This Bankruptcy news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about bankruptcy and bankrupt news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sears pins its future on small stores selling appliances, mattresses. Here's what that looks like
Sears opens its first Home & Life stores and plans to open more as it looks for a fresh start after bankruptcy.
CNBC. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- AOC, Warren Press Mnuchin for Answers on Sears Bankruptcy
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is facing strict scrutiny from Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., over his time on the board of Sears, which recently filed for bankruptcy.
Newsmax. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Elizabeth Warren and AOC target Treasury Secretary Mnuchin over Sears bankruptcy
In a four-page letter sent Thursday morning, Warren and Ocasio-Cortez asked Mnuchin a series of questions about his advisory role in former Sears CEO Eddie Lampert's decisions.
CNBC. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Bankruptcy judge approves $105M PG&E fund to help wildfire survivors
A federal judge on Wednesday approved a plan for Pacific Gas & Electric Corp. to establish a $105 million relief fund to assist survivors of recent California wildfires caused by its power lines.
Fox News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Bankruptcy judge approves sale of Reading Eagle to chain
A federal judge says he intends to approval the sale of the bankrupt Reading Eagle to a company known for taking over struggling newspapers and then cutting jobs
ABC News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- UK government promises to do utmost to help British Steel
U.K. union leaders are set to lay out their concerns to the government amid reports that British Steel is facing bankruptcy within days
ABC News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Jamie Oliver's restaurant chain collapses, risking 1,300 jobs
The celebrity chef's company said its 23 restaurants have gone into administration, a form of bankruptcy protection
CBS News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- UK unions to discuss troubled British Steel with government
LONDON (AP) - U.K. union leaders are set to lay out their concerns to the government amid reports that British Steel is facing bankruptcy within days. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Harvey Weinstein's former film studio plans to liquidate in bankruptcy
The film studio once run by Harvey Weinstein said it plans to liquidate in bankruptcy, as it tries to resolve civil lawsuits against former directors and officers arising from sexual misconduct claims against the onetime Hollywood mogul.
Reuters. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Bid deadline nears for Reading Eagle newspaper
READING, Pa. (AP) - A bid deadline is nearing for the Reading Eagle newspaper, whose owners recently filed for bankruptcy protection. The family-owned paper has been seeking a buyer. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Children's Place (PLCE) to Report Q1 Earnings: What Awaits?
Unforeseen challenge owing to the bankruptcy of rival, Gymboree, and a late Easter are likely to hurt Children's Place's (PLCE) fiscal Q1 results.
Zacks. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Elizabeth Warren: Cancel Student Loans In Bankruptcy
Can you discharge student loans in bankruptcy?
Forbes. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Joe Bastardi: Green New Deal is a recipe for economic disaster that would hurt every American
The Green New Deal is based on fantasy and would bankrupt our nation and tax the American people at impossible levels -- all for minimal benefit on climate change.
Fox News. Saturday, 11 May 2019.
- Insys says it may be forced to file for bankruptcy due to litigation cash crunch
Insys Therapeutics Inc said on Friday that a cash crunch resulting from legal costs related to a U.S. ...
Reuters. Saturday, 11 May 2019.
- UPDATE 1-Weatherford to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
Oilfield services provider Weatherford International Plc, burdened by a heavy debt load and years of losses, said on Friday it would file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 10 May 2019.
Business owner with bankruptcy problems
Related Directory Page(s)
Bankruptcy Services News Headlines and News Summaries