This Bankruptcy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about bankruptcy and bankrupt news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Helping Out in My Mom's Hair Salon Taught Me the Secret to Resilience, Even When Declaring Bankruptcy
I grew up watching my mom run a small business, and I carry the lessons I learned from her to this day.
Entrepreneur. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Spinal surgeon's mission to rescue the Big Apple Circus
Things for the circus haven't been so great as of late. The Greatest Show on Earth, the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, was shut down after 146 years and last year, New York's Big Apple Circus filed for bankruptcy
CBS News. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Toys R Us files for bankruptcy
Toys R Us, the largest toy store chain in the U.S., filed for bankruptcy
protection. The Chapter 11 filing is among the largest ever by a specialty retailer. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Hertz endorses improved Knighthead bid in effort to exit bankruptcy
Car rental company Hertz Global Holdings on Tuesday backed a bid from Knighthead Capital Management to support its exit from bankruptcy
CNBC. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Life is Good almost filed for bankruptcy last year. Here's what CEO says saved the retailer
Life is Good was on the verge of filing for bankruptcy
protection last year, according to its CEO, but the retailer managed to overhaul its business strategy.
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- NRA's bankruptcy case 'deserves dismissal,' NYAG lawyer says in closing arguments
Closing arguments were held in a trial over the legitimacy of the NRA's bankruptcy
ABC News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Here's How Federal Realty (FRT) is Placed Ahead of Q1 Earnings
Federal Realty's (FRT) Q1 results likely to reflect adverse impact of industry headwinds, including store closures, bankruptcies and rent-collection woes, affecting occupancy levels and rental rates.
Zacks. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- HENRY DEEDES sees MPs vent their fury over the Post Office scandal
HENRY DEEDES: Bankruptcy
. Imprisonment. And, in some cases, suicide. The Post Office IT scandal, in which postmasters were falsely accused of stealing due to a dicky computer system.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- W. Galen Weston, Who Transformed a Family Food Empire, Dies at 80
Faced with the task of turning around a nearly bankrupt
supermarket chain, he made private-label merchandise fashionable.
New York Times. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Here's How Kimco (KIM) Is Placed Ahead of Q1 Earnings
Kimco's (KIM) Q1 results likely to reflect the benefits of having premium properties and grocery anchored centers despite secular industry headwinds, including store closures and bankruptcies.
Zacks. Monday, 26 Apr 2021.
- Syrian refugee faces bankruptcy over cladding on UK flat
Bassel lost his flat in the war in Syria and is now at risk of losing everything again, as a victim of flammable cladding.
BBC News. Sunday, 25 Apr 2021.
- Facing bankruptcy, NRA launches low-energy $2 million ad campaign against Biden
- COVID pushed Cirque du Soleil into bankruptcy. For a comeback, it bets big on Vegas
The company announces that it's emerging from the pandemic with a focus not on touring shows but on Las Vegas. SoCal visitors are key.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- OKC Thunder Must Find New Arena Naming Rights Partner As Chesapeake Energy Terminates Agreement
Chesapeake Energy Corporation filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
in June of 2020 before ultimately emerging in February of 2021 after financial restructuring and a plan to shed roughly $7.8 billion in debt.
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- The Hartford agrees to pay $650M in Boy Scouts bankruptcy
DOVER, Del. (AP) - Insurance company The Hartford has agreed to pay $650 million into a proposed trust fund for victims of child sexual abuse as part of the Boy Scouts of America bankruptcy
Washington Times. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
Bankruptcy Services News Headlines and News Summaries