This Auction news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about auctions from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The 70th Anniversary Chevrolet Corvette could raise millions for military families
The 2023 Chevrolet Corvette 70th Anniversary Edition has been revealed. The automaker will auction
the first car for charity to raise money for Operation Homefront.
Fox News. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Wholesale Auction Prices For Used Cars, Trucks, Up Almost 50% Vs. Pre-Pandemic
Prices for used cars and trucks are way up at wholesale, dealer-only auctions. That has dealers putting more effort into buying used cars direct from consumers.
Forbes. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Miniature Banksy model goes on display in Newcastle
The artwork is being exhibited ahead of an auction
which could raise a seven figure sum.
BBC News. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- Mystery book sculptures to be auctioned in Edinburgh
Five creations by an anonymous artist are to be sold to raise funds for the Scottish Book Trust.
BBC News. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- Harvey G. Stack, Leading Dealer in Rare Coins, Dies at 93
At the New York firm his father and uncle started in 1933, he was said to have personally conducted more auction
sales than anyone else in the industry.
New York Times. Saturday, 22 Jan 2022.
- Behind The Scenes Of A Luxury Home Auction On The Big Island Of Hawaii
The process of selling a property is a stressful one for most homeowners, but it's especially true for property owners in the world's most exclusive markets.
Forbes. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- A Huge Black Diamond, Purportedly From Outer Space, Is Now Up for Sale
The gem known as the 'Enigma' is expected to fetch around $7 million at auction, though experts are skeptical of its cosmic origin
Smithsonian. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- Metal Detectorist Discovers One of England's Earliest Gold Coins in a Farm Field
The 13th-century gold penny found in southwestern Britain could sell for half a million at auction
Smithsonian. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Robbie Williams to sell three of Banksy's most famous works at auction
Robbie Williams is to sell three of Banksy's most iconic paintings - with the auction
set to earn the singer millions of pounds.
Sky News. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Robbie Williams' collection of famous Banksy artworks will sell for millions at auction in March
The pieces - Girl With Balloon, Kissing Coppers and Vandalised Oils (Choppers) - will be up for sale in the first edition of Sotheby's The Now Evening Auction
in London on March 2.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Petrobras (PBR) Cuts Production Forecasts for 2022 and Beyond
Brazilian oil biggie, Petrobras (PBR), to bring down the output target as a result of the Atapu, Sepia auction.
Zacks. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- You Can Still Own a Caravaggio, but It Comes With a House (and a Hefty Price)
A much anticipated auction
for a $500 million villa in Rome that boasts a Caravaggio ceiling fresco failed to get any offers.
New York Times. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- 'Wayne's World' AMC Pacer up for auction ahead of film's 30th anniversary
The custom 1976 AMC Pacer from "Wayne's World" is being auctioned at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale event ahead of the film's 30th anniversary.
Fox News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- AT&T (T) Emerges as Highest Bidder in Mid-Band Spectrum Auction
AT&T (T) is focusing on core wireless businesses to maintain its leading market position as the industry benefits from a healthy uptick in demand amid the lingering coronavirus scare.
Zacks. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- The 10 most expensive cars sold at auction in 2021
We detail the 10 classic cars that sold for the highest figures in 2021 - and feature five other motors of particular importance that changed hands at the block last year.
Daily Mail. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
Auctions News Headlines and News Summaries