This Bakery news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about bakery and bakeries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Greggs profits set to bounce back to pre-pandemic levels
chain reports a strong recovery in sales since the easing of UK lockdown restrictions.
BBC News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- In search of traditional Turkish sweets
In the kitchens and bakeries
of Istanbul, the Ottoman Empire lives on, with sugary treats that may date back more than a thousand years. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- How George Clooney and Robert De Niro ended up in Warburton bakery commercials
Jonathan Warburton has done five pieces of acting in his whole life - and his co-stars have been Sylvester Stallone, Robert De Niro, Miss Piggy, Peter Kay and now George Clooney.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- A Texas twist on traditional kolaches
This Texas bakery
sells at least 1,000 gourmet kolaches a day - but the secret is what's stuffed inside!
ABC News. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Wylie Dufresne Pivots To Pizza with Stretch Pizza At Breads Bakery
The 12-inch pizzas are available for preorder and pickup.
Forbes. Monday, 26 Apr 2021.
- Downers Grove community rallies around bakery owner battling COVID-19, raising over $100K
Chuck Kalousek, who owns the Busy Bee Bakery
in Downers Grove, likely needs a lung transplant after contracting the virus.
ABC News. Thursday, 15 Apr 2021.
- Asda to axe 1,200 bakery jobs as shoppers shun loaves
The supermarket giant says customers have swapped traditional loaves for speciality breads and wraps.
BBC News. Wednesday, 14 Apr 2021.
- Asda in talks with bakery staff over redundancy
Supermarket chain Asda has said that it will restructure its bakeries, putting at risk more than 1,200 jobs across the UK.
Sky News. Wednesday, 14 Apr 2021.
- Wylie Dufresne Starts Stretch Pizza, Selling Pies Out of Breads Bakery
Charlie Palmer turns Aureole into a flagship for his steakhouses; Gage & Tollner unveils its dining room; and more restaurant news.
New York Times. Tuesday, 13 Apr 2021.
- 'VP is allowed to have a snack' Psaki snaps when asked why Kamala went to a bakery, not the border
Jen Psaki claimed Kamala is 'allowed' to 'get a snack' when the VP's role on the immigration crisis was questioned as she faces criticism for visiting a bakery
in Chicago but not the southern border.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Apr 2021.
- Psaki snaps when asked why VP Harris had time to visit Chicago bakery but not border, 'she got a snack'
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki got snippy with a reporter on Wednesday who questioned why Vice President Kamala Harris had time to visit a Chicago bakery
amid the lingering border crisis she has been tasked to deal with.
Fox News. Wednesday, 7 Apr 2021.
- Baker invents doughnut Pop Tart
A California bakery
has invented the doughnut Pop Tart! CBSN's Vladimir Duthiers and Elaine Quijano show us the latest breakfast dessert hybrid.
CBS News. Thursday, 1 Apr 2021.
- 13-Year-Old Running Her Own Bakery Business in Allen
Olivia Hogan is the founder of Olivia's Originals, a bakery
she started when she was just 12 years old.
NBC. Wednesday, Mar 24 2021.
- Early To Rise: Making Bread The Traditional Way At A Bishkek Bakery
A day in the life of a Bishkek bakery, which makes a moist fluffy bread with a crispy crust that is central to the Kyrgyz way of life.
Radio Liberty. Saturday, 27 Feb 2021.
- Betty Campbell-Adams, Bronx Evangelist of Carrot Cake, Dies at 65
Ms. Campbell-Adams founded with her husband has won legions of fans all over the world for the Caribbean-infused delicacy that is its specialty.
New York Times. Monday, 28 Dec 2020.
Bakeries News Headlines and News Summaries