This Auto Insurance news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about auto insurance and car insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chiropractors edge out masseuses for worst driving records
If you had to choose a ride from a chiropractor or a masseuse, which is the better driver? An analysis of car insurance
applications, says neither occupation is winning any driving awards.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
- Doctor accuses car insurance provider of sexism
Dr Bushra Gilchrist from Cheshire posted the letter she'd received from Hastings Direct to Twitter, accusing the company of sexism, It later claimed the letter was an automated reply.
Daily Mail. Friday, 26 Jul 2019.
- Car insurance costs likely to rise following changes to compensation rules
This morning the Government announced reforms to the 'Ogden discount rate' - a system in England and Wales which determines how much critically injured victims receive in compensation.
Daily Mail. Monday, 15 Jul 2019.
- 5 Most and Least Expensive Cars to Insure
Car insurance is one expense you don't want to skimp on, but your premium will vary depending on what car you drive.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019.
- Porsche rolls out its own car insurance in Illinois and Oregon - Roadshow
It'll expand to include other states in the future.
CNET. Thursday, 20 Jun 2019.
- Why Safer Cars Don't Lead To Cheaper Car Insurance ... Yet
Many new cars have optional features that can help prevent accidents. But those same features also make repairs more expensive. The result? Premiums can go up for cars that are less likely to crash.
NPR. Saturday, 15 Jun 2019.
- Wells Fargo Proposes to Settle Auto Insurance Case for $386M
Wells Fargo (WFC) continues to make efforts to settle a two-year old lawsuit in order to concentrate more on the core business.
Zacks. Monday, 10 Jun 2019.
- Michigan Legislature on brink of vote to cut auto premiums
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Michigan lawmakers are poised to vote on legislation to cut the state's high car insurance
premiums following progress in negotiations between Republican leaders and Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Non-standard auto insurance can lead to stalled claims for crash victims
"It's like getting into an accident with someone who doesn't have insurance": Non-standard auto insurance
can lead to stalled claims if you get into a crash with one of their policy holders, the I-Team found.
ABC News. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Michigan Senate to approve plan to cut car insurance rates
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Lawmakers are taking aim at high car insurance
premiums by unveiling a plan that would no longer make Michigan the only state to require drivers to buy unlimited medical benefits through their auto insurer. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- As Auto Lending Delinquencies Rise, Discrimination Is Even More Dangerous To The Economy
As auto lending and delinquencies continue to rise, more than ever, there is an urgent need to eliminate discrimination against women and minorities in lending and auto insurance
Forbes. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- Allstate partners with Life360 app to leverage driving data
Allstate's family of businesses is joining forces with the family-oriented location-sharing app to bring consumers insights into their driving habits and personalized car insurance
ZDNet. Wednesday, 30 May 2018.
- Wells Fargo Opens Auto Insurance in Consumer's Name
Last year, you may recall that Wells Fargo admitted to charging as many as 570,000 consumers for car insurance
they didn't need.The bank apologized and agreed to pay back all of its affected customers. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Monday, 21 May 2018.
- Fewer Shopping For Car Insurance As Ad Buys Fall And Falter
But it can still pay off plenty to shop around for a better deal.
Forbes. Wednesday, 16 May 2018.
- Texans Could See Decrease in Car Insurance Bill
Texas drivers could pay less for their car insurance
starting in May, State Farm announced this week. Photo Credit: Getty Images.
NBC. Tuesday, 1 May 2018.
Auto Insurance News Headlines and News Summaries