This Asian news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about Asian news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- China Market Update: Hong Kong & Mainland China Brush Off US Selloff, Earnings Take Center Stage
Key News Asian
equities were off modestly relative to the US selloff yesterday in a strong display of relative strength.
Forbes. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Maskless shopper performs a kung fu kick on shop worker who asked her to leave
A black shopper who was told to put on a face mask performed a kung fu kick on an Asian
worker at a pharmacy in Ontario, Canada. The women made cartoonish noises as she carried out the assault.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Asian Markets Post Another Day of Losses
Nikkei index in Tokyo loses 0.3% in its trading session.
Voice of America. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- World shares mixed, US futures up after S&P 500 sinks 3.5%
European shares opened higher Thursday after Asian
shares logged moderate losses following a sell-off on Wall Street sparked by surging coronavirus counts and fresh pandemic shutdown measures. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Music industry reports progress on diversity
The number of black, Asian
and minority ethnic staff working in music has increased since 2016.
BBC News. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Giving Circle Donates $200K to Asian Nonprofits
It's been a tough year for nonprofits in North Texas, but more than a dozen have something good to celebrate.
NBC. Wednesday, Oct 28 2020.
- Asian Sotheby's realtor arrested for telling black YouTuber, 25, he was in a 'no-n***** zone'
Paul Ng of Scottsdale, Arizona was arrested for telling two black men they were in a 'no-n***** zone' and saying 'I am a racist' in a shocking rant on Friday morning.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Aiming for Perfect Asian Tapas, Even in a Pandemic
Mokyo, in the East Village, shows an unusual level of creativity and even formality.
New York Times. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Former Kyrgyz Security Council Chief Dismisses New Government's Anti-Corruption Efforts As A 'Theatrical Show'
The former chief of Kyrgyzstan's Security Council, Keneshbek Duishobaev, has resigned in protest of anti-corruption efforts by the Central Asian
nation's new government that he called little more than "a theatrical show."
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Asian Markets Undergoing a Second Consecutive Down Day
Global markets fell Monday as investors appeared increasingly uncertain about the outlook of the global economy due to a resurgence of coronavirus cases.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- After eradicating first 'murder hornet' nest in US, scientists hunt for more
On Saturday, scientists from the Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) successfully vacuumed dozens of Asian
giant hornets out of a tree in Blaine, Wash.
Fox News. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Five Underrated Asian Cities To Visit In 2021
For those who prefer to explore off the beaten path, few destinations can compare to these little-known cities.
Forbes. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Scientists find first-ever "murder hornet" nest in the U.S.
Officials plan to eradicate the Asian
giant hornet nest, hopefully, before the invasive species takes hold.
CBS News. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Murder Hornet Nest, First in U.S., Is Removed in Washington State
Officials vacuumed the nest in Blaine, Wash., on Saturday before the voracious Asian
giant hornets could multiply and lay waste to bees.
New York Times. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- China's top leaders meet this week to plan for the next five years. Here's what to expect
China's top leadership will gather in Beijing to discuss the country's development plan for the next five years. It comes at a particularly critical time for the Asian
nation and its leader Xi Jinping.
CNBC. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
Asian Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries