This Bicycle news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about bicycles from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chris Boardman reveals he's been working in his local bike shop during lockdown
Olympic cyclist Chris Boardman has revealed that he worked one day a week at a bicycle
repair shop near his home on the Wirral in an effort to keep key workers moving during the coronavirus crisis.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Elderly man, 78, on bicycle fatally struck by car in Union Ridge
A 78-year-old bicyclist was killed Friday after he was struck by a car in the Union Ridge neighborhood.
ABC News. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- Pictured: Schoolboy, 10, who died after BMW hit two children on same bicycle
Steven Duffield, 10, and his friend were both hit by a BMW while riding a bike together in Hull, Humberside at around 6pm last night. Steven later died in hospital.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Peloton recalls 27,000 bikes after users report injuries
Fitness equipment maker says pedals on some of its older stationary bicycles
can break and must be replaced.
CBS News. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Halfords bumps up cycle supplies as 'unprecedented demand' lifts profit
Halfords said it has been ramping up supplies of bicycles
as "unprecedented demand" extends into the autumn even after the end of the peak summer season.
Sky News. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Seattle officer on leave after video shows cop rolling bicycle over protester's head
A livestream shows an officer rolling a bike over the head or neck of a person lying in the street amid a protest in Seattle.
Yahoo. Saturday, 26 Sep 2020.
- 'Nude' gym short trend is making social media do a double-take
Daring gym-goers and fitness enthusiast are opting to workout in bicycle
shorts that are strikingly similar to the color human skin and give off a naked appearance.
Fox News. Tuesday, 15 Sep 2020.
- Malawi 9-Year-Old Defies Disability, Inspires Community
Talandira Kogoya was born with only one limb but taught himself how to write, play football, and ride a bicycle.
Voice of America. Friday, 11 Sep 2020.
- 11-year-old boy robbed of bike at knife-point in Lakeview: Chicago Police
A man robbed an 11-year-old boy of his bicycle
at knife-point in Lakeview Sunday.
ABC News. Monday, 7 Sep 2020.
- Passive Exoskeletons For Combat: More Cool Than Practical
The reason is simple: passive exoskeletons are a bicycle
when the soldiers need a motorcycle.
Forbes. Sunday, 6 Sep 2020.
- Man creates special racetrack for 4-year-old boy
A Utah man decided to draw out a racetrack for his 4-year-old neighbor after noticing that the boy liked riding his bicycle
in his driveway. Steve Hartman reports on this week's "On The Road."
CBS News. Friday, 4 Sep 2020.
- LA man shot by cops in back more than 20 times, lawyer claims as police continue investigation
A Black man was fatally shot by police in Southern Los Angeles after two deputies tried to stop him for riding a bicycle
in an unlawful manner, police said.
Fox News. Tuesday, 1 Sep 2020.
- Schwinn shifts marketing gears as bike riding surges during the coronavirus crisis
Retail demand for bicycles
in the U.S. has been surging since the pandemic and Schwinn is riding ecommerce sales through mass retailers, like Walmart and Target.
CNBC. Monday, 31 Aug 2020.
- Active Mobility - Covid-19 Has Created Opportunities And Challenges For A U.K. Bike Venture
subscription service has seen demand rise since the onset of the pandemic as people have moved away from public transport. So is this a good time for mobility entrepreneurs?
Forbes. Sunday, 30 Aug 2020.
- Sir Chris Hoy's Secret World of Japanese Bicycle Racing quiz
Sir Chris Hoy quizzes British cyclist Joe Truman on his Japanese language skills as the Olympic track hopeful spends time at a keirin school 200km from Tokyo.
BBC News. Saturday, 15 Aug 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries