This Auction news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about auctions from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Jordan game-worn UNC jersey sells for $1.38M
The only known Michael Jordan game-worn North Carolina jersey sold for $1.38 million on Saturday with Heritage Auctions.
ESPN. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Amy Winehouse's clothes to be auctioned by late singer's family ahead of ten-year death anniversary
Amy Winehouse's father Mitch and mother Janis will auction
some of their late daughter's clothes ahead of the ten-year anniversary of the singer's death in July in a bid to raise money for charity.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Michael Jordan North Carolina jersey auctioned for $1.38 million
A game-worn Michael Jordan North Carolina jersey is auctioned for $1.38 million, nearly tripling the previous best for a Jordan jersey.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Saudi prince's reported da Vinci purchase sign of cultural shift?
A new report suggests a Saudi Arabian prince is the mysterious buyer of a rare Leonardo da Vinci painting. The "Salvator Mundi" painting was sold at auction
for a record $450 million. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Football from Brady's 1st TD toss going to auction
The football that Tom Brady threw to complete his first touchdown pass in the NFL is going up for auction
with Lelands on Sunday.
ESPN. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Murderous bank robber's Chevrolet Impala rental car auctioned for $45K
A 1965 Chevrolet Impala used as a getaway car in an infamous bank robbery has been auctioned for $45,000. Duane Earl Pope rented the car in Salina, Kan., before killing three at the Farmer's State Bank in Big Springs, Neb.
Fox News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Blue Origin will auction ticket for its tourist trip to space
The suborbital tourist flight, which will be made up of six people aboard the New Shepard spacecraft, will take place on July 20 of this year.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Rolls-Royce restarts Bergen sale after Norwegian state veto
Rolls-Royce Holdings has restarted the auction
of its maritime engine manufacturing division after the Norwegian government vetoed its sale to a Russian-based buyer.
Sky News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Paul Newman's record-breaking watch
Serena Altschul has the tale of a Rolex wristwatch once owned by Paul Newman, and recently auctioned in New York City for a record amount.
CBS News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Bezos' Blue Origin flight: How you can bid for a seat
Billionaire Amazon founder Jeff Bezos' spaceflight company Blue Origin announced Tuesday that it would auction
off one of the seats on its first-ever crewed mission this summer.
Fox News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin to auction 1 ticket for first space tourism flight
It's not clear how much the ticket is expected to fetch, nor did Blue Origin say who else will be on the first flight
ABC News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- JFK's love letters to Swedish mistress written after marriage to Jackie up for auction
Kennedy closed out one of the handwritten letters to von Post by scribbling: "You are wonderful and I miss you."
ABC News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin to launch first space tourism passengers on July 20 and auction off a seat
Jeff Bezos' space venture Blue Origin on Wednesday announced the first passenger flight for its New Shepard tourism rocket will be July 20.
CNBC. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- How to score a seat on Blue Origin's first crewed mission to space
Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin space company will auction
off a seat in its New Shepard space capsule.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- KAR Auction Services (KAR) Beats Q1 Earnings and Revenue Estimates
Services (KAR) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 275.00% and 2.69%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
Auctions News Headlines and News Summaries