This Biological news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about biological and biology news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- As Some Startup VCs Hunker Down, Others Are Finding New Ways To Fund The Next AWS Of Biology
NFX has launched a program called The Bio Draft, designed to speed up the funding and launch of biotech startups. NFX is just one of a number of Silicon Valley VCs who are getting into the world of reading, writing, and editing DNA.
Forbes. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- After 56% Rally Can Illumina Stock See More Gains?
The stock price of Illumina, best known for its genetic variation and biological
function systems, has rallied around 56% over recent weeks (vs. ...
Forbes. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Why stakeholders in 'wind energy vs biological conservation' conflict have low mutual trust
Each year, wind turbines are responsible for the death of hundreds of thousands of airborne animals such as bats. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Biological factories: How do bacteria build up natural products?
The active agents of many drugs are natural products, so called because often only microorganisms are able to produce the complex structures. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- The Indiana Jones of Biology Gets Attacked by Hippos More Often Than Most People
Biologist and adventurer Forrest Galante, host of 'Extinct or Alive,' talks risk-taking and following your passion to the ends of the earth.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Extinctions raise risk of "biological annihilation," study warns
"We cannot separate ourselves from the natural world," said legendary conservationist Jane Goodall. "We continue to destroy it at our peril."
CBS News. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Public Schools Will Be Forced To Allow Biological Males On Female Sports Teams If Joe Biden Wins, According To Biden
'There is no room for compromise'
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Black women scientists missing from textbooks, study shows
Scientists portrayed in biology
textbooks are predominantly white men, according to a US study.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Divorced people more likely to die early than heavy drinkers
Scientists revealed the disparity after asking 13,611 American adults about their lives, and then monitoring how many died between 2008 and 2014. Medical and biological
factors were excluded.
Daily Mail. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- How a search for family brought one NFL coach to a place he never expected
Kansas City Chiefs running backs coach Deland McCullough went searching for his biological
parents. He found them where he never would have expected.
ESPN. Sunday, 21 Jun 2020.
- George Washington Was a Good Dad, Too
Though he had no biological
children, the first president acted as a doting father to many of his family members
Smithsonian. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- Ginkgo Bioworks CEO on scaling up Covid-19 testing: 'If we try, we can win'
Ginkgo Bioworks, a synthetic biology
company, is focusing much of its talent and resources on ramping up Covid-19 testing.
CNBC. Thursday, 18 Jun 2020.
- Trump administration revokes Obama-era transgender health protection
The policy shift, long-sought by the president's religious and socially conservative supporters, defines gender as a person's biological
ABC News. Friday, 12 Jun 2020.
- Couple finally meet son born to surrogate mother
Covid-19 travel restrictions mean newborn babies born to surrogate mothers can't be immediately united with their biological
BBC News. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- Argentine couple finally meet son born to surrogate mother
Covid-19 travel restrictions mean babies born to surrogate mothers can't be united with their biological
BBC News. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
Biological Laboratories News Headlines and News Summaries