This Bankruptcy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about bankruptcy and bankrupt news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Rocco Forte tells Matt Hancock to quit for his 'shambolic' coronavirus strategy
Sir Rocco Forte demands that the Health Secretary should pay with his job for championing misguided lockdown policies now driving the hospitality sector into bankruptcy
Daily Mail. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- Boris Becker 'failed to hand over trophies to settle his debts'
The 52-year-old German national, who was declared bankrupt
in June 2017, is accused of not complying with obligations to disclose information.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- When Bankruptcy (Again) May Make Sense For Some US Airlines
Airlines will be able to assess Summer 2021 travel beginning in the Spring. If they foresee another very weak season, some will likely use bankruptcy
protection to make more aggressive moves with their fleet and debt.
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- J.C. Penney hopes to emerge from bankruptcy by Christmas
Plan in works for Simon Property Group to buy beleaguered clothing retailer, according to company officials.
CBS News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Boris Johnson blames London mayor for TfL 'bankruptcy' before Covid-19
Sadiq Khan has responded to Boris Johnson's allegation by calling the prime minister "a liar".
BBC News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Khan accuses PM of lying to MPs amid bitter TfL bailout row
Sadiq Khan has accused Boris Johnson of lying to MPs after he claimed the capital's mayor had "effectively bankrupted" Transport for London.
Sky News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Editorial: California failed the communities around Exide. This cannot happen again
court let Exide walk away from its toxic contamination. California leaders cannot let this happen again.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- AMC warns bankruptcy is on the table as cash runs low
AMC has agreed to sell as many as 15 million shares of its stock, but equity in the company could soon be worthless if the largest theater chain in the world files for bankruptcy
CNBC. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- JCPenney CEO says company expects to exit Chapter 11 ahead of holiday season
process has added uncertainty as the retailer prepares for the holidays and tries to send a clear message about its future to vendors.
CNBC. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- AMC Shares Plummet 13% As It Attempts To Raise More Cash To Avoid Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
Barring a swift reversal of fortune for the embattled theater industry, AMC is forecasting its cash will be "largely depleted" as soon as the end of this year if it doesn't raise more cash through a stock offering.
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Column: The Exide fiasco shows how companies get away with poisoning the environment
How government inaction and pro-business bankruptcy
law enabled Exide to evade the cost of its environmental disaster
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Theater chain AMC warns that it's running out cash
Many small and midsize cinemas could go bankrupt
without government aid, according to industry groups.
CBS News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Adam Schiff rips 'morally bankrupt' Donald Trump for holding another White House 'super-spreader'
Rep. Adam B. Schiff blasted "morally bankrupt" President Trump for holding a public event at the White House on Saturday barely a week since disclosing he was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Energy Sector Update: Bankruptcies Beleaguer Shale Producers
Of late, Oasis Petroleum (OAS) files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
protection after coronavirus-induced oil price crash dried up the available capital in the energy industry.
Zacks. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Ruby Tuesday, hit by COVID-19 closures, files for bankruptcy
It's not goodbye but rather an "opportunity to reposition the company for long-term stability as we recover from the unprecedented impact of COVID-19."
ABC News. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
Bankruptcy Services News Headlines and News Summaries