This Blood news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about blood news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- US water polo captain Maggie Steffens returns from bloody cut on nose in dramatic win over China
A deep, bloody facial cut wasn't enough to keep United States water polo captain Maggie Steffens out of the pool in a dramatic comeback win over China in Olympic group play.
Daily Mail. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Mother who thought her daughter was being abused discovers she has cancer
Lauren Ouzts Lee, 32, from South Carolina, started finding blood
clots in the family toilet in June 2018, when her daughter Emma was five years old.
Daily Mail. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Chicago violence: 12 dead, 70 shot amid bloody weekend
Chicago authorities on Monday said that 70 people were shot and 12 were killed amid another violent weekend in the city.
Fox News. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Could new developments help Kevin Cooper's bid for freedom?
A man on death row says his blood
was planted at the crime scene. Will an empty vial help his case?
CBS News. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- British and Irish Lions: Lions fight back to clinch series opener
The British and Irish Lions draw first blood
in the Test series against world champions South Africa after fighting back from nine points down at the break.
BBC News. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Fowl Play: The Mystery Surrounding Fabio's Fatal Goose-to-Face Collision
In 1999, swarthy actor/model Fabio hopped on a roller coaster at Busch Gardens. He returned with a bloody face and a dead goose. But there's more than one theory to what exactly happened.
Mental Floss. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Blood shortage worsening in Illinois, donations needed urgently, Red Cross says
donors - especially African American donors - are needed as the American Red Cross reports the blood
shortage is getting worse in Illinois and nationwide.
ABC News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Ethiopia Tigray crisis: New front opens in war as aid fears grow
A bloody eight-month battle for control of the Tigray region spills over into neighbouring Afar.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- A Hot Fitness Trend Among Olympians: Blood Flow Restriction
Some athletes in Tokyo are indulging in a trendy technique to enhance the effects of training and stimulate recovery. Credit a Japanese former power lifter.
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Why did the air quality in these states plummet on Tuesday?
Skies across major U.S. cities were a murky grey on Tuesday against a blood
orange sun as smoke choked the East Coast.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Mosquito 'Tornadoes' Storm Russia's Far East
Blood-curdling images show pillars of swarming mosquitos above Russia's Kamchatka region as they hunt for a mate.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- The first saliva test to measure glucose levels in people with diabetes will be available in 2023
With this new method, patients with diabetes will avoid the pain of current blood
tests. In addition, this technology could be used to measure at least 130 indicators of the organism.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- The Saudi-UAE Bust-Up Is A Return To The Persian Gulf Status Quo
Saudi-UAE relations are in free fall. Should we be alarmed? No. These monarchies have a long history of bad blood
and border disputes. This time, the breakdown turns out to be good for Iran.
Forbes. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- New Wearable Medical Sensors Run on Fingertip Sweat
The slim, flexible device could measure blood
glucose or heart rate without the need for batteries
Smithsonian. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- Country Superstar Ashley Monroe Asks For Prayers As She Reveals Blood Cancer Diagnosis
'I DO believe in the power of prayer guys'
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
Blood Banks News Headlines and News Summaries