This Bicycle news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about bicycles from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Parks are packed as people bask in the winter sun and even enjoy PICNICS
A group of five people were seen enjoying a sit-down picnic in Greenwich Park, London, next to a series of bicycles
leaning against a tree.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
- CES 2021: Bicycles Want To Get Into The Connected Vehicle Game
To make it possible for the bikes of the future to let drivers know that they're nearby, stakeholders are developing a bicycle-to-vehicle (B2V) communication standard.
Forbes. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Louis Vuitton launches its luxury bicycle line together with Maison Tamboite
Two French brands have come together to create an exclusive product that can even have your initials engraved on it.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- NYPD drops charges against teen thought to be part of BMW bicycle gang attack
The teen claimed that police ignored his alibi despite showing them evidence.
Fox News. Saturday, 2 Jan 2021.
- Serial 1 review: Is Harley-Davidson's electric bicycle any good?
While certainly demanding a premium price, all three of the Rush models are excellent choices for commuter e-bikes. However, it's the Mosh that really
Pocket Lint. Friday, 1 Jan 2021.
- Moment penny-farthing rider smashes into delivery van on north London street
Footage shared widely on social media yesterday shows a man on a modern version of the distinctive Victorian bicycle
ploughing into a delivery van and crashing to the pavement.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 30 Dec 2020.
- The black soldiers who risked their lives and only got a bicycle in return
In south Johannesburg, the streets are full of people on the move at Christmas time.
Sky News. Sunday, 27 Dec 2020.
- Bicycling Surges in Manila Amid Covid-19 Lockdowns
City dwellers around the world turned to bicycles
as the pandemic forced urban areas to restrict public transit. In the crowded Philippine capital, that meant weaving through notoriously bad traffic.
New York Times. Sunday, 13 Dec 2020.
- DoorDash founders reap billions in IPO. Dashers? Not much
Lawmaker decries IPO as example of rich getting richer "on the backs and bicycles
of the working and immigrant poor."
CBS News. Friday, 11 Dec 2020.
- Will Santa have enough bikes for Christmas Day?
Millions of bicycles
were sold this year, with fears there won't be enough for the festive period.
BBC News. Thursday, 3 Dec 2020.
- Step Into a Surrealist World Populated by Horse-Shaped Lamps and Bicycle Tables
An exhibition in Madrid traces the enduring connection between Surrealism and design
Smithsonian. Monday, 16 Nov 2020.
- Fraudsters 'targeting Christmas online shoppers'
Buyers of games consoles, bicycles
and clothing may be at a higher risk of encountering a scam, banks say.
BBC News. Saturday, 14 Nov 2020.
- New findings for viral research on bicycle crashes at railroad crossings
A new path design for bicycles
at a railway crossings cuts bike crashes. ...
Science Daily. Saturday, 7 Nov 2020.
- Harley-Davidson launching new company for retro bike
Harley-Davidson is starting a new e-bicycle company called Serial 1 Cycles that will launch with a retro-style model in Spring 2021. The battery-powered bike draws inspiration from Harley-Davidson's first motorcycle built in 1903.
Fox News. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Harley-Davidson Announces New Electric Bicycle Brand
Many auto companies are making the move to an electric future. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries