This Biological news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about biological and biology news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- North Korea 'is testing its own coronavirus vaccine'
A source in North Korea claims scientists at Kim Il Sung University are using expertise gathered through 'hacking activities' to carry out their work at a biological
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Under 30 Alum Mammoth Biosciences To Develop Diagnostics For Department Of Defense
Mammoth Biosciences gets funding to develop Crispr based tests to detect biological
threats. Company's CEO, Trevor Martin, says his goal is to develop an easy-to-use and a cost effective test which could be easily accessible.
Forbes. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- Couple who used surrogate must adopt biological twins because of 1988 Michigan law
In a bizarre legal case, a couple from Michigan is being forced to adopt their biological
babies after they were born by a gestational surrogate. ...
CBS News. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Couple forced to adopt biological babies born through surrogacy
- Amid One Pandemic, Students Train for the Next
Researchers have banded together to find safe, virtual ways to teach the principles of microbiology and epidemiology.
New York Times. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Researchers ID potential target for anti-viral drugs to battle COVID
Researchers have published the first structural biology
analysis of a section of the COVID-19 viral RNA called the stem-loop II motif. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- TikTok user claims DNA test reveals dad isn't related to her, biological father is a billionaire
A TikTok user recently revealed that she discovered a shocking secret about her family after taking a DNA test.
Fox News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Parents must adopt their OWN biological twins in surrogate controversy
The Helen DeVos Children's Hospital in Grand Rapids has allowed Jordan and Tammy Myers full access to their twins - Eames and Ellison.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- A biological strategy reveals how efficient brain circuitry develops spontaneously
Researchers have explained how the regularly structured topographic maps in the visual cortex of the brain could arise spontaneously to efficiently process visual information. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Could CRISPR Eradicate Acne?
Acne treatment could be entering a new phase using CRISPR and synthetic biology
Forbes. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Biological mom accuses adoptive parents of foul play after two boys go missing
California police are still searching for two children who were reported missing by their adopted parents last month, Fox Nation host Nancy Grace said in a new episode of "Crime Stories."
Fox News. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Study Says Transgender Women Maintain Athletic Advantage Over Biological Women
The findings could change guidelines for the Olympic games
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Pandemic deaths and economic fallout are top Alabama story
threat that once seemed far removed from Alabama dominated both state news and everyday life like nothing else in 2020. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 28 Dec 2020.
- The Biology of Mistletoe
Best known as a holiday trimming, the parasitic plant is a botanical luminary in its own right
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- Light Pollution Is Causing Birds to Nest Earlier, Mitigating Some Effects of Climate Change
But two wrongs don't make a right, as both problems are altering the birds' biology
Smithsonian. Monday, 21 Dec 2020.
Biological Laboratories News Headlines and News Summaries