Boosts Presence
FirstSource (BLDR) adds another top 50 MSA to its portfolio with the acquisition of John's Lumber.
Zacks. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Builders FirstSource (BLDR) Up as Q1 Earnings Top Estimates
FirstSource's (BLDR) first-quarter results reflect solid demand in residential housing markets and disciplined cost management.
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Nintendo announces Game Builder Garage, a way to learn to make games
Nintendo's habit of working on quirky game ideas and then announcing them without much preamble is continuing unabated as it unveils Game Builder
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Rising lumber costs add $36K to new home sales prices
The battle between supply and demand has hit the lumber industry hard, as mills struggle to keep up with demand and homebuilders push the costs to buyers.
Inman. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Soaring lumber prices add $36,000 to the cost of a new home, and a fierce land grab is only making it worse
As the housing market gets leaner, potential buyers are turning in greater numbers than ever to new construction, but builder
costs are soaring.
CNBC. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- How (and why) loanDepot is courting homebuilders now
LoanDepot has formed three joint ventures with builders
in just over four months.
Inman. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- A rainforest bathroom? New Channel 5 show sees DIY SOS builder Mark Millar help couple
Mark Millar helps couple Sam and Akil with their new rainforest-themed bathroom in the new Channel 5 show Dream Kitchens and Bathrooms.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Full video: Donald Trump speaks on economy
Donald Trump spoke about the economy and housing market in an address to the National Association of Home Builders, and he continued his attacks on Hillary Clinton. Watch his full remarks.
CBS News. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- Homebuilder confidence rises in April despite record high lumber prices
One year after home construction ground to a screeching halt, due to the Covid pandemic, builders
are more than bullish yet again.
CNBC. Thursday, 15 Apr 2021.
- What's your best (or worst) excuse for calling out sick?
According to a CareerBuilder survey, there's an increase in fake sick calls to avoid work. Not only that, but those fake excuses have gotten worse! CBSN's Vladimir Duthiers has more on this year's top excuses for missing work.
CBS News. Friday, 9 Apr 2021.
- John Laing and Macquarie team up for £200m retirement venture
Two major investors in British infrastructure are joining forces in a £200m venture with the country's biggest retirement homebuilder in a renewed bid to tackle the undersupply of accommodation for the elderly.
Sky News. Wednesday, 7 Apr 2021.
- Paralysed dad thanks volunteer builders for home adaptations
Rob Lamb, a 58-year-old Scotsman, was greeted back home by applause and bagpipes.
BBC News. Monday, 22 Mar 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries