This Banking news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about banking and banker news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Santander in turmoil as 'next boss' leaves banking giant
The sudden and unexplained exit of Tony Prestedge has left the bank in turmoil just five months before current boss Nathan Bostock is due to stand down.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- City chief tells junior bankers to suck up 80-hour weeks as others 'work harder for far less money'
Former London Stock Exchange boss Xavier Rolet said 'entitled' junior bankers had no right to complain when 'millions of poor working mothers' work harder for far less money.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- Can Luke Shaw Kick On From His Emphatic European Championship With England?
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be banking
on Luke Shaw's form once again this season.
Forbes. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- BNP Paribas reports a 26% jump in net profit as retail banking rebounds
BNP Paribas reported Friday a 26% annual jump in net profit for the second quarter of this year, beating market expectations.
CNBC. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR) Tops Q2 Earnings and Revenue Estimates
Cullen/Frost (CFR) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 12.50% and 3.71%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Lloyds bolsters digital banking armoury as half-year profits hit £3.9bn
Group has credited an improving economy for a recovery in half-year profits, aided by a big cut in earlier provisions for coronavirus crisis bad loans.
Sky News. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Delta variant haunts Halloween plans
Theme parks and event operators are banking
on a comeback by Halloween fans this fall, but the COVID-19 resurgence is bringing fresh uncertainty.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Mortgage rates just dropped to a six-month low, and refinances shoot higher
Applications to refinance a home loan jumped 9% last week from the previous week, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association.
CNBC. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Lloyds Banking Group to unveil £400m takeover of savings group Embark
Britain’s biggest high street lender will this week unveil its biggest corporate acquisition since it returned to full private ownership four years ago.
Sky News. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Barclays Stock To Deliver Mixed Results In Q2?
While the firm posted positive growth in the corporate & investment bank segment (sales & trading and investment banking), it was almost offset by lower core banking
Forbes. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Investment Banking Becomes Less Popular With Young Professionals
As young professionals re-examine their work-life balance, investment banking
is becoming a less popular choice despite the money.
New York Times. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Coldwell Banker names new vice president of Global Luxury program
Michael Altneu, who boasts more than 15 years of experience in real estate, most recently at Realm, will report to Chief Marketing Officer David Marine.
Inman. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Cognizant (CTSH) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in Store?
Cognizant's (CTSH) second-quarter results are likely to reflect steady demand in digital engineering, cloud and IoT, partially offset by weakness across select global banking
Zacks. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- JP Morgan: US banking giant gives boss 'special award'
The award to Jamie Dimon is to persuade him to lead the company for a "significant number of years".
BBC News. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Goldman Sachs to require staff to wear masks from Monday
giant hopes 70% of UK staff will return to its London office in the coming weeks.
BBC News. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
Banks News Headlines and News Summaries