This Bakery news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about bakery and bakeries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Oberlin College owes Gibson's bakery $36M in defamation case, so why won't it also say 'sorry'?
Thanks to the Ohio Supreme Court, the six-year battle between Gibson's Bakery
and Oberlin College has ended, with the school promising to pay the $36.59 million it owes the local business.
Fox News. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Red squirrel trapped in Pitlochry Greggs is freed into woods
The squirrel was returned to its natural habitat after over three days stuck in the Pitlochry bakery
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- This Job Seeker Went Viral On LinkedIn for Printing Her Resume on a Cake and Having It Delivered to Nike
technology available at Albertson's and the Instacart app, this job seeker got her resume straight to Nike execs in the most delicious way.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 26 Sep 2022.
- Looking for the perfect croissant? It's in Ojai
This week's recommendations include the entire bakery
case and the fried quail with naan from the Dutchess restaurant in Ojai.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 26 Sep 2022.
- Red squirrel goes nuts in Pitlochry Greggs
in Pitlochry has closed while the Scottish SPCA work on removing the animal.
BBC News. Monday, 26 Sep 2022.
- Man, 65, murdered ex-girlfriend, 52, inside the Argentina bakery she worked at
Veronica Villalba was murdered by Hugo Marchi, her ex-boyfriend of 10 years, at a bakery
where she was working in Argentina on Tuesday morning. Marchi killed himself in front of cops.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Bub and Grandma's new restaurant expands the lauded bakery into an all-day diner
Plus, one of L.A.'s best vegan restaurants expands, there's new barbecue by the beach, and more.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 14 Sep 2022.
- College to pay $37M to local bakery after students alleged racism
In a 2016 lawsuit, the Ohio small business had accused the school of falsely accusing it of racial discrimination.
CBS News. Friday, 9 Sep 2022.
- Oberlin College Pays Out Millions After Launching Defamation Campaign Against Bakery
'Truth still matters, David can still overcome Goliath'
Daily Caller. Friday, 9 Sep 2022.
- Oberlin College begins payment of $36M to bakery that was smeared as racist
Oberlin College has begun paying more than $36 million to Gibson's Bakery
after a legal dispute in which the business said the college slandered it as racist following a shoplifting incident.
Washington Times. Friday, 9 Sep 2022.
- Oberlin College pays out FULL $36.5m it owes to Ohio bakery that it defamed with racism claims
Oberlin College has finally paid out the full $36.5 million it owes to Gibson's Bakery, after it was found to have defamed the store with claims of racism after a store owner tried to chase down thieves.
Daily Mail. Friday, 9 Sep 2022.
- Judgment that Oberlin College libeled bakery stands
The judgment is tied to a libel case brought by local bakery
owners after a shoplifting incident involving Oberlin students.
CBS News. Tuesday, 30 Aug 2022.
- Inclusive Kyiv Bakery Feeds Ukrainians Who Experience Food Scarcity
In a very special bakery
in Kyiv, thousands of loaves of bread are being baked every week and sent out to those in need. Anna Kosstutschenko has the story.
Voice of America. Sunday, 14 Aug 2022.
- Oberlin College may destroy 137-year-old family business thanks to left-wing activists
Oberlin students, administrators targeted 137-year-old family bakery
and may shut it down because school won't pay $31.5 million it owes the business.
Fox News. Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022.
- UpRising Bakery able to host events again after ACLU helps reach agreement with village officials
The fate of the rescheduled drag show event, and all other planned events, were in jeopardy after village officials sent the owner a letter about zoning issues.
ABC News. Thursday, 4 Aug 2022.
Bakeries News Headlines and News Summaries