This Boat news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about boats from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- SBS retake 42,000-ton oil tanker off the Isle of Wight in just SEVEN MINUTES
The Special Boat
Service landed 16 personnel aboard the vessel via air and sea following a ten-hour standoff, with two Royal Navy Merlin helicopters and two Wildcats used.
Daily Mail. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- UK 'SBS' special forces storm tanker and detain stowaways in Channel
Troops from the Special Boat
Service, a navy special forces unit whose headquarters in just a few miles away from where the vessel began showing signs of distress, boarded the Nave Andromeda near the Isle of Wight off southern England. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Second World War seaplane named 'Miss Pick Up' suffered an engine failure
The PBY Catalina flying boat
named 'Miss Pick Up' had landed on the Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands when her starboard engine failed to re-start.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- English Channel migrants 'being detained in unfit conditions'
So far, some 7,444 migrants have crossed in boats
during 2020 - the third annual jump in arrivals.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Lack of Night Patrol Delayed Detection of Deadly Boat Fire, U.S. Says
The fire aboard the Conception scuba dive boat
killed 34 people last year.
New York Times. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Federal transportation authorities to vote on probable cause in fatal California boat fire
Federal authorities are expected to vote Tuesday on what likely sparked a fire aboard a scuba dive boat
last year that killed 34 people off the coast of Southern California.
Fox News. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Young child among migrants crossing the English Channel
Dozens of people make the crossing in small boats
as winds increase in the English Channel.
BBC News. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Cruise Ship Rescues 24 People From Sinking Boat Off Florida Coast
The Carnival Sensation, which was sailing with no guests and a skeleton crew, found the boat
in distress 37 miles off the coast of Palm Beach.
New York Times. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- What We Know Now About Scottish Robot Spy Boat
Mounting evidence points to the likely owner of the mystery vessel washed up in Scotland. And the episode tell us something about modern intelligence gathering.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Migrant found on Calais beach 'almost certainly' died trying to reach UK
A man found dead on a beach near Calais was "almost certainly" a migrant who drowned trying to reach the UK by crossing the English Channel in a small boat, French officials have said.
Sky News. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- Cruise ship rescues 24 people from boat off Florida coast
A Carnival Cruise Line ship rescued two dozen people, including two children, from a sinking boat
37 miles off the Florida coast, the cruise line reported Saturday.
Yahoo. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- Galapagos Islands | With tour boats moored due to the coronavirus pandemic, the animals are out
The Galapagos marine reserve faces threats from industrial fishing, climate change and a drastic drop in tourism and funding for conservation.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- Retired army major bids to row 100 miles in homemade 'Tintanic'
An 80-year-old retired army major plans to row 100 miles for charity in his homemade boat, dubbed the Tintanic.
Sky News. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- 2 men missing after their gold mining dredge overturns
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - A search is underway in Alaska for two men who went missing after their gold mining boat
Washington Times. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Fort Lauderdale boat seen on video exploding, 13 people injured
Witnesses acted immediately, jumping into the water to rescue the passengers while others called 911.
Fox News. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
Boat Dealers News Headlines and News Summaries