This Auto Dealer news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about auto dealer and car dealer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Lithia Motors plans to expand footprint as it rolls out at-home 'Driveway' strategy
"We made a little over a quarter billion dollars in net profit in Q3, which is a good start to be able to buy even more" car dealerships, Lithia Motors CEO Bryan Deboer told CNBC's Jim Cramer.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- In Australia, Inflatable Tube Dancers Scare Dingoes Away From Livestock
At car dealerships, the 13-foot-tall flailing contraptions are meant to attract buyers. But on ranches, they scare off predators and protect the herd
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- The used car boom is one of the hottest, and trickiest, coronavirus markets for consumers
41 million used vehicles are sold each year in the U.S. and Covid-19 is accelerating their popularity in the auto market among both consumers and car dealers, but demand is driving up prices.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Lookers lenders brace for impact of refinancing talks
Lenders to Lookers, the stricken car dealership network, are to appoint financial advisers in the coming days amid an ongoing delay to its full-year and subsequent half-year results.
Sky News. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Column: Auto dealers face a business disruption as EVs are poised to gain market share
Electric vehicles will upend the business of selling cars. How will dealers respond?
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- USO BBQ For The Troops 2020
For the eighth consecutive year, Chicagoland's new-car dealers have partnered with the USO of Illinois to raise funds and awareness for local troops and their families.
ABC News. Wednesday, 30 Sep 2020.
- Shopping For A New Car? 2021s Are Scarce; So Are Big Bargains On The 2020s
It's the time of year when auto dealerships are usually trying to unload last year's models, to make room for the new model year. But so far, not in 2021.
Forbes. Wednesday, 30 Sep 2020.
- Downfall of car dealer who sold death traps: Chancer forged court papers and refused to pay refunds
Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults - and which sometimes had government recall notices that required manufacturers to fix safety issues - but refused to refund customers.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 27 Sep 2020.
- Father who shielded his three children from a gunman loses two jobs
Anthony Jefferson of New York City bravely protected his children from gun fire at a car dealership on Monday, but has since lost both his jobs because he can't walk after being shot in the thigh
Daily Mail. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
- Bob Rohrman, legendary auto dealer known for TV commercials, dies at age 87
Legendary car dealer
Bob Rohrman died Tuesday, a spokesperson confirmed.
ABC News. Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020.
- In Colorado town, the post office delivers much more than the mail
Leadville, Colo., has no car dealership, no Walmart, no department store and no dependable internet service. The post office fills important gaps.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 30 Aug 2020.
- Winter weather slows auto sales
The big storms that recently hit several states are leading to some big discounts at car dealerships. Also, a new study has found that people who make more money are more likely to find a romantic partner. Jericka Duncan reports.
CBS News. Friday, 14 Aug 2020.
- Hillary Clinton: "My biggest regret is what happened in Benghazi"
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told a conference of car dealers that the attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, was a "great loss." Norah O'Donnell reports.
CBS News. Friday, 14 Aug 2020.
- Car dealer Pendragon to close 15 branches and cut 1,800 jobs
Pendragon, which owns Evans Halshaw, says it needs to ensure the "long-term health" of the company.
BBC News. Thursday, 30 Jul 2020.
- Owner of Stratstone and Evans Halshaw dealerships to cut 1,800 jobs
The owner of UK car dealership brands Evans Halshaw and Stratstone has announced plans to cut 1,800 jobs.
Sky News. Thursday, 30 Jul 2020.
Auto Dealers News Headlines and News Summaries