This Attorney news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about attorneys from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Barr promises justice for sex-trafficking victims
Two days after the death of Jeffrey Epstein, Attorney
General William Barr vowed to go after anyone else involved in the sex-trafficking operation, saying the victims deserve justice. ...
CBS News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Kim Foxx secures Cook County Democrats' endorsement ahead of 2020 primary
The Cook County Democratic Party is standing behind State's Attorney
Kim Foxx in the lead up to the 2020 primary, despite the firestorm of criticism she received after dropping charges against Jussie Smollett.
ABC News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Lawyers for death row inmate file stay arguing he is intellectually disabled
Alfred Bourgeois, 55, is one of the five federal inmates whose execution was scheduled by Attorney
General Bill Barr last month, after a 16-year lapse in federal executions.
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Lawyer: Kazakh activist freed after signing guilt admission
ALMATY, Kazakhstan (AP) - A Kazakh activist who was on trial for inciting ethnic tensions has been freed after signing an admission of his guilt under pressure, an attorney
said Friday. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Woman sues for gun ban in Kroger grocery stores after father's murder
"You don't need a gun to buy groceries," her attorney
CBS News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- NJ attorney general issues gun protective order directive
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - New Jersey's attorney
general has issued a directive to the state's police officers on how to implement a recent law aimed at reducing gun violence. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- California alleges doctor killed 4 patients with opioids
general said he is charging a Northern California doctor with killing four patients by overprescribing opioids and narcotics, crimes he linked to the nationwide opioid epidemic.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Lawyer who represented Jeffrey Epstein victims doesn't think he killed himself
West Palm Beach attorney
Spencer Kuvin said he was skeptical of Jeffrey Epstein's apparent suicide because he said the billionaire pedophile was too vain and always believed he was right.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- A Prime Minister's Office drunk on its own arrogance: Robyn Urback
This is a government so convinced of it own moral virtue that it can rationalize trading text messages with a criminally charged organization over a pressure campaign on the attorney
CBC News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Illinois joins lawsuit against new Trump administration rules denying green cards to immigrants on food stamps
general in 13 states have filed a lawsuit challenging a Trump administration rule that'll allow immigration officials to deny green cards to migrants who use public assistance, including food stamps or housing vouchers.
ABC News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- FCC set to vote on T-Mobile-Sprint merger, though states' lawsuit still looms large - CNET
The merger is taking its next expected step, but the battle with 16 attorneys
general still looms large.
CNET. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- The war within: Wilson-Raybould's last days as a Liberal minister
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau knew his relationship with former justice minister and attorney
general Jody Wilson-Raybould was problematic long before his government was crippled by her allegations against him during the SNC-Lavalin affair.
CBC News. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- 'Serious Irregularities' At Jail Where Epstein Died, Attorney General Says
General William Barr says he was appalled by the death of Jeffrey Epstein at a New York City jail over the weekend. He blamed the correctional center for failing to "adequately secure" him.
NPR. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Louisiana defendant with face tattoos convicted of killing 2; attorney sought jury that wouldn't judge ink
The Louisiana man whose attorney
sought a jury who wouldn't judge the double-homicide suspect's facial tattoos was convicted of murder on Friday.
Fox News. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- Trump retweets conspiracy theory about Bill Clinton after Jeffrey Epstein's death by suicide
Trump's own attorney
general, William Barr, said Saturday that Epstein died in an apparent suicide. Epstein was found dead in his cell Saturday morning after hanging himself, sources told NBC News.
CNBC. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
Attorneys News Headlines and News Summaries