This Auto Part news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about auto parts from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- U.S. Citizen Dies In Egyptian Prison, State Department Says
Moustafa Kassem, who sold auto parts
in New York, was arrested amid a massive crackdown in Egypt in 2013. He had been on hunger strike for more than a year at the time of his death.
NPR. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- Should Value Investors Consider Advance Auto Parts (AAP)?
Let's see if Advance Auto Parts
(AAP) stock is a good choice for value-oriented investors right now from multiple angles.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jan 2020.
- Kentucky auto plant consolidating with Tennessee facility
SHELBYVILLE, Ky. (AP) - An auto parts
plant is closing in Kentucky and consolidating production with a plant in Tennessee. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 9 Jan 2020.
- Amazon Alexa's newest home: A Lamborghini sports car - Roadshow
The online retailer also unveils paying for gas with Alexa and more auto partnerships.
CNET. Monday, 6 Jan 2020.
- Here's Why You Should Retain Advance Auto Parts Stock for Now
While Advance Auto Parts
(AAP) continues to expand its footprint with store openings, huge capital expenditures remain concerns.
Zacks. Thursday, 2 Jan 2020.
- Advance Auto Parts to buy DieHard brand from Sears for $200 million in cash deal
Advance Auto Parts
is acquiring Sears' DieHard brand, known for its car batteries, for $200 million in cash, CNBC has learned.
CNBC. Monday, 23 Dec 2019.
- Asia stocks decline; Japan's autos fall after US House passes new North American trade deal
A new North American trade deal was passed on Thursday, which includes a requirement that 75% of auto parts
come from North America, up from the previous 62.5%.
CNBC. Friday, 20 Dec 2019.
- Auto parts maker to create 153 jobs in Tennessee expansion
HENDERSON, Tenn. (AP) - A company that makes automotive parts announced plans on Thursday to expand operations in southwest Tennessee that would yield 153 new jobs over five years. The project by Arvin Sango, Inc. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 13 Dec 2019.
- Auto Industry Basks in a 'False Sense of Security' Over Trade
The risk of potential tariffs on auto parts
imported into the U.S. is not yet completely removed despite the assumption by most industry watchers to the contrary, a BofA analyst warned.
Newsmax. Monday, 25 Nov 2019.
- Trump to Decide on Auto Tariffs 'Soon'
President Donald Trump on Wednesday said he would make a decision soon on whether to impose tariffs on cars and auto parts
imported into the United States but gave no other details."
Newsmax. Wednesday, 13 Nov 2019.
- U.S. sets public hearings on auto import tariff probe
The federal government said it would hold public hearings on whether the import of vehicles and auto parts
represents national security risks.
AutoNews.com. Tuesday, 29 May 2018.
- U.S. Commerce Dept will probe whether auto imports hurt national security
WASHINGTON, May 23 (Reuters) - The U.S. Commerce Department said on Wednesday it will open a so-called Section 232 investigation into whether imports of vehicles and auto parts
harm national security.
Reuters. Wednesday, 23 May 2018.
- Supplier fire ripples across the industry
A magnesium plant fire is the kind of black swan event that's unavoidable in an era when auto parts
often are delivered just hours before they're needed on the assembly line, but prior disasters have taught automakers valuable lessons.
AutoNews.com. Monday, 14 May 2018.
- Tenneco Acquires Federal-Mogul: A New Auto Parts Giant Rises
Excitement is a rare thing in the world of automotive parts. But last week's announcement of Tenneco's potential purchase of Federal-Mogul for USD 5.4 billion was surely a blockbuster moment of 2018.
Forbes. Thursday, 19 Apr 2018.
- NASCAR Monster Energy Cup-O'Reilly Auto Parts 500 Results
1. (8) Kyle Busch, Toyota, 334 laps, 0 rating, 59 points.2. (2) Kevin Harvick, Ford, 334, 0, 45.3. (24) Jamie McMurray, Chevrolet, 334, 0, 38.4. (21) ...
Daily Mail. Sunday, 8 Apr 2018.
Auto Parts News Headlines and News Summaries