This Blood news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about blood news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Syrian mother living through Ghouta airstrikes: "The world is just watching"
We are learning more about the plight of two young Syrian girls caught up in one of the government's bloodiest sieges of the country's seven-year civil war. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Beauty technician, 42, reveals her nose has DOUBLED in size after corrective surgery
Laudiane Fernandes, 42, from Alagoas, Brazil, was born with haemangiomas, collections of small blood
vessels that form lumps under the skin, in her nose, scalp and around her eyes.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- New Drugs Could Help Treat Obesity. Could They End the Stigma, Too?
The hope is that new treatments will encourage people to think of obesity as a chronic disease, like high blood
pressure or diabetes.
New York Times. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Hamas targets Jerusalem after clashes at revered mosque
Health officials said at least 20 people, including nine children, were killed in fighting, making it one of the bloodiest days of battle between the bitter enemies in several years.
ABC News. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Judge killed by mobsters in 1990 put on path to sainthood
For the beatification, Rosario Livatino's blood-soaked shirt was put into a glass-enclosed reliquary.
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Boost Your Portfolio With These 4 Rising Cash-Flow Backed Stocks
Cash is a company's lifeblood, measure of resiliency and indicator of its true financial health.
Zacks. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Labour was in our blood and bone. Now it's left our hearts, says RUTH SUNDERLAND
RUTH SUNDERLAND: I was born and bred in Middlesbrough, only a few miles from Hartlepool, into a family steeped in Labour loyalty.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Explainer: Bloody protests in Colombia leave at least 26 dead
Protests have raged on in Colombia for 10 days that have left at least 26 dead, hundreds injured and dozens missing.
ABC News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Under 40s to be offered alternative to AZ vaccine
Link to rare blood
clots leads to shift in vaccination programme for younger age groups.
BBC News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Coronavirus: NI under-40s urged to come forward for Covid-19 vaccine
It follows concerns around the risk of blood
clots among young people receiving the AstraZeneca jab.
BBC News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Deadly police shootout prompts claims of abuse in Brazil
A bloody, hourslong gunbattle in a Rio de Janeiro slum echoed into Friday, with authorities saying the police mission killed two dozen criminals while residents and activists claimed human rights abuses.
Fox News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- U.K. Advises Offering Alternatives to AstraZeneca Vaccine for Under-40s
Its regulator factored in concerns over very rare blood
clots, the dwindling risk of severe infection and the availability of alternatives.
New York Times. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- UK to offer under-40s alternative to AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine given rare blood clot concerns
A very small number of people who have been inoculated with the AstraZeneca vaccine have suffered blood
CNBC. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Under-40s to be offered alternative to Oxford jab over blood clot fears
All under-40s are to be offered an alternative to the Oxford-AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine as a precaution.
Sky News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- AEW Blood And Guts Ratings: AEW Wins The Night With Over 1 Million Viewers For Polarizing Match
AEW drew 1.09 million for a polarizing Blood
and Guts TV special.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
Blood Banks News Headlines and News Summaries