This Auto Dealer news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about auto dealer and car dealer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Senate GOP tax bill stuffed with special interest provisions
Under the Senate tax bill, car dealerships would be able to fully deduct interest on loans thanks to Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul. An amendment by Texas Sen. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- EchoPark Used-Car Dealerships Gain Momentum In Q1 For Sonic Automotive
New-car dealership chain Sonic Automotive has its foot on the gas, to add dealerships for EchoPark, its used-car-only brand.
Forbes. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Arizona police officer killed, others injured in pursuit of stolen car, officials say
Dozens of Arizona law enforcement officers from multiple agencies responded to a situation at a car dealership complex on Friday that left one officer dead.
Fox News. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Auto Dealers Can Drive A Hard Bargain, As New-Car Shortage Continues
Auto manufacturers and dealers rake in higher profits due to strong demand and a shortage of new-vehicle inventory.
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Economists are pessimistic about economy, and other MoneyWatch headlines
Economists are worried about the growth of the U.S. economy; and car dealerships are beginning to use virtual reality. CBS News MoneyWatch's Jill Wagner has those stories and other business headlines on CBSN.
CBS News. Sunday, 18 Apr 2021.
- MARKET REPORT: Car dealer Lookers shares in overdrive
Lookers shifted 44,000 cars through its online platforms and 'click and drive' services. In the same period last year - almost all of which was before the first lockdown - it sold 49,000.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Apr 2021.
- New car sales rebound in March as registrations rise 11.5%
It's the first month of year-on-year sales increases since August 2020 and comes as car dealerships prepare to reopen their showroom doors to customers next week for the first time in 2021.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 6 Apr 2021.
- Chicago police investigating car dealership break-in on South Side
Chicago police are investigating a break-in at a car dealership on the South Side Friday morning.
ABC News. Friday, 2 Apr 2021.
- British used car dealer Cazoo is going public in the U.S. via $7 billion SPAC deal
Cazoo announced Monday that it will go public through a merger with billionaire investor Daniel Och's special purpose acquisition company.
CNBC. Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021.
- Auto dealers sue Illinois, EV makers over direct sales
CHICAGO (AP) - The Illinois Automobile Dealers Association has filed a lawsuit against the state and electric truck startup Rivian for selling vehicles directly to consumers. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 26 Mar 2021.
- Tilman Fertitta says his luxury dealership has sold 17 cars to buyers using bitcoin since 2018
Houston businessman Tilman Fertitta told CNBC his luxury car dealership started to accept bitcoin as a payment in order to be innovative.
CNBC. Wednesday, 10 Feb 2021.
- Fort Worth auto dealership slaying leads to 2 more bodies; suspect in custody
A Dallas man was in custody Tuesday and was expected to face capital murder charges after three employees of a Forth Worth auto dealership were found dead, according to reports.
Fox News. Wednesday, 16 Dec 2020.
- Barbecue for the Troops 2020 raises $50K for USO of Illinois
Car dealers helping men and women of the military are making us Chicago proud.
ABC News. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- In Australia, Inflatable Tube Dancers Scare Dingoes Away From Livestock
At car dealerships, the 13-foot-tall flailing contraptions are meant to attract buyers. But on ranches, they scare off predators and protect the herd
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Lookers lenders brace for impact of refinancing talks
Lenders to Lookers, the stricken car dealership network, are to appoint financial advisers in the coming days amid an ongoing delay to its full-year and subsequent half-year results.
Sky News. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
Auto Dealers News Headlines and News Summaries