This Baseball news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about baseball news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- MLB Power Rankings: An AL showdown for the No. 1 spot
There's been a clear No. 1 for the majority of the season -- but there might be a new face vying for the title of best team in baseball
ESPN. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Baseball Trade Talk Starts To Heat Up As August 1 Deadline Draws Closer
With the 2023 baseball
season past the one-third mark, teams are looking to trades to boost their playoff chances.
Forbes. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- KU-UH hoops, bowl plans key B12 Mexico launch
"Big 12 Mexico" hopes to expand the conference's footprint with basketball, soccer and baseball
games in the country, as well as plans for a football bowl game.
ESPN. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Air quality in NYC could gradually improve Friday as U.S. chips in to fight Canada wildfires
Hazy conditions from wildfires in Canada have spurred flight delays and Major League Baseball
game postponements and prompted people to hunker down.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Hollywood star Eva Longoria puts Sunak to shame, throwing the first pitch at the Texas Rangers game
Hollywood actress Eva Longoria was able to do what Prime Minister Rishi Sunak shied away from by throwing out the first pitch at a baseball
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Sports events cancelled and New York to give away 1 million face masks as Canadian wildfire smoke smothers cities
Thousands of flights have been delayed and baseball
games postponed across the US east coast as smoke from Canadian wildfires continues to drift south, covering cities in a yellowy-brown haze.
Sky News. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Rishi Sunak ducks an invitation to throw the first pitch at a baseball game in Washington DC
Despite being a keen cricketer, the Prime Minister instead watched the Washington Nationals take on the Arizona Diamondbacks from the sidelines.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Yankees Game Postponed Because of Smoke From Wildfires
A night after having teams play through adverse conditions, Major League Baseball
pulled the plug on two games. A W.N.B.A. game in Brooklyn was also postponed.
New York Times. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Agoura High's Jonny DeLuca is poised to complete journey from Dodgers fan to starter
Many were skeptical Jonny DeLuca would one day play major league baseball
. The outfielder is set to make his debut with the Dodgers on Wednesday.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Philadelphia Phillies Stake Sold At Roughly $2.8 Billion Valuation
Despite the upheaval with the regional sports networks that televise Major League Baseball, the value of at least some teams continues to increase.
Forbes. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- Dodgers' bullpen is a statistical mess. Here's what's working and what isn't
Their high-leverage relievers have mostly been effective, but as a group the Dodgers' bullpen has some of the worst numbers in Major League Baseball
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Electronic Arts (EA) Launches Super Mega Baseball 4 Worldwide
Electronic Arts (EA) announces the worldwide launch of the latest installment of Super Mega Baseball
Zacks. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Las Vegas ballpark pitch revives debate over public funding for sports stadiums
Gov. Joe Lombardo wants to help build Major League Baseball's smallest ballpark, arguing that the worst team in baseball
can boost Las Vegas, a city striving to call itself a sports mecca.
Washington Times. Sunday, 4 Jun 2023.
- MLB Legend Steve Garvey Considers Jumping Into Senate Race
'I had contemplated when I retired from baseball, but thing always got in the way'
Daily Caller. Friday, 2 Jun 2023.
- Baseball legend Steve Garvey eyes GOP Senate bid in California
You'd have to go back a generation - to 1988 - to find the last time a Republican candidate won a U.S. Senate race in heavily Democratic California. This time, the party might get an MVP on the ballot.
Washington Times. Thursday, 1 Jun 2023.
News Headlines and News Summaries