This Automation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about automation news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Smart home tech for agents: Practical smart home automation ideas
When implemented properly, smart home technology can add a level of security, comfort and entertainment to a home. Here are a few ideas on how to use smart home tech today.
Inman. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- IBM Signs Deal to Acquire Software Provider WDG Automation
IBM's acquisition of WDG Automation
is expected to boost automation
capabilities and fortify position in the RPA space.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Nokia (NOK) to Power Taiwan Mobile With Exclusive 5G Deal
Nokia's (NOK) 5G portfolio will scale up Taiwan Mobile's legacy network infrastructure within dynamic cloud environments, with a sharp focus on scalability, automation
Zacks. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Are We Inching Toward The Lights Out Factory?
For years manufacturers have considered ways to automate human labor. But at no point in recent memory can I recall such an interest in replacing human work. Will this wave of automation
bring us the "lights out" factory?
Forbes. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Getting Back to Work: How Automation Will Help Us Rehire Talent
At some point, we will return to business as usual. Make sure you have employees at the ready.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 12 Jun 2020.
- How Automation Intelligence Can Improve Your Business in Good and Bad Times
It's important to prove to your team that automation
doesn't mean layoffs.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- Why Automation Is Crucial To Manufacturing Resiliency
Production lines have been exposed as unable to scale, incapable of reconfiguring to build the things we need most, and often, unfit even to operate in an environment with limited access.
Forbes. Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020.
- Gap is rushing more robots into its warehouses to handle coronavirus disruption
The news illustrates how the pandemic may speed up automation
in the retail industry. Companies including Gap and Amazon have long used such systems for a range of tasks, like moving items across warehouse floors. ...
CNBC. Thursday, 21 May 2020.
- Robots could be to blame for workers' stagnant wages
Researchers say workers may be cautious about asking for higher pay out of fear they may be replaced by automation
CBS News. Wednesday, 20 May 2020.
- Automation poses increased job risks for African American workers
Black workers in the fast-food, retail and customer-service industries are at higher risk of losing their jobs as companies invest more in labor-replacing technologies between now and 2030, according to research from McKinsey & Co.
CBS News. Wednesday, 20 May 2020.
- Microsoft buys software-automation company Softomotive
Softomotive will integrate with Power Automate, Microsoft's tool for automating workflows that would normally be tedious.
CNBC. Tuesday, 19 May 2020.
- Etihad to trial airport devices that may be able to identify passengers with coronavirus
Etihad has partnered with Australian company Elenium Automation
to test the new technology, which will be trialled at the end of April and throughout May at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Apr 2020.
- Amazon's Alexa and Google Assistant killed automation but saved the smart home - CNET
Commentary: Don't worry, though. Automation
still has a bright future.
CNET. Wednesday, 4 Mar 2020.
- Banner uses automation to cut time for accepting patient transfers
In 2018, Banner Health took more than three hours on average to accept patient transfers from outside facilities. It cut that by automating processes like checking facility capacity and figuring out the physician on call.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 22 Feb 2020.
- What is ZigBee and why is it important for your smart home?
There's been an explosion in smart home devices over the past few years. What was once referred to as "home automation" and still referred to as "Internet
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 15 Oct 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries