This Attorney news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about attorneys from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Cyrus Vance Jr., Beat Trump and Weinstein. Why is His Standing Still Shaky?
The Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., has two big recent victories, but still has not said whether he is seeking re-election.
New York Times. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Alabama primary tests Trump's influence among Republican voters
With the backing of President Trump, former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville faces off against former Attorney
General Jeff Sessions Tuesday in a primary runoff for the U.S. Senate in Alabama.
Yahoo. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Changes to a Justice Department police reform program leave community fighting for transparency
General Jeff Sessions significantly altered a Justice Department program meant to bring law enforcement and local communities together on a voluntary basis. ...
CBS News. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Armed St. Louis couple receive 50 offers to replace the AR-15 seized by cops
Mark and Patricia McCloskey's attorney
Joel Schwartz said a Missouri gun store was among those to have made the offers, which they are 'kindly refuting'.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Police misconduct complaints can soon be filed online by Cook County residents, state's attorney's office announces
Cook County residents will soon be able to report police misconduct online.
ABC News. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Rep. Jordan hopes Durham investigation can be done before the election
Rep. Jim Jordan, ranking Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, reacts to the timeline of U.S. Attorney
John Durham's investigation into the origins of the Russia probe.
Yahoo. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Attorney General Barr told Trump he shouldn't grant Roger Stone clemency
Barr had previously said that Roger Stone's prosecution was "righteous" and the sentence was fair, and defended his decision to oppose a stricter sentence for Stone.
CNBC. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Jeff Sessions dismisses Trump's 'juvenile insults': 'My honor and integrity are far more important'
General Jeff Sessions blasted President Trump's "juvenile insults" on Saturday in a marked departure from his characteristic silence after years of attacks from his former boss.
Fox News. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Trump takes closing shot at his former AG Jeff Sessions in Alabama race
President Trump reminded voters Saturday morning he'd like to block a return to Washington for his former Attorney
General Jeff Sessions. "Big Senate Race in Alabama on Tuesday," Mr. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Police raid house of gun-toting St.Louis lawyer couple
Police have seized the AR-15 brandished by Mark McCloskey while a handgun used by his wife Patricia was already in the possession of their attorney.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Utah Governor Declares State of Emergency After Protests Over Police Shooting
Protests erupted after the district attorney
in Salt Lake City said there would be no charges against the officers involved in the May shooting of Bernardo Palacios-Carbajal.
New York Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Judge orders Manhattan DA, Trump lawyers to detail next steps in tax records case after big Supreme Court ruling
President Trump has battled an effort by Manhattan District Attorney
Cyrus Vance Jr. to get his tax records, and shows no sign of giving up, despite an adverse Supreme Court ruling.
CNBC. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Brian Frosh, Maryland attorney general, slams Gov. Larry Hogan, demands vote-by-mail election
Maryland's Democratic attorney
general scolded GOP Gov. Larry Hogan on Friday and insisted the state move to embrace a vote-by-mail election amid coronavirus this fall. Brian E. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Ousted U.S. attorney details push by Barr to resign post or be fired
Former U.S. Attorney
Geoffrey Berman's ouster last month has attracted scrutiny from lawmakers.
CBS News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Former US attorney for SDNY Geoffrey Berman testifies at House Judiciary Committee
Former U.S. Attorney
for the Southern District of New York Geoffrey Berman is testifying behind closed doors on Capitol Hill Thursday over his firing by Attorney
General Bill Barr last month.
Fox News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
Attorneys News Headlines and News Summaries