This Bankruptcy news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about bankruptcy and bankrupt news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- MediaNews offers to buy Reading Eagle out of bankruptcy
A news media company with a history of taking over struggling newspapers and then cutting jobs has offered to buy the Reading Eagle out of bankruptcy
ABC News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- People should be able to get health care without going bankrupt, GoodRx co-CEO says
Most Americans could go bankrupt if their health insurance won't cover high pharmaceutical prices, co-CEO Doug Hirsch says.
CNBC. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Harvey Weinstein's former film studio plans to liquidate in bankruptcy
The film studio once run by Harvey Weinstein said it plans to liquidate in bankruptcy, as it tries to resolve civil lawsuits against former directors and officers arising from sexual misconduct claims against the onetime Hollywood mogul.
Reuters. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Bid deadline nears for Reading Eagle newspaper
READING, Pa. (AP) - A bid deadline is nearing for the Reading Eagle newspaper, whose owners recently filed for bankruptcy protection. The family-owned paper has been seeking a buyer. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Children's Place (PLCE) to Report Q1 Earnings: What Awaits?
Unforeseen challenge owing to the bankruptcy of rival, Gymboree, and a late Easter are likely to hurt Children's Place's (PLCE) fiscal Q1 results.
Zacks. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Elizabeth Warren: Cancel Student Loans In Bankruptcy
Can you discharge student loans in bankruptcy?
Forbes. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Sioux Falls' Empire Mall overwhelmed by retail bankruptcies
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) - The Empire Mall in Sioux Falls is feeling the impact of mass closures and bankruptcies in the retail industry, but the mall's owner remains upbeat. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- Joe Bastardi: Green New Deal is a recipe for economic disaster that would hurt every American
The Green New Deal is based on fantasy and would bankrupt our nation and tax the American people at impossible levels -- all for minimal benefit on climate change.
Fox News. Saturday, 11 May 2019.
- Insys says it may be forced to file for bankruptcy due to litigation cash crunch
Insys Therapeutics Inc said on Friday that a cash crunch resulting from legal costs related to a U.S. ...
Reuters. Saturday, 11 May 2019.
- UPDATE 1-Weatherford to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
Oilfield services provider Weatherford International Plc, burdened by a heavy debt load and years of losses, said on Friday it would file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Professor Moneybags Dominic Shellard shows why such institutions are on the brink of bankruptcy
Former University Vice-Chancellor Dominic Shellard, 53, is facing allegations that his career at De Montfort University (DMU) in Leicester has been far from saintly.
Daily Mail. Monday, 6 May 2019.
- PG&E unable to strike deal over renewable power contracts: court documents
The matter will now be decided by the judge overseeing PG&E's bankruptcy "in the coming weeks," according to the documents filed in U.S. Bankruptcy Court on Friday. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 3 May 2019.
- US lawmakers review control board's role in Puerto Rico
U.S. lawmakers are reviewing the work of a federal control board created by Congress to oversee Puerto Rico's finances amid complaints that it is ineffective and has cost the bankrupt U.S. ...
ABC News. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- What's in the Cards for Tanger (SKT) This Earnings Season?
Despite Tanger Factory Outlet's (SKT) focus on improving portfolio and tenant mix, its Q1 results might be affected by store closures, bankruptcies and lease modifications.
Zacks. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- Couples' shock as Comlongon Castle wedding venue shuts
Comlongon Castle in Dumfries and Galloway has closed as the owners apply for bankruptcy.
BBC News. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
Business owner with bankruptcy problems
Related Directory Page(s)
Bankruptcy Services News Headlines and News Summaries