This Boat news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about boats from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- U.S. ship fires warning shots at Iranian boats
Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby said a group of 13 Iranian fast-attack boats
"conducted unsafe and unprofessional maneuvers."
CBS News. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- US ship fires 30 warning shots in encounter with 13 armed Iranian boats in the Strait of Hormuz
Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said Monday that some of the Iranian fast boats
came as close as 150 yards of six U.S. military vessels escorting the submarine Georgia.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Iran's Revolutionary Guards Blame U.S. Ship For Gulf Incident
Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) is accusing a U.S. Coast Guard vessel of "provocation" after Washington said the ship fired warning shots against approaching Iranian military boats
in the Persian Gulf.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Strait of Hormuz: US fires warning shots at Iranian boats in Gulf
The Pentagon accuses Iranian boats
of acting "aggressively" near US vessels in the Strait of Hormuz.
BBC News. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- US ship fired 30 warning shots at Iranian speedboats in Strait of Hormuz
A U.S. Coast Guard vessel fired 30 warning rounds at Iranian boats
that came within 150 yards of U.S. ships transiting throug the Strait of Hormuz.
ABC News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Iran Harasses US Ships, Submarine in Strait of Hormuz
The Pentagon called the incident 'significant,' saying two rounds of warning shots were fired before the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps boats
Voice of America. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- US warships fire warning shots at Iranian gunboats in the Strait of Hormuz
U.S. warships Monday in the Strait of Hormuz fired warning shots at armed Iranian speedboats that had approached to within 150 yards of the American flotilla, U.S. officials said.
Fox News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- US Vessel Fires Warning Shots at Iranian Patrol Boats
The incident, in the Strait of Hormuz, was the third time in just over a month that vessels from the two countries have come dangerously close.
New York Times. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Lachlan Murdoch drops $29.8 million on an Australian boat shed
In the coveted coastal community of Point Piper in Australia, media mogul Lachlan Murdoch has paid $29.8 million for a small boat
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- HMS Severn joins sister ship Tamar at Portsmouth after gunboats saw off angry French skippers
The Anglo-French confrontation began after some French boats
were refused licences to fish in Jersey's waters under post-Brexit regulations, with a flotilla of vessels protesting at St Helier.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Father of missing boater continues search week after boat capsizes near East Chicago Marina
After nearly a week of searching, authorities have not been able to locate the body of 20-year old Kelvin Soto Crespo.
ABC News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Miniature castle in Florida hits market for $1.75 million
The castle sits on a17,864-square-foot property and includes four docks that can hold sailboats and yachts up to 70 feet long.
Fox News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- A Pearl Harbor hero finally recognized
David Martin marks the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor with a report on a long-unsung hero of that day: Boatswain's Mate Second Class Joseph L. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Jersey fishing: What's the row between UK and France about?
French fishing boats
protest at the port of St Helier, in dispute over access to waters around the island.
BBC News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Jersey Militia Reenactor Fires Musket At Blockading French Ships In International Standoff Over Fish
Gunboat diplomacy over fish
Daily Caller. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
Boat Dealers News Headlines and News Summaries