This Auto Insurance news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about auto insurance and car insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Michigan Legislature on brink of vote to cut auto premiums
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Michigan lawmakers are poised to vote on legislation to cut the state's high car insurance premiums following progress in negotiations between Republican leaders and Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Michigan Senate to approve plan to cut car insurance rates
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Lawmakers are taking aim at high car insurance premiums by unveiling a plan that would no longer make Michigan the only state to require drivers to buy unlimited medical benefits through their auto insurer. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- As Auto Lending Delinquencies Rise, Discrimination Is Even More Dangerous To The Economy
As auto lending and delinquencies continue to rise, more than ever, there is an urgent need to eliminate discrimination against women and minorities in lending and auto insurance premia.
Forbes. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- Tim Sloan retires after less than 3 years as Wells Fargo CEO
The nation's fourth-largest bank has been roiled by scandals over fake accounts, foreclosed homes and unneeded car insurance
CBS News. Friday, 29 Mar 2019.
- Money saving expert Martin Lewis explains the tricks young drivers can use to slash car insurance
Money saving guru Martin Lewis has revealed the secret way young drivers can cut down on their car insurance on the Martin Lewis Money Show on ITV.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 22 Jan 2019.
- Brexit worries 'add to car insurance costs'
Car insurance premiums climb for the first time since 2017 with Brexit a factor, says AA.
BBC News. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- Loyal older drivers face eight per cent car insurance hike
British motorists in their 50s and 60s are facing hikes of eight per cent compared to the average two per cent in the last three months, it has emerged (stock photo).
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Allstate Is Now A Data And Technology Company - My CES Interview With CEO Tom Wilson
Allstate has been expanding beyond just traditional home and auto insurance to include digital services that meet the needs of modern customers. Read this interview with Allstate's CEO Tom Wilson at CES.
Forbes. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- California makes it illegal to charge more for car insurance based on gender - Roadshow
This legislation follows in the footsteps of similar laws put on the books in the state for health care a decade ago.
CNET. Saturday, 5 Jan 2019.
- Why Wells Fargo is fighting to leave older claims out of its auto payout plan
Wells Fargo is fighting to shut some customers out of a sweeping plan to compensate around 600,000 drivers it pushed into car insurance they did not need, according to court documents.
AutoNews.com. Wednesday, 21 Nov 2018.
- Wells Fargo fights to leave customers out of auto payout plan
Wells Fargo & Co is fighting to shut some customers out of a sweeping plan to compensate around 600,000 drivers it pushed into car insurance they did not need, according to court documents and a source familiar with the effort.
Reuters. Wednesday, 21 Nov 2018.
- Thousands protest in Bulgaria against high fuel prices, car taxes
Thousands of Bulgarians blocked major highways and roads in the Balkan country on Sunday in protest at higher fuel prices, tax increases for older, more polluting cars and an expected increase in car insurance premiums.
Reuters. Sunday, 11 Nov 2018.
- Unsealed complaint: Wells Fargo execs knew auto insurance program was flawed
Wells Fargo executives were warned that an auto insurance plan could be overcharging customers four years before the bank scrapped the program, according to a complaint released by a judge.
AutoNews.com. Wednesday, 7 Nov 2018.
- Car insurance: Why pay when you are not driving?
New forms of insurance can save motorists money - especially if they live in a city.
BBC News. Sunday, 4 Nov 2018.
- How your ZIP code can hike your car insurance premium
Consumer Federation of America objects to "geographic pricing," saying it "should be sharply limited or eliminated"
CBS News. Monday, 15 Oct 2018.
Auto insurance concept
Related Directory Page(s)
Auto Insurance News Headlines and News Summaries