This Bankruptcy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about bankruptcy and bankrupt news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- OneWeb sale to UK-Bharti group gets court approval
A New York court hearing accepts the plan to pull the OneWeb satellite company out of bankruptcy
Yahoo. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Ghost town Britain: We're on the brink of bankruptcy - and only a return to work can save us
The Aldwych in the West End, London's Victoria Station and Leadenhall Market - sites usually packed with people on a typical day - are seen deserted amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Britain Gambles on a Bankrupt Satellite Operator, OneWeb
Pushed by Brexit, the U.K. government will have a platform to expand into the space business.
New York Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- How OneWeb's $1 billion bankruptcy rescue changes the competitive landscape for Elon Musk's Starlink
Satellite internet company OneWeb is back in the space broadband race against SpaceX's Starlink network.
CNBC. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Hedge Funds Duel in Bankruptcy Court Over McClatchy Newspapers
Alden Global Capital faced off against a pair of rivals trying to win the publisher of The Sacramento Bee and more than two dozen other papers.
New York Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus US: Sur La Table files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
The Seattle-based company announced the news Wednesday- less than a month after it permanently laid off 20 percent of its workforce.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Top 8 Things You Should Know As A Creditor In Bankruptcy
While the first three are grabbing all of the headlines, there is a greater likelihood that your company has done business with one of the 500 smaller companies that have filed for reorganization.
Forbes. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Brooks Brothers to see how bankruptcy suits it
The 202-year-old men's clothier, slow to attract younger customers, finally pushed into bankruptcy
court by pandemic.
CBS News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Brooks Brothers, worn by Lincoln and Kennedy, files for bankruptcy
Brooks Brothers will permanently close more than a quarter of its 200 stores.
ABC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Brooks Brothers, Ann Taylor parent file for bankruptcy
Brooks Brothers and Ann Taylor parent Ascena Retail joined a growing list of retailers filing for bankruptcy
as the coronavirus continues to put pressure on brick and mortar stores. The Final Round panel breaks down the details.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Storied apparel brand Brooks Brothers files for bankruptcy as it seeks a buyer and closes dozens of stores
The 202-year-old retailer has dressed U.S. presidents and countless investment bankers.
CNBC. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Brooks Brothers Files For Bankruptcy After 202 Years Of Business
It's credited with dressing 40 U.S. presidents
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Brooks Brothers seeks bankruptcy protection amid pandemic
Founded more than 200 years ago, the business clothier is the latest US retailer hit by the pandemic.
BBC News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Yemen: UK to resume Saudi arms sales after humanitarian review
Campaigners say the move is "morally bankrupt" after ministers find "isolated" humanitarian violations.
BBC News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Will U.S. Bankruptcy Rise Further Amid Coronavirus Concerns?
Given the coronavirus pandemic and resulting uncertainties and economic slowdown, many U.S. companies are filing for chapter 11 bankruptcy
Zacks. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
Bankruptcy Services News Headlines and News Summaries