This Bankruptcy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about bankruptcy and bankrupt news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How CyberActive Saved Dozens Of Companies From Bankruptcy During The Covid-19 Pandemic
Sharon Ourian's CyberActive has been offering state-certified online drivers education courses for 20 years. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- How Do Career Disruptions Affect Elite White-Collar Workers?
New research from UC Berkeley, Haas School of Business explores the resilience of bank employees in the wake of the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- States, cities that expected to go bankrupt from pandemic now seeing cash surplus
In Alexandria, proposals include investments in infrastructure, food assistance and a guaranteed basic income pilot program, giving $500 to about 150 families.
ABC News. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Miami security firm faces questions in Haiti assassination
For the owner of a small private security company with a history of avoiding paying debts and declaring bankruptcy, it looked like a good opportunity: Find people with military experience for a job in Haiti.
Fox News. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Disgraced former multimillionaire shipping tycoon arrested after demanding a free ferry ticket
Nobu Su, a 62-year-old Taiwanese shipping magnate, had been the boss of a hugely successful set of companies but had his assets frozen in 2014 and later declared bankrupt
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- Senate Majority Leader Schumer wants NRA investigated for bankruptcy fraud
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer says the financially stable gun-rights group abused the system when it sought bankruptcy
ABC News. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Chuck Schumer calls on DOJ to probe NRA for bankruptcy fraud
NEW YORK – Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer on Sunday called on the Justice Department to investigate the National Rifle Association for bankruptcy
Washington Times. Sunday, 11 Jul 2021.
- 15 States Reach a Deal With Purdue Pharma Over Opioids
The states, including Massachusetts and New York, agreed to drop opposition to the bankruptcy
organization plan of the company, the maker of OxyContin.
New York Times. Saturday, 10 Jul 2021.
- Here's Why You Should Hold On To Kimco (KIM) Stock for Now
While the focus on grocery-anchored centers and a solid balance sheet will aid Kimco (KIM), store closures and tenant bankruptcy
remain near-term headwinds.
Zacks. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Purdue signs deal on opioid settlement with 15 states
Fifteen US states dropped their opposition to a bankruptcy
plan for the OxyContin-maker Purdue Pharma.
BBC News. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- More states OK OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma's bankruptcy plan
Fifteen more signed on, leaving only 9 and D.C. still objecting. That makes it more likely to be OK'd by the federal judge overseeing it.
CBS News. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- Fyre Festival ticketholders see their class-action payout slashed to just $280 each
Fyre Festival's bankruptcy
trustee, Gregory Messer, told a bankruptcy
judge that he's collected just $1.4 million, of which $1.1 million will go to attorneys and accountants, court documents say.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- Boy Scouts of America Reaches Agreement With Victims
Organization had sought bankruptcy
protection in February 2020, moving to halt hundreds of lawsuits and create a compensation fund for men who were molested as youngsters decades ago by scoutmasters or other leaders.
Voice of America. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- Hertz leaves bankruptcy, a year after the pandemic devastated the car rental business.
The company headed into the pandemic bloated with debt, but has benefited from surging prices both for rental cars and used vehicles.
New York Times. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- Historic Hearst Estate gets another price cut, now listing for $70M
court has been chopping the price of the estate ever since owner Leonard Ross filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
protection in 2019.
Inman. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
Bankruptcy Services News Headlines and News Summaries