This Brake news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about brakes from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Digital media companies pump the brakes on their rush to go public as SPAC market cools
Dreams of going public in January and February have been put on hold for digital media companies as SPACs dry up and investors become more conservative.
CNBC. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Speeding driver jailed for five years for killing Uddingston pensioner
The 34-year-old was driving a car with faulty brakes
when he crashed into a pensioner in Uddingston.
BBC News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Video shows SUV slam into West Town bar, narrowly missing pedestrian
Police say a 77-year-old driver was attempting to parallel park when he hit the gas instead of the brakes.
ABC News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Powerful teachers union pressured Biden administration to put the brakes on schools reopening
The American Federation of Teachers sent emails to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention before it issued guidance on re-opening schools to in-person teaching.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- San Francisco lawmaker wants to hit the brakes on robot delivery
Robots are taking over sidewalks to deliver food in some cities. Companies behind the technology say the robots lower the cost of delivery and boost local businesses, but not everyone welcomes the technology. Mireya Villarreal reports.
CBS News. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies (WAB) Beats Q1 Earnings and Revenue Estimates
Wabtec (WAB) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 4.71% and 0.29%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Uber pulls self-driving cars off California roads
California slammed the brakes
on Uber's self-driving car pilot program on Wednesday, only a week after the ride sharing giant debuted its technology in San Francisco. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 25 Apr 2021.
- The Net Effect - The Entrepreneurs Putting Greenhouse Gas Offset At The Heart Of Their Business Models
As the world gears up for a year of intense negotiation on measures to put the brakes
on climate change, moving towards net zero will become an imperative. ...
Forbes. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies (WAB) Expected to Beat Earnings Estimates: What to Know Ahead of Q1 Release
Wabtec (WAB) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Tesla Issues Apology Over the Way It Handled a Customer in China Whose Parents Were Left Hospitalized
The customer had claimed that faulty brakes
in her family's Model 3 sedan led to a serious crash.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Germany Covid: MPs back new lockdown law as protest is broken up
The controversial lockdown law enables the government to enforce an "emergency brake" nationally.
BBC News. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- A.I. researchers urge regulators not to slam the brakes on its development
AI researchers argue that there's little point in imposing strict regulations on its development at this stage, as the technology is still in its infancy.
CNBC. Monday, 29 Mar 2021.
- Two Trains Collide In Egypt, Flipping Cars And Killing At Least 32
The accident happened after an unknown person activated the emergency brakes
of a train
Daily Caller. Friday, 26 Mar 2021.
- Editorial: It's about time California put the brakes on new housing developments in high-fire risk areas
Why must it take a lawsuit to stop cities and counties from approving sprawling new housing developments in fire-prone areas?
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 24 Mar 2021.
- What Companies Can Change in the Office Space to Increase Productivity
The corporate world should pump the brakes
on formats with uncertain effectiveness.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 22 Mar 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries