This Auto Dealer news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about auto dealer and car dealer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Car Dealers Buy Up More Dealerships, Betting High Prices, Low Inventory Will Persist; Just Not As Extreme
Big auto dealer
chains are buying up other dealerships at a record pace, according to firms that broker dealership mergers and acquisitions.
Forbes. Friday, 31 Dec 2021.
- Gold Coast business owner calls on city to do more after thieves target dealership in smash and grab
After declaring enough is enough, one luxury car dealership owner is still frustrated.
ABC News. Thursday, 16 Dec 2021.
- Chicago robbers steal watches worth millions from luxury car dealership
One stood suspect by the door with a gun while the other smashed a display case with a hammer, stealing at least eight luxury watches worth millions. The owners are slamming city leaders.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 Dec 2021.
- Car dealer Pendragon ups profit outlook for second time in two months
The shortage of new cars was lower than expected in October and November. And price rises and strong sales of used vehicles also boosted profits.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Dec 2021.
- Pendragon profit outlook shifts up a gear as it shrugs off supply shortage
Car dealership Pendragon has shifted its profit outlook up a gear as it shrugged off shortages of new vehicles and saw strong demand in the second-hand market.
Sky News. Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021.
- Pandemic Shutdowns Sped Up Online Commerce At Auto Dealerships
Auto dealerships are much better at dealing with customers who approach the dealership via online channels.
Forbes. Monday, 29 Nov 2021.
- Car shopping for Black Friday deals is very different this year. Here's what to know
Those discounts and special sales that once were plentiful at auto dealerships around Black Friday have largely evaporated amid low inventory.
CNBC. Friday, 26 Nov 2021.
- Florida limits Covid vaccine mandates, challenging Biden's requirements for private businesses
"We're respecting people's individual freedom in this state," DeSantis said at a Honda car dealership in Brandon, Florida.
CNBC. Thursday, 18 Nov 2021.
- Car dealerships targeted by brazen daytime car thieves in west suburbs, police warn
Security cameras captured images of men police said fit a similar crime pattern. They enter through a back door and look in the open hatch for a car with the keys in it.
ABC News. Thursday, 18 Nov 2021.
- Pasadena man sentenced to more than 16 years in kidnapping of luxury car dealer
Anthony Valladares will spend more than 16 years in federal prison for his role in a 2018 plot to kidnap a Chinese national and hold him at ransom. The victim eventually died of his injuries.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 30 Oct 2021.
- Bear of the Day: Americas CarMart (CRMT)
Wait for the next catalyst or this auto dealer
Zacks. Wednesday, 22 Sep 2021.
- Back-to-School Shopping Lifts U.S. Retail Sales in August
Rise in sales across non-store retailers, furniture and home furnishing outlets, as well as grocery stores and general merchandise outlets helped offset softness at auto dealers.
Zacks. Friday, 17 Sep 2021.
- Aston Martin sues Swiss car dealer over deposits on £2.5m Valkyrie model
Aston Martin is suing a Swiss car dealer
which it claims failed to hand over customer deposits for its £2.5m Valkyrie supercar.
Sky News. Tuesday, 22 Jun 2021.
Auto Dealers News Headlines and News Summaries