This Aviation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about aviation and aviator news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Canadian wildfire smoke forces landing limits on major East Coast airports
The Federal Aviation
Administration instituted a ground stop on all arrivals to Philadelphia International Airport on Thursday due to low visibility caused by the smoke from Canada's wildfires.
Washington Times. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- TotalEnergies (TTE) to Produce More Sustainable Aviation Fuel
TotalEnergies (TTE) continues to expand its clean energy generation portfolio and is on track to build a portfolio of low-carbon businesses that can account for 15-20% of sales by 2040.
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- What New Aviation Practices Can Teach Us About Collaboration and Innovation
By identifying niche markets, embracing technological advancements and fostering collaboration, entrepreneurs are changing the aviation
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Wildfire smoke impacting flights at Northeast airports
Flights to and from LaGuardia, Philadelphia and Newark have been impacted, the Federal Aviation
CBS News. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- 4 dead in Cessna Citation plane crash near D.C. Here's what we know.
The Federal Aviation
Administration said a pilot and three passengers were killed in the crash. The plane was destroyed.
CBS News. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Aviator Nation Owner Is Richer Than Ever As SoCal Surfer Brand Arrives In New York
Paige Mycoskie, who is now worth an estimated $380 million, unveils expansion plans for her trendy clothing brand including new stores and product lines.
Forbes. Saturday, 3 Jun 2023.
- Using pig fat as green jet fuel will hurt planet, experts warn
Animal by-products being used for aviation
fuel could increase demand for palm oil, experts fear.
BBC News. Tuesday, 30 May 2023.
- Plane passenger could face years in jail for 'opening door mid-flight'
A plane passenger could face up to 10 years in prison if he is found guilty of violating aviation
security law by opening an emergency exit mid-flight.
Sky News. Sunday, 28 May 2023.
- Archer Aviation Inc. (ACHR) Upgraded to Buy: Here's What You Should Know
Inc. (ACHR) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy).
Zacks. Friday, 26 May 2023.
- California air regulators vote to ban toxic chrome plating by 2039
California air regulators have voted to phase out the use of a highly toxic metal that's commonly used to restore classic cars and protect aviation
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 25 May 2023.
- Boss of luxury airline firm claims pets produce three times more pollution than private flights
Patrick Hansen, chief executive of Luxembourg-based Luxaviation, reportedly said one of his company's customers produces about 2.1 tonnes of CO2 a year.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 24 May 2023.
- France bans short-haul flights as it looks to cut transport emissions
sector and its effect on the environment sit at the heart of significant debate.
CNBC. Wednesday, 24 May 2023.
- Airlines and F.A.A. Try to Head Off Summer Travel Meltdowns
Having angered travelers and lawmakers, airline executives and aviation
officials said they were reducing flights, hiring staff and making other changes to avoid disruptions this summer.
New York Times. Tuesday, 23 May 2023.
- Making Synthetic Jet Fuel Near the Front Lines Is an Idea That Remains Worth Drinking To
You can get a bottle of AIR Vodka from synthetic aviation
fuel maker, AIR COMPANY, for around the same price as a traditional bottle of say, Beluga Allure vodka.
Forbes. Tuesday, 23 May 2023.
- Opinion: Flight canceled? Stuck on the tarmac? Here's a solution: more women in aviation
doesn't have enough pilots, mechanics and air traffic controllers. Could it be because the industry is too "male, pale and stale"?
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 22 May 2023.
Aviation Schools News Headlines and News Summaries