This Auction news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about auctions from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- First GMC HUMMER EV could raise millions at charity auction
GMC will auction
the first HUMMER EV at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction
in March to raise money for the Stephen Siler Tunnel to Towers foundation.
Fox News. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Orianne Cevey auctions off ex-husband Phil Collins' awards
Amid her bitter split from Genesis frontman Phil Collins, Cevey is selling a number of items with Kodner Galleries, including records and music awards of her former husband.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Kettle Foods-owner has appetite for £1.5bn sale
The owner of grocery brands including Kettle crisps and Rowse honey is to launch an auction
that could fetch more than £1.5bn and cement its status as one of Europe's biggest privately owned food producers.
Sky News. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- The bank busting classic cars of 2020 revealed
These are the 10 cars sold at auction
with the highest winning bids over the market value of the models. In one case, it saw a Bentley sell for 155% above what experts say it should be worth.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- Prince's Diamonds and Pearls guitar to be sold
The way Prince chose his guitar has a place in "music industry legend", an auctioneer says.
BBC News. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- See How Much 8 Iconic Film and TV Cars Have Sold for in Real Life
From Doc Brown's DeLorean to Batman's Batmobile, cars made famous by movies and TV shows have fetched impressive bids at auction.
Mental Floss. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Next ditches TopShop offer amid bidding frenzy
Next has pulled out of the bidding for TopShop as the auction
of Sir Philip Green’s former high street empire enters its closing stages.
Sky News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Million-dollar muscle truck? Ram auctioning world's most powerful pickup to help veterans
Ram is auctioning the first 1500 TRX pickup in March to raise money for veterans affairs efforts. The 702 horsepower truck is the most powerful production pickup ever made.
Fox News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Carl Icahn nixes charity bid to blow up ex-Trump casino
Billionaire investor blocks auction
house from dynamiting the former Trump Plaza casino to raise money for charity.
CBS News. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Radiohead: School band demo up for auction
The five members of Radiohead met at school in Abingdon and formed a band called On A Friday.
BBC News. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- 10-year Treasury yield falls as data shows inflation stays subdued
U.S. Treasury yields dipped on Wednesday, after strong demand in an auction
for $38 billion of 10-year notes on Tuesday.
CNBC. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Car auction company KAR goes 100% digital years ahead of schedule amid pandemic
Services planned to go 100% digital in the next three years, but ended up making it happen virtually overnight, CEO Jim Hallett said.
CNBC. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- iPhone, Sasumg Galaxy and Aiwa Are Part of the First INDEP Auction in 2020
Among the Apple equipment are five iPhone 8 Plus, three iPhone 7 and an iPhone X.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Rare Doctor's Note Offers Glimpse Into Napoleon's Agonized Final Years
The 1818 missive, which describes the French statesman's failing health, recently sold at auction
Smithsonian. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- US Judge Denies Effort to Stop Drilling Auction in Arctic Refuge
Environmental groups and indigenous people of northeastern Alaska sought preliminary injunction to block sale in the ecologically sensitive area.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
Auctions News Headlines and News Summaries