This Builder news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about builders from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Spacecraft builder York sells stake to private equity firm AEI at over $1 billion valuation
York Space Systems is selling a majority stake in the company to private equity firm AE Industrial Partners at an enterprise valuation of $1.125 billion.
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Home Builders Are Taking a New Approach To Excess Inventory: Targeting Investors
As the housing market cools, home builders
are scrambling to find solutions to reduce excess inventory.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Builders FirstSource (BLDR) Stock Moves -0.44%: What You Should Know
FirstSource (BLDR) closed at $58.20 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.44% move from the prior day.
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- MARKET REPORT: Housebuilders battered as interest rates rocket
The respite brought by the Bank's intervention in gilt markets yesterday came to an abrupt end as attention turned to the outlook for the housing market.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Barratt shares fall 12% as property stocks pay price of mortgage chaos
Shares in the housebuilder Barratt fell 12% on Thursday and other firms in the construction, property and building materials sector were also hit hard by mayhem in the mortgage market.
Sky News. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Bear of the Day: KB Home (KBH)
Homebuilders face the challenge of rising rates.
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Is Finland's Wood City the future of building?
New public buildings in Finland have to incorporate more wood, which is leading builders
BBC News. Monday, 26 Sep 2022.
- Man jailed over Liverpool nursing home drugs factory
who helped smuggle drugs from a former nursing home into Scotland has been sentenced.
BBC News. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- More homebuilders lower prices as sentiment falls for ninth straight month
Fast-rising mortgage rates caused homebuilder sentiment to drop further into negative territory in September, and builders
CNBC. Tuesday, 20 Sep 2022.
- Builder confidence drops to lowest level in 8 years as fall drop-off looms
confidence in the newly built single-family home market fell three more points in September, to a score of 46 on the Wells Fargo Housing Market Index, according to data released Monday.
Inman. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
- Against the odds, some buyers are returning to newly built homes
Homebuilders are reporting shorter construction timelines and fewer supply-chain issues as they deal with a drop in demand for new houses, according to a survey of homebuilders by John Burns Real Estate Consulting.
Inman. Thursday, 8 Sep 2022.
- Buldix Offers an Easy, Affordable Way to Build a Website
This drag-and-drop website builder
is less than $60.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 8 Sep 2022.
- French building titan Saint-Gobain builds case for Jewson sale
Jewson, one of Britain's biggest builders' merchants, is being put up for sale, paving the way for a change of ownership after more than two decades in French ownership.
Sky News. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- Housebuilder Vistry plotting takeover of troubled rival Countryside Partnerships
Vistry boss Greg Fitzgerald is thought to be considering a swoop after Countryside put itself up for sale in June.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 4 Sep 2022.
- Immersive Design Experience Saves Time And Headache In Home Building Process
Lumber store launches immersive design tool to give homebuyers and builders
the opportunity to collaborate, saving time with more clear communications.
Forbes. Sunday, 4 Sep 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries