This Bookstore news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about bookstore and book store news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Do you have textual fantasies? Gandhi joins OnlyFans to fulfill them
chain lived up to its tradition of disruptive marketing campaigns, now on the adult social network.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 30 Sep 2021.
- North Lawndale pop-up bookstore lets young people pay what they can
The pop-up bookstore
was once a vacant lot, but now it's part of a bigger goal: to bridge the reading gap for kids.
ABC News. Monday, 13 Sep 2021.
- Steph And Ayesha Curry Turn School Bus Into Free Bookstore, Pantry For Oakland Kids
The Eat. Learn. Play. Bus aims to reduce stigma around receiving free resources.
Forbes. Thursday, 9 Sep 2021.
- Semicolon is a Black woman-owned bookstore in Chicago
Semicolon, a Black woman-owned bookstore
in Chicago, is not only serving up good reads and good vibes, but also promoting literacy.
ABC News. Tuesday, 24 Aug 2021.
- Amazon is reportedly planning to open department stores, its latest experiment in physical retail
The company has opened brick-and-mortar book stores, grocery stores and cashierless convenience stores in recent years.
CNBC. Thursday, 19 Aug 2021.
- Free Comic Book Day Is Saturday, August 14
On August 14, bookstores and comic book stores across the U.S. will celebrate the 20th anniversary of Free Comic Book Day with giveaways and events. Founder Joe Field was inspired by a Baskin-Robbins free scoop night with a long line. ...
Forbes. Friday, 13 Aug 2021.
- In Pakistan, Textbooks Featuring Malala Removed From Bookstores
Authorities began confiscating a social studies textbook featuring a photo of Malala Yousafzai, the education activist, after she questioned marriage norms.
New York Times. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- Texas bookstore owner shares letter from customer claiming mask requirements will lead to new 'Jim Crow'
owner in Texas shared a letter on social media from an anonymous customer who claimed that COVID-19 mask requirements like the business' will lead to a new form of "Jim Crow."
Fox News. Monday, 5 Jul 2021.
- In a Muffled Hong Kong, Bookstores Offer Freedom of Thought
Some independent shops flout the new limits on free expression. Others try to come to terms with them. For readers, they offer a sense of connection in a changed city.
New York Times. Monday, 21 Jun 2021.
- As bookstores struggled with COVID-19, this Culver City shop was just opening
Village Well Books & Coffee opened in L.A.'s worst pandemic month, on a famously doomed corner. For owner Jennifer Caspar, it was all a lucky break.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 17 Jun 2021.
- How L.A.'s indie bookstores survived the worst of the pandemic
After a brutal year of economic uncertainty, booksellers in L.A. are expecting a full recovery. But the June 15 reopening is reigniting safety concerns.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 16 Jun 2021.
- See a Stunningly Surreal Bookstore in China
Dujiangyan Zhongshu features gravity-defying staircases and infinite bookshelves
Smithsonian. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries