This Auto Dealer news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about auto dealer and car dealer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 300 Jeeps gather in N.C. to make terminally ill 9-year-old's dream come true
9-year-old Jack is terminally ill and has always wanted to ride in a Jeep with no top or doors. Over 300 Jeeps turned out to a local car dealership to make that happen.
ABC News. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Car dealership pays $1.2 million after fraud investigation
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A Florida Chevrolet dealership has paid $1.2 million in retribution and owes a civil penalty after an investigation found outstanding loans on customers' trade-ins weren't paid off. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Nissan Rogue owner gets sudden stopping solution for sensors gone rogue
A Nissan Rouge owner whose vehicle suddenly stopped for no reason said he saw major results from a car dealer
ABC News. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Car dealers struggle to sell 2018 new-car inventory to make room for 2020 cars
A full 3.5% of all July's new car sales were 2018 model years, according to Tyson Jominy, vice president of automotive data and analytics consulting for J.D. Power.
CNBC. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- Ford Takes Guns Out of Alabama Dealership Promo
An Alabama car dealership's promo that doled out a Bible, a flag, and a shotgun to anyone who bought Ford was shut down by the Ford Motor Company.
Newsmax. Thursday, 27 Jun 2019.
- Boss of Britain's biggest car dealer Pendragon makes abrupt exit after just three months in the job
Mark Herbert had been appointed as chief executive at the beginning of April to replace Trevor Finn, who had been pushed to go after a string of profit warnings.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 27 Jun 2019.
- Alabama Car Dealership Celebrates America: Free Shotgun, Bible And Flag
This dealership is about as American as it gets
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019.
- Alabama car dealership offers a free Bible, shotgun and American flag to every customer for July 4
Chatom Ford in Alabama is offering a free flag, Bible and shotgun until July 31. Customers just need to have a valid ID, be able to legally buy a vehicle and pass checks associated with owning a fire arm.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019.
- Alabama car dealership offers free shotgun, Bible and American flag to customers
A rural Alabama car dealership is giving away a Bible, a 12-gauge shotgun and an American flag with the purchase of any new or used vehicle as part of its Fourth of July sales promotion.
Fox News. Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019.
- Fired employee kills 2, self at California car dealership
A disgruntled former employee allegedly killed two employees and himself at the Northern California car dealership Tuesday evening, according to reports.
Fox News. Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019.
- Suspicious Device Determined To Be Legal Fireworks
A suspicious package found at a car dealership Thursday afternoon turned out to be legal fireworks. Photo Credit: NBCConnecticut.com.
NBC. Thursday, 6 Jun 2019.
- After years of alleged wage theft, a Culver City carwash is ordered to pay $2.4 million
In the largest wage-theft case ever brought by the state of California against a carwash company, Beverly Hills auto dealership mogul Hooman Nissani has been ordered to pay $2.4 million in back wages and penalties. ...
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
- Auto giants battle used car dealers for Africa's huge market
At the edge of Nairobi's Ngong Forest, thousands of used cars glitter in the hot sun on a dusty field, waiting for buyers.
Reuters. Saturday, 13 Apr 2019.
- Why Avis And Enterprise Are Beating Car Dealerships To The Future
Auto dealerships seem to believe that the decline of car ownership is a hype-filled vision of the future. On the other hand, Avis and Enterprise believe that the decline in car ownership is real and enduring. Who will win?
Forbes. Wednesday, 10 Apr 2019.
- Mark Wahlberg And A Bunch Of Private Equity Firms Want To Sell You A Car (Or Buy Your Dealership)
Car dealerships are selling like hotcakes, even as new car sales have been slowing, thanks to aging ownership and interest from celebs and private equity.
Forbes. Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019.
Auto Dealers News Headlines and News Summaries