This Audio news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about audio news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sonos CEO apologises for decision to axe support for older speakers
The US-based audio
firm announced earlier this week that it would stop sending software updates to a number of its products from May. CEO Patrick Spence has apologised for the decision.
Daily Mail. Friday, 24 Jan 2020.
- Bose Closing Of Brick-And-Mortar Stores Is Expected To Boost Profits
equipment company Bose announced on January 15 it would shut down its 119 retail locations in North America, Europe, Japan, and Australia over the next several months.
Forbes. Friday, 24 Jan 2020.
- Ikea launches a new party speaker range with Teenage Engineering
It's been a couple of years since Ikea announced it was going to collaborate audio
experts Teenage Engineering on some household products, but the partnership
Pocket Lint. Friday, 24 Jan 2020.
- Philips Fidelio X3 initial review: Premium audiophile brand is back with top-end headphones
The Philips Fidelio brand returns with what is shaping up to be a great start. The Fidelio X3 open-back, on-ear headphones tick many of the boxes for
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 23 Jan 2020.
- Tsakalis AudioWorks Molecular Boost and MultiCab MkIII Demos | NAMM 2020
Iconic mic, power-amp, and cab simulations make for an incredibly handy DI, while DIP switches for different EQ responses embolden a mini-but-mighty boost.
Premier Guitar. Thursday, 23 Jan 2020.
- Jackson Audio Golden Boy, El Guapo, & Modular Fuzz Demos | NAMM 2020
Listen to a trio of new stomps including Joey Landreth's signature overdrive and an incredible modular octave fuzz.
Premier Guitar. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- Here's how easy it is to use iOS 13's Audio Share feature with your AirPods - CNET
You can quickly share whatever it is you're listening to on your iPhone using a new iOS 13 feature called Audio
Sharing so you don't end up sharing ear wax.
CNET. Monday, 20 Jan 2020.
- Listen to Everything You Love Offline with Audials One 2020
You don't need an internet connection to stream your favorite audio
Entrepreneur. Sunday, 19 Jan 2020.
- Ukraine audiotape row: President rejects PM's offer to quit
President Zelensky gives PM Oleksiy Honcharuk "a chance" to stay, despite his reported mockery.
BBC News. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Ukraine PM Honcharuk offers to quit in audiotape furore
PM Honcharuk appears to mock President Zelensky's grasp of economics in a leaked recording.
BBC News. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Ukraine's prime minister offers to resign over leaked audio
It's the first major domestic political test for a relatively inexperienced president who has been caught up in U.S. impeachment proceedings.
CBS News. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Ukrainian Prime Minister Offers Resignation
has Honcharuk criticizing president for not understanding the economy.
Voice of America. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Spotify Leads Streaming With Custom Pet Playlists, Dog Podcast
This week the Swedish audio-streaming brand announced the launch of a new podcast for dogs left home alone, and a new platform feature that allows users to create playlists for pets.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- More details on Delta jet fuel dump revealed in audio between the pilot and air traffic control
Newly released audio
sheds new light on what happened when a plane dumped thousands of gallons of fuel over a heavily populated area of Southern California. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Audio equipment maker Bose to close all UK retail stores due to 'dramatic shift' to online sales
equipment maker Bose says it will close all of its 119 stores across in Europe, North America, Japan and Australia due to the 'dramatic shift' in customer buying trends towards online sales.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries