This Attorney news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about attorneys from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- US Capitol rioter's attorney says he has to 'deprogram' his client
Texas man Garret Miller 34, was arrested by the FBI on Friday and charged with participating in the Capitol riot and posting violent threats online, including a comment to 'assassinate AOC'.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Queens Prosecutors Ignored Misconduct for Years. Can a New D.A. Change That?
In her first year as district attorney, Melinda Katz has led major culture shifts in the borough. But some hope for more.
New York Times. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Federal judge temporarily blocks Biden's deportation moratorium
U.S. District Judge Drew Tipton agreed to pause the policy while he considered a lawsuit filed by Texas' Republican attorney
CBS News. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- Deborah Barbier joins Trump impeachment defense team
COLUMBIA, S.C. — Donald Trump is adding another South Carolina attorney
to his impeachment legal team, according to a trial lawyer group in the state. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Watchdog to Examine Whether Justice Dept. Helped Trump Effort to Overturn Election
The inquiry was announced after revelations about a plot between Donald Trump and a top former department official to promote false claims of voter fraud by replacing the acting attorney
New York Times. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- US Justice Department Watchdog to Probe Possible Election Meddling
Inspector general to look at actions of an assistant attorney
general who conversed with Trump before his loss to Biden became official.
Voice of America. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- DOJ inspector general probing whether officials tried to overturn election
The review comes after a bombshell report from the New York Times detailed a plan under which former President Donald Trump weighed firing the acting attorney
CBS News. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Dominion Voting Systems sues Rudy Giuliani over false election claims, seeks more than $1B
Seeking to "vindicate the company's rights under civil law," Dominion Voting sued former Pres. Trump's personal attorney.
ABC News. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Watchdog probes if Department of Justice officials tried to overturn election
The investigation comes after reports that a former assistant AG had been discussing a plan with then-Pres. Trump to oust the acting attorney
ABC News. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Schumer demands DOJ probe Trump's plot to replace AG with one who would overturn GA election results
Chuck Schumer called for a probe into the report that Trump allegedly planned to fire his attorney
general and replace him with someone who would work to overturn the presidential election results in Georgia.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 24 Jan 2021.
- Trump and Justice Dept. Lawyer Said to Have Plotted to Oust Acting Attorney General
- NYT: Trump, Justice Depart. Lawyer Tried to Oust Acting Attorney General
Justice department officials said they would resign if Jeffrey Rosen were replaced.
Voice of America. Saturday, 23 Jan 2021.
- Xavier Becerra: What to know about Biden's HHS secretary pick
President Joe Biden surprised the medical community when he nominated California Attorney
General Xavier Becerra to serve on his cabinet as Secretary of Health and Human Services.
Fox News. Saturday, 23 Jan 2021.
- REPORT: Attorney General Who Oversaw Breonna Taylor Case Facing Impeachment Petition
'This battle chose them'
Daily Caller. Saturday, 23 Jan 2021.
- Texas Becomes First State To Sue Biden Administration
The lawsuit, filed by Texas Attorney
General Ken Paxton, comes just two days after President Biden took office.
Forbes. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
Attorneys News Headlines and News Summaries