This Asian news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about asian news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Overseas investors in shuttered Vegas casino demand refunds
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Developers and former managers of Asian-themed Lucky Dragon casino-hotel that was built, open for a year, closed and recently sold in Las Vegas are now facing investor lawsuits. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Army Corps approves $778M plan to block Asian carp advance
The Army Corps of Engineers' commanding officer has endorsed a $778 million plan for upgrading a lock-and-dam complex near Chicago to prevent Asian carp from invading the Great Lakes
ABC News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Asian-Americans fastest-growing group in Southern Nevada
LAS VEGAS (AP) - It's growing crowded inside the Shrine of Our Lady of La Vang in Las Vegas. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Hilton's Commitment to Diverse Leadership
This month Hilton is celebrating Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month with events across its U.S. corporate offices. ...
Hsyndicate. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Asian shares slip as US-China spat takes center stage
Asian markets slip as traders brace for impact of U.S.-China spat
ABC News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Shangri-La Opens 2nd Hotel in Suzhou in June 2019
Suzhou 22 May 2019 - Shangri-La Group today announced that Shangri-La Hotel, Suzhou Yuanqu is set to open on 1 June 2019. This makes it the second hotel in Suzhou, China for the luxury Asian hospitality group. ...
Hsyndicate. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Asian markets mixed amid geopolitical developments
Stocks in Asia were mixed on Monday amid a series of geopolitical developments across the region.
CNBC. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Lisa Smiley: Why Asians Should Leave The Democratic Party
'Democrats have duped Asians into voting against our own self-interest'
Daily Caller. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Asian shares struggle for footing after tough week
Asian shares were trying to end a bleak week in the black on Friday as upbeat U.S. economic news and solid company earnings offered a respite from the interminable Sino-U.S. trade saga.
Reuters. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Philippines Recalls Its Ambassador to Canada in a Spat Over Trash
The recall comes after Canada failed to take back tons of household rubbish sent to the Southeast Asian country that had been labeled as recyclable.
New York Times. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Asian auto stocks end mixed amid trade concerns
Auto stocks in Asia were mixed amid concerns over U.S.-China trade, after seeing an earlier jump following reports that the U.S. may delay tariffs on the sector.
CNBC. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Asian shares win reprieve as Trump seen delaying auto tariffs
Asian shares steadied on Thursday on news that U.S. President Donald Trump is planning to delay tariffs on auto imports, providing much needed relief to markets hit by a flare-up in trade tensions and on weak U.S. and Chinese economic data.
Reuters. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Unprecedented weakening of Asian summer monsoon
Rainfall from the Asian summer monsoon has been decreasing over the past 80 years, a decline unprecedented in the last 448 years, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- As Swine Fever Roils Asia, Hogs Are Culled and Dinner Plans Change
An African swine fever outbreak that had been centered in China is rapidly spreading to neighboring countries, pushing up prices of pork, a staple in many Asian nations.
New York Times. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Amid Escalating Trade Tensions, Asian Companies Need Help Navigating U.S. Market
In the spring of 2017, I wrote a multi-part series in Forbes.com on the challenges facing foreign-based companies seeking to increase their business presence in the U.S. ...
Forbes. Monday, 13 May 2019.
Smiling Asian woman with dark-rimmed eyeglasses
Related Directory Page(s)
Asian Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries