This Biological news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about biological and biology news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Growing up high: Neurobiological consequences of adolescent cannabis use
About one in five Canadian adolescents uses cannabis. Neuroscientists have been researching the effects of cannabis on the adolescent brain. ...
Science Daily. Sunday, 26 May 2019.
- The extraordinary powers of bacteria visualized in real time
The global spread of antibiotic resistance is a major public health issue and a priority for international microbiology research. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Matter: Scientists Created Bacteria With a Synthetic Genome. Is This Artificial Life?
In a milestone for synthetic biology, colonies of E. coli thrive with DNA constructed from scratch by humans, not nature.
New York Times. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Maleah Davis case: Missing 4-year-old's biological father shares heart-wrenching photos
The father of a missing Houston girl took to social media to share heart-wrenching photos of his daughter amid a nearly two-week-long search for her
Yahoo. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Men DO have a ticking biological clock, study finds
The study by Rutgers University is the latest in a growing field that suggests men, like women, may have a ticking biological clock.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Want To Make Better Decisions?
Neurobiological research reveals complex communication between millions of neurons embedded in our gut, and the limbic brain, integral to decision-making. Decisions rely more on 'gut feel' that we may realize. ...
Forbes. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Florida man sought after breaking into home, taking daughter by force, police say
A Florida father may be heading to another state after breaking into a home and taking off with his 8-year-old biological daughter, authorities said Saturday.
Fox News. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- Maleah Davis' biological father says her stepdad owes him answers
Maleah Davis' biological father, Craig Davis (left), wants answers from the child's stepdad, Darion Vence (bottom right), after cops said he changed his story multiple times after reporting her missing.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Marines take on chemical attack training
Royal Marines have been training to respond to a chemical, biological or nuclear attack anywhere in the UK or abroad.
BBC News. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Bio-Rad (BIO) Q1 Earnings Beat Estimates, Margins Expand
Bio-Rad (BIO) witnesses revenue growth at the Life Sciences segment in Q1 on strength in cell biology, droplet Digital PCR and other product lines.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Missing girl's biological dad: 'I can't control my emotions'
The biological father of Maleah Davis wants the girl's stepdad to speak to him about what happened when she disappeared.
ABC News. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Biological annihilation: 1 million species facing extinction within decades - CNET
The "most comprehensive assessment" of life on Earth shows a planet in crisis.
CNET. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- SQA defends 'too hard' biology exams
The SQA insists the papers were "valid tests" after pupils started a petition calling for lower pass marks.
BBC News. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- How Drug Companies Helped Shape A Shifting, Biological View Of Mental Illness
Mind Fixers, by historian Anne Harrington, takes a hard look at the ways the marketing of a new pill to treat a mental disorder can change the way the condition is defined and treated.
NPR. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- Kenyan Kiptum suspended, won't run in London Marathon
World half marathon record holder Abraham Kiptum has been provisionally suspended by the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) for an Athlete Biological Passport (ABP) violation, the AIU said on Friday.
Reuters. Friday, 26 Apr 2019.
Biological testing equipment
Related Directory Page(s)
Biological Laboratories News Headlines and News Summaries