This Biological news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about biological and biology news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Student gunman kills one and injures three in German lecture hall before shooting himself dead
The 18-year-old gunman was a biology
student at Heidelberg university, said the regional chief of police. Before the shooting, the gunman told his father 'people will be punished', the police chief said.
Daily Mail. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Couple torn after biological mother of their future adoptive twins demands she name the babies
A woman has divided the internet after she shared how the biological
mother of her and her husband's future adoptive twins has demanded she name the newborns and threatened to find new parents
Daily Mail. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- 'Intriguing' Carbon Isotopes on Mars Could Be From Cosmic Dust, UV Radiation or Ancient Life
NASA scientists compared the data to chemical signatures of biological
processes on Earth and found some similarities to billion-year-old microbes
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Trans women athletes hold competitive edge, even after testosterone suppression, scientists say
Transgender female athletes hold a competitive edge over their biologically female competitors that one year of testosterone suppression therapy cannot mitigate, scientists argue,
Fox News. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- How to reverse your biological age and feel younger without spending a fortune
If living a long and healthy life is a goal of yours, there are steps you can take to turn back the clock.
Fox News. Saturday, 15 Jan 2022.
- Twitter Suspends Matt Walsh Over Transgender Tweets
'I pointed out that biological
males are men'
Daily Caller. Saturday, 8 Jan 2022.
- Illumina (ILMN)-SomaLogic Ink Deal to Advance Proteomics
Illumina's (ILMN) collaboration with SomaLogic will boost the fast-growing high throughput sector of the proteomics market to aid research in biology
Zacks. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- Choosing to adopt pets over children is 'selfish' and 'takes away our humanity,' Pope Francis says
Francis said that couples who cannot biologically have children should consider adoption.
ABC News. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- Cold case victim from 1994 is identified through forensic genealogy in Riverside County
Patricia Cavallaro was found partially buried nearly 30 years ago. Investigators identified her by finding a DNA match with a biological
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Teacher arrested for allegedly giving vaccine to teen
Laura Parker Russo, a biology
teacher, allegedly injected the 17-year-old boy in her home. He then went home and told his mom.
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022.
- E.O. Wilson, a Pioneer of Evolutionary Biology, Dies at 92
A Harvard professor for 46 years, he was an expert on insects and explored how natural selection and other forces could influence animal behavior. He then applied his research to humans.
New York Times. Thursday, 30 Dec 2021.
- 3 Synthetic Biology Stocks in Focus With Strong Potential
Here we discuss three stocks - CDXS, PGEN, VERV - engaged in the field of scientific biology
that investors may keep a tab of as these have the potential to generate wealth for them going forward.
Zacks. Friday, 24 Dec 2021.
- Exploring The Role Of Biological Insurance In Employee Benefits Packages
Many HR professionals are constantly searching for new benefits to retain employees.
Forbes. Wednesday, 22 Dec 2021.
- Does Biology Work Beyond Earth?
A scientist who loves to write, can do it well, and can share the excitement of the scientific pursuit is incredibly rare. This is why reading Kevin Hand's book Alien Oceans is worth it and will inspire a new generation of explorers.
Forbes. Monday, 6 Dec 2021.
- Variations in Earth's orbit have affected biological evolution, study finds
Although the Earth's orbit around the Sun is not a perfect circle today, at times it has been even more elliptical - making the seasons more eccentric - and a new study has found this has impacted biological
Sky News. Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021.
Biological Laboratories News Headlines and News Summaries