This Auto Dealer news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about auto dealer and car dealer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- After years of alleged wage theft, a Culver City carwash is ordered to pay $2.4 million
In the largest wage-theft case ever brought by the state of California against a carwash company, Beverly Hills auto dealership mogul Hooman Nissani has been ordered to pay $2.4 million in back wages and penalties. ...
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
- Auto giants battle used car dealers for Africa's huge market
At the edge of Nairobi's Ngong Forest, thousands of used cars glitter in the hot sun on a dusty field, waiting for buyers.
Reuters. Saturday, 13 Apr 2019.
- Why Avis And Enterprise Are Beating Car Dealerships To The Future
Auto dealerships seem to believe that the decline of car ownership is a hype-filled vision of the future. On the other hand, Avis and Enterprise believe that the decline in car ownership is real and enduring. Who will win?
Forbes. Wednesday, 10 Apr 2019.
- Warwick mayor faces controversy over car dealership
WARWICK, R.I. (AP) - Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo has requested the mayor of Warwick resign from a regulatory board that conducts oversight for car businesses, including the one he owns. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 28 Mar 2019.
- TRED Helps You Save By Avoiding Dealer Trade-In
TRED is a new website that enables car sellers to find car buyers while eliminating the traditional car dealer from the process. The result could be savings for both parties.
Forbes. Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019.
- Mayor says he won't relinquish his car dealership plates
WARWICK, R.I. (AP) - The mayor of Warwick, Rhode Island says he is not willing to give up his car dealer plates from his car dealership business. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 14 Mar 2019.
- Two Chinese nationals charged with kidnapping car dealer in $2M ransom
Guangyao Yang (left), 25, and Peicheng Shen (right), 33, have been charged for allegedly kidnapping car dealer, Ruochen Liao, and holding him hostage while they negotiated a $2M ransom from his family.
Daily Mail. Monday, 4 Mar 2019.
- Blaze breaks out at Tesla garage as 'small explosions' are heard
Firefighters are trying to put out a huge fire which has engulfed a Tesla car dealership in Crawley, Sussex.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 2 Mar 2019.
- Elon Musk is 'almost unethical' says outgoing AutoNation CEO
Tesla CEO Elon Musk acts in an "almost unethical" way said the outgoing CEO of the largest auto dealer chain in the United States.
CNBC. Friday, 22 Feb 2019.
- Virtual dealership promises no used car salesmen
A virtual used car dealership called Clutch intends to exploit the bad reputation of used car salesmen by offering a service with no sales staff, and a "concierge" to bring the car to the customer for a test drive. ...
CBC News. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- Kids cause $800G damages at Houston car dealership; wreck Ford Mustang, Dodge Challenger
Four juveniles turned a Houston area CarMax parking lot into their own demolition derby Sunday night causing $800,000 in damages.
Fox News. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- Financing concerns weigh on auto dealers in Q4, Cox survey finds
Alongside affordability challenges, high interest rates and difficulty obtaining credit for customers have clouded dealers' typically rosy outlooks, according to Cox Automotive's Dealer Sentiment Index survey.
AutoNews.com. Wednesday, 12 Dec 2018.
- Cox Automotive economist sees tax season as possible 'disaster' for car dealers
Cox's chief economist warns dealers to be conservative on inventory next spring as changes to the tax law may significantly reduce refunds in 2019.
AutoNews.com. Monday, 10 Dec 2018.
- Former employee says dealership sold broken cars
One day after Contact7 dug into dozens of claims against a local used car dealership, a former employee is bringing new allegations forward that the Sharpest Rides knew about problems with cars and sold them anyway.
ABC News. Friday, 23 Nov 2018.
- Despite complaints, dealer denies selling lemons
It started with a single tip into Contact7 and became a full investigation of how a local used car dealership does business.
ABC News. Wednesday, 21 Nov 2018.
Buying a car from an auto dealer
Related Directory Page(s)
Auto Dealers News Headlines and News Summaries