This Biological news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about biological and biology news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Marine biology: Sponges as biomonitors of micropollution
Sponges are filter feeders that live on particulate matter -- but they can also ingest microscopic fragments of plastics and other pollutants of anthropogenic origin. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Covid: Why is coronavirus so deadly?
Why does the biology
of coronavirus mean it poses such a threat to human life?
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Microbial diversity below seafloor is as rich as on Earth's surface
For the first time, researchers have mapped the biological
diversity of marine sediment, one of Earth's largest global biomes. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Education Of A Tax Court Judge
He will have Latin, Greek, Theology and Military Science (but no biology
or chemistry or that sort of science). Other than that it was just like going to Riverdale High with Archie, Veronica, Betty, and Jughead.
Forbes. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- When did the menopause become the moanopause? A despairing LINDSAY NICHOLSON laments
British celebrities including Emma Freud, 58, have shared their experience of menopause. Lindsay Nicholson argues she doesn't to hear whingeing about a normal aspect of biology
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Stepmother slammed as 'cruel' for asking to have her stepson edited out of a family photo
Natalie from Florida posed for professional photos with her husband, their two biological
kids, and her husband's son from another relationship. She then wanted the stepson edited out.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Trump administration loses fight to stop child born abroad to gay couple from becoming US citizen
Same-sex couples asked to prove biological
parentage but heterosexual couples typically are not
Yahoo. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Covid: South Asian hospital patients 'at greater risk of dying'
is a more important factor than poverty or underlying health, research suggests.
BBC News. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Two Scientists Receive the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for Their Discovery of CRISPR
The award-winning researchers, Jennifer Doudna and Emmanuelle Charpentier, harnessed the power of gene-editing technology and revolutionized biology
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Syngenta Purchases Leading Biologicals Company Valagro
In an effort to increase its sustainable farming line, Syngenta has acquired the biologicals company Valagro.
Forbes. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Gynecologist fathered at least 17 children, hospital says
A DNA profile of the gynecologist will allow other children born following fertility treatment at the hospital to check if he also is their biological
CBS News. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- GOP senators introduce bill to punish schools allowing biological males to compete in female sports
A group of Republican senators is seeking to revoke federal funding from U.S. schools that allow biological
males to compete in women's sports.
Fox News. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- China approves 1st human trials for COVID-19 nasal spray vaccine
China on Wednesday approved Phase 1 human testing of a COVID-19 nasal spray vaccine being developed by researchers at Xiamen University, Hong Kong University, and vaccine maker Beijing Wantai Biological
Pharmacy Enterprise Co. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 11 Sep 2020.
- New York man, raised as an only child, meets biological brothers after taking DNA test
Mel Adler went from being an only child to the eldest of three, all in the click of a mouse.
Fox News. Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020.
- How Superspreaders - People and Places - Drive COVID-19 Pandemic
A mix of biology, behavior and location results in the bulk of cases.
Voice of America. Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020.
Biological Laboratories News Headlines and News Summaries