This Artist news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about artist and art studio news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Jessie Mueller talks 'Sweet Home Chicago' music video to support Arts for Illinois Relief Fund
The music video was produced to raise money for the Arts for Illinois Relief Fund, which helps artists throughout Chicago and Illinois who are struggling in the wake of COVID-19 closures.
ABC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Theater Artists of Color Enumerate Demands for Change
A 29-page document released this week amounts to a call for wholesale restructuring of the system, onstage and backstage, on Broadway and beyond.
New York Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- National Gallery of Art Acquires Its First Painting by a Native American Artist
Jaune Quick-to-See Smith's work addresses questions of identity and appropriation
Smithsonian. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- A Snapshot of Life in America in 1981
The magic of a young artist's carefree trip across the country four decades ago
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Female artist faces prison in Russia for 'spreading pornography' with vagina drawings
Yulia Tsvetkova, 27, an artist
and activist from Komsomolsk-on-Amur, far-eastern Russia, could face a jail term of two to six years for distributing the artistic impressions on social media.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Parisian graffiti artist accused of rape and sexual assault
A group of 25 women file a complaint against the man, known for his tag "love runs the streets".
BBC News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Russian Graffiti Artist Offers Happiness In A Spray Can
Russian street artist
Boris Makarov, alias Bob Makar, has taken a spray can to gray walls in his hometown of Dubna, north of Moscow. He says he wants to brighten up people's lives. Even the local municipal head likes his work.
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Local artists transform Downtown San Jose with Black Lives Matter murals
"Rise SJ" is giving Bay Area artists the chance to stand together with the Black Lives Matter movement by transforming boarded up storefronts into murals.
ABC News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Fellow Artists Mourn The Death Of Legendary Artist Charlie Daniels
The singer and master fiddler best known for "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" was 83.
Forbes. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- How a Brooklyn Artist Is Making Black Women Her Focus
Through her Essential Workers series, Aya Brown, 24, has shined a spotlight on the Black women in New York who work in hospitals, schools and retail.
New York Times. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Make-up artists share contouring tip for slimmer nose with FORK
TikTok user Ellie Trimarchi, from Sydney, amazed the video sharing app with her simple hack for contouring your nose with a fork, using the prongs as a guide when applying the darker and lighter shades.
Daily Mail. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Contract workers for summer festivals look for job options amid COVID
In California, artists and builders would usually be producing floats for events like the San Francisco Pride parade or July 4th celebrations.
CBS News. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Blackpink Passes BTS To Claim The Most Top 40 Hits Among Korean Artists In The U.K.
Blackpink has now charted four top 40 hits in the U.K., the most among all Korean musicians.
Forbes. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Jim Carrey's "nonsensical belief" in himself and the universe
The comedian-artist (with co-author Dana Vachon) has written a semi-serious, semi-autobiographical novel, "Memoirs and Misinformation"
CBS News. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- St Albans Cathedral's black Jesus is a 'bold statement'
said she wanted "to make people question the Western myth that Jesus had fair hair and blue eyes".
BBC News. Saturday, 4 Jul 2020.
Artists and Art Studios News Headlines and News Summaries