This Brake news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about brakes from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Amazon Freezes Corporate Hiring in Its Retail Business
It is the latest tech company to pump the brakes
on hiring amid growing economic concerns.
New York Times. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- XR activists including Olympic champion Etienne Scott 'tampered with brakes of Shell oil tanker'
Etienne Stott, 43, of Nottingham; Nichola Andersen, 50, of Cornwall; Erika Curren, 65, of Cornwall; Shaun Davies, 32, of no fixed address; and Amy Rugg-Easey, 31, of Newcastle, all charged.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Manhattan apartment sales declined 18% in third quarter, as rates rose and markets fell
Manhattan apartment sales fell 18% in the third quarter, as rising mortgage rates and declining stock markets put the brakes
on New York's real estate comeback.
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Major Indices Up 2%+ as Q4 Begins
We don't expect 2%+ gains every trading day, but today really put the brakes
on our negatively biased environment.
Zacks. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Tesla shares slide 8% as shipping woes slam brakes on deliveries
The world's most valuable car maker - run by billionaire Elon Musk (pictured) - produced a record 365,923 electric cars in the third quarter.
Daily Mail. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Stocks plunge to lowest levels since 2020 on aggressive rate hikes
Investors continue to worry that Fed could hit brakes
on economy too hard and cause a recession.
CBS News. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Parker-Hannifin (PH) Closes Aircraft Wheel & Brake Unit Sale
Parker-Hannifin's (PH) divestment of the Aircraft Wheel and Brake
Division is in sync with its strategy of restructuring business portfolio and concentrating more on core businesses.
Zacks. Tuesday, 20 Sep 2022.
- Nissan Recalls Over 203,000 Pickups That May Roll Away While Parked
Owners of Nissan Titan and Frontier pickups should use the parking brake, the company and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said.
New York Times. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
- Chicago police to use spike strips in attempt to stop street racing, dangerous stunts
Chicago Police are pumping the brakes
on drag racing in city streets.
ABC News. Sunday, 18 Sep 2022.
- Popular baby jogger stroller sold on Amazon recalled for possible faulty parking brake
Baby Trend and Amazon are contacting all buyers to return the strollers for Baby Trend for credit or a full refund.
ABC News. Saturday, 17 Sep 2022.
- All gas and no brakes? Three things to watch for in USC vs. Fresno State
Heading into Saturday's game against Fresno State, USC defensive coordinator Alex Grinch believes the Trojans can continue their fast start to the season.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 16 Sep 2022.
- Bruno the Brake Car joins "Thomas & Friends" as first character with autism
Bruno will be voiced by actors with autism in the U.S., U.K. and Italy, with storylines written by neurodivergent writers.
CBS News. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- Thomas & Friends: Boy overjoyed to voice new autistic character
Elliott Garcia will be heard as Bruno the Brake
Car alongside Thomas the Tank Engine.
BBC News. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- Jim Cramer says tap the brakes on comparing this year's market to 2001 and 2008. Here is why
"If something terrible happens on the scale of the Lehman Brothers collapse ... then I would indeed change my mind," the "Mad Money" host said.
CNBC. Tuesday, 23 Aug 2022.
- Pence dials back willingness to testify to 'very partisan' Jan. 6 committee
NEWSMAKER INTERVIEW: Former Vice President Mike Pence is tapping the brakes
on his willingness to testify before the House Jan. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 20 Aug 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries