This Aviation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about aviation and aviator news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Breaking the sound barrier, quietly
Seventy years after Chuck Yeager became the first pilot to fly faster than the speed of sound, NASA engineers are working to bring supersonic travel back to commercial aviation, with quieter sonic booms. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Copa Holdings (CPA) Incurs Narrower-Than-Expected Loss in Q1
Copa Holdings' (CPA) Q1 results are hurt by 69.9% year over year decline in passenger revenues due to the effects of coronavirus on the aviation
Zacks. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Embraer (ERJ) Q1 Loss Wider Than Expected, Revenues Up Y/Y
Embraer's (ERJ) Q1 revenues increase 27.4% year over year due to growth in the Commercial Aviation, Defense & Security and Executive Aviation
Zacks. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- New clue may reveal answer to Amelia Earhart disappearance
It was 80 years ago this week that Amelia Earhart disappeared in the south Pacific and made headlines around the world. Chip Reid reports that there's a new clue in the greatest mysteries in aviation
CBS News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Private jet charter company VistaJet targets carbon neutrality by 2025
Private jet charter company VistaJet has outlined plans to reach carbon neutrality by 2025 in an effort to get sustainability in the aviation
industry to take off.
CNBC. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Prices For New General Aviation Aircraft May Be Pricing Pilots Out Of The Market
forums and at small airports aircraft owners and pilots offer a familiar refrain. The prices of general aviation
(GA) airplanes are unsustainable.
Forbes. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Building A Bridge To Accelerate The Transition To Sustainable Aviation
Realizing the great promise of the future of mobility - where more people and goods could move faster, safer, cleaner, cheaper and with greater inclusivity, accessibility and equity.
Forbes. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- Delivering Air Cargo During a Pandemic Has Been No Small Feat
A former fighter pilot has what it takes to manage Amazon's growing aviation
Smithsonian. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- Summer aviation, buy-now-pay-later and sensor tech
As India formally joins the "red list", Ian is joined by Willie Walsh - the CEO of British Airways' parent company - to discuss the future of global aviation
Sky News. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- Airline industry chief lashes out at EU and UK over travel restart
The head of a global aviation
body has criticised the UK and EU's handling of the restart of international travel amid continuing coronavirus restrictions.
Sky News. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- Airline pilots file dozens of reports of UFOs over Canada - as sightings in country increase
The Civil Aviation
Daily Occurrence Report System (CADORS), operated by federal department Transport Canada, has UFO sightings listed in their archives.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Aviation chiefs blast 'unfair' travel traffic light plans
Costly 'gold-standard' swabs are currently required for all travellers arriving in Britain. But Boris Johnson said he had asked officials to consider whether cheap tests could be used instead
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 7 Apr 2021.
- City of Albuquerque, aerospace company agree to lease deal
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - The city of Albuquerque in New Mexico and an aerospace company that is planning a satellite manufacturing operation have come to terms on a lease for 114.5 acres (46 hectares) of Aviation
Department land. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 4 Apr 2021.
- Should airports be allowed to expand?
Climate change: Should aviation
be allowed to expand?
BBC News. Thursday, 1 Apr 2021.
- Gatwick Airport: Can Crawley turn away from aviation and go green?
A year after British Airways grounded flights at Gatwick Airport, nearby Crawley plots a new course.
BBC News. Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021.
Aviation Schools News Headlines and News Summaries