This Battery news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about battery and batteries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- OnePlus 7T vs. 7T Pro vs. McLaren edition: Confused? These are the main differences - CNET
We break down the differences in specs, cameras and batteries
of OnePlus's 7T line of phones.
CNET. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- Joule Case Brings Battery Power To The Festival Circuit
Joule Case, a startup based in Seattle, is helping music festivals transition from loud, noxious diesel generators to quiet, battery-based generators powered by renewable energy.
Forbes. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Kia Soul EV (2020) review: Back with more battery
The Kia Soul EV emerges as a practical electric car with fewer caveats than some of the options out there, offering that crossover style and
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Tesla to slash 75% of staff at Nevada factory due to coronavirus
Tesla plans to cut on-site staff at its Nevada battery
plant by around 75% due to the coronavirus pandemic, the local county manager said.
CNBC. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- A new battery chemistry promises safer high-voltage lithium-ion batteries
For the first time, researchers who explore the physical and chemical properties of electrical energy storage have found a new way to improve lithium-ion batteries
Science Daily. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- Best power banks 2020: Top power packs for phones and USB-C laptops
In an ideal world, it's fair to say, there's no place for battery
packs. Our smartphones should inarguably be doing better on the power front. Yet the
Pocket Lint. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- Neural networks facilitate optimization in the search for new materials
Sorting through millions of possibilities, a search for battery
materials delivered results in five weeks instead of 50 years.
Science Daily. Thursday, 26 Mar 2020.
- Toilet roll sales soar by nearly 1,000% on Amazon
Sales for a specific 27-pack of 1,000-sheet toilet paper were up 944% on Amazon and sales of goods like cereal, aspirin, and batteries
doubled compared to a year ago.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 17 Mar 2020.
- These new batteries technologies could be the future of energy storage
The price for lithium ion batteries, the leading energy storage technology, has remained too high. Researchers are exploring renewables like wind and solar to compete with fossil fuels.
CNBC. Saturday, 14 Mar 2020.
- Rockets Target Iraqi Base Housing Coalition Troops
Security officials say a battery
of rockets has hit an Iraqi base where U.S.-led coalition forces are located.
Voice of America. Saturday, 14 Mar 2020.
- Attenborough backs calls for halt to deep sea mining over wildlife risks
A report by Fauna and Flora International (FFI) calls for a moratorium on moves to mine the deep sea for minerals used in mobile phones and electric car batteries
Daily Mail. Thursday, 12 Mar 2020.
- Bacon saved after pedometer-eating pig's poo starts farm fire
Firefighters said they "saved the bacon" after a battery
in the pedometer ignited in a pigpen.
BBC News. Sunday, 8 Mar 2020.
- GM Develops Lower Cost Ultium Lithium-Ion Batteries To Power New Electric Vehicle Line
The new battery
dramatically cuts the amount of cobalt and will be used in its upcoming lineup of EVs launching from 2021
Forbes. Wednesday, 4 Mar 2020.
- Energy firm Aggreko shifting towards solar and battery power
The energy firm is responding to pressure from customers to cut carbon emissions.
BBC News. Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020.
- Apple will pay up to $500 million to settle iPhone lawsuit
Affected customers can file a claim after the company admitted slowing older iPhones to extend their battery
CBS News. Tuesday, 3 Mar 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries