This Basketball news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about basketball news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- USC to play Cal as scheduled after false-positive coronavirus test
USC men's basketball
will play Cal on Saturday as scheduled after its game Thursday against Stanford was postponed because of coronavirus issues.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Longtime Fort Worth Dunbar Basketball Coach Honored in Stop Six Neighborhood
Fort Worth Housing Solutions says they plan to name a mixed-income multifamily development in Stop Six after longtime Dunbar High School basketball
coach Robert Hughes Sr.
NBC. Thursday, Jan 21 2021.
- USC-Stanford game postponed because of COVID-19 issues with Trojans
The scheduled game between the USC men's basketball
team and Stanford was postponed on Thursday because of suspected COVID-19 issues within USC's program.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- 2021 NBA Draft Big Board: Top 60 Prospect Rankings
We're about halfway through the college basketball
season, so it's time to really start gearing up for the NBA Draft.
Forbes. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- No. 3 Villanova edges Seton Hall in return from 27-day break
Stuck in medical isolation, Villanova filled its schedule with YouTube videos, FaceTime calls and video games to stay connected. The Wildcats had to create their own entertainment with basketball
Fox News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Auriemma passes Summitt for 2nd on wins list
UConn coach Geno Auriemma moved past the late Pat Summitt as the Huskies delivered his 1,099th career win Tuesday night. Only Stanford's Tara VanDerveer has more Division I women's basketball
victories, with 1,105.
ESPN. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Fantasy basketball waiver-wire finds: Goran Dragic, Shake Milton among key pickups
Here are all of the top free agents available in most leagues, broken down by position -- including several helpful point guards like Dragic and Milton.
ESPN. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Nebraska Postpones 2 More Basketball Games, Fred Hoiberg Tests Positive For Coronavirus
It's not a good situation
Daily Caller. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
- Coronavirus issues were 'inevitable,' Wizards general manager says
The Washington Wizards have not played a basketball
game since Jan. 11 as the team deals with coronavirus issues and at least six players have contracted the illness.
Fox News. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
- The Indiana Pacers Have Traded Victor Oladipo For Caris LeVert, Ushering In A New Chapter Of Pacers Basketball
The Indiana Pacers are dealing two-time All-Star Victor Oladipo to the Houston Rockets.
Forbes. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- One Basketball Might Not Be Enough for the New-Look Nets
With James Harden, the Nets now have an elite trio of ball-dominant playmakers. Yet there are key differences in how Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving thrive that could allow this grand experiment to work.
New York Times. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Kansas City needs a billionaire to get an NBA team or it'll go to Las Vegas
Kansas City wants the National Basketball
Association to consider it in any possible expansion, but the city faces obstacles to surpass Las Vegas.
CNBC. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- With James Harden trade, Brooklyn Nets get another brand booster
The Brooklyn Nets' addition of James Harden could help the team continue to take over the New York City basketball
scene and outdo the Knicks.
CNBC. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Pandemic Victories for College Sports Have All Come With Caveats
And the problems made clear in staging a football season now shift to a basketball
season that is looking toward a complicated March.
New York Times. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- SiriusXM (SIRI) and NBA Extend Deal to Offer Live-Game Audio
SiriusXM (SIRI) and the National Basketball
Association (NBA) extend agreement to provide live audio broadcasts to SiriusXM Premier Streaming Package subscribers for every NBA game.
Zacks. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries