This Banking news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about banking and banker news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- What COVID-19 'vaccine passports' mean for your summer vacation
The concept of immunity passports remains deeply contentious, and anyone banking
on it for a 2021 summer vacation could be disappointed.
ABC News. Saturday, 23 Jan 2021.
- What investors are watching for as UBS prepares to kick off Europe's bank earnings
With European banks set to begin reporting fourth-quarter and full-year earnings, analysts are expecting a resilient performance led by investment banking
CNBC. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Discover Financial (DFS) Q4 Earnings Surpass, Improve Y/Y
Discover Financial's (DFS) fourth-quarter earnings gain from a strong performance by its Direct Banking
Zacks. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Q4 Earnings Beat on Trading, Wealth Business
Impressive trading and investment banking
performance, along with E*Trade Financial acquisition, supports Morgan Stanley's (MS) Q4 earnings amid low interest rate environment.
Zacks. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Weekly mortgage refinance demand drops 5% after rates hit highest level since November
Several weeks of rising rates are dousing what was incredibly high demand for refinancing, according to Mortgage Bankers Association data.
CNBC. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Digital Black-owned bank aims to tackle economic injustice
One Black-owned banking
endeavor, poised to launch later this year, is positioning itself as a fully 100% digital Black-owned bank.
ABC News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- HSBC to shut 82 bank branches - here's the full list
HSBC has announced plans to shut 82 UK branches this year after a shift towards telephone and internet banking
Sky News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Commons committee approves Richard Sharp as BBC chairman
The former Goldman Sachs banker, who was chosen by the UK Government as its preferred candidate for the post, faced questions from the committee on Thursday.
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Pandemic Accelerated Digital Banking Tools In 2020 That Will Continue Far Beyond
Exponential growth in peer-to-peer payments and automated savings will shape consumers banking
habits in 2021 and beyond.
Forbes. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Big Bang 2.0: Radical shake-up planned to breathe life back into the City of London
This week Chancellor Rishi Sunak told bankers and traders to prepare for what he named 'Big Bang 2.0', promising to reignite financial services ahead of regulatory talks with the European Union.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- The Pharma Industry Expects Covid-19 To Be Around For The Long Haul
Pfizer, Moderna and other companies are banking
on regular Covid-19 vaccinations as an important business line for years to come.
Forbes. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Coldwell Banker partners with JamesEdition on luxury listings
The partnership will allow for the syndication of all Coldwell Banker
Global Luxury listings priced at $1 million and higher to JamesEdition.com, as well as placement on Bloomberg's Property marketplace, among other things.
Inman. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Tobias Barrios is bringing art and real estate together to draw out the energy and love in his listings
Tobias Barrios studied art for years as a child in Venezuela, but now as a Coldwell Banker
agent in Miami, he's seamlessly incorporating it into his real estate career.
Inman. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Fake NHS vaccine messages sent in banking fraud scam
One scam tells recipients they are "eligible to apply for your vaccine" with a link to a bogus NHS website.
BBC News. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Former banker Richard Sharp to be next BBC chairman
He will lead negotiations with the government over the future of the licence fee.
BBC News. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
Banks News Headlines and News Summaries