This Aviation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about aviation and aviator news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Viasat Removes Internet Speed Caps for Ka-Band Customers
Viasat (VSAT) eliminates Internet speed limits for business jets equipped with Ka-band satellite connectivity system for an enhanced communications infrastructure in the global aviation
Zacks. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Russia's Norilsk Nickel Reports New Fuel Spill In Arctic
Russian metals giant Norilsk Nickel said around 45 tons of aviation
fuel has spilled from its pipeline in the Arctic.
Radio Liberty. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Virgin Atlantic races to land First Data rescue backing
Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Atlantic Airways is this weekend racing to secure the backing of a giant American payments group for a £1bn rescue deal that would save thousands of British aviation
Sky News. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- This aviator just became the US Navy's first Black female fighter pilot
"Very proud of LTJG [Madeline] Swegle," a senior Navy official wrote. "Go forth and kick butt."
Yahoo. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Boeing Needs More Than A Bounce To Catch Airbus And Get Out Of Trouble
is getting hurt by the pandemic, but Boeing has even bigger problems.
Forbes. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: Jobs loss warnings, aviation 'ignored' and anger in Leicester
Five things you need to know about the coronavirus outbreak this Thursday morning.
BBC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Aviation and gyms 'ignored' by government
Firms hit back after more UK economy coronavirus support measures announced.
BBC News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Garmin's G1000 NXi Certification to Aid Aviation Business
Garmin (GRMN) receives certification for G1000NXi integrated flight deck upgrade for use in the Embraer Phenom 300 business jets.
Zacks. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Top private jet companies got $200 million from the government under CARES Act
The companies say the grants helped them retain employees and support countless other jobs and contractors that depend on private aviation
CNBC. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- This Day in History: July 2
Amelia Earhart and navigator Fred Noonan disappear over the Pacific Ocean; Rioting erupts in East St. Louis, Ill.
Fox News. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- U.S. regulator, Boeing complete 737 MAX certification test flights
The Federal Aviation
Administration and Boeing Co have completed certification test flights on the 737 MAX, a key milestone toward the plane's return to service, the U.S. regulator said on Wednesday. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Virgin Galactic expects to receive key FAA license within next two spaceflights
Virgin Galactic expects to clear remaining Federal Aviation
Administration milestones after one or two more rocket-powered test flights.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Ryanair pilots under investigation after one caught handling plane's throttle with rubber chicken: report
Jokes and yolks are on the aviators for the alleged stunt.
Fox News. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Dutch minister throws carrier KLM 3.4 billion euro lifeline
THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) - The Dutch government announced Friday that it will throw national carrier KLM a 3.4 billion-euro ($3.81 billion) lifeline to help the airline survive the aviation
slump caused by the coronavirus pandemic. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Qantas cuts thousands of jobs as it plans for a three-year downturn
Australian airline Qantas is cutting more than 20% of its staff as it struggles to deal with the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the aviation
Sky News. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
Aviation Schools News Headlines and News Summaries