This Aviation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about aviation and aviator news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ten Airlines That Are Changing The Game In Business Travel
Business class remains one of the most highly competitive markets in aviation
Hsyndicate. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- The 2020 Lincoln Aviator Hybrid Will Be More Powerful Than The Cadillac Escalade
The 2020 Aviator
plug-in hybrid has a lot more power than Lincoln originally claimed.
Forbes. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Hong Kong Airport Resumes Operations After Court Injunction Limiting Protests
Flights were beginning to return to normal after police in riot gear and armed with pepper spray forced out most of the protesters staging a sit-in at one of the world's busiest aviation
NPR. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Protesters Return To Hong Kong's Airport, Causing Flight Cancellations For 2nd Day
Operations at the major aviation
hub initially appeared to be returning to normal early Tuesday, but by the afternoon, hundreds of pro-democracy activists had returned to departure areas.
NPR. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- FAA investigating former air ambulance pilot who allegedly fell asleep at controls
The Federal Aviation
Administration is investigating an incident in which an air ambulance pilot allegedly fell asleep at the controls.
ABC News. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- Can the man who found the Titanic find Amelia Earhart?
Oceanographer Robert Ballard is searching a tiny Pacific island for the iconic aviator
and her plane.
BBC News. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Private aviation start-up Wheels Up valued at $1.1 billion in latest funding round
The funding marks an escalation in the air war between private aviation
players in an era of consolidation and technological change.
CNBC. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Ford recalls several new vehicles that may roll while in park
The automaker has recalled 2020 models of the Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator
because they're missing a part that could cause the vehicles to roll while in park.
ABC News. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Facing An Industry Pilot Shortage, Southwest Airlines And Jet Linx Aviation Have A Plan For That
Private jet operator Jet Linx Aviation
joined Southwest Airlines in a unique three-way partnership with CAE to provide pilots a career pathway that can be adapted to their lifestyle preferences.
Forbes. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Garmin's (GRMN) Q2 Earnings & Revenues Surpass Estimates
Garmin's (GRMN) second-quarter results benefit from strong performance by its fitness, outdoor, marine and aviation
Zacks. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Plane with 62 passengers on board hits a light tower at Perth Airport
The Cobham Aviation
plane collided with the structure as the plane was preparing to take off about 2.20pm on Tuesday.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Star Alliance partners with tech giant NEC on facial recognition at airports
Technologies such as biometrics are changing the aviation
industry in a number of important ways.
CNBC. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- Will GE's Q2 Earnings Gain From Aviation, Renewable Energy?
General Electric's (GE) Aviation
segment's results in second-quarter 2019 will likely gain from rising popularity of LEAP engines. The Renewable Energy segment's results might be beneficial too.
Zacks. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- Man Who Located Titanic Wreckage Turns Focus to Finally Finding Amelia Earhart
To solve the disappearance of famed aviator
Amelia Earhart, the man who found the Titanic is setting sail on a new mission, according to The Washington Post.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 24 Jul 2019.
- British Airways suspended all flights to Cairo 'because of a specific threat against a jet'
British Airways picked up chatter that suggested a specific threat against a jet flying to Cairo, an aviation
source said, leading to the airline cancelling all flights to the Egyptian airport for a week.
Daily Mail. Monday, 22 Jul 2019.
Aviation Schools News Headlines and News Summaries