This Aviation news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about aviation and aviator news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Inside the Beltway: Perfect test case: Trump in Pennsylvania
President Trump will journey to Montoursville, Pennsylvania, on Monday evening for a jumbo campaign-style rally in an aviation hangar at a regional airport. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Report: Brakes unused on fiery Russian plane that killed 41
A Russian state news agency says a report from the country's civil aviation authority indicates that the crew of an airliner that caught fire while making an emergency landing, killing 41 people, had not deployed the plane's air brakes
ABC News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Cuba says crew error responsible for 2018 plane crash
Two days before the anniversary of Cuba's worst civil aviation accident, authorities have released a statement blaming the deceased crew for miscalculating the weight and balance of the plane.
Fox News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Boeing says has FINALLY completed software updates for its controversial 737 MAX jets
Boeing said on Thursday that it would also be providing additional information on the software to address requests from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Embraer (ERJ) Q1 Earnings Miss, Commercial Deliveries Drop Y/Y
Embraer's (ERJ) first-quarter 2019 revenues declined year over year on account of lower deliveries at the Commercial Aviation segment and lower revenues from used jet sales in Executive Jets.
Zacks. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- FAA Grilled Again Over Boeing 737 MAX Crisis
The head of the Federal Aviation Administration faced another grilling in Congress on Wednesday following revelations that pilots complained to Boeing about the 737 MAX in the aftermath of the Lion Air crash. ...
Voice of America. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Boeing 737 makes emergency landing in Tennessee following a 'potential mechanical issue'
Delta Air Lines flight 1417 landed safely at the airport after a crew reported a nose gear issue, according to the Federal Aviation Administration.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- FAA deferred to Boeing on key 737 MAX assessments: source
The US Federal Aviation Administration did not independently evaluate the safety of a Boeing 737 MAX system implicated in two deadly crashes, a person familiar with the matter said Tuesday. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Granville Coggs Fought Racism in the Military as a Tuskegee Airman
Coggs, who died on May 7, at the age of 93, was among the first black aviators in the U.S. Army Air Corps
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Three confirmed killed in mid-air seaplane crash in southeastern Alaska
Two seaplanes collided in mid-air on Monday over southeastern Alaska, killing at least three of those aboard, injuring 10 others and leaving three people missing, U.S. Coast Guard and Federal Aviation Administration officials said.
Reuters. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Up, up and away at the TWA Hotel
The Trans World Airlines Flight Center at JFK Airport, designed by architect Eero Saarinen, has been reimagined as a nostalgic trip into aviation's glamorous past
CBS News. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- Climate change 'may curb growth in UK flying'
The UK may need to review expansion of aviation to meet CO2 targets, the government admits.
BBC News. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Anti-drone tech at Miami festival maybe violated federal law
The Federal Aviation Administration says use of anti-drone services during music festival may have violated federal law
ABC News. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Could aviation ever be less polluting?
The aircraft industry has to cut greenhouse gases but air travel is growing, so what's the answer?
BBC News. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- FAA to U.S. airports: Do not install drone countermeasures on your own
The Federal Aviation Administration told U.S. ...
Reuters. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
Propeller-driven product of the aviation industry
Related Directory Page(s)
Aviation Schools News Headlines and News Summaries