This Bakery news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about bakery and bakeries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Famous Italian Bakery Releasing Fresh Panettone In U.S. For First Time Ever
For more than 140 years, this storied pasticceria has been serving the best panettone. And now it's available fresh stateside.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Scottish bakery hiring for a $52,000 cookie-eating gig
This cookie company is looking for a taste-tester, and offering work perks like free parking and free cookies
Fox News. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- McDonald's Spruces Up Menu With New McCafe Bakery Line-up
McDonald's (MCD) adds apple fritters, blueberry muffins and cinnamon rolls to its line-up of bakery
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- McDonald's adds bakery items to menu in push for breakfast customers
McDonald's is adding three baked goods to its permanent menu to bring back breakfast customers.
CNBC. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Yorkshire bakery wins 3-star Great Taste for mince pie for the first time in history
Thomas the Baker, which has 30 stores across Yorkshire and the North East picked up the gong for their Heavenly Sweet Mince Pie, the first time the treat has received the accolade.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- Daughter's tweet helped to save her father's bakery on the verge of closing
La Casa Bakery
was on the verge of closing in 2017, until the owner's daughter shared a tweet that resulted in support from all over the world!
ABC News. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
- Number of staff at Greggs production hub test positive for coronavirus
chain has rushed to reassure its customers that supplies should not be affected due to a large reserve of frozen stock in Newcastle (file photo).
Daily Mail. Thursday, 24 Sep 2020.
- Greggs factory staff test positive for coronavirus - but firm issues sausage roll reassurance
chain Greggs has insisted supplies of its sausage rolls will be unaffected after a coronavirus outbreak among factory staff.
Sky News. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- Duke and duchess make bagels in surprise visit
staff tell the royals how the coronavirus pandemic has affected the business and their lives.
BBC News. Tuesday, 15 Sep 2020.
- 80-year-old bakery helps customers celebrate during the pandemic
Phoenix Bakery's strawberry cream cakes have been famous for generations. While the 80-year-old shop has had to adjust during the pandemic, it is still serving up its favorite baked goods.
ABC News. Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020.
- A beloved L.A. bakery's fight to survive the coronavirus reminds us to help out places we'd miss
on L.A.'s Fairfax Ave. has survived a lot over 74 years. Loyal customers and a GoFundMe campaign hope to carry it through the pandemic.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 15 Aug 2020.
- A beloved lesbian baker in Detroit got a homophobic cake order. Here's why she made it anyway.
April Anderson, a Detroit pastry chef with national cred, was taken aback by a recent cake order that came into her Good Cakes and Bakes bakery
Yahoo. Thursday, 13 Aug 2020.
- Coronavirus card payments: Bakery manager sacked for accepting cash
Megan Metcalfe says she used her own card to help elderly customers at the Nottinghamshire bakery
BBC News. Friday, 31 Jul 2020.
- Cafe chain CEO steps down amid discrimination complaints
BOSTON (AP) - The founder and CEO of a fast-growing Boston-area bakery
and cafe chain has stepped down amid a public campaign by current and former employees complaining of racial discrimination. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 25 Jul 2020.
- The Art of the Cookie Drop
My Cookie Dealer, a bakery
that delivers and ships orders placed through Instagram, has fared well in the time of socially distant dining.
New York Times. Friday, 24 Jul 2020.
Bakeries News Headlines and News Summaries