This Bicycle news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about bicycles from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Amid COVID-19 bike shortage, ABC7 viewers help each other find shops selling bicycles
After reporting about a bike shortage around the Chicago area, ABC7 viewers are helping each other out.
ABC News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Bike sales surge helps Halfords through lockdown
The retailer said sales of bicycles
leapt during lockdown, but sales of car parts saw big falls.
BBC News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Could New York Finally Become a Bike City?
A 102-year-old bicycle
shop in Queens did big business during the Spanish flu, the Depression and the oil crisis of the 1970s. But the pandemic poses a new challenge for a new age.
New York Times. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- VanMoof S3 e-bike review: Easy rider
A new high bar for consumer e bikes, the VanMoof S3 is the best electric bicycle
we've ridden, and a great choice for anyone considering taking the
Pocket Lint. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Black Lives Matter Bike Protests Draw Thousands to New York Streets
Black Lives Matter bicycle
rides have grown in size and popularity and have evolved into distinctive displays.
New York Times. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Cyclist's video of police officer stopping him and accusing him of 'antisocial behaviour'
The footage, which is going viral on social media and was filmed in Barking, east London, shows a group of police officers stop an unnamed man for riding his bicycle
on the pavement.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- COVID-19 bike shortage leaves shops, consumers scrambling
With the Lakefront Trail now open and the weather heating up, people want to go out and ride bicycles. But many of them are finding out the COVID-19 pandemic has caused a bike shortage
ABC News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Belfast teen found in drain 'was loved by everyone'
A woman who found the missing teenager's bicycle
in her garden reaches out to his family.
BBC News. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Segways Reach The End Of The Road But Bicycles Keep On Rolling
As production of the Segway comes to an end, the simpler bicycle
rolls on and on and on.
Forbes. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Thief on a bicycle digs up and steals plants from family's front garden in bizarre night raid
Zulfiqar Ali, 44, and his wife Shahnaz Akhtar, 44, caught the thief on CCTV. The man cycled into their front garden and stole plants planted by their children in Bobbers Mill, Nottingham.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Bicycle Therapeutics (BCYC) Catches Eye: Stock Jumps 8.9%
Therapeutics (BCYC) saw a big move last session, as its shares jumped nearly 9% on the day, amid huge volumes.
Zacks. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Hundreds join search for missing teenager who may be concussed
Police have issued an urgent appeal for information about a missing child who may be concussed and confused after falling off his bicycle
Sky News. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- People are forgetting how to drive due to coronavirus lockdowns, survey finds
Not like riding a bicycle.
Fox News. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- 15 Classic Films to Stream on the Criterion Channel Right Now
If you're caught up with all your shows on Netflix, the Criterion Channel has classic films like 'Bicycle Thieves' and 'The Red Shoes' that every film fan should see.
Mental Floss. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Trek Urged To Divest From Police Business After Bicycles Used Against Black Lives Matter Protestors
Trek Bikes is coming under increasing pressure to divest from supplying bicycles
to U. S. police forces.
Forbes. Monday, 8 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries