This Banking news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about banking and banker news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Braves-Dodgers Series Quickly Becomes Battle Of The Bullpens
Both teams in the NL Championship Series are banking
heavily on their bullpens, used extensively in Atlanta's 3-2 win over L.A. in the opener.
Forbes. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- Metal Can Makers Investing in Capacity to Meet Strong Demand
on the growing preference for metal cans worldwide thanks to its recyclability, companies like BLL, CCK and SLGN are investing in growing capacity.
Zacks. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Goldman Sachs crushes analysts' estimates on strong investment banking and trading results
Goldman is the last of the six-biggest U.S. banks to report earnings.
CNBC. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Goldman (GS) Q3 Earnings Beat Estimates on Strong IB Revenues
Goldman's (GS) Q3 earnings are buoyed by the robust IB performance and impressive consumer banking
Zacks. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- FTSE 100 hits 18-month high as it shrugs off supply chain and inflation worries
The FTSE 100 has hit a new post-pandemic high as rising oil and banking
stocks helped it shrug off supply chain and inflation worries.
Sky News. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Tech giant SoftBank's Vision Fund to back resurgent British digital lender Zopa
The world's biggest technology investment engine is buying a stake in Zopa, the British fintech which has revived its fortunes after a torrid period in which it nearly lost its banking
Sky News. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Morgan Stanley beats estimates on record investment banking and asset management results
Morgan Stanley is well positioned for the moment.
CNBC. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Mortgage rates for home loans hit highest levels since June
Purchase loan applications rose 2 percent week over week, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association's Weekly Mortgage Applications Survey, released Wednesday.
Inman. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Now Harry and Meghan move into banking
The Sussexes, who experts believe are well on the way to building a $1billion brand in the US, have been appointed 'impact partners' at Ethic, a New York-based fintech asset manager.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- Why Banks Should Focus On Digitizing Procurement To Manage Costs And Reduce Risk
A recent survey has revealed that many banking
institutions are not focused on digitizing their procurement function. ...
Forbes. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- Lloyds Banking Group plotting to take on Hargreaves Lansdown
The bank's wealth and insurance boss Antonio Lorenzo revealed that billions of pounds flows out of Lloyds to companies such as Hargreaves Lansdown.
Daily Mail. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- Commission rules, lockbox access chief among threats to industry
At Coldwell Banker's Gen Blue Experience event, Kalama Kim predicted that everything from a DOJ antitrust case to "marginal agents" could soon upend the real estate industry.
Inman. Wednesday, 6 Oct 2021.
- 5 best Forex Brokers of 2021: Our guide
Apart from the traditional banking
system, the forex market tends to be one of the largest and the most influential, having the most liquid assets worldwide.
Pocket Lint. Monday, 4 Oct 2021.
- Mortgage Application Rates Down as Interest Rates Rise to Highest Levels Since July
Mortgage application rates in the United States fell by 1.1 percent last week driven by higher interest rate, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) Composite Index.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 30 Sep 2021.
- Virgin Money to close 12 branches in Scotland
The bank says they will shut early next year after a further fall in demand for in-person banking
BBC News. Thursday, 30 Sep 2021.
Banks News Headlines and News Summaries