This Attorney news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about attorneys from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Purge' Movie Shooting: 2 Dead in Random Attack, Officials Say
Anthony Barajas, who was popular on TikTok, and Rylee Goodrich were each shot in the head at a theater in Corona, Calif., in what the district attorney
said was an unprovoked attack.
New York Times. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- Former DOJ official's notes say Trump asked him to call election "corrupt"
The House Oversight and Reform Committee released notes from acting deputy attorney
general Richard Donoghue Friday.
CBS News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Justice Department says Russians hacked federal prosecutors
The department said 27 U.S. attorney
offices had at least one employee's email account compromised during the hacking campaign.
CBS News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Russian hackers broke into email accounts of top US prosecutors, DOJ says
The DOJ says 80% of Microsoft email accounts used by employees in the four U.S. attorney
offices in New York were breached.
ABC News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Lasting power of attorney could go digital to make it easier to set up
Lasting power of attorney
allows people to appoint someone they trust, usually a family member or friend, to take control of their affairs if they fall ill.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Colion Noir blasts ACLU for declaring the Second Amendment 'racist': 'Disgusting' to use racism
and gun rights activist Colion Noir ripped the American Civil Liberties Union for declaring the liberties enshrined in the Second Amendment "racist."
Fox News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- North Texas Attorney Thankful For Vaccine After Family Contracts COVID-19
After testing positive for COVID-19, a Dallas attorney
says he is thankful he and his wife had both been vaccinated against the virus beforehand.
NBC. Friday, Jul 30 2021.
- Navy sailor accused of setting fire to billion-dollar warship denies allegations: lawyer
The sailor charged by the U.S. Navy in connection to a fire that destroyed the USS Bonhomme Richard warship in 2020 has "absolutely" denied any allegation of wrongdoing in the matter, his attorney
told Fox News.
Fox News. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Ultra-woke San Francisco DA says shoplifter in infamous Walgreens video might have been 'desperate'
Chesa Boudin, the district attorney
of San Francisco, told The New Yorker he wanted to know if the Walgreens thief was 'drug addicted, mentally ill, desperate'.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Lawyer to probe Cook County State's Attorney's Office after Jackie Wilson re-trial for CPD deaths
Former Assistant State's Attorney
Nicholas Trutenko in October testified he had a personal relationship with a jail informant who helped convict Wilson.
ABC News. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Ben Crump Johnson & Johnson lawsuit claims Blacks targeted by powder company
Civil rights attorney
Ben Crump announced this week he filed a lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson, alleging the company targeted Black women with its sales of baby powder that allegedly caused cancer. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Facebook Antitrust Suit Dismissal Will Be Appealed, States Say
A federal judge eviscerated arguments by more than 40 state attorneys
general that Facebook had a monopoly.
New York Times. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Trump Endorses Incumbent Ken Paxton Over George P. Bush For Texas Attorney General
Trump Endorses Incumbent Ken Paxton Over George P. Bush For Texas Attorney
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Britney Spears' attorney petitions to have a CPA replace James Spears in conservatorship
Britney Spears' new attorney
has filed a petition to replace her father James Spears with CPA Jason Rubin as the pop star's sole conservator.
CNBC. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Veteran Psychedelics Advocate/Attorney Launches New Venture Capital Firm
Aside from cannabis, the psychedelics industry is growing at a breakneck pace. No surprise that yet another psychedelics venture capital firm has launched. ...
Forbes. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
Attorneys News Headlines and News Summaries