This Auto Insurance news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about auto insurance and car insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Do Progressive And Geico Need To Think Like Hurricane Insurers When It Comes To Self-Driving Cars?
Today, auto insurance
manages risk across millions of independent drivers. However, with AVs, the potential for systemic risk is very high due to the same software running in millions of cars. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 20 Feb 2020.
- California may curb some auto insurance discounts
The proposal comes after an investigation found that lower-income Californians pay the most for insurance.
CBS News. Tuesday, 24 Dec 2019.
- California tries to curb discrimination in auto insurance pricing
California is amending rules around pricing offered to "affinity groups" so auto insurers can't charge more to people of color and lower-income drivers.
CNBC. Tuesday, 24 Dec 2019.
- A look at auto insurance registration data in China may show Tesla sales surging
An analyst believes data on automotive insurance registrations reveals that Tesla has strong demand in the key Chinese market.
CNBC. Thursday, 26 Sep 2019.
- Porsche rolls out its own car insurance in Illinois and Oregon - Roadshow
It'll expand to include other states in the future.
CNET. Thursday, 20 Jun 2019.
- Allstate partners with Life360 app to leverage driving data
Allstate's family of businesses is joining forces with the family-oriented location-sharing app to bring consumers insights into their driving habits and personalized car insurance
ZDNet. Wednesday, 30 May 2018.
- Wells Fargo Opens Auto Insurance in Consumer's Name
Last year, you may recall that Wells Fargo admitted to charging as many as 570,000 consumers for car insurance
they didn't need.The bank apologized and agreed to pay back all of its affected customers. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Monday, 21 May 2018.
- Fewer Shopping For Car Insurance As Ad Buys Fall And Falter
But it can still pay off plenty to shop around for a better deal.
Forbes. Wednesday, 16 May 2018.
- Texans Could See Decrease in Car Insurance Bill
Texas drivers could pay less for their car insurance
starting in May, State Farm announced this week. Photo Credit: Getty Images.
NBC. Tuesday, 1 May 2018.
- Wells Fargo hit by record $1bn penalty
The third-largest US bank is fined for issues at its car insurance
and mortgage businesses.
BBC News. Friday, 20 Apr 2018.
- Wells Fargo fined $1 billion for auto loan, mortgage abuse
The settlement with the CFPB cites Wells Fargo's practice of forcing auto insurance
on some customers who took out loans to buy new vehicles. Wells Fargo also will "remediate harmed consumers," the bureau said.
AutoNews.com. Thursday, 19 Apr 2018.
- Wells Fargo nears $1 billion fine for auto loan, mortgage abuse
The settlement with federal regulators, led by the CFPB, is expected to cite Wells Fargo's practice of forcing auto insurance
on some customers who took out loans to buy new vehicles.
AutoNews.com. Thursday, 19 Apr 2018.
- Wells Fargo faces $1 billion fine from loan abuses
(Reuters) - Two U.S. regulators have proposed Wells Fargo & Co pay $1 billion in penalties to resolve probes into auto insurance
and mortgage lending abuses at the third largest U.S. bank, overshadowing its first quarter results.
Reuters. Friday, 13 Apr 2018.
- Monitoring app could save drivers on car insurance
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - A new auto insurance
company in Rhode Island is rewarding drivers with cheaper rates based off how they drive. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 8 Apr 2018.
Auto Insurance News Headlines and News Summaries