This Biological news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about biological and biology news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- From the tiny testes of flies, new insight into how genes arise
A common birthplace of new genes, the male testes are a hotspot for biological
innovation. Within these organs, scientists have found a trove of virgin genetic sequences -- and a better understanding of how evolution moves forward.
Science Daily. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Could biological clocks in plants set the time for crop spraying?
Plants can tell the time, and this affects their responses to certain herbicides used in agriculture according to new research. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Watch Leaves Change Color in a Matter of Seconds
A new time-lapse video of over 6,000 leaf photos reveals the biology
behind fall foliage
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Biobanking Is Changing The World
With the evolution of biobanks rapidly enabling the creation of massive collections of biological
material and associated information, how are these collected terabytes of data transforming nations?
Forbes. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- IVF woman fearing cancer found her 'mum' is not her biological mother
Robyn Ranford, 22, (right) from London, lost her mother to breast cancer (pictured together left). Her father told her not to worry about any hereditary risk as her 'mum' was not her biological
Daily Mail. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Jeffrey Epstein had a 'biological' need to 'have three orgasms a day'
Johanna Sjoberg (right) testified in 2016 that Jeffrey Epstein (left) told her of his insatiable sexual appetite. Sjoberg says she was recruited to work for Epstein by Ghislaine Maxwell.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
- Cleveland auto mechanic fulfills lifelong dream to become a doctor
After managing an auto repair shop for 15 years, Carl Allamby enrolled in a business program at Ursuline College to help him with his management skills. When he took a required biology
class, his life changed completely. ...
CBS News. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- EPA reauthorizes use of "cyanide bombs" to kill wildlife
The devices "inhumanely and indiscriminately killing thousands of animals every year," according to the Center for Biological
CBS News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Scottish exams: Fears over 'too hard' biology papers may be misplaced
Thousands of people had signed a petition complaining the National 5 and Higher papers were too hard.
BBC News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Biology trumps gender identity - IAAF on Semenya ruling
The IAAF says "biology has to trump gender identity" as it welcomes the decision to permit restrictions in testosterone levels of female runners.
BBC News. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- This Company Is Helping Farmers Wean Themselves Off Synthetic Fertilizers
An English company has discovered a biological
agent that allows farmers to cut their use of nitrogen-based fertilizers. This is a big advance!
Forbes. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- Foods That Boost Men's Sex Drive
When men reach their 50s, testosterone levels decrease because biologically there is no urgent need for further reproduction. ...
Newsmax. Friday, 26 Jul 2019.
- Univar Starts Distribution Deal with Novozymes in Canada
Univar's (UNVR) agreement includes the addition of Novozymes' leading product brands to NexusBioAg's extensive portfolio of biological
and crop fertility products.
Zacks. Thursday, 18 Jul 2019.
- Sorry, Ladies: It's Just Biology, Psychology, and Economics
Women's sports will never be as popular as men's sports — at least not without men competing as women.
American Thinker. Monday, 15 Jul 2019.
- Mother and Daughter Duo From Denton to Attend UNT Together
It's rare that a 15-year-old attends college. A Denton teen and her mother, both biology
majors, will do it together, this fall. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Friday, 12 Jul 2019.
Biological Laboratories News Headlines and News Summaries