This Bookstore news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about bookstore and book store news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How An Airport Bookstore Can Spark The Career Change You're Looking For
You might renew your commitment to what you are doing or gain some clarity on what you might want to change in your work (or your personal life).
Forbes. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- How a Canadian Chain Is Reinventing Book Selling
Indigo is expanding to the United States with its new model for how a big bookstore chain can thrive in the era of online retail.
New York Times. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- WashPost: White Nationalist Protesters Interrupt DC Book Talk
Nearly a dozen protesters who described themselves as white nationalists interrupted a talk at a Washington, D.C. bookstore Saturday afternoon and chanted "This land is our ...
Newsmax. Sunday, 28 Apr 2019.
- Nationalists disrupt bookstore chanting "this land is our land"
The author of the book titled "Dying of Whiteness: How the Politics of Racial Resentment Is Killing America's Heartland" was speaking
CBS News. Sunday, 28 Apr 2019.
- Facebook stored millions of Instagram passwords in plain text
Facebook on Thursday revealed that it accidentally stored "millions" of Instagram user passwords in plain text.
Fox News. Monday, 22 Apr 2019.
- Finding New Books, Friends at Indie Bookstores
Small, independent bookstores in neighborhoods in the United States are considered places to discover new books and make new friendships. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- Microsoft Is Closing Its Ebook Store and Taking the Books With It
Even the ones you bought and paid for.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019.
- LifeWay Christian Closing Brick-And-Mortar Bookstores
Evangelical Christian book retailer LifeWay is closing its stores by the end of the year. Some lament the stores' end, while others say LifeWay sells too narrow an understanding of Christianity.
NPR. Thursday, 28 Mar 2019.
- Millennial Reading Habits Are Surprisingly Traditional
They may have grown up in a digital world, but Millennial reading habits are traditional: they prefer print books, are keeping bookstores alive, and love visiting libraries.
Mental Floss. Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019.
- Who wouldn't want to hang out with Samuel L. Jackson?
Where does Samuel L. Jackson get inspiration for his myriad of intense, memorable film characters? One clue: a comic book store
CBS News. Monday, 25 Mar 2019.
- Facebook Stored Up to 600 Million User Passwords in Plain Text
Facebook engineers built applications that stored unencrypted passwords on internal servers which could be searched by over 20,000 employees.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 22 Mar 2019.
- Facebook Stored Millions Of User Passwords In Plain, Readable Text
The information was held in a readable format within the company's internal data storage systems. Facebook says it "found no evidence to date" of abuse.
NPR. Thursday, 21 Mar 2019.
- Amazon to Shut Pop-Up Stores, Focus on Bookstores & 4-Star
Amazon (AMZN) is set to discontinue its pop-up kiosk program in the United States in order to increase the number of its bookstores and 4-star stores.
Zacks. Thursday, 7 Mar 2019.
- Amazon to close U.S. pop-up stores, focus on opening more book stores
Amazon.com Inc will close all of its U.S. pop-up stores and focus instead on opening more book stores, a company spokesperson said on Wednesday.
Reuters. Wednesday, 6 Mar 2019.
- Gary Sinise's 'Grateful American' Is Profoundly Gripping
Already an Amazon bestseller, Gary Sinise's new book "Grateful American: A Journey from Self to Service," published by Thomas Nelson, hits bookstores and online retailers this week.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 13 Feb 2019.
Direction to a bookstore painted on a brick wall
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries