This Brake news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about brakes from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Major central banks were expected to pause rate hikes soon. Now it's not so clear cut
Stronger-than-expected U.S. jobs figures and GDP data have highlighted a key risk to the Federal Reserve potentially taking its foot off the monetary brake.
CNBC. Monday, 29 May 2023.
- Shocking video shows drug-driver tearing down A1 at 125 before doing handbrake turn
Thomas Garfitt, 29, was captured in hair-raising footage pulling off the outrageous manoeuvre on the A1, which links London to Edinburgh. He has since been jailed for 20 months.
Daily Mail. Friday, 26 May 2023.
- Editorial: Put the brakes on L.A.'s all-electric bus plan? No way
Metro announced the 2030 climate goal with much fanfare but now wants to quietly push back plans by five years. The board should intervene.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 24 May 2023.
- 3 Railroad Stocks Worth Adding in Your Portfolio
The railroad industry is well-positioned to grow significantly due to rising investments and rapid industrialization. Therefore, railroad stocks Westinghouse Air Brake
Technologies (WAB), West Japan Railway (WJRYY), and L.B. ...
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 18 May 2023.
- Oscar Mayer Is Changing the Name of Its Iconic Wienermobile
The company is slamming the brakes
on its wiener on wheels and rolling out a new meaty ride.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 17 May 2023.
- China recalls 1.1 MILLION Teslas over brake flaws US regulators and Elon Musk ignored in 2021
Recall cites brake
issue in imported Model S, Model X, and Model 3 cars, as well as in Chinese-made Model 3 and Model Y. Tesla called glitch 'completely false' in 2020
Daily Mail. Monday, 15 May 2023.
- The debt ceiling crisis may look like a rerun, but it could end differently this time
An 11th-hour deal saved the U.S. from defaulting on its debts in 2011. The brakes
aren't as reliable this time.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 12 May 2023.
- Boy stops school bus after driver suffers medical emergency in Michigan
A boy grabbed the steering wheel on a school bus and hit the brakes, bringing the vehicle to a safe stop on a busy Detroit-area road after the driver had passed out, authorities said.
ABC News. Friday, 28 Apr 2023.
- Economic growth hit the brakes in the first quarter
The economy grew at a tepid 1.1% rate, showing that the Fed's interest rate hikes are taking effect.
CBS News. Thursday, 27 Apr 2023.
- Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies (WAB) Q1 Earnings and Revenues Surpass Estimates
Wabtec (WAB) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 7.56% and 4.47%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Wednesday, 26 Apr 2023.
- General Motors recalls 40,000 trucks over fire risk
GM will repair certain Chevrolet Silverado trucks to prevent brake
fluid leaks that could cause fires.
CBS News. Monday, 24 Apr 2023.
- School bus driver faces 30 child abuse charges after seen braking hard in video
A Colorado school bus driver faces 30 counts of child abuse after he braked hard in an apparent attempt to teach students on the bus a lesson.
ABC News. Thursday, 20 Apr 2023.
- Tesla issues recall on Semi over defective brake module, rollaway risk
Tesla has issued a voluntary recall on the Semi, a first since the company began deliveries of the heavy-duty electric trucks to customers in December 2022.
CNBC. Friday, 31 Mar 2023.
- Duolingo Peacock Wins April Fools; Musk AI Pause, Microsoft Bing Ads Not As Funny
Brands are out in force having fun with April Fools Day stunts. But with generative AI technology making it hard to tell fake from not, this year has AI luminaries like Elon Musk asking to tap the brakes
on the technology.
Forbes. Thursday, 30 Mar 2023.
- Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies, Ryder System and GATX
Westinghouse Air Brake
Technologies, Ryder System and GATX are part of the Zacks Industry Outlook article.
Zacks. Thursday, 23 Mar 2023.
News Headlines and News Summaries