This Auto Dealer news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about auto dealer and car dealer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Scammers set up fake online car dealership to con victims out of thousands of pounds
Auto-Promotions used fake pictures of cars and directors to lure customers into purchasing fake cars - which did not actually exist - from their seemingly legitimate website.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Beware online car sale scams, consumers warned
A fake car dealership website defrauded victims out of thousands of pounds, BBC investigation finds.
BBC News. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Car dealer Pendragon gears up for £400m bid from top investor
Pendragon, the London-listed car dealer
behind brands including Evans Halshaw and Stratstone, has received a fresh £400m takeover approach from its largest shareholder.
Sky News. Sunday, 25 Sep 2022.
- Where Is the Auto Industry Headed?
The owner of a used car dealership tries to predict the future of used cars.
New York Times. Thursday, 15 Sep 2022.
- US car dealer Lithia Motors unmasked as mystery bidder for Pendragon
A US car dealership giant with a market value of over $7bn was the mystery bidder which made an offer last month for Pendragon, its British peer.
Sky News. Friday, 12 Aug 2022.
- MARKET REPORT: Takeover snub revs up shares in car dealer Pendragon
The takeover offer from an unnamed bidder was 29p per share, representing a 35 per cent premium to Thursday's closing price.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 6 Aug 2022.
- Illinois cracks down on Carvana for second time over out-of-state registration permits
Illinois banned used car dealer
Carvana for the second time in three months over issues with title transfers and out-of-state permits.
Washington Times. Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022.
- USO BBQ for the Troops raises money to help local military
More than 60 new-car dealers throughout Chicagoland are firing up their grills to host USO Barbecue for the Troops fundraisers.
ABC News. Saturday, 16 Jul 2022.
- Auto dealerships are facing a shortage of technicians to fix cars. Here's why
Auto dealerships, like many industries, are feeling the effects of what some have termed the Great Resignation, in which workers are quitting at steep rates.
CNBC. Saturday, 9 Jul 2022.
- Texas DMV to Require Fingerprinting for Car Dealers After Abuse of Paper Tag System
The Texas DMV Board adopted a plan for stiffer background checks on people applying for Texas car dealer
licenses Thursday, including fingerprinting applicants.
NBC. Thursday, Jun 30 2022.
- USO BBQ for the Troops 2022: Chicagoland car dealerships team up to raise money for USO Illinois
Mark your calendars for July 16, when dealerships across the area are going to be firing up their grills for a USO BBQ for the Troops.
ABC News. Thursday, 23 Jun 2022.
- Selling Like Hotcakes: New Cars And Trucks, And The Dealerships That Sell Them, Too
So far, the current streak of record profits for U.S. auto dealerships continues, with buyers lining up to acquire more dealerships.
Forbes. Tuesday, 31 May 2022.
- Arlington Car Dealer Fatally Shot Repossessing Loaner, Suspect Arrested: Police
An Arlington man is facing a capital murder charge after being accused of fatally shooting a car dealer
who was repossessing a loaner vehicle on Monday.
NBC. Friday, May 20 2022.
- Cars.com: An Oversold Auto Stock to Buy on the Dip
The stock of auto dealership company Cars.com (CARS) is currently trading about 47% below its 52-week price high. And it seems to be trading below its intrinsic value. However, ...
Entrepreneur. Friday, 20 May 2022.
- Local Car Dealerships Remain Remarkably Resilient in the Face of Change
The tried-and-true methods of selling cars are trusted because they work well, as their continued high performance in the marketplace indicates.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 16 May 2022.
Auto Dealers News Headlines and News Summaries