This Bread news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about bread and breads news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- AOC defends rise in NYC crime saying people are 'stealing bread to feed their children'
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, was asked about soaring crime in NYC and replied: 'Do we think this has to do with the fact that there's record unemployment in the United States right now?'
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Man reveals he puts bread under Kievs to capture the 'leakage' and make garlic bread
A man, who goes by the handle @nefyn92 on Twitter, from Flint, Wales, has been branded 'genius' after revealing he puts bread
under his kievs to capture the garlic butter and make garlic bread
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Severe bread shortages loom for Syria as fresh U.S. sanctions grip
Syria could face severe bread
shortages for the first time since the start of the war, another challenge for President Bashar al-Assad as he grapples with an economic meltdown and fresh U.S. sanctions, a U.N. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Sub shop workers fired for making noose out of bread dough
A video posted to social media shows one employee draping the bread
dough noose over the neck of another and yanking it.
CBS News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Best bread machine 2020: The top bread makers for creating fresh and varied breads
in the morning is one of life's true pleasures, but ask anyone who's tried and they'll tell you just how painful the effort of making it yourself,
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Toddler refuses to give up loaf of bread he is cuddling in adorable TikTok video
Someone might be eating his feelings.
Fox News. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- 1,000-year-old British flour mill helps bread-making during lockdown
The popularity of baking bread
during coronavirus lockdowns led to an increased demand for flour. Ian Lee gets a tour of a 1,000-year-old mill in Southwest England grinding to rescue with flour power.
CBS News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Target adds hundreds of fresh, frozen groceries to curbside pickup as Americans look for safer ways to shop
The national retailer already planned to add fruit, milk and bread
to same-day services, but that's taken on new urgency as grocery items become a crucial sales driver during the pandemic.
CNBC. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Bread mold avoids infection by mutating its own DNA
Whilst most organisms try to stop their DNA from mutating, scientists from the UK and China have discovered that a common fungus found on bread
actively mutates its own DNA as a way of fighting virus-like infections.
Science Daily. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- Joseph Lee: The 19th-Century Black Baking Pioneer Whose Bread-Crumbing Machine Revolutionized Hotel Kitchens
Joseph Lee was sick of seeing slightly stale bread
get tossed in the trash, so he found a way to give it a second life.
Mental Floss. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- Levi's says 'everybody has a new size,' as shoppers return to stores during coronavirus pandemic
Some have joked that the "Freshman 15" is now the "Quarantine 15," as living on lockdown encourages some to snack more on bread
and baked goods, and workout less. And denim maker Levi Strauss & Co. ...
CNBC. Wednesday, 3 Jun 2020.
- Lloyd Porter, Cafe Owner Who Found Joy in Everyone, Dies at 49
An actor transplanted from California, he and his wife opened Bread
Stuy, a bakery and cafe that became a local gathering spot.
New York Times. Friday, 22 May 2020.
- Coronavirus: Bread and cake tips from a self-isolating baker
Ray normally runs his family bakery, Rinkoffs, but is currently staying at home with his wife.
BBC News. Friday, 8 May 2020.
- Afghanistan distributes free bread as prices soar amid coronavirus
Afghanistan's government began distributing free bread
to hundreds of thousands of people across the country this week as supplies have been disrupted during the coronavirus shutdown and prices have soared, officials and experts said.
Reuters. Tuesday, 5 May 2020.
- Coronavirus: 'I never thought I'd be so proud to sell bread and butter'
Laura McLellan felt humbled when she and her team of checkout operators were told they were key workers.
BBC News. Thursday, 23 Apr 2020.
Bread Suppliers News Headlines and News Summaries