This Artist news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about artist and art studio news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Exhibitions Highlighting Birds In Art On View Across America
Birds have always been a favorite subject of artists dating back to cave drawings. Exhibitions across the country highlight artistic expression realized through birds.
Forbes. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Comedian John Mulaney, wife Anna Marie Tendler divorcing after six years of marriage
The comedian and the artist
married in July 2014 in upstate New York.
Fox News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- From Extreme Catfishing to Wine Fraud, Here Are 6 Documentaries About Con Artists
If you've already blown through HBO Max's scammer series 'Generation Hustle,' these documentaries are for you.
Mental Floss. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- London becomes a gallery for light as Lumiere festival kicks off
London is burning bright this weekend with the start of this year's Lumiere London festival. The work of more than 50 artists from all over the world is on display to accentuate the city through displays of light. ...
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Tap dancers: Putting their best foot forward
The art form, born of diverse dance traditions brought to America, has recently experienced an encore of popularity thanks to a new generation of tap artists.
CBS News. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Norwegian Sound Artist Jana Winderen Has Perfected The Art Of Listening Underwater
The Oslo-based Norwegian artist, Jana Winderen, champions the well-being of the planet through her immersive soundscapes.
Forbes. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Celebrity make-up artist reveals the six steps for faking a fresh-faced glow
London-based makeup artist
to the stars Bryony Blake has revealed her top tips for faking a fresh-face and healthy eyes when our busy social calendars return, using nude eyeliner and matte foundation.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- NYC Plans $25 Million Program to Put Artists Back to Work
The move is intended to support artists whose income plummeted during the pandemic and who have clamored for government relief.
New York Times. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Emergency Grants for New York City Artists With Disabilities
Applications for the $1,000 grants, from the New York Foundation for the Arts, can be submitted through June 15.
New York Times. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Long Island artist creates realistic 'Mandalorian' costume from scratch
Long Island woman Alexa Suess creates a realistic 'Mandalorian' Star Wars costume that is out of this world!
ABC News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Made of Steel comic: Artist dad inspired by 'bolshie and brave' daughter
Jim Connolly hopes his strong characters show young girls gender "shouldn't hold them back" in life.
BBC News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Millionaire Instagram artist who started 'glitter boobs' trend is walking away from painting nudes
Sophie Tea, the millionaire Instagram artist
who kickstarted the glitter boob trend and became well know for her empowering portraits of naked women is moving on to new things.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Brewery accidentally sends free beer to brand loyalist's ex
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Last Sunday afternoon, a dozen friends gathered near the entrance to the Deurty Boys Gallery in the French Quarter, where artist
Lance Vargas exhibits his splintery sculptures, cobbled from salvaged wood. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 1 May 2021.
- Digital artist Beeple sees NFTs, like the one he sold for over $69 million, around for 'many decades'
Beeple, real name Mike Winkelmann, told CNBC he believes nonfungible tokens will eventually be "looked at as a true alternate asset class."
CNBC. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- LS Lowry: Artist's rare rugby crowd painting going on show
LS Lowry's paintings more commonly showed crowds going to football matches rather than rugby league.
BBC News. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
Artists and Art Studios News Headlines and News Summaries