This Bookstore news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about bookstore and book store news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Author Ann Patchett's bookstore
Ann Patchett doesn't just write books, like her latest bestseller, "Commonwealth"; she sells them, at Parnassus Books in Nashville, her very own bookstore
CBS News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Where Should You Buy Your Books?
or Amazon? Curbside pickup or delivery? We answer common questions readers might have.
New York Times. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Germany reprinting Adolf Hitler's "Mein Kampf"
Adolf Hitler's autobiography, "Mein Kampf," will soon return to German bookstores. It's been banned since the end of World War II, but Bavaria owns the German copyright, which expires in December. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021.
- Rambler-Mania hits Loyola Bookstore ahead of Sweet 16 game against Oregon State
The Loyola bookstore
is packed on a Friday afternoon as the Loyola Ramblers head into their Sweet 16 game Saturday afternoon, fans are making sure they are appropriately outfitted for watching the game. #StillChasing #onwardLU
ABC News. Friday, 26 Mar 2021.
- Baldwin's Book Barn features more than 300K books
A BOOK-LOVERS DREAM! This bookstore
has so many books, it spreads out over five floors! They even own a book from the 1600s.
ABC News. Tuesday, 9 Mar 2021.
- Rough Draft Bar & Books Offers Liquor, Coffee, Food And Books In Upstate New York
Rough Draft Bar & Books is a hybrid, combining a bar, coffeebar, lunch spot, dessert place, bookstore
and events space. Generating multiple revenue streams, beyond liquor, may be one way for bars to thrive.
Forbes. Tuesday, 9 Mar 2021.
- What Happens When a Publisher Becomes a Megapublisher?
The merger of Penguin Random House and Simon & Schuster has the potential to touch every part of the industry, including how much authors get paid and how bookstores are run.
New York Times. Thursday, 25 Feb 2021.
- Bookstores adapt to pandemic with online orders, shipping
EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (AP) - Margaret Leonard and Jill Heinke Moen initially expected their store to close for just a little while. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 15 Feb 2021.
- New York Times columnist Charles Blow calls for 'reverse Great Migration'
New York Times columnist Charles M. Blow presents his provocative proposal in his new book 'The Devil You Know: A Black Power Manifesto', which hit bookstores last week.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 31 Jan 2021.
- How an L.A. indie bookstore's GoFundMe inspired a small business lifeline
Jane and Raymond Wurwand commit $1 million in grants to support small businesses in Los Angeles County struggling to survive COVID-19.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 25 Dec 2020.
- Winnie the Pooh or Alice in Wonderland first editions could be worth thousands
Shapero's senior children's book expert Roddy Newlands said books handed down through generations have gained in value over the decades.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 24 Dec 2020.
- Why UK Bookstore Heywood Hill Is Giving Away A Book A Month For Life
London, UK bookstore
Heywood Hill is giving away a yearlong subscription to A Year in Books, a program in which subscribers receive an artfully wrapped book each month selected by their staff based on a consultation with the recipient. ...
Forbes. Monday, 2 Nov 2020.
- See a Stunningly Surreal Bookstore in China
Dujiangyan Zhongshu features gravity-defying staircases and infinite bookshelves
Smithsonian. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Iconic Portland bookstore Powell's says it won't sell directly on Amazon anymore: 'We must take a stand'
Selling through the Amazon marketplace was "hard to give up, sort of like smoking," said Powell's CEO Emily Powell. ...
CNBC. Thursday, 27 Aug 2020.
- Browsing Through the History of School Book Fairs
The temporary school bookstores stuffed with metal shelves full of paperbacks and sticker books often felt like a kid's only chance to score a deal on 'Encyclopedia Brown' mysteries.
Mental Floss. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries