This Auto Dealer news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about auto dealer and car dealer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Car dealers could lose out on custom if they don't retain Covid measures
More than half of in-market car buyers say they would avoid dealerships without effective hygiene protocol, such as social distancing guidelines, mask requirements and ample hand sanitiser stations.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Tekion, Software Firm For Auto Dealers, Raises $250 Million In New Funding Round
The Pleasanton, California-based developer of cloud-based software for automotive retailers has boosted its valuation to $3.5 billion with the latest round.
Forbes. Tuesday, 5 Oct 2021.
- Car theft ring used fake IDs to illegally finance cars at dealerships in Cook, DuPage: authorities
Law enforcement officers have taken down a sophisticated car theft ring that has been targeting high-end car dealerships around the state for several years.
ABC News. Tuesday, 28 Sep 2021.
- Computer Chip Shortage Hurts September Auto Sales, Drives Many Shoppers To The Sidelines
For now, car dealers are making so much profit per vehicle, it more than makes up for lower auto sales volume, due to the computer chip shortage.
Forbes. Tuesday, 28 Sep 2021.
- Chicago mechanic strike ends as union, car dealerships reach agreement
Mechanics and technicians should be back on the job Monday morning.
ABC News. Monday, 27 Sep 2021.
- Bear of the Day: Americas CarMart (CRMT)
Wait for the next catalyst or this auto dealer
Zacks. Wednesday, 22 Sep 2021.
- Only Fools and Horses: Boycie actor John Challis remembered as 'Peckham pal' after death at 79
The actor, who died on Sunday, was best known for playing car dealer
Boycie in Only Fools and Horses.
BBC News. Monday, 20 Sep 2021.
- Only Fools And Horses actor John Challis dies aged 79
The actor was best known for playing unscrupulous car dealer
Boycie in sitcom Only Fools and Horses.
BBC News. Sunday, 19 Sep 2021.
- Back-to-School Shopping Lifts U.S. Retail Sales in August
Rise in sales across non-store retailers, furniture and home furnishing outlets, as well as grocery stores and general merchandise outlets helped offset softness at auto dealers.
Zacks. Friday, 17 Sep 2021.
- Utah mechanic who converted to Islam sues car dealership for religious discrimination
Allan Goodson, a Utah mechanic who converted to Islam, was relentlessly mocked by his coworkers, denied short prayer breaks and fired twice, according to a federal lawsuit.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 5 Aug 2021.
- Kyle Larson's Hendrick Motorsports NASCAR contract extended through 2023
Kyle Larson has had is Hendrick Motorsports contract extended through 2023. The Cup Series driver has full sponsorship from Hendrick's car dealership group.
Fox News. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- Aston Martin sues Swiss car dealer over deposits on £2.5m Valkyrie model
Aston Martin is suing a Swiss car dealer
which it claims failed to hand over customer deposits for its £2.5m Valkyrie supercar.
Sky News. Tuesday, 22 Jun 2021.
- Car dealer Pendragon motors towards huge pay revolt
Pendragon, one of Britain's biggest car dealers, is facing a massive shareholder backlash after paying its chief executive a six-figure bonus despite axing 1,800 jobs and using millions of pounds of taxpayers' money to furlough staff.
Sky News. Friday, 14 May 2021.
- Arizona police officer killed, others injured in pursuit of stolen car, officials say
Dozens of Arizona law enforcement officers from multiple agencies responded to a situation at a car dealership complex on Friday that left one officer dead.
Fox News. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- British used car dealer Cazoo is going public in the U.S. via $7 billion SPAC deal
Cazoo announced Monday that it will go public through a merger with billionaire investor Daniel Och's special purpose acquisition company.
CNBC. Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021.
Auto Dealers News Headlines and News Summaries