This Banking news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about banking and banker news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- China's top banking regulator: Any yuan bears will suffer 'heavy losses'
China's banking and insurance regulator on Saturday said it did not expect a persistent decline in the yuan and warned speculative short sellers they would suffer "heavy losses" if they bet against the currency.
CNBC. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Why Should You Hold Centene (CNC) in Your Portfolio Now?
Banking on a robust revenues and strategic initiatives, Centene (CNC) has immense potential to reap benefits for investors.
Zacks. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- US Rate Hikes Raise Risk of Crises Abroad, Fed Resarch Shows
When the Federal Reserve sneezes, the rest of the world really does catch a cold.U.S. monetary-policy tightening significantly raises the chances of a banking crisis in a country that has direct U.S. ...
Newsmax. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Ex-bank CEO Stephen Calk charged with trying to trade loans for Trump post
A banker who prosecutors say tried to buy himself a senior post in President Trump's administration by making risky loans to former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort was arrested Thursday on a financial institution bribery charge. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Stephen Calk, Chicago banker, indicted on bribery charge connected to Paul Manafort loans
A Chicago banker who approved $16 million in loans to Paul Manafort in exchange for a post in the Trump administration was indicted on a bribery charge Thursday. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Feds Say Chicago Banker Loaned Manafort Money In Hopes Of Trump Administration Job
A grand jury in New York City returned an indictment against Stephen Calk, who made $16 million in loans to Paul Manafort allegedly with the hope of a Cabinet post or diplomatic appointment.
NPR. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Banker charged with lending millions to Paul Manafort in exchange for Trump job
Prosecutors say banker Stephen Calk loaned Manafort as much as $16 million in exchange for help in a failed bid to be appointed Army secretary.
CNBC. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Bank CEO Charged With Trying to Trade Loans for Trump Administration Post
Federal prosecutors have charged a banker with trying to buy himself a role in President Donald Trump's administration by making risky loans to former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.Stephen M. ...
Newsmax. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Compass poaches entire 22-person Coldwell Banker team
Los Angeles-based WSA Real Estate operates in the tony western half of Los Angeles. Team members are now decamping for Compass, which is not acquiring the entity itself.
Inman. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- BofA Consolidates Branch Network Amid Rise in Digital Usage
Increased use of digital methods to do banking transactions leads of branch consolidations at BofA (BAC).
Zacks. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Lloyds to create 500 jobs at new tech hub in Edinburgh
The banking group says it is responding to a shift in customer behaviour towards digital services.
BBC News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Survey: Region's bankers losing confidence in farm economy
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - A monthly survey of rural bankers in parts of 10 Plains and Western states shows they're rapidly losing confidence in the region's farm economy. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Early exposure to banking may influence life-long financial health
Growing up in a community with or without banks has a long-term effect on how you build and manage credit, according to a new study. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Cybercrime group that used malware to steal $100 million from online banking accounts shut down
International law enforcement operation takes down cybercrime network that tried to steal $100 million by capturing online banking details.
ZDNet. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- When China Jump-Starts Its Shadow Banking Units, You'll Know It's Bad
Nomura: expect "special support" to the private sector to help China protect its manufacturers from tariffs.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
Banking with an ATM machine
Related Directory Page(s)
Banks News Headlines and News Summaries