This Asian news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about Asian news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- South Asian anti-black racism: 'We don't marry black people'
Amit's relationship with Michelle was a secret for years because he feared his family's reaction.
BBC News. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Solid8 CEO Michael Lofthouse resigns over racial outburst video
Lofthouse, who was taped using racist language toward an Asian
family, said he will enroll in an anti-racist program.
CBS News. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Tech CEO resigns after his racist rant barraging an Asian family went viral
After his outburst went viral, Michael Lofthouse is no longer CEO of Solid8.
ABC News. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Oil slips as traders eye supply cut easing at OPEC meeting
Oil slipped in early Asian
trade on Monday as traders eyed an OPEC technical meeting this week which is expected to recommend an easing in supply cuts that have been propping up crude prices.
CNBC. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Asian Markets Begin Week on Upswing
Investors optimistic over a post-pandemic recovery.
Voice of America. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- San Francisco tech CEO behind racist tirade at Asian family resigns
British CEO Michael Lofthouse, 37, has stepped down as CEO of San Francisco- based company Solid8 following his racist rant at an Asian
family. He will enroll in an anti-racist program.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Tucker Carlson's top writer resigns after racist, sexist posts revealed
Writer Blake Neff used a pseudonym to write bigoted comments about Black and Asian
people, as well as women.
ABC News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Pub and restaurant bosses back Chancellor
James Breslaw (pictured), the founder of Asian
restaurant chain Neds Noodle Bar, was jubilant on hearing the Chancellor's speech.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Pakistan expects UAE remittances to be slashed as pandemic hits migrant workers
20% of the UAE's majority-expat population is Pakistani, and in a typical year the South Asian
nation receives $4.6 billion in remittances from the UAE alone.
CNBC. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Global stocks mixed after Wall St slips on economy worries
BEIJING (AP) - European stock markets opened higher Friday while Asian
prices followed Wall Street lower on worries economic recoveries might fade as coronavirus cases increase in the United States and some other countries. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: 'Big fat British Asian weddings' forced to slim down
How has the coronavirus pandemic hit the Asian
weddings industry in the UK?
BBC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Thousands of Asian American hate crimes reported amid coronavirus pandemic
Since the coronavirus pandemic began, there has been a rise in hate crimes and racist attacks against Asian
CBS News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Asian Markets Rebound Thursday
The Nikkei index in Tokyo ended the day 0.4 percent higher.
Voice of America. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- CEO apologizes after racist rant targeting Asian American family
The executive from San Francisco is seen on video yelling racial slurs and expletives before a waiter tells him to leave.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Booker And Sanders Have Most Diverse Staffs, New Report From Senate Democrats Reveals
Of all 47 senators, only seven reported that 50% or more of their staff members identify as non-caucasian.
Forbes. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
Asian Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries