This Basketball news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about basketball news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Source: Duke, Lawson talk women's hoops job
Celtics assistant coach and former WNBA All-Star Kara Lawson has become the leading candidate to replace Joanne P. McCallie as Duke women's basketball
coach, a source told ESPN.
ESPN. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- What will the Ivy League's fall sports decision mean for college football?
The Ivies were first when it came to basketball
in March. Are they about to set another trend?
ESPN. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Elliott: Stan Johnson hopes to put LMU basketball on map with a long stay in L.A.
Stan Johnson took over the Loyola Marymount men's basketball
program during a pandemic. He faced much larger odds for success in his life.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- How TopConnect Is Using Virtual Contact To Make Hoop Dreams A Reality For College Coaches
A long-established seminar for aspiring college basketball
head coaches could be simulating the way job interviews will be done in the near future.
Forbes. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Ex-Basketball Player Suggests New Choices For NBA Jerseys
Ex Team Canada basketball
player Braeden Anderson, now a New York banking attorney, is preaching a tactful response for black Americans, including NBA players, in order to combat racism in the United States.
Forbes. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Former Penn State basketball player transferred after coach made 'noose' comment
Former Penn State basketball
player Rasir Bolton transferred to Iowa State after his freshman year because his former head coach Patrick Chambers referenced "a noose around my neck" during a meeting between the two of them.
Fox News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- 247Sports Ranks Wisconsin 9th In Latest Basketball Rankings
We're going to ball out this year
Daily Caller. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Socially-distancing crowd pleasers: Exploring the future of fun
Drive-in concerts? Basketball
without fans? From music to movies to sports, the pandemic is forcing dramatic changes in how large-venue entertainment events are held
CBS News. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Five-star basketball prospect Makur Maker commits to Howard over UCLA
Center Makur Maker, a five-star prospect, says he will attend Howard University, a historically Black college in Washington, after considering UCLA.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Makur Maker, star college basketball prospect, chooses HBCU over top programs
Makur Maker, a five-star rated college basketball
prospect, could have gone to almost any school but on Friday he announced he had turned down those colleges in favor of Howard University.
Fox News. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- As Pro Sports Resume, Penn National Gaming Is a Safe Bet
If you can ignore the humidity and 90-degree temperatures, you can almost convince yourself it's March and not July. Spring training baseball is restarting and professional basketball
and hockey playoffs are around the corner. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Trio of former UConn greats leading social justice charge
NEW YORK (AP) - Renee Montgomery and Tiffany Hayes appreciated what former UConn teammate Maya Moore was doing when the All-Star forward stepped away from basketball
two years ago to focus on criminal justice reform. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Jonathan Irons, Helped by W.N.B.A. Star Maya Moore, Freed From Prison
The W.N.B.A. star took time away from basketball
to help Irons overturn his conviction.
New York Times. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Noah Donohoe: Teenager was a gifted young man 'loved by everyone'
The teenager's former basketball
coach pays tribute to the gifted musician and athlete.
BBC News. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Inside the NBA's plan to make money and engage fans in the Disney 'bubble'
The National Basketball
Association said it plans to use video board to engage fans at its Walt Disney World bubble used to resume its season suspended by Covid-19.
CNBC. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries