This Blood news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about blood news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Why Some of Darwin's Finches Evolved to Drink Blood
Scientists suggest the vampire finch evolved to drink blood
to survive the volcanic archipelago's harsh environment and scarce resources
Smithsonian. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- TOM UTLEY: How long before my love of rare steak becomes as reviled as some of my neanderthal views?
TOM UTLEY: All my adult life I've had a passion for red meat. Indeed, there is nothing I enjoy more than a thick, juicy steak bien saignant, as the French say - good and bloody.
Daily Mail. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Beloved special ed teacher, 32, shot dead by teenager in Las Vegas
Jose Santa Cruz, 32, was killed in cold blood
shortly before 7 pm on January 7, after helping his father park a taco truck on East Charleston Boulevard.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- What happens to your body during tailgating
Researchers simulated a tailgating situation with a small group of overweight but healthy men and examined the impact of the eating and drinking on their livers using blood
tests and a liver scan.
Science Daily. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Hypertension During Pregnancy Tied to Later Cognitive Decline
Pregnant women with blood
pressure readings above 140/90 had deficits on tests of mental agility 15 years later.
New York Times. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Video Surfaces Of Trump Supporter Begging Police To Stop Capitol Riot
'These people want blood'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Could Alex Salmond bring down Nicola Sturgeon?
The next few weeks could be bloody for the SNP as a Scottish Parliament inquiry kicks off.
BBC News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- We were robbed! Most memorable officiating controversies for all 32 NFL teams
It has been two years since the pass interference controversy in the Rams-Saints NFC Championship. So NFL Nation is looking at the top blood-boiling calls for every team.
ESPN. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- What Scientists Are Learning About Covid-19 Using the Nation's Blood Supply
Labs and blood
banks collect millions of blood
samples each month, offering a distinctive source of data on the disease
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Researchers discover mechanism behind most severe cases of a common blood disorder
G6PD deficiency affects about 400 million people worldwide and can pose serious health risks. Now, researchers think they've found the cause of the most severe cases, which could finally lead to treatments.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- 'You're all wanting blood' - Celtic's Lennon angry at 'barrage of hypocrisy' over Dubai trip
Celtic manager Neil Lennon says the Scottish government's decision to tell 13 of their players to self-isolate after their trip to Dubai was motivated by politics and not public health.
BBC News. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- The ABC7 Great Chicago Blood Drive
ABC 7 Chicago is partnering with the American Red Cross for The ABC 7 Great Chicago Blood
Drive, Wednesday, January 13, 2021.
ABC News. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- A single blood donation can save a life, recipient says
The ABC 7 Great Chicago Blood
Drive is tomorrow! You can still register to give the gift of life.
ABC News. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Doctor's Death After Getting the Covid Vaccine Is Investigated
A Florida physician developed an unusual blood
disorder shortly after he received the Pfizer vaccine. It is not yet known if the shot is linked to the illness.
New York Times. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Abbott (ABT) to Expand in Booming TBI Space on New Approval
If positive, Abbott's (ABT) TBI blood
test result complements CT scans to help evaluate whether a suspected patient has a TBI.
Zacks. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
Blood Banks News Headlines and News Summaries