This Brake news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about brakes from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies (WAB) Q3 Earnings and Revenues Surpass Estimates
Wabtec (WAB) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 5.56% and 1.97%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2020. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Half of drivers don't know the rules of smart motorways
Just one in four (27 per cent) of drivers say they are aware of what a smart motorway is but do not know the relevant regulations, according to the poll by road safety charity Brake.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies (WAB) Expected to Beat Earnings Estimates: What to Know Ahead of Q3 Release
Wabtec (WAB) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- NYPD cop car in Queens fender bender apparently had its brake line cut
A New York City police vehicle involved in an accident earlier this month had its brake
line cut, authorities said.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Coronavirus: France to impose night-time curfew to battle second wave
Paris is among the cities affected as President Macron says "we need to put a brake" on Covid-19.
BBC News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- New Safety Features in Cars (or Just New to You)
Their names are hard to keep straight, but they will keep you between the lines and even brake
for you. And more tech is coming.
New York Times. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- Baby is killed after pram rolls into traffic in New Zealand because 'mum forgot the brake'
A five-month-old baby has died after a pram the child was in rolled off the pavement (left) in Auckland, crossed a lane of traffic (centre) and was then hit by a van coming uphill (right lane).
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Oct 2020.
- Brake failure, 'egregious disregard for safety' caused NY limo crash that killed 20 people, NTSB says
Two years after the country's worst road transportation disaster since 2005, the NTSB finalized its report on the cause of the Schoharie, New York, crash.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- Man dies after falling 100 feet from Oregon cliff while posing for photo in tree
caused 43-year-old to plummet into ocean
Yahoo. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- GM stops sales of Chevy Corvette, 5 other models due to brake issue
Electronic component in brake-by-wire system may have been contaminated during the manufacturing process.
Fox News. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
- Nigerian fuel tanker explosion kills 25 in Lokoja
A primary school pupil and students are among 25 people killed when the tanker's brakes
BBC News. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- Why AstraZeneca pausing its COVID-19 vaccine trial may be good news
AstraZeneca has temporarily put the brakes
on its late-stage, global COVID-19 vaccine trial after a participant came down with what experts call an "adverse event."
ABC News. Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020.
- Hyundai now says 200,000 recalled vehicles should be parked outside; Car leaks can cause engine fires
Hyundai is now telling owners of more than 200,000 vehicles to park them outdoors until repairs are made to fix a brake
fluid leak that could cause fires.
ABC News. Saturday, 5 Sep 2020.
- Writing On The Wall: Two Federal Judges Decide In Favor Of Transgender Americans
Judges put the brakes
on two separate efforts to discriminate against trans people; One by the State of Idaho, the other was proposed by the Trump administration.
Forbes. Tuesday, 18 Aug 2020.
- Amazon's Braket Quantum Cloud Service Now Open For Business
Analyst Paul Smith-Goodson of Moor Insights & Strategy dives deeper into Amazon Braket: AWS Quantum Computing Service that is a fully managed AWS service that provides a mostly technology-agnostic environment.
Forbes. Monday, 17 Aug 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries