This Battery news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about battery and batteries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sunrun to Acquire Vivint in Shake-Up of Home Solar Market
Sunrun is acquiring Vivint in an all-stock deal, valued at $3.2 billion, leaving Tesla further behind as a provider of residential solar panels and batteries
New York Times. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Man, 34, 'shoots wife's lover, 51, after catching them in bed'
Robert Beck, from Indiana, has been charged with aggravated battery
for allegedly shooting Brian Eccles in the chest after finding the older man in bed with his newly estranged wife.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Jeffrey Epstein accuser Alicia Arden demands investigation into her 1997 report of sexual battery
Days after the arrest of Ghislaine Maxwell, actress Alicia Arden is asking police in California why they seemingly ignored her claims of sexual battery
at the hands of Jeffrey Epstein in 1997.
Fox News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- VIDEO: Woman declares 'I believe in white power,' charged after dispute in McHenry Home Depot for not wearing mask
A McHenry woman has been charged with battery
after she became violent and made racist statements at a Home Depot when a fellow shopper asked her to put on a face mask.
ABC News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- New room-temperature liquid-metal battery could be the path to powering the future
Researchers have created a new liquid battery
with components that can remain molten at room temperature. Other liquid batteries
must be kept at 240 degrees Celsius for their components to stay molten.
Science Daily. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Chrome's next big update could boost laptops' battery life by 2 hours
Take a sample across any slice of professionals that use Chrome extensively (and we'll very much add the Pocket-lint team to that list) and you'll often
Pocket Lint. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- HP Spectre 13 x360 review: Slim and light superstar
A very small footprint and 4K OLED panel makes it a star - both indoors and outside. However, pure power and battery
credentials aren't as impressive
Pocket Lint. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Tesla To Source Additional Batteries From LG Chem
As demand for Tesla's vehicles and other products grow, the automaker needs more batteries
Yahoo. Saturday, 4 Jul 2020.
- Man, 72, arrested for pushing 86-year-old out of elevator saying he did it to protect against virus
Nachem Gross, 72, faces charges of aggravated battery
of an elderly person after footage showed him shoving Gerald Steiglitz, 86, out of an elevator in the Portofino Tower condominium.
Daily Mail. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Tesla battery cooling system is subject of federal safety probe
Internal emails show Tesla knew of defects that could cause leaks and fires in 2012.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Fort Lauderdale officer caught on camera shoving kneeling protesters faces battery charge
A Florida police officer was charged with battery
Tuesday after he was captured on video pushing a woman kneeling during a protest in Fort Lauderdale in late May following the death of George Floyd.
Fox News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Tesla's Autobidder Platform Is One Example Of A New Energy Future
Tesla manufactures a wide range of hardware and distributed energy resources (DER) from EVs and battery
packs (residential and utility-scale) to solar roofs.
Forbes. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Watch live: Second spacewalk in a row to upgrade station
Spacewalking astronauts are picking up where they left off, with another round of space station battery
CBS News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Astronauts perform spacewalk to swap station batteries
Astronauts performed their second spacewalk in under a week Wednesday to replace old batteries
outside the International Space Station. Commander Chris Cassidy and Bob Behnken quickly tackled the big, boxy batteries
Yahoo. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Tesla and the science behind the next-generation, lower-cost, 'million-mile' electric-car battery
Elon Musk is often referred to as the real-life Tony Stark, aka Iron Man, and in the new quest to engineer an electric vehicle battery
that lasts up to 1 million miles, iron may play the role of hero.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries