This Auto Dealer news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about auto dealer and car dealer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- SoftBank-backed online car dealer Auto1 to go public in first quarter, plans to raise $1.2 billion
German online car trading platform Auto1 on Wednesday announced it is planning to list on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange in the first quarter of 2021.
CNBC. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Can YOU name the 24 movie cars just from their number plates?
A tricky new challenge, created by Scottish car dealer
Peter Vardy, challenges film buffs to name all of the 24 movie cars just from their number plates. Warning - it's a lot harder than it looks!
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Fort Worth auto dealership slaying leads to 2 more bodies; suspect in custody
A Dallas man was in custody Tuesday and was expected to face capital murder charges after three employees of a Forth Worth auto dealership were found dead, according to reports.
Fox News. Wednesday, 16 Dec 2020.
- Fort Worth car dealership worker found dead, 2 colleagues missing: report
Fort Worth police were investigating the apparent shooting death of an employee at a car dealership, according to a report Tuesday.
Fox News. Tuesday, 15 Dec 2020.
- Barbecue for the Troops 2020 raises $50K for USO of Illinois
Car dealers helping men and women of the military are making us Chicago proud.
ABC News. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Covid: Finance firm refusing car loans to hospitality sector
One company has written to car dealers saying it will not now lend to people working in the pub industry.
BBC News. Tuesday, 3 Nov 2020.
- Personalization Will Change Your Car Dealership Experience Forever
Hyper-personalizing the car purchase experience will be a path to auto dealer
success. Personalization is about making the customer feel special. ...
Forbes. Monday, 2 Nov 2020.
- Car Dealers Enjoy Record Profits, While New-Car Shortage Lasts
Dealers are making hay while the sun shines, taking advantage of a relative shortage of new vehicles. On the plus side, they're better at doing business online.
Forbes. Saturday, 31 Oct 2020.
- Lithia Motors plans to expand footprint as it rolls out at-home 'Driveway' strategy
"We made a little over a quarter billion dollars in net profit in Q3, which is a good start to be able to buy even more" car dealerships, Lithia Motors CEO Bryan Deboer told CNBC's Jim Cramer.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- In Australia, Inflatable Tube Dancers Scare Dingoes Away From Livestock
At car dealerships, the 13-foot-tall flailing contraptions are meant to attract buyers. But on ranches, they scare off predators and protect the herd
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Lookers lenders brace for impact of refinancing talks
Lenders to Lookers, the stricken car dealership network, are to appoint financial advisers in the coming days amid an ongoing delay to its full-year and subsequent half-year results.
Sky News. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Column: Auto dealers face a business disruption as EVs are poised to gain market share
Electric vehicles will upend the business of selling cars. How will dealers respond?
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- USO BBQ For The Troops 2020
For the eighth consecutive year, Chicagoland's new-car dealers have partnered with the USO of Illinois to raise funds and awareness for local troops and their families.
ABC News. Wednesday, 30 Sep 2020.
- Downfall of car dealer who sold death traps: Chancer forged court papers and refused to pay refunds
Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults - and which sometimes had government recall notices that required manufacturers to fix safety issues - but refused to refund customers.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 27 Sep 2020.
- In Colorado town, the post office delivers much more than the mail
Leadville, Colo., has no car dealership, no Walmart, no department store and no dependable internet service. The post office fills important gaps.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 30 Aug 2020.
Auto Dealers News Headlines and News Summaries