This Bakery news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about bakery and bakeries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Flowers Foods Temporarily Shuts Bakery as COVID-19 Cases Rise
Flowers Foods (FLO) temporarily halts production at its bakery
in Savannah, GA. The facility is expected to restart production around Jul 17.
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Two Chefs Moved to Rural Minnesota to Expand on Their Mission of Racial Justice
Mateo Mackbee and Erin Lucas left Minneapolis for a small central Minnesota community, where they are using their restaurant, bakery
and farm to promote diversity and teach children about food.
New York Times. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Startup Protera Rises In The $51 Billion Clean Label Market With Cultured Ingredients That Double Bakery Shelf Life
Sick of that blue mold on your bread? Protera recently received a $5.6 million boost from investors for its fermented protein that can replace artificial food additives and increase the shelf life of baked goods by 30 days or more.
Forbes. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Texas City bakery gives part of their profits to different small business each week
This is what community is all about! Bear Fruit Bakery
gives 25 percent of profits to a different small business each week.
ABC News. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- The Pandemic Inspired Target To Get Its Fresh Grocery Act Together
Target has announced plans to add 750 fresh, frozen and refrigerated grocery items, including bakery, dairy, meat and produce, to its curbside pickup offerings.
Forbes. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Naperville bakery sells countless flavors of French macarons
"People describe it as a fancy French cookie I guess. So it's two beautiful shells, perfectly baked, and then we put a filling inside."
ABC News. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- A New Orleans Black-owned bakery wants to nourish the nation
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Kathryn Conyers is not a baker, but she tried. And she failed. When she sought advice from her friend Carla Briggs, a trained pastry chef, Conyers was too embarrassed to send photos of the lackluster loaves. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 27 Jun 2020.
- Bakery customer wearing a hijab is refused service for not wearing mask
Zahur Abdiaziz posted a video on Facebook this week saying she had been subjected to a 'corona type' of racism following the incident at Marissa's Bakery
Daily Mail. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry volunteer at LA bakery
Meghan Markle, 38, and Prince Harry, 35, wore face masks and hair nets as they volunteered at Homeboy Industries in Los Angeles to help prepare food for the vulnerable in their new hometown.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- An All-Day Cafe and Bakery for Park Slope
Groceries and natural wine in the East Village, Il Buco in Montauk, and more restaurant news.
New York Times. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Cuban dons full-body cardboard shield against coronavirus
Ever since the novel coronavirus reached Cuba, a tall cardboard box with arms and legs can be seen tottering around a Havana suburb, popping into the bakery
or butchers, or browsing the newspaper stand.
Reuters. Thursday, 18 Jun 2020.
- Greggs cooks up store re-opening plan but expects soft sales
Greggs, the high street bakery
chain, is to start re-opening shops from this Thursday but with a series of curbs to its menu.
Sky News. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Le Pain Quotidien bakes partial rescue deal
The British arm of the bakery
chain Le Pain Quotidien has been sold in a deal which salvages jobs.
Sky News. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- Minnesota bakery donates 800-plus cakes to 2020 high school grads
Graduating high school during a pandemic is no piece of cake.
Fox News. Thursday, 4 Jun 2020.
- Thinner slice of Le Pain Quotidien in U.S. after bankruptcy
chain, slammed by competitors, then COVID-19, to sell it 98 U.S. locations. Only 35 of them to reopen.
CBS News. Thursday, 28 May 2020.
Bakeries News Headlines and News Summaries