This Battery news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about battery and batteries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Why Vanadium Flow Batteries May Be The Future Of Utility-Scale Energy Storage
Recently the California Energy Commission awarded funding to Invinity Energy Systems to stimulate the availability of long-duration, non-lithium energy storage. ...
Forbes. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- Charging electric cars up to 90% in 6 minutes
POSTECH Professor Byoungwoo Kang's research team uncovers a new Li-ion battery
electrode material that can achieve high-energy density and high power capability per volume without reducing particle size.
Science Daily. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Xiaomi's wireless charger 'can fully charge a phone in 19 minutes'
'80W Mi Wireless Charging Technology' can fill a 4,000 mAh battery
to 10 per cent capacity in one minute, 50 per cent in eight minutes and 100 per cent in 19 minutes.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Outside Of Tesla, China Might Be Dominant Force In Global EV Market
Elon Musk is the only man making car batteries
that will power the growing EV fleet. The rest are in Asia. China rising.
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Apple iPhone 12 battery life drains 20% faster when it is on the 5G network than on 4G, study finds
A study put Apple's iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro to the test to see how long the battery
lasts using the 5G network. Both batteries
drained 20 percent faster on 5G than when running on the 4G network.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Acer Chromebook Spin 513 initial review: Qualcomm 7c finds a sensible home
The introduction of Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c here assures battery
longevity, the option of 4G on-the-go connectivity, and no limit to Chrome OS'
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- China's BYD, Japan's Hino announce electric truck venture
BEIJING (AP) - Chinese electric car brand BYD Auto and Japanese truck maker Hino Motors said Wednesday they are jointly setting up a company to develop battery-powered trucks and buses. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Ultimate Ears Hyperboom review: Big, bold and bassy
The biggest Ultimate Ears speaker to date is still just about portable, while delivering massive sonics, bags of bass and a decent battery
Pocket Lint. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Apple failed to market the iPhone 12 Pro to the average consumer, analysts say
Deutsche Bank analysts said the company failed to show any difference between the new iPhone models' processors, battery
life or screen technology.
CNBC. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Want to Tap the EV Frenzy? 7 Plausible Ways at a Glance
Think beyond Tesla when it comes to e-mobility. Tap the booming EV market with bargain auto stocks, lithium players, battery
makers, SPACs, EV ETFs, and semiconductor & auto power parts stocks.
Zacks. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Making disorder for an ideal battery
The lithium batteries
that power our electronic devices and electric vehicles have a number of drawbacks. The electrolyte is a flammable liquid and the lithium they're made of is a limited resource. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- Feared-missing Pondexter arrested for battery
Cappie Pondexter, who was named as one of the WNBA's 15 best players of all time during the league's 15th anniversary in 2011, was arrested Tuesday on a battery
charge and released Thursday.
ESPN. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- Ex-WNBA star Cappie Pondexter arrested in Los Angeles, found safe after reportedly vanishing
Former WNBA star Cappie Pondexter was arrested on Tuesday in Los Angeles on suspicion of battery, according to police.
Fox News. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Musk says Tesla to use new batteries, tech at Berlin factory; flags production risk
The U.S. electric carmaker plans to manufacture a new version of its Model Y crossover vehicle, and possibly even battery
cells at the site. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- PG&E Installs Its First Tesla Megapacks
Back in July, PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG) announced it was working with Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) on the installation of a massive 182.5MW, 730MWh battery
storage facility. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries