This Banking news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about banking and banker news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- In 2022 Cannabis Legalization Expands But Old Challenges Remain
The lack of banking
and advertising are still holding cannabis entrepreneurs back.
Forbes. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Goldman Sachs Profit Falls 13% as It Raises Bankers' Pay
For the year, Goldman notched its largest profit ever, $21.6 billion, helped by deal-making by its investment bankers.
New York Times. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Incoming NHS England chair Richard Meddings admits he has used private healthcare
Richard Medding, 63 - who is Sajid Javid's pick to chair the NHS - revealed he chose to use private health care 'late last year' when being treated for deep vein thrombosis.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Valley (VLY) Gets Shareholders' Nod for Bank Leumi USA Buyout
Valley National (VLY) receives shareholders' approval to acquire Bank Leumi USA. The acquisition can expand the company's technology and venture capital banking
Zacks. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Banker who claimed he was targeted in 'systematic bullying campaign' loses sex discrimination claim
Christopher Drake was working at the Swiss banking
giant Credit Suisse in Canary Wharf when he claimed he was targeted in a 'systematic bullying campaign'.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Key Factors to Affect M&T Bank (MTB) This Earnings Season
While loan growth is expected to have aided M&T Bank's (MTB) Q4 interest income, low mortgage banking
revenues and high expenses are anticipated to have been spoilsports.
Zacks. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Citigroup shares slide after fourth-quarter profit declines 26%
Citigroup shares were under pressure Friday after the banking
giant reported a steep profit drop for the fourth quarter.
CNBC. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Libor, Long the Most Important Number in Finance, Dies at 52
Bankers used it until the end. Regulators say good riddance after its infamous fall.
New York Times. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Mortgage rates hit highest point since COVID closures in early 2020
Demand for purchase loans remains steady, but rising rates are closing the door on refinancing opportunities, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association's Weekly Mortgage Applications Survey.
Inman. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Equity Index Futures Pick Up Steam After Stunning CPI Data
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) reveals the growth of inflation. Biogen and Eli Lilly traded down in premarket trading, but DoorDash rallied. Stocks moved higher after Fed Chairman Jerome Powell testified before the Senate banking
Forbes. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- High inflation poses a threat to job market, says Powell
"If we have to raise interest rates more over time, we will," Jerome Powell said during a hearing of the Senate Banking
Committee on Tuesday,
CBS News. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Watch Fed Chair Jerome Powell testify live at his Senate confirmation hearing
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell testifies Tuesday before the Senate Banking
Committee as part of his confirmation process.
CNBC. Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022.
- Bitcoin prices fall to lowest in months after US Fed remarks
Bitcoin prices tumble amid rumblings from the US banking
body and unrest in Kazakhstan.
BBC News. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- 'You don't want to let him down': Marcus Freeman leads Notre Dame into a new era
Notre Dame is a banking
on Freeman, a young, relatable coach with fresh ideas, to help the program rise from frequent CFP contender to bona fide national title threat.
ESPN. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Lloyds to take stake in banking loyalty app Bink
Britain's biggest high street bank is finalising plans to buy a stake in Bink, a fintech business which allows customers to ditch their plastic loyalty cards.
Sky News. Monday, 3 Jan 2022.
Banks News Headlines and News Summaries