This Banking news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about banking and banker news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ex-Basketball Player Suggests New Choices For NBA Jerseys
Ex Team Canada basketball player Braeden Anderson, now a New York banking
attorney, is preaching a tactful response for black Americans, including NBA players, in order to combat racism in the United States.
Forbes. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Tensions are flaring: How are real estate leaders putting out the fires?
Executives from Coldwell Banker, eXp Realty, Redfin and RE/MAX share how they're leading and responding to agent conversations about race and racism.
Inman. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- People's United Launches Service to Monitor Digital Identity
Amid the changing preference to digital modes of banking, People's United's (PBCT) new platform would help monitor and reduce scams.
Zacks. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Citigroup to Bolster Presence in Saudi Arabia, To Hire Bankers
Citigroup (C) plans to strengthen operations in Saudi Arabia by hiring more bankers as it aims to obtain a full banking
Zacks. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Feds discuss tangled web of Jared Kushner, Paul Manafort and Donald Trump in Chicago banker Stephen Calk bribery case
President Donald Trump, Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort all play a role in the government's bribery narrative against Chicago bank executive Stephen Calk.
ABC News. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Banking giant HSBC under new Hong Kong attack
Hermes said it is in talks with the bank after HSBC supported a new law in a post on Chinese social media platform WeChat.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- 'Pooled testing' for COVID-19 holds promise, pitfalls
The nation's top health officials are banking
on a new approach to dramatically boost U.S. screening for the coronavirus: combining test samples in batches instead of running them one by one.
Fox News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Madeline McWhinney Dale, Trailblazing Banker, Is Dead at 98
She was the first female officer of the Federal Reserve Bank. Later, in another first, she ran a commercial bank largely owned and operated by women.
New York Times. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Share of mortgages in forbearance dips for second straight week
A new report from the Mortgage Bankers Association shows that about 4.2 million homeowners were in forbearance programs as of June 21.
Inman. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Wirecard scandal hits UK consumers as online banking apps freeze accounts
The Financial Conduct Authority ordered Wirecard's U.K. unit stop carrying out regulated activities.
CNBC. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Wall Street executives brace for a potential Biden win as Trump fades in polls
Various current and former Wall Street financiers, analysts, lobbyists, lawyers and political advisors with banking
clients spoke to CNBC about how the industry is bracing for a possible Biden win.
CNBC. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Top Stocks To Buy Today As Markets Continue To Pull Back
With jobless claims exceeding estimates and regulators relaxing banking
restrictions, the markets are gyrating between gains and losses. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Banker cleared of careless driving after motorcyclist killed
Derek Shakespeare (pictured), 52, was today cleared of causing death by careless driving after pulling out of a junction near Andover, Hampshire, and into the path of Peter Lowe in October 2018.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Why Spotify is banking on Kim Kardashian-West as platform binges on podcast deals
Spotify is expanding its podcast empire by signing exclusive deals with Kim Kardashian West & DC Comics, among others.
Yahoo. Sunday, 21 Jun 2020.
- China will not adopt "flood-like" stimulus nor negative rates - banking regulator
China will not adopt "flood-like" stimulus nor negative rates, Guo Shuqing, chairman of the banking
and insurance regulator, said on Thursday at a financial forum in Shanghai.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
Banks News Headlines and News Summaries