This Auction news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about auctions from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Legendary Mozambican ruby sells for record price
The world's largest ruby, described it as a "once-in-a-lifetime" jewel, fetches $34.8m at auction.
BBC News. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- U.K. Museum Recovers 15th-Century Altar Panel Almost 50 Years After It Was Stolen
The piece was about to go to auction
when researchers noticed similarities to another panel at the York Art Gallery
Smithsonian. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Used car prices are falling as sales soften amid high interest rates
Cox Automotive reported a 2.7% decline from April to May in its used vehicle index, which tracks vehicles sold at its U.S. wholesale dealership auctions.
CNBC. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Lloyds to launch £600m Telegraph auction after seizing control
Britain's biggest high street lender is lining up bankers to launch a £600m auction
of the Telegraph newspapers and The Spectator magazine within days amid a bitter row with the titles’ long-standing owners.
Sky News. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- Collective Napa Valley Summer Wine Auction Nets $3.8 Million For Charity
More than 1300 wine lovers attended the weekend event that netted $3.8 million for mental health services in the community.
Forbes. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- Frenchman's one-of-a-kind wooden car fetches a record price at auction
The Citroen 2CV is one of the most iconic cars ever to come out of France, but nobody had ever seen one quite like Michel Robillard's handcrafted masterpiece.
CBS News. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Freddie Mercury memorabilia on display ahead of auction
Song lyrics Mercury scribbled on an old airline schedule reveal what "Bohemian Rhapsody" was almost titled.
CBS News. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- CITY WHISPERS: Interest in LSE's public-private exchange
According to Julia Hoggett's outline, it would function as a place where private firms could auction
shares, similar to the mainstream market.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 4 Jun 2023.
- How David Duncan Is Working to Preserve and Protect Napa Valley, One Insanely Delicious Bottle of Wine at a Time
The leader of iconic wine brands including Silver Oak and OVID is chairing the Collective Napa Valley auction, with an eye on preserving the landscape and the good times that come with it.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 2 Jun 2023.
- Stormy Daniels sues former friend for putting her beloved horse up for auction
Stormy Daniels is suing Southern Cross Equestrian in Terrell, Texas as well as owner Michelle Cheney, who had been keeping her competitive horse, Leo, under pasture care since late 2020.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 1 Jun 2023.
- $10,000 could land you that lighthouse you've always wanted
The General Services Administration plans to sell four lighthouses through public auctions
and give away six others.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 1 Jun 2023.
- The Mystery of the Disappearing van Gogh
After a painting by the Dutch artist sold at auction, a movie producer claimed to be the owner. It later vanished from sight, with a trail leading to Caribbean tax havens and a jailed Chinese billionaire.
New York Times. Tuesday, 30 May 2023.
- Fixer-Uppers With Waterfront Views: The U.S. Is Unloading Lighthouses
The General Services Administration said it was offering six to nonprofits or government agencies that promise to maintain them, and selling four others at auction.
New York Times. Saturday, 27 May 2023.
- 'Dream Team' auction ships $5M to 'The Mailman'
Karl Malone earned $5 million from auctioning 24 pieces of memorabilia from the 1992 "Dream Team," including a Michael Jordan jersey that fetched $3M.
ESPN. Friday, 26 May 2023.
- Zenith To Auction One-Of-A-Kind Chronomaster Watch To Benefit Susan G. Komen Center
Zenith watch is teaming up with Phillips auction
house this year to sell a one-of-a-kind watch to benefit the Susan G. Komen center for cancer research.
Forbes. Friday, 26 May 2023.
Auctions News Headlines and News Summaries